Register

Author Topic: Music Tournament of DOOM 2017- Round 1, topic 2  (Read 1442 times)

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Music Tournament of DOOM 2017- Round 1, topic 2
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 10:22:44 PM »
Mega Man 2- Metal Man vs Ys: The Oath in Felghana- The Strongest Foe - Thinking I like this one a bit better
Final Fantasy Tactics- Antipyretic vs NieR- Shadowlord - Is Shadowlord.
Super Smash Bros. Melee- Menu 2 vs Rosenkreuzstilette- Luftfest Sleipnir - No strong feelings about either, more inclined to listen to the latter though.
Within a Deep Forest- Adventures vs Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria- How Wicked Ruler - huh, rare footage of Sakuraba not being a hot mess.

Love Live School Idol Festival- Watashitachi wa Mirai no Hana vs Fire Emblem Fates- The End of All - meh.
The Legend of Zelda- Overworld vs Secret of Evermore- Hall of Collosia, Chamber 1 - Yeeeeep.
Atelier Violet- Izareya vs Legend of Legacy- Twin Dimension Battle - Not really feeling Izareya here.
Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals- For the Savior vs Golden Sun: The Lost Age- The Doom Dragon - and there's the Sakuraba autopilot.

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 10:28:54 PM »
Mega Man 2- Metal Man vs Ys: The Oath in Felghana- The Strongest Foe - Not a huge fan of either, honestly.  Ys picks up a bit into something that sounds good, so there's my vote
Final Fantasy Tactics- Antipyretic vs NieR- Shadowlord - Take a while to really get going, but is good atmospheric music at the least
Super Smash Bros. Melee- Menu 2 vs Rosenkreuzstilette- Luftfest Sleipnir - Ok, this is cool
Within a Deep Forest- Adventures vs Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria- How Wicked Ruler - Mmm...Deep Forest just doesn't do it for me.  Feels too repetitive.  Lot of depth to the VP2 music

Love Live School Idol Festival- Watashitachi wa Mirai no Hana vs Fire Emblem Fates- The End of All - Even if I didn't like the FE song, I'd vote for it over the...other one.  Ugh
The Legend of Zelda- Overworld vs Secret of Evermore- Hall of Collosia, Chamber 1 - Iconic, yo
Atelier Violet- Izareya vs Legend of Legacy- Twin Dimension Battle - Both decent, but I really do like the second half of the Legend of Legacy song
Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals- For the Savior vs Golden Sun: The Lost Age- The Doom Dragon - Same Golden Sun song as the final battle of the first game, which is a decent song, but...so much nostalgia in For the Saviour.  It's awesomeness, one of my favourite pieces of SNES music
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2017, 11:08:28 PM »
Mega Man 2- Metal Man vs Ys: The Oath in Felghana- The Strongest Foe-  Metal Blade, strongest weapon in Mega Man history... and yet, even it is blunted by a stronger force.   FALCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM  PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUNNNCCCHHHHHHHHH
Final Fantasy Tactics- Antipyretic vs NieR- Shadowlord - Um... I think?
Super Smash Bros. Melee- Menu 2 vs Rosenkreuzstilette- Luftfest Sleipnir
Within a Deep Forest- Adventures vs Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria- How Wicked Ruler - The old term BGM comes to mind, in that I think Adventures may have taken the B too literally.

Love Live School Idol Festival- Watashitachi wa Mirai no Hana vs Fire Emblem Fates- The End of All - Probably the best song from this game I've heard yet, so sure, why not.
The Legend of Zelda- Overworld vs Secret of Evermore- Hall of Collosia, Chamber 1 - I kinda love the atmosphere of this.  Stately, ancient, peaceful, but clearly with a dark secret under it?  Zelda Overworld is an all time titan, but moreso for the way it's legacy has been handed down through the years.  I'm not usually someone who favors 8 bit stylings unaltered I guess.
Atelier Violet- Izareya vs Legend of Legacy- Twin Dimension Battle - Twin Dimension Battle is pleasant enough, but Izareya is jarring in a good way.
Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals- For the Savior vs Golden Sun: The Lost Age- The Doom Dragon -  Ahh, I see Sakuraba was tapping into his Incidental Valkyrie Profile Dungeon setting for this one.  For the Savior is a bit generic, but gets across its meaning a lot better.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 01:50:01 AM »
Mega Man 2- Metal Man vs Ys: The Oath in Felghana- The Strongest Foe: Metal Man is good, but he is also critically weak to metal.
Final Fantasy Tactics- Antipyretic vs NieR- Shadowlord: Goddammit Hatbot. This is finals, not round 1.
Super Smash Bros. Melee- Menu 2 vs Rosenkreuzstilette- Luftfest Sleipnir: RKS OST > most other things.
Within a Deep Forest- Adventures vs Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria- How Wicked Ruler: Voting against own nom because Nifflas noise needs more love.

