Register

Author Topic: A Proposed Change to Nominations  (Read 2106 times)

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
A Proposed Change to Nominations
« on: July 22, 2008, 01:09:17 AM »
One of the big things I've been noticing in the discussions on people trying to bring people to this site is that it usually boils down to this.  People want to see their favourites compete.  They want to be able to come to this site, and be able to vote on matches with characters that they remember and like and care about.  And, I think that because it's been a while, we've forgotten what it was like when we were the outsiders looking in on the RPGP, having no say in who would get in, and relishing any degree of control we could get.  Hell, that one chance we had to try and get Riou into the RPGP and the way we organised to make sure it would happen was magic.

So, I'd like to propose the following in order to do something similar.  On the week of nominations, (Week 5) we put on the board a separate and special field for the specific purpose of letting voters nominate some of their favourites (whether it will just be one, or one per division, those seem the best options) for inclusion in the next season of the DL.  Also, I would like to suggest setting aside one slot per division per season to act as the fan favourite slot, allowing a greater degree of control over something that the fans are most likely to care about.