Author Topic: Music Tournament of DOOM 2017- Round 1, Topic 3  (Read 1238 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Re: Music Tournament of DOOM 2017- Round 1, Topic 3
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 09:47:35 PM »
Dragon Quest III- Adventure vs Mega Man 2- Wily Stage 1+2 - Mega Man has always really worked the 8-bit sound better than most of its contemporaries, or at least that's how I think of it.  But that could just be because Wily 1+2 is just that damn good.
Castlevania: Harmony of Despair- Ryukotsuki vs Splatoon- Calamari Inkantation - Ryukotsuki is a pretty stock guitar shredder, although that's always a fun thing.  Inkantation... okay, it's one of those techno-mage deals, meant to sound like chanting spells.  I usually find those more fun for the goofy lyrics than anything?  Sure, 'boring' option.
Kidou Senshi Gundam F-91- Act 12 vs Bastion- The Mancer’s Theme - ... huh.  Somehow these two tracks feel like similar songs at very different tempos and moods?  Maybe I'm just feeling weird.  Hrm.  Honestly I think Bastion's is better but... damn I'm loving the SRW vibe on the Gundam track.
Wild ARMs XF- Intrude Upon Happiness, Plunder the Future vs Pokémon Sun/Moon- Guardian Deities Battle - Guardian Deities has a cool buildup, but considering you're likely to drag the battle on to capture you tend to be stuck in the boring part.  I remember not liking it at all from the game, but it's alright in isolation.  But it's not better than Weisheit theme.

Vanguard Bandits- Dingdingding vs Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies- Megalith ~Agnus Dei~ - Well that's not what I figured dingdingding would be.  The latin subtitle did not disappoint in alluding to "we kept pressing the epic button until it exploded".  I dunno, dingdingding is clearly a devocaled vocal, which can sometimes work (see also that time I mentioned SRW vibes) but this one is just a bit too subdued to pull it off.
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean- Survival From the Force vs Bloodborne- Gehrman, the First Hunter - ... oh, it's Sakuraba Setting 301, the terrible Star Ocean dungeon theme.  Is Gehrman complete balls... ah, nope, gothic horror sadness theme.  Good enough.
Lunar Silver Star Story Complete- Go Go Go vs Tales of Xillia 2- If It’s For You ~Song 4 u~ - huh.  So, Sakuraba arrangement of the main vocal equals... something kinda Grandia-ish actually.  Could go either way here, but Go Go Go has a clarity to it I'm liking at the moment.
Final Fantasy VII- Anxious Heart vs Kingdom Hearts- It Began with a Letter - Distant worry and wistfulness is not KH's strong suit as an OST.  Depression IS FFVII's strong suit just in general.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 10:55:36 PM »
Dragon Quest III- Adventure vs Mega Man 2- Wily Stage 1+2
The DQ3 music is fine for NES music, but it's up against The Best NES music Ever Indisputably.
Castlevania: Harmony of Despair- Ryukotsuki vs Splatoon- Calamari Inkantation
For extra context, imagine Super & me dying repeatedly while Eph tries to solo the fight during the 0.75 seconds Ryukotsuki is vulnerable every 30 seconds or so.

Kidou Senshi Gundam F-91- Act 12 vs Bastion- The Mancer’s Dilemma
Pretty easy.
Wild ARMs XF- Intrude Upon Happiness, Plunder the Future vs Pokémon Sun/Moon- Guardian Deities Battle
I actively dislike the Pokemon theme.  Not the way I'd have gone for Hawaiian-ish music.

Vanguard Bandits- Dingdingding vs Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies- Megalith ~Agnus Dei~
The realm of Fudo noms, I see.  Megalith is...  TOO over-the-top epic IMO, but Dingdingding is nothing special. 
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean- Survival From the Force vs Bloodborne- Gehrman, the First Hunter
Survival from the Force is great, it's "classic" Sakuraba but one of the best at doing that Sakuraba thing.  That said, Gehrman is pretty unusual for boss music and quite effective at it, so sure.
Lunar Silver Star Story Complete- Go Go Go vs Tales of Xillia 2- If It’s For You ~Song 4 u~
The ToX2 track is pretty cool, and I like the main theme it has, but it feels like it's a lead-up to something, or some change-up, and it kinda doesn't go anywhere.  Just repeats itself.  Which is fine, it's still good, but the Ghaleon battle music is also quite good, so.
Final Fantasy VII- Anxious Heart vs Kingdom Hearts- It Began with a Letter
Letter seems like it'd be fine in context, at least, but a little TOO laid-back otherwise.