Love Live School Idol Festival- Watashitachi wa Mirai no Hana vs Fire Emblem Fates- The End of All: Pretty good at its job, and not feeling the J-pop.
The Legend of Zelda- Overworld vs Secret of Evermore- Hall of Collosia, Chamber 1: Timeless earworm. Collosia has some nice mood going for it, though. May need to relisten.
Atelier Violet- Izareya vs Legend of Legacy- Twin Dimension Battle: No strong feelings either way here, just prefer the overall sound of this one.
Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals- For the Savior vs Golden Sun: The Lost Age- The Doom Dragon: Quality old school noise.

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2017, 02:39:45 AM »
Mega Man 2- Metal Man vs Ys: The Oath in Felghana- The Strongest Foe - no I'm not just bitter about the countless attempts at inferno Galbalan haha ha

Final Fantasy Tactics- Antipyretic vs NieR- Shadowlord - yikes.  Antipyretic for my money is the best FFT track (if not in isolation then in the context of the whole soundtrack).  Even so, a brutal matchup.

Within a Deep Forest- Adventures vs Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria- How Wicked Ruler - close call. I may revisit this later.

Love Live School Idol Festival- Watashitachi wa Mirai no Hana vs Fire Emblem Fates- The End of All - The FE:F music was strong, but to me it's no contest.  I love energetic anime-opening style j-pop, and watashitachi wa mirai no hana is a prime example. (also it's my nom obv)

The Legend of Zelda- Overworld vs Secret of Evermore- Hall of Collosia, Chamber 1 Unlike MegaMan, LoZ music is not that well suited for NES sound output. It's a great theme that deserves its reputation, but it's also a theme that is improved with better sound quality.  The SoE track, on the other hand, sounds great given the limits of SNES output.

Atelier Violet- Izareya vs Legend of Legacy- Twin Dimension Battle - both of these are a nice revelation. quality stuff. think Izareya is more interesting, in the end.

Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals- For the Savior vs Golden Sun: The Lost Age- The Doom Dragon - this week has just been tough all around, and this last one's no exception.  Both of these tracks have the same strength: being very confident, energetic, and projecting seriousness.  I think the Lufia track does it just a bit better.  It's a shame because the latter is vintage Good Sakuraba.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 02:47:02 AM by NotMiki »
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2017, 02:46:13 AM »
Mega Man 2- Metal Man vs Ys: The Oath in Felghana- The Strongest Foe: Metal Man is good, but he is also critically weak to metal.

Cid you are a big dork and I love you for it
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

Dunefar

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Wuffy-wuff-wuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2017, 03:14:36 AM »
Mega Man 2- Metal Man vs Ys: The Oath in Felghana- The Strongest Foe - The Ys track just didn't do a lot for me.
Final Fantasy Tactics- Antipyretic vs NieR- Shadowlord - See what Cid said. This is just a late round quality match that drew early. Bad luck to whomever loses. To be honest, Shadowlord had a shot if it didn't take 3 minutes to pick up.
Super Smash Bros. Melee- Menu 2 vs Rosenkreuzstilette- Luftfest Sleipnir - Just like the RKS one a lot better. Considering I nommed it, that's expected.
Within a Deep Forest- Adventures vs Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria- How Wicked Ruler - VP2's track is generally better here.

