imageRegister

Author Topic: RPGDL 2017 Season 1, Week 4  (Read 674 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
RPGDL 2017 Season 1, Week 4
« on: April 02, 2017, 02:52:07 AM »
Godlike

Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Empyrea (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King)
Jezuit (Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter) vs Airy (Bravely Default)

Heavy

Amon (Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals) vs Mei-ling (SaGa Frontier)
Lyndis (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) vs Jowy Atreides (Suikoden II)

Middle

Karsh (Chrono Cross) vs Izlude Tingel (Final Fantasy Tactics)
Chrom (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Lilly Pendragon (Suikoden III)

Light

Irvine Kinneas (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Tia (Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals)
Randi (Secret of Mana) vs Andre (Shadow Hearts: Covenant)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: RPGDL 2017 Season 1, Week 4
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 11:15:22 AM »
Godlike

Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Empyrea (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King)- Emp is grossly outclassed.
Jezuit (Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter) vs Airy (Bravely Default)- Jezuit needs for you to see Shadowwalk as catching everything and I am not inclined to see it catching MT.

Heavy

Amon (Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals) vs Mei-ling (SaGa Frontier)- Too much offense offhand. I don't think Mei-Ling can blitz down Amon either.
Lyndis (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) vs Jowy Atreides (Suikoden II)- Speed should prevent doubling and that removes any argument Lyn has.

Middle

Karsh (Chrono Cross) vs Izlude Tingel (Final Fantasy Tactics)- Counter is bad news for Karsh. He's not tanky enough to drop Izlude to a 4HKO either.
Chrom (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Lilly Pendragon (Suikoden III)- Better. Lilly's a pretty unremarkable Middle.

Light

Irvine Kinneas (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Tia (Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals)-Irvine's best case is that he heal locks Tia, but that just gives her time to build up to a fatal IP. She can chip past his limit range.
Randi (Secret of Mana) vs Andre (Shadow Hearts: Covenant)- More kneejerk respect.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 09:36:34 PM »
Godlike

Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Empyrea (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King): Yeah Reicher is more durable (factoring in defence) and more damaging over a fight of any significant length. Empyrea goes first but that's about it.
Jezuit (Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter) vs Airy (Bravely Default): If Jezuit uses Shadowalk I would probably takes Zeta Flare at its unfocused value... though arguably Acedia gets rid of it too. Probably Airy's fight though. If Jezuit's Shadowalk were free instead of taking a turn he might be able to win the slugfest.

Heavy

Amon (Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals) vs Mei-ling (SaGa Frontier): Amon can 2HKO with three different damage types and their speed is similar. Mei-ling might well take this if her healing were full, but it isn't. She can't get off more than one attack that I can see at any time, and that's not enough.
Lyndis (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) vs Jowy Atreides (Suikoden II): I' not convinced he's fast enough to stop Lyn doubling, but it doesn't matter. He OHKOs and goes first. Lyn's evade means that she may dodge the first, but she needs to dodge both.

Middle

Karsh (Chrono Cross) vs Izlude Tingel (Final Fantasy Tactics): Faster, probably counters, 3HKOs? Sounds right.
Chrom (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Lilly Pendragon (Suikoden III): Better.

Light

Irvine Kinneas (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Tia (Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals): Irvine's reign of terror ends here.
Randi (Secret of Mana) vs Andre (Shadow Hearts: Covenant): I'm really not sure who wins the slugfest at base (3HKO-off, not sure who goes first?) but I'm willing to hype Fake Ring tilting this.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2017, 10:46:15 PM »
Heavy

Amon (Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals) vs Mei-ling (SaGa Frontier) - welp
Lyndis (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) vs Jowy Atreides (Suikoden II) - goes first, not onerounded, Hungry Friend probably will hit one time out of two.

Middle

Karsh (Chrono Cross) vs Izlude Tingel (Final Fantasy Tactics) - sure
Chrom (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Lilly Pendragon (Suikoden III) - sure

Light

Randi (Secret of Mana) vs Andre (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) - uh how much do i respect fake ring and how much do i really care about figuring this out considering both lose to tia to me.  Abstain for now.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 05:52:01 AM »
Lyn (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) vs Jowy Atreides (Suikoden II)

Middle

This isn't THAT cut-and-dry, Lilly has a pretty excellent block/parry/repel rate IIRC, but...  yeah, FE characters in a slugfest where the other side walks into their counters.