Technetium43

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 11:08:31 PM »
Dragon Quest III- Adventure vs Mega Man 2- Wily Stage 1+2: I admit, I'm just slightly more a fan of DQ music than Mega Man. MM2 Wily is a classic for a reason, but I don't actually like it that much without an updated soundfont/tracking method.
Castlevania: Harmony of Despair- Ryukotsuki vs Splatoon- Calamari Inkantation: No context for the Castlevania song, but it's pretty cool at least on its own. However the Splatoon song comes at a fight that was surprisingly interesting given how little I would expect from the story mode of what's largely a competitive shooter. And it's catchy.
Kidou Senshi Gundam F-91- Act 12 vs Bastion- The Mancer’s Theme: Oh hello there basic Logic loops. Still, I freaking love Bastion's music, and the switch to triplets caught me off guard in a good way. Didn't really get anything from the other song.
Wild ARMs XF- Intrude Upon Happiness, Plunder the Future vs Pokémon Sun/Moon- Guardian Deities Battle: Guardian Deity Battle wins solely based on strength of opening, and dissonance in a way that I particularly like. The Wild ARMs song is okay, but not all that memorable to me.

Vanguard Bandits- Dingdingding vs Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies- Megalith ~Agnus Dei~: I am easily won over by unreasonable levels of epic.
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean- Survival From the Force vs Bloodborne- Gehrman, the First Hunter: Talk about mood swings. Still, I like the composition of the Bloodborne song.
Lunar Silver Star Story Complete- Go Go Go vs Tales of Xillia 2- If It’s For You ~Song 4 u~: Not much to say on this one.
Final Fantasy VII- Anxious Heart vs Kingdom Hearts- It Began with a Letter: Just going with the one I like more compositionally speaking. Anxious Heart isn't bad, but extremely rote and predictable.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2017, 11:25:09 PM »
Dragon Quest III- Adventure vs Mega Man 2- Wily Stage 1+2 - Songs I remembered well enough without having to open the links before voting! And not even because it's my noms! Anyway, easy match here.
Castlevania: Harmony of Despair- Ryukotsuki vs Splatoon- Calamari Inkantation - Not too impressed by the splatoon song aside from the punderful name. The HoD song comes in rocking and doesn't overstay it's welcome.
Kidou Senshi Gundam F-91- Act 12 vs Bastion- The Mancer’s Theme - Eh, kinda whatever to both.
Wild ARMs XF- Intrude Upon Happiness, Plunder the Future vs Pokémon Sun/Moon- Guardian Deities Battle  - Both good. Kinda wish they were fighting the above songs instead of eachother, but alas.

Vanguard Bandits- Dingdingding vs Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies- Megalith ~Agnus Dei~ - Hmm. This one is rough. The AC song is probably the better song? But I was ready for it to be over about 3 minutes in, and it wasn't even halfway there. I try to listen to the full song of anything that isn't an extended version(why are so many of the links extended versions?). Gonna give it to dingdingding because it's also good and doesn't have that downside.
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean- Survival From the Force vs Bloodborne- Gehrman, the First Hunter - Neither one is really my style, but the BB song has more to it.
Lunar Silver Star Story Complete- Go Go Go vs Tales of Xillia 2- If It’s For You ~Song 4 u~ - Just voting the one I found myself headbopping along with more.
Final Fantasy VII- Anxious Heart vs Kingdom Hearts- It Began with a Letter - So this is Depression vs Wistfulness? Yeah, not in the mood for that rn.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2017, 01:40:12 AM »
Dragon Quest III- Adventure vs Mega Man 2- Wily Stage 1+2 - I Wanna Be the Guy Music wins easily here - DQ music I generally find unimpressive until 8
Castlevania: Harmony of Despair- Ryukotsuki vs Splatoon- Calamari Inkantation - Castlevania song doesn't do much for me...the Splatoon song is...really weird, but in a good way!
Kidou Senshi Gundam F-91- Act 12 vs Bastion- The Mancer’s Theme - Much closer than I expected, honestly
Wild ARMs XF- Intrude Upon Happiness, Plunder the Future vs Pokémon Sun/Moon- Guardian Deities Battle - Pokemon song is too cacophony-ish