Love Live School Idol Festival- Watashitachi wa Mirai no Hana vs Fire Emblem Fates- The End of All - Really don't have much to say here.
The Legend of Zelda- Overworld vs Secret of Evermore- Hall of Collosia, Chamber 1 - Don't like SoM, but that track's good.
Atelier Violet- Izareya vs Legend of Legacy- Twin Dimension Battle - Atelier Violet's track lost this more than the other one won it, but whatever.
Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals- For the Savior vs Golden Sun: The Lost Age- The Doom Dragon - No contest here, really. Other track isn't bad, though.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 03:58:23 PM by Dunefar »
* Infinite_Ko_Loop is now known as Ko-CidisnotaPrincess
<Nephrite> That is depressing.
<CmdrKing> I know.  Cid would makea  great princess.

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2017, 04:16:12 AM »
Wait, people like the later 3 minutes more than the first 2 minutes? Insanity!

Mega Man 2- Metal Man vs Ys: The Oath in Felghana- The Strongest Foe - JDK with quality.
Final Fantasy Tactics- Antipyretic vs NieR- Shadowlord - What a wretched match up from Hatbot. No one wins here, really.
Super Smash Bros. Melee- Menu 2 vs Rosenkreuzstilette- Luftfest Sleipnir- Didn't notice someone nomed RKS, whoever did it, thank you.
Within a Deep Forest- Adventures vs Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria- How Wicked Ruler - Sakuraba's not bad synth vs. some random bad synth. I might have voted other wise if the Deep Forest rack had better sound quality.

Love Live School Idol Festival- Watashitachi wa Mirai no Hana vs Fire Emblem Fates- The End of All
The Legend of Zelda- Overworld vs Secret of Evermore- Hall of Collosia, Chamber 1
Atelier Violet- Izareya vs Legend of Legacy- Twin Dimension Battle - Have to support my nom here. And this by far Hamazu's best normal battle theme since Sigma Harmonic. Tjos violin phrases are simply masterful. But death to Hatbot, why does it has to match with one of my favorite from Violet.
Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals- For the Savior vs Golden Sun: The Lost Age- The Doom Dragon - I heard Sakuraba bad synth....

DragonKnight Zero

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2017, 07:30:36 AM »
Hey, I recognize more than one song in this batch.

Mega Man 2- Metal Man vs Ys: The Oath in Felghana- The Strongest Foe  Feel it does more.  Also, I'm ambivalent about Mega Man 2's soundtrack with the exception of Wily 1.
Final Fantasy Tactics- Antipyretic vs NieR- Shadowlord  In my headspace, no contest.  The NieR track is nice enough on its own merits but it's up against one of the standout tracks in FFT.
Super Smash Bros. Melee- Menu 2 vs Rosenkreuzstilette- Luftfest Sleipnir  Hearing the Menu 2 track in game for the first time was a memorable experience for me and I definitely prefer it to the default one.  Nostalgia doesn't win this time around; even though I regard it favorably, it's not something I'd pop into my music player.  Mega Man fangame gets the cookie.
Within a Deep Forest- Adventures vs Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria- How Wicked Ruler
  Both are new to me so giving my vote to the one with the more favorable first impression.

Love Live School Idol Festival- Watashitachi wa Mirai no Hana vs Fire Emblem Fates- The End of All  Not sure what I'm intended to be voting on but, eh.  I got a Secret of Mana vibe from the Fire Emblem track straight off and I thought I heard some parts of Richter's theme in there later on so plays to my biases more.
The Legend of Zelda- Overworld vs Secret of Evermore- Hall of Collosia, Chamber 1  Zelda Overword is of course iconic to the ends of the earth.  Feel there's more substance to the SoE track here personally.  Could go either way but... I'm going to metagame a bit and pick the one that doesn't have familiarity going for it since it will make a more interesting tourney.
Atelier Violet- Izareya vs Legend of Legacy- Twin Dimension Battle  Apathy on both sides.  Coinflip decides this.
Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals- For the Savior vs Golden Sun: The Lost Age- The Doom Dragon   I've heard both ingame but couldn't recall them from memory before listening.  I had a long dragged-out fight with the Doom Dragon and have no memory of the music when I can conjure up at least parts of almost every other battle theme in the game (as a side note, Fusion Dragon boss theme is burned into a part of my subconscious thanks to a 2 hour fight with Dullahan).  The Lufia track, I was able to place right away and it's one of the more emotional parts of the game to boot.

