Author Topic: DL Twink League 2015, Week 3  (Read 879 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
DL Twink League 2015, Week 3
« on: May 27, 2015, 05:35:48 AM »
All duellers with a twink setup will be marked with a *.  Please refer to This post for their final loadouts.

Tiz Arrior* (Bravely Default) vs Lenna Charlotte Tycoon* (Final Fantasy V)
Gawn Brawdia (Wild ARMs 4) vs Yuna (Final Fantasy X)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: DL Twink League 2015, Week 3
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 06:52:36 AM »
This is Masamune initiative vs. Bravely Second initiative.  I might be inclined to tiebreak for true "extra turn 0" init a la FFX, but Masamune is really just a "very fast turn 1", a fast Masamune character won't doubleturn someone slightly slower on turn 1.  Works for me.
Gawn has 999 HIT?  Well then.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 01:51:30 PM »

Tiz Arrior* (Bravely Default) vs Lenna Charlotte Tycoon* (Final Fantasy V) - I just remembered Bravely Second INTERRUPTS ENEMY TURNS. So uh yeah. Not that it -really- matters, because...
Gawn Brawdia (Wild ARMs 4) vs Yuna (Final Fantasy X) - Gawn has perfect accuracy, yeah. And is about to ride a monowheel to a championship.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 05:12:41 PM »

how utterly uninteresting

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 06:10:54 AM »
A Vote for the Voting Gods!

I generally wouldn't allow Bravely Second due to needing real time to charge it up. Does Tiz definitely get it in this match up or is it up to interp?

Gawn over Yuna, at least.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 06:31:59 AM »
Tiz having access to Bravely Second is part of his Twink setup, yeah.  I think most people don't normally allow it, either because of the reason you listed or because it's a party mechanic rather than a PC one.

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 01:35:21 PM »
Tiz > Lenna. Bravely Second is mean.

I wonder about Gawn. I think speed averages should be a bit higher due to using Thief badges for Yulie/Arnaud. Seems like a big speed improvement to sacrifice damage off physicals they don't use because their roles dictate otherwise ..

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2015, 04:11:33 PM »
The only Thief Badges in the game to are (a) from a a chest which requires the Detector [aftergame], or (b) steals. Not really interested in holding those against bosses, myself; note that the Fighter Badge (-Spd) is in a normal chest and actually sees use on the speedrun, etc., for all that I didn't factor that in either. Nor the Tiny Flower , which I certainly wouldn't consider that the averages. Also, the numbers already include Silver Sun badges... at minimum on Yulie; it's been too long for me to remember what other accessories I had there, since they were just numbers drawn from a normal playthrough.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2015, 04:49:20 PM »
I thought I had some thief badges so I figured there was a regular chest or something. Maybe it is a drop? Or I was confusing myself with WA5? No matter then.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 05:08:25 PM by Pyro »

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2015, 05:12:17 PM »
Oh, good call, didn't think to check that. Thief Badges appear to be drops on Blue Amity Beach and Fallen Bridge. The exact mechanics of drop rates aren't known, but in order to have a chance to get one you have to have your PCs in exactly 2 or 3 hexes (Beach) or all in 1 hex (Bridge) and then it's one of 6-7 items that you can get, 60% of the time. And then the item has to appear in your hex, which seems to happen more often than it "should" in my experience but no idea how much, and also we don't know the relative rate of items or how much the Item Scope and Lucky Bird help if you use those.

Still, even making some generous assumptions, if a player doesn't know how to get the Thief Badge (i.e. has the PCs finish in a random number of hexes) you're probably looking at a 3-5% chance at best of getting it on the beach, and lower on the bridge, per fight. That's in the range that I'm not opposed to the player hunting for a DL legal item this way (i.e. the Princess Saber has this rate on Fallen Bridge, and I'm okay with allowing that, although full disclosure that I lucked into it on my first playthrough and that probably colours my opinion) but too low for me to consider it against bosses.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2015, 06:45:20 PM »
I'm confusing things with WA5, where it was found in a chest.

Guess there is no getting around Gawn being faster than Yuna and OHKOing.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2015, 11:53:36 PM »
Part of the thing is that you'd need at least two Thief Badges to have any sort of notable effect on the averages, since it's only a 25 boost. Even with WA4's quadratic formula, only one Thief Badge would net a 6.25 boost to the averages overall, not sure if that'd amount even to making Gawn below 130% average speed. And the effect isn't necessarily desirable for half the party, since it also subtracts that much from the user's Attack score.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2015, 12:24:46 AM »
The only Thief Badge that is in a chest requires the Radar tool at Illsveil Prison. You then backtrack back to Cerulean Tunnel and use it in the second to last room to reveal a bridge and use a Duplicator. Thief Badges can also be attained from either rare stealing it from Thief Gobs or as drops (I forget the rank). If you see the level average as higher than that posted in the stat topic it can also impact the average versus Gawn. I don't remember how judicious NEB was with Lucky Cards/avoiding regular encounters.
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2015, 05:04:51 AM »
Given the current sweeps, and to get back on schedule, I'll call this week.  Finals forthcoming.