Vanguard Bandits- Dingdingding vs Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies- Megalith ~Agnus Dei~ - ...well, the Vanguard Bandits song brings back memories.  But...man, even though epic Latin chanting has gotten a bit overdone at times, I like it.  Now, I need to imagine a Sopwith Camel fighting to that music...god that's awesome
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean- Survival From the Force vs Bloodborne- Gehrman, the First Hunter - Really was thinking of doing Violent Storm or something else, but this is probably my favourite dungeon theme.  Damn fitting, although that context is lost a bit here.  The build up to the melody at the 1 minute mark is awesome, and then it kicks in to high gear. 
Lunar Silver Star Story Complete- Go Go Go vs Tales of Xillia 2- If It’s For You ~Song 4 u~ - ...oh, wow.  This may actually be the best match so far of the tournament.  They are both good.  Quite good.  Argh.  Ok, both are tied...damn.  I'll go with nostalgia, but either one is good to continue on!
Final Fantasy VII- Anxious Heart vs Kingdom Hearts- It Began with a Letter - Just...feels more opening-ey
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2017, 04:01:11 AM »
Dragon Quest III- Adventure vs Mega Man 2- Wily Stage 1+2 - Yep.
Castlevania: Harmony of Despair- Ryukotsuki vs Splatoon- Calamari Inkantation - Castlevania rockin' out vs. a kind of track I don't really like.
Kidou Senshi Gundam F-91- Act 12 vs Bastion- The Mancer’s Theme - Quality background noise if nothing else.
Wild ARMs XF- Intrude Upon Happiness, Plunder the Future vs Pokémon Sun/Moon- Guardian Deities Battle - I like Gen7 for a number of reasons but its soundtrack is not one of them.

Vanguard Bandits- Dingdingding vs Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies- Megalith ~Agnus Dei~ - I like Vanguard Bandits for a number of reasons but its soundtrack is not one of them.
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean- Survival From the Force vs Bloodborne- Gehrman, the First Hunter - Doesn't make my ears bleed.
Lunar Silver Star Story Complete- Go Go Go vs Tales of Xillia 2- If It’s For You ~Song 4 u~ - Better at existing.
Final Fantasy VII- Anxious Heart vs Kingdom Hearts- It Began with a Letter - KH song doesn't even seem to want to load for me

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2017, 10:37:47 AM »
Kidou Senshi Gundam F-91- Act 12 vs Bastion- The Mancer’s Theme
Wild ARMs XF- Intrude Upon Happiness, Plunder the Future vs Pokémon Sun/Moon- Guardian Deities Battle

Vanguard Bandits- Dingdingding vs Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies- Megalith ~Agnus Dei~
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean- Survival From the Force vs Bloodborne- Gehrman, the First Hunter
Lunar Silver Star Story Complete- Go Go Go vs Tales of Xillia 2- If It’s For You ~Song 4 u~

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2017, 10:59:13 AM »

Vanguard Bandits- Dingdingding vs Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies- Megalith ~Agnus Dei~: *fist shaking intensifies*

Dunefar

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Wuffy-wuff-wuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2017, 05:52:31 PM »
Dragon Quest III- Adventure vs Mega Man 2- Wily Stage 1+2 - Terrible draw for Adventure. Also dang it, I should have nominated the shrine music from DQ3 SNES. Completely forgot, too bad.
Castlevania: Harmony of Despair- Ryukotsuki vs Splatoon- Calamari Inkantation - Calamari's doing a few too many things.
Kidou Senshi Gundam F-91- Act 12 vs Bastion- The Mancer’s Theme - Mancer's Theme does nothing for me. Other track's okay so it gets the win.
Wild ARMs XF- Intrude Upon Happiness, Plunder the Future vs Pokémon Sun/Moon- Guardian Deities Battle - Don't really like either of them.