Favorite new track; Hall of Collosia, Chamber 1  Two or three others came close though.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 04:00:10 AM by DragonKnight Zero »

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2017, 10:39:03 AM »
Mega Man 2- Metal Man vs Ys: The Oath in Felghana- The Strongest Foe
Pretty tough.  Going with the one with more interesting instrumentation.
Final Fantasy Tactics- Antipyretic vs NieR- Shadowlord
For the people who haven't played Nier (play Nier), the first "half" of the OST track is played during talky non-combat parts and the second "half" is for the combat parts.  Anyway, this match being so early is unfortunate, since these are both great, but Shadowlord is the definite winner.
The menu music is okay but not really that special.  Luftfest Sleipnir is way too noisy but it has a good melody in there.  That's enough to take this.
Within a Deep Forest- Adventures vs Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria- How Wicked Ruler
I guess.

Love Live School Idol Festival- Watashitachi wa Mirai no Hana vs Fire Emblem Fates- The End of All
This is the most difficult match yet.  Both of these are great.
The Legend of Zelda- Overworld vs Secret of Evermore- Hall of Collosia, Chamber 1
I'm not entirely sure what my opinion on the Evermore track is yet, but it seems good.
Atelier Violet- Izareya vs Legend of Legacy- Twin Dimension Battle
Izareya is great.  The way the instruments and vocals fit together is fantastic.  Twin Dimensional Battle is also quite good.  It starts off a bit slow but the buildup is so worth it.  Solid instrumentation too.
Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals- For the Savior vs Golden Sun: The Lost Age- The Doom Dragon
Not gonna lie, I've got a bit of bias towards Lufia music.

Dunefar

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Wuffy-wuff-wuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2017, 04:00:23 PM »
In case CK needs the notice, I finished my vote this morning, as promised.

Didn't notice someone nomed RKS, whoever did it, thank you.

You're welcome. My only regret is that I didn't nom more of it.
* Infinite_Ko_Loop is now known as Ko-CidisnotaPrincess
<Nephrite> That is depressing.
<CmdrKing> I know.  Cid would makea  great princess.

MasterLemon

• N. Sane
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Discord where me and my brother whine about movies!
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2017, 05:47:02 PM »
Mega Man 2- Metal Man vs Ys: The Oath in Felghana- The Strongest Foe: Both are fine, but I prefer Metal Man.
Final Fantasy Tactics- Antipyretic vs NieR- Shadowlord : I like the choir in Shadowlord, but I prefer the instrumentation of Antipyretic.
Super Smash Bros. Melee- Menu 2 vs Rosenkreuzstilette- Luftfest Sleipnir: Both are full of energy, but Luftfest Sleipnir has more going for it in my opinion.
Within a Deep Forest- Adventures vs Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria- How Wicked Ruler: The former sounds rather minimalistic, though I believe that the latter has stronger instrumentation.

Love Live School Idol Festival- Watashitachi wa Mirai no Hana vs Fire Emblem Fates- The End of All: I believe that the latter is a stronger piece. I can't say I'm big on the style of the former.
The Legend of Zelda- Overworld vs Secret of Evermore- Hall of Collosia, Chamber 1: The latter isn't bad, it just has to compete with the Zelda theme. It would definitely win if it had to compete with a more generic piece from the series like Dragon Roost Island.
Atelier Violet- Izareya vs Legend of Legacy- Twin Dimension Battle: Is it just me or does Izareya sound rather haunting? I like it for that though.
Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals- For the Savior vs Golden Sun: The Lost Age- The Doom Dragon: Curse of the Sinistrals is quite the toe-tapper, Doom Dragon feels rather generic for final boss standards.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 05:54:25 PM by MasterLemon »

