Author Topic: More characters?  (Read 2749 times)

PKNintendo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
More characters?
« on: August 18, 2009, 06:08:47 PM »
I've noticed that FE section is incredibly small.
(No write up for Zelgius/Black Knight!  :-\)

And I was wondering if would could add other games in as well.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
Re: More characters?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 06:49:37 PM »
Zelgius is a planned addition when we rank FE10 (because he was optional in FE9, people weren't comfortable ranking him then). However, the DL in general has been slow to pick up next-gen systems, so there are probably a few months to wait on FE10, still.

As for adding games in general, every 3 seasons, we rank up to two new games. Keep your eyes peeled for the ranking topics that appeal in the RPGDL Discussion forum (though they'll also be announced on the site's main page). If a game fits into the RPGDL well, and at least half of the writing staff has played the game, it has a decent chance to be ranked. Be sure to make your voice heard come ranking time, as it helps us choose what to rank. Suggest the games you'd like to see ranked when the question comes up in the DL arena (around ranking time), and participate/vote in the board topics concerning ranking. The DL is a democracy, so every voice counts. :)

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

PKNintendo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 07:21:47 PM »
Ok gotcha.

PS: Is Mother 3 eligible? 

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 08:12:17 PM »
Generally speaking, you can try to push anything come ranking time. There is some precedent for a no US release game (SD3), but it isn't really a particularly popular option and I'm pretty sure there are a couple DLers are relatively against them in general (myself leaning towards included)? But it never hurts to try. Just be polite about it. ^_^

PKNintendo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 08:52:27 PM »
Totally gotcha. But Mother 3 is was pretty much released state side, with patches and all.
http://mother3.fobby.net/

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 08:55:09 PM »
That is not an official release.  It is still a Japan only game.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 09:04:51 PM »
Also, responding to your questions in stat topics here, since I don't like cluttering them up:

Ike is far from the only FE9-10 character who has gotten a shot in the DL. In fact, everyone we ranked except Nephenee has gotten in at least once (Tibarn twice!). Check out http://www.rpgdl.com/rankings.php?game=FE9. The game's actually had some modest success, with Titania winning a Light championship and an upgrade, and Boyd getting to the Middle finals. Still, if you want to see 'em in more often, I recommend participating in the nominations process. Which is actually going on right now on the RPGDL Discussion Board! Go there, read the rules (4-6 per division, same number in each division, no more than 3 people from 1 game, no more than 2 per game in one division, nobody from the most recent two seasons), and nom your favourites. :)

When Meeple compared Terra to Mewtwo's durability, he meant RBY Mewtwo, who has 154 Special Defence. Many people regard this as Mewtwo's best form (due to both the Special Def and Amnesia buffing offence) and continue to vote on it.

Finishing Touch is actually already noted as dealing damage; that's what the "3.25x" refers to, a 3.25x multiplier on Cloud's physical. It's moot since he's unlikely to use the limit against the Death immune, since Meteorain is typically more effective in such circumstances.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.