Light

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2017, 07:16:22 AM »
Godlike

Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Empyrea (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King)

Heavy

Light

...into the nightfall.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2017, 04:00:49 PM »
Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Empyrea (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King) - Yeah, Reicher's slugging is a wee bit above what Empyrea can handle, even if he hits the wrong defense.

Amon (Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals) vs Mei-ling (SaGa Frontier) - Mei-ling would have to 2HKO Amon in order to really stand a chance or to have full healing. She has neither.
Lyndis (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) vs Jowy Atreides (Suikoden II) - I know you.

Karsh (Chrono Cross) vs Izlude Tingel (Final Fantasy Tactics) - I... guess? Izlude -does- need to counter to win, but I think that he can manage.
Chrom (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Lilly Pendragon (Suikoden III) - Yeah, not -that- clear-cut, but clear-cut enough. Healing + counters do make a big difference here.

Irvine Kinneas (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Tia (Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals) - Uh yeah, Irvine gets to terrorize Light no more.
Randi (Secret of Mana) vs Andre (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) - Iunno and I don't think it matters, both lose to Tia anyway.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2017, 06:43:41 PM »
Godlike

Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Empyrea (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King) - He definately hits the wrong defense but it also doesn't matter because so does she and he has more of the offense in question.

Heavy

Amon (Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals) vs Mei-ling (SaGa Frontier) - Hmm, yeah he probably just outpaces the healing as noted, and her offense/tricks aren't going to win fast enough.
Lyndis (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) vs Jowy Atreides (Suikoden II) - Hungry Friend OHKOs here so that's that.

Middle

Karsh (Chrono Cross) vs Izlude Tingel (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Izlude's thick enough to win this with counter.
Chrom (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Lilly Pendragon (Suikoden III) - Same strat, heal on his turns and win on counters.

Light

Irvine Kinneas (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Tia (Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals) - sure
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2017, 01:36:12 PM »
Godlike
Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Empyrea (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King) - Kneejerking Super.

Middle
Karsh (Chrono Cross) vs Izlude Tingel (Final Fantasy Tactics) - I don't see why Izlude won't counter at least once, which is all he really needs.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 07:21:32 PM by Tide »
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2017, 04:52:01 PM »
Godlike

Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Empyrea (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King) - Yep
Jezuit (Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter) vs Airy (Bravely Default) - Huh...nice fight here.  But, as mentioned earlier, this is Jezuit's win here.  I don't think BoFDQ had true MT, but I believe large AoE didn't break Shadowwalk, so...that's enough for me.  Interesting to see how I view timed cards vs. that, since traps in-game work well.

Heavy

Amon (Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals) vs Mei-ling (SaGa Frontier) - Mmmm...L3 Amon vs. boss Mei-ling.  Probably err on Amon?  Very close fight here, but Galactic Lancer kills the defenses of MasterRing, so...
Lyndis (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) vs Jowy Atreides (Suikoden II) - Temp Jowy, think Sol Katti is enough here. 

Middle

Karsh (Chrono Cross) vs Izlude Tingel (Final Fantasy Tactics) - I...suppose? 
Chrom (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Lilly Pendragon (Suikoden III) - Runes!

Light

Irvine Kinneas (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Tia (Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals) - Magic!
Randi (Secret of Mana) vs Andre (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) - BIG PUSSY
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2017, 12:37:44 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Amon (Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals) vs Mei-ling (SaGa Frontier)

Middle

Light

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2017, 12:07:41 AM »
Godlike

Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)- iiiiiiii vs Empyrea (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King)
Jezuit (Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter)- i vs Airy (Bravely Default)- iiii

Heavy

Amon (Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals)- iiiiiii vs Mei-ling (SaGa Frontier)
Lyndis (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword)- i vs Jowy Atreides (Suikoden II)- iiiiiiii

Middle

Karsh (Chrono Cross) vs Izlude Tingel (Final Fantasy Tactics)- iiiiiiiii
Chrom (Fire Emblem: Awakening)- iiiiii vs Lilly Pendragon (Suikoden III)- i

Light

Irvine Kinneas (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Tia (Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals)- iiiiiiiii
Randi (Secret of Mana)- i vs Andre (Shadow Hearts: Covenant)- iiiii
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.