Author Topic: Pizza power touney; Round 2  (Read 410 times)

DragonKnight Zero

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Pizza power touney; Round 2
« on: August 15, 2017, 02:43:32 AM »
The field grows thinner.

White pears are a relatively new addition to the world of pizza toppings.  Whether combining standard pears' mild flavor with tangy sauces and flavorful cheese or utilizing Asian pears for that extra crunch, they make for a novel experience.  On the other end is the versatile combo of chicken and onions.  This combo makes its way into multiple flavor variants such as BBQ and garlic and is also flexible enough to pair up with other toppings such as green peppers.  White pears looks disadvantaged here but underdogs have pulled through before.  Will it happen here?

Two winning choices here, it's going to be tough to pick only one.  Ham is a classic that combines with just about anything.  Margherita may be less amenable to tinkering but has the advantage of its origins and being more cultured.  Whichever comes out on top, it looks to be a close contest.

Mushrooms make a fun addition to both meat based pizza and veggie lovers' combos.  Certain magic practitioners also like their magic mushrooms though non-magicians best be wary of side effects.  Sausage, green pepper, and onion join together to form a trio ready to take on all challengers.  It's vital that each pulls its weight, a weakness in one can be their undoing.  United, this combo has more than a fighting chance.

Ricotta cheese and garlic, such a simple combo.  This simplicity is their strength.  I haven't had this myself but could be persuaded to sample it.  It can also combine with other toppings that don't overwhelm the simplicity.  Pineapple has been called a king among fruits.  It's a bit out of its element here yet still makes a flavorful addition to one's pizza choices.  Many who enjoy Hawaiian really enjoy it, will it be enough to take the tourney crown?

Short form -

White pears or Chicken and onions
Ham or Margherita (mozzorella, basil, and tomato)
Mushrooms (standard) or Sausage, green pepper, and onion
Ricotta cheese + garlic or Pineapple

Added flavor text for fun.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 04:41:22 AM by DragonKnight Zero »

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
Re: Pizza power touney; Round 2
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 04:52:25 PM »
White pears or Chicken and onions - Man, I really need to try white pears, but when I think of pizza, the chicken and onion flavour is the thing I associate with it
Ham or Margherita (mozzorella, basil, and tomato) - Can't beat a classic
Mushrooms (standard) or Sausage, green pepper, and onion - How about mushrooms + sausage + green pepper + onion?  If I have to choose one...probably mushrooms.  The sausage is hit or miss, but man, they're all so much better together!
Ricotta cheese + garlic or Pineapple - Pineapple is good, but ricotta + garlic is awesomeness
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 05:33:19 PM »
White pears or Chicken and onions - I remain skeptical of the former.
Ricotta cheese + garlic or Pineapple

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 07:53:41 PM »
White pears or Chicken and onions - Still wanna try them, whereas I know chicken+onions is eh.
Ham or Margherita (mozzorella, basil, and tomato) - Close.  Both are good.
Mushrooms (standard) or Sausage, green pepper, and onion - Do the Mario.
Ricotta cheese + garlic or Pineapple - Don't mess with Hawaiian.

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 08:32:57 PM »
White pears or Chicken and onions - really depends how you cook and season the chicken, but it has a high ceiling.
Ricotta cheese + garlic or Pineapple - ricotta and garlic is a good start but it needs at least another ingredient.
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

DragonKnight Zero

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2017, 02:20:14 AM »
White pears or Chicken and onions  So many ways to do this right.
Ham or Margherita (mozzorella, basil, and tomato)  A close one.  Opting for the interesting meatless option.
Mushrooms (standard) or Sausage, green pepper, and onion  Mushrooms keep showing up as an ingredient in most of my own cooking, not just pizza.  Also, if/when I run this tourney again (in a few years maybe), "both" will be a valid voting option as combining the two does seem appetizing.  As long as the sausage is of good quality anyways.
Ricotta cheese + garlic or Pineapple  If I had voted ham, three of my votes combined would make my childhood favorite combo.  So it goes.