Vanguard Bandits- Dingdingding vs Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies- Megalith ~Agnus Dei~ = Both are mid-range for me but Megalith just steals it.
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean- Survival From the Force vs Bloodborne- Gehrman, the First Hunter - Not a tough one.
Lunar Silver Star Story Complete- Go Go Go vs Tales of Xillia 2- If It’s For You ~Song 4 u~ - If It's For You was surprisingly good. I like Go Go Go so this was an upset for me.
Final Fantasy VII- Anxious Heart vs Kingdom Hearts- It Began with a Letter - No contest, Anxious Heart is excellent.
* Infinite_Ko_Loop is now known as Ko-CidisnotaPrincess
<Nephrite> That is depressing.
<CmdrKing> I know.  Cid would makea  great princess.

DragonKnight Zero

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2017, 07:00:12 PM »
Dragon Quest III- Adventure vs Mega Man 2- Wily Stage 1+2  The track from MM2 I really like up against another 8-bit song?  One-sided stomp for me; there are very few NES pieces that I would consider contenders.  I did listen to the other piece to try to pretend to be fair but, different classes of good here.
Castlevania: Harmony of Despair- Ryukotsuki vs Splatoon- Calamari Inkantation  CV pick  came off to me like a dog chasing its own tail in circles.  Or a Hellhound chasing its tail in circles, in this case.  Ohter track is weird and offbeat, but it does something which is enough for my vote here.
Kidou Senshi Gundam F-91- Act 12 vs Bastion- The Mancer’s Theme  Prefer the pacing here.
Wild ARMs XF- Intrude Upon Happiness, Plunder the Future vs Pokémon Sun/Moon- Guardian Deities Battle  The tone appeals to me more here.

Vanguard Bandits- Dingdingding vs Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies- Megalith ~Agnus Dei~  Both fall into the OK range for me.  Not likely to listen to either again but neither pushed trigger buttons either.  Megalith reminds me of Darius Gaiden and Einhander for some reason.  Working Designs favoritism is my tiebreak factor here; it wouldn't be a consideration otherwise.
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean- Survival From the Force vs Bloodborne- Gehrman, the First Hunter  On one side, decent background music.  On the other: oh wow, this is moody.  Works as a standalone, could trick me into thinking it wasn't from a game if I heard it in the wild with no context.
Lunar Silver Star Story Complete- Go Go Go vs Tales of Xillia 2- If It’s For You ~Song 4 u~  Echoing Dunefar.  Now add nom bias to the mix.  Both are final boss themes too so the comparison is more direct.  Really close for me. I have access to Lunar PSX and a console to play it on so I loaded it up and went to the sound test.  In such a tight contest, this was enough to decide it for me (the link in the topic goes to an expanded version of what plays in-game).

Aftermath: I looked up a Xillia 2 LP for context.  Had I actually played the game and had the context, I probably would have voted the other way.  I like "If it's For You" more as a standalone piece though.  That's just how the ball bounces, eh Ghaleon.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 10:54:22 PM by DragonKnight Zero »

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2017, 07:42:13 PM »

Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

LordDirtyBrit

• The British Whiner
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Twitter account
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2017, 01:35:00 AM »
Dragon Quest III- Adventure vs Mega Man 2- Wily Stage 1+2 - Generic overworld music against one of the most popular video game songs. Pretty easy win here.
Castlevania: Harmony of Despair- Ryukotsuki vs Splatoon- Calamari Inkantation - Not too big on either, but the off the wall lyrics/chanting will make me remember the latter more.
Kidou Senshi Gundam F-91- Act 12 vs Bastion- The Mancer’s Dilemma - I liked the build up for the non-piano instruments to enter in the latter. Act 12 just felt rather generic to me.
Wild ARMs XF- Intrude Upon Happiness, Plunder the Future vs Pokémon Sun/Moon- Guardian Deities Battle - Both had their pros and cons for me. The melody for the Wild ARMs XF song sounds better, but the instrumentation in Guardian Deities Battle will allow me to remember it more. I suppose I'll go with the song from the game I have actually played.

