Register

Author Topic: The Royal Canadian Rando Tourney Round 6 - Final Team Event!  (Read 608 times)

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
The Royal Canadian Rando Tourney Round 6 - Final Team Event!
« on: April 13, 2015, 07:34:56 AM »

Team Event 8: Capture the Flag

This week, we have only one event, as our eight competitors get sorted into teams for one winner takes all event.  And our final team match of the tournament is Capturing the Flag.  This classic event involves a field divided into two halves.  Each side is considered the territory of one side, and if you get tagged in it, then you have to go to jail for ten minutes, or until a team mate manages a jail break.  At the far end of the field, lies the flag.  The goal is to get to the far end, grab the flag, and get it back out again without getting caught.  And of course, no actual attacks are allowed, and doing so will get the violator kicked off the field for ten minutes (we're just gonna have Zell on the side tossing invincibility items at everyone anyways, just to be sure.)  In addition, while there will be a vacant field in the centre, there will also be a section of forest to one side and delapidated cityscape to the other for those who want to be stealthy.  The game will be going on for four hours, with each successful taking of the flag counting for a point, and whoever has the most at the end wins.  If there's a tie, then first point in overtime wins.

The first team is brimming with raw talent, though it does have an issue with two different immortals who are used to command being on it.  Zeus will back up his desire to be in charge with the raw physical attributes of a god, and general perfection at whatever he wants to do.  Of course, his traditional weakness is 'easily distracted'.  Granted, the other side won't have any attractive women on the field (barring some stellar acting by Matt Engarde), but this doesn't rule out Zeus simply deciding to leave the field, because he's never been good with rules.  Ghandi is the other immortal, and he's coming into this unable to use his two greatest strengths, taking the enemy base via application of lots of troops, or just nuking it into the ground.  He does at least have leadership ability, though it's somewhat on a larger scale than this event.  Backing them up are two excellent competitors.  Darkwing Duck, like all superheros, is physically fit, and good at catching people or otherwise getting into places he probably shouldn't.  And Michael Carpender, when he's in his fighting trim, is pretty close to human peak condition.  Though it seems unlikely he'll have divine intervention here.

Against this, we have a team that can generally be considered the underdogs.  For starters, they're having to field Wile E. Coyote.  While he will undoubtedly have some ingenious ideas on how to catch the opposing team, there is a 99.999~% chance of them backfiring horribly.  Then you have Matt Engarde, who is probably pretty fit and is certainly super competitive, but is otherwise just a normal guy.  He'll probably be able to outrun Ghandi and that's it.  Of course, if his acting chops can distract Zeus, that might be worthwile.  Then you have Bowser, fortunately, there are no bottomless pits or lakes of lava, so he probably won't be offing himself, and the guy has been getting steadily faster over time which will also help.  Of course, he's also as stealthy as an exploding clown car.  The main ace in the hole here is Roy Mustang, who's experienced at being stealthy, is skilled at non-lethal small unit tactics, and for Zeus control purposes, is an expert at alcohol and short miniskirts.  Even with all this, it's questionable if his team can manage against the raw physical skill the other team possesses.

Quick Vote Form
{Zeus, Darkwing Duck, Mohandas Ghandi, Michael Carpender} vs {Bowser, Wile E. Coyote, Roy Mustang, Matt Engarde}

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: The Royal Canadian Rando Tourney Round 6 - Final Team Event!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 03:55:18 PM »
{Zeus, Darkwing Duck, Mohandas Ghandi, Michael Carpender} vs {Bowser, Wile E. Coyote, Roy Mustang, Matt Engarde} - Kind of doubting that Roy can save the other team here.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 04:48:52 PM »
{Zeus, Darkwing Duck, Mohandas Ghandi, Michael Carpender} vs {Bowser, Wile E. Coyote, Roy Mustang, Matt Engarde} - Kind of doubting that Roy can save the other team here.

Pretty much. I feel kinda bad voting since it's pretty clear the one person I don't know on the second team is the competent one, but... yeah, the gap is too much. I don't really buy Zeus being distracted here.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Generations of suffering & all I got was a stick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 06:10:47 PM »
I am the biggest Roy Mustang fanboy and his team is not winning this.
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 06:23:26 PM »
{Zeus, Darkwing Duck, Mohandas Ghandi, Michael Carpenter} vs {Bowser, Wile E. Coyote, Roy Mustang, Matt Engarde}

Zeus would love this.  He's the "Get down and dirty" type who hangs out with mortals to show how awesome he is, and all Greek gods have a competitive streak bordering on megalomania.  If he gets bored from winning too much, he'll spice things up by blasting the opposition with invincibility-piercing lightning or something to send a message, even if it means 10 minutes in the sin bin afterward.  And Darkwing Duck & Carpenter are both solid here.

Bowser wouldn't be bad at this if he could stash the flag in one of his many many castles, but sounds like that's out, so yeah, Roy needs to solo this event pretty much.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2015, 11:04:04 PM »

;_; {Zeus, Darkwing Duck, Mohandas Ghandi, Michael Carpenter} vs {Bowser, Wile E. Coyote, Roy Mustang, Matt Engarde}

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 06:31:07 AM »

;_; {Zeus, Darkwing Duck, Mohandas Ghandi, Michael Carpenter} vs {Bowser, Wile E. Coyote, Roy Mustang, Matt Engarde}
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.