Vanguard Bandits- Dingdingding vs Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies- Megalith ~Agnus Dei~ The opening choir was pretty effective for Megalith. Dingdingding didn't sound too shabby though.
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean- Survival From the Force vs Bloodborne- Gehrman, the First Hunter - The composition for Gehrman sounded better for me, though I have a feeling that it is a song that works better when it is played in-game.
Lunar Silver Star Story Complete- Go Go Go vs Tales of Xillia 2- If It’s For You ~Song 4 u~ - I felt that the melody of the former got going faster, though the later sections of If It's For You are solid.
Final Fantasy VII- Anxious Heart vs Kingdom Hearts- It Began with a Letter - Anxious Heart fits pretty much all the scenes it played in. I was expecting a little more from Shimomura with It Began with a Letter.

MasterLemon

• N. Sane
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Discord where me and my brother whine about movies!
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2017, 04:30:39 PM »
Dragon Quest III- Adventure vs Mega Man 2- Wily Stage 1+2 : Adventure sounds as stock of an overworld theme as you can get. Wily Stage 1+2 is a song which, in my opinion, deserves every bit of hype it gets. It's that good.
Castlevania: Harmony of Despair- Ryukotsuki vs Splatoon- Calamari Inkantation : I've got to admire the odd take they went with Inkantation.
Kidou Senshi Gundam F-91- Act 12 vs Bastion- The Mancer’s Dilemma : I like the piano piece in The Mancer's Dilemma.
Wild ARMs XF- Intrude Upon Happiness, Plunder the Future vs Pokémon Sun/Moon- Guardian Deities Battle: I like the Guardian Deity battle theme, even though I'm giving the point to the piece which is stronger both in terms of melody and instrumentation.

Vanguard Bandits- Dingdingding vs Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies- Megalith ~Agnus Dei~ : The Latin opening gives Agnus Dei the edge. It sounds like a very majestic piece.
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean- Survival From the Force vs Bloodborne- Gehrman, the First Hunter : Gehrman sounds like it has more going for it. Survival From the Force sounds like Sakuraba music by the numbers; meaning it's just going to be very peppy.
Lunar Silver Star Story Complete- Go Go Go vs Tales of Xillia 2- If It’s For You ~Song 4 u~: Neither did anything for me. Although I found my toes tapping to If It's For You for a bit.
Final Fantasy VII- Anxious Heart vs Kingdom Hearts- It Began with a Letter: Anxious Heart played in some memorable scenes from FF7. I wasn't fond of the instrumentation of It Began with a Letter; it sounded like it was trying too hard to be both cute and sad. 

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2017, 08:44:06 PM »
Dragon Quest III- Adventure vs Mega Man 2- Wily Stage 1+2- Throwing a vote for the underdog, both are excellent.
Castlevania: Harmony of Despair- Ryukotsuki vs Splatoon- Calamari Inkantation- One of my favorite tracks ever vs eh. No contest.
Kidou Senshi Gundam F-91- Act 12 vs Bastion- The Mancer’s Dilemma- Bastion track is kind of underwhelming.

Vanguard Bandits- Dingdingding vs Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies- Megalith ~Agnus Dei~- This be some epic music, yeah.
Final Fantasy VII- Anxious Heart vs Kingdom Hearts- It Began with a Letter- Utter slaughter.
Internet acting up, will finish rest later.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 10:22:43 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2017, 01:00:57 AM »
Dragon Quest III- Adventure vs Mega Man 2- Wily Stage 1+2: It's some good chiptunage either way, though.
Castlevania: Harmony of Despair- Ryukotsuki vs Splatoon- Calamari Inkantation: Could maybe stand to be longer before looping, but still much more my style.
Kidou Senshi Gundam F-91- Act 12 vs Bastion- The Mancer’s Dilemma: Neat little artifact.
Wild ARMs XF- Intrude Upon Happiness, Plunder the Future vs Pokémon Sun/Moon- Guardian Deities Battle: Should be Charlton here if we're nomming XF, but still pretty easy.

Vanguard Bandits- Dingdingding vs Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies- Megalith ~Agnus Dei~: Pretty easy. Not super memorable, but leaves a basically good first impression, might warrant re-listen.
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean- Survival From the Force vs Bloodborne- Gehrman, the First Hunter: --> Surrender your life.
Lunar Silver Star Story Complete- Go Go Go vs Tales of Xillia 2- If It’s For You ~Song 4 u~: Iwadare rarely works for me, so this is pretty easy.
Final Fantasy VII- Anxious Heart vs Kingdom Hearts- It Began with a Letter: In a contest of (presumably) scene-setting mood music, I'm going with what I know. Unsure whether Anxious Heart would stand out to me without context, but it's very effective with it.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2017, 11:56:23 PM »
Calamari Inkantation was a pleasant surprise.
Kidou Senshi Gundam F-91- Act 12 vs Bastion- The Mancer’s Dilemma

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2017, 05:20:06 AM »
Dragon Quest III- Adventure  vs  Mega Man 2- Wily Stage 1+2
 Castlevania: Harmony of Despair- Ryukotsuki  vs  Splatoon- Calamari Inkantation 
 Kidou Senshi Gundam F-91- Act 12  vs  Bastion- The Mancer’s Dilemma
Wild ARMs XF- Intrude Upon Happiness, Plunder the Future  vs  Pokémon Sun/Moon- Guardian Deities Battle

Vanguard Bandits- Dingdingding  vs  Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies- Megalith ~Agnus Dei~ - Was not expecting Dingdingding to evolve into the kind of song it did. Subtle but interesting change. Beating out generic epic for me right now.
 Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean- Survival From the Force  vs  Bloodborne- Gehrman, the First Hunter
 Lunar Silver Star Story Complete- Go Go Go  vs  Tales of Xillia 2- If It’s For You ~Song 4 u~ - Echoing comments that the Xillia track feels like a piece of a different song that's missing stuff.
 Final Fantasy VII- Anxious Heart  vs  Kingdom Hearts- It Began with a Letter

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2017, 12:12:53 AM »
Dragon Quest III- Adventure  vs  Mega Man 2- Wily Stage 1+2
Castlevania: Harmony of Despair- Ryukotsuki  vs  Splatoon- Calamari Inkantation
Kidou Senshi Gundam F-91- Act 12  vs  Bastion- The Mancer’s Dilemma
Wild ARMs XF- Intrude Upon Happiness, Plunder the Future  vs  Pokémon Sun/Moon- Guardian Deities Battle

Vanguard Bandits- Dingdingding  vs  Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies- Megalith ~Agnus Dei~
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean- Survival From the Force  vs  Bloodborne- Gehrman, the First Hunter
Lunar Silver Star Story Complete- Go Go Go  vs  Tales of Xillia 2- If It’s For You ~Song 4 u~
Final Fantasy VII- Anxious Heart  vs  Kingdom Hearts- It Began with a Letter

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2017, 03:07:37 PM »
Dragon Quest III- Adventure- iii vs Mega Man 2- Wily Stage 1+2 - iiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Castlevania: Harmony of Despair- Ryukotsuki- iiiiiiiii vs Splatoon- Calamari Inkantation - iiiiiiiii  10,0CmdrKing rolled :2,0 1d2 --> 3,0[ 1d2=1 ]4,0{1}
Kidou Senshi Gundam F-91- Act 12- iiiiiii vs Bastion- The Mancer’s Dilemma- iiiiiiiiiii
Wild ARMs XF- Intrude Upon Happiness, Plunder the Future- iiiiiiiiiiiiiii vs Pokémon Sun/Moon- Guardian Deities Battle - iii

Vanguard Bandits- Dingdingding- iii vs Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies- Megalith ~Agnus Dei~ - iiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean- Survival From the Force- i vs Bloodborne- Gehrman, the First Hunter - iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Lunar Silver Star Story Complete- Go Go Go- iiiiii vs Tales of Xillia 2- If It’s For You ~Song 4 u~ - iiiiiiiiiiii
Final Fantasy VII- Anxious Heart- iiiiiiiiiii vs Kingdom Hearts- It Began with a Letter - iiii
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.