LordDirtyBrit

• The British Whiner
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Twitter account
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2017, 05:51:08 PM »
Mega Man 2- Metal Man vs Ys: The Oath in Felghana- The Strongest Foe - I felt that Metal Man got going much faster. Helps how it's one of my favourites from Mega Man 2.
Final Fantasy Tactics- Antipyretic vs NieR- Shadowlord - The haunting choir won me over here.
Super Smash Bros. Melee- Menu 2 vs Rosenkreuzstilette- Luftfest Sleipnir - Although Melee is the one of the two I've actually played, I've never really had strong feelings towards Menu 2. Luftfest Sleipnir had quite a nice bit of energy to it.
Within a Deep Forest- Adventures vs Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria- How Wicked Ruler - How Wicked Ruler sounds powerful and dramatic, whereas Adventures comes off to me as dull elevator music.

Love Live School Idol Festival- Watashitachi wa Mirai no Hana vs Fire Emblem Fates- The End of All - The End of All takes some time to get going, but I prefer it over generic j-pop any day.
The Legend of Zelda- Overworld vs Secret of Evermore- Hall of Collosia, Chamber 1 - Both are pretty damn good, but the original Zelda song has definitely earnt its place as a classic for me. Even if I'm not as big on Zelda as everyone else is.
Atelier Violet- Izareya vs Legend of Legacy- Twin Dimension Battle - Felt Twin Dimension Battle got going much faster. I also felt that the instrumentation in Twin Dimension Battle sounded much stronger.
Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals- For the Savior vs Golden Sun: The Lost Age- The Doom Dragon - The melody of For the Savior sounded stronger for me. The Doom Dragon sounds like it's all over the place.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2017, 07:53:33 PM »
Metal Man is pretty catchy for a ~50-second loop, although I have to say I was always partial to Wood Man's theme for regular MM2 music.  Meanwhile practically everything in Oath's soundtrack is a personal favorite, so.
Well both are classics.  I'll go for the newer hype.  (It's also longer before it loops while keeping up amazing quality.)

Both similar songs, both very cheery.  Good although not amazing.
Wicked.  (In the West Coast sense.)

I don't think this was my nom, but for reference, End of All is the music that plays in the last battle where Azura (the mysterious songstress princess) had to use the FULL EXTENT OF HER SINGING POWERS or some such to counter a major threat (what it is varies by path).  There isn't any battle cut-in music either, whichever path you're on, that version plays on straight loop.  It's pretty effective in-game.
The Love Live song is fine, much more to my tastes than the Tokyo 7th Sisters ones last week, but it's up against tougher competition. 
The Zelda piece is *iconic*, and obviously its melody went on to do many good things in future remixes, but it's still a little tricky to vote for vs. modern stuff.

Atelier Violet- Izareya vs Legend of Legacy- Twin Dimension Battle
I like Legend of Legacy's soundtrack quite a bit, although it works best as a whole rather than any one piece.  This is a tricky one: I think I'd like to casually listen to LoL's music as nice background music out of context more, it's pleasant.  Izareya, however, is discordant and strident but daring and cool.  Less good as a random piece, but possibly better at scene-setting.  Curious what the context is (some spooky dungeon I guess?).  They're both solid at what they are, so coin flip really, I'll go for danger over pleasant.
Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals- For the Savior vs Golden Sun: The Lost Age- The Doom Dragon
Ayup.

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2017, 06:33:09 AM »
Mega Man 2- Metal Man  vs  Ys: The Oath in Felghana- The Strongest Foe - yep
Final Fantasy Tactics- Antipyretic  vs  NieR- Shadowlord - yep
Super Smash Bros. Melee- Menu 2  vs  Rosenkreuzstilette- Luftfest Sleipnir - Tossing a vote here. Sleipnir has this odd background noise caused by one of the instruments that's constantly there and it's incredibly distracting.
Within a Deep Forest- Adventures  vs  Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria- How Wicked Ruler - less about instrument quality and more arrangement

Love Live School Idol Festival- Watashitachi wa Mirai no Hana  vs  Fire Emblem Fates- The End of All - some j-pop is good! case in point...
The Legend of Zelda- Overworld  vs  Secret of Evermore- Hall of Collosia, Chamber 1
Atelier Violet- Izareya  vs  Legend of Legacy- Twin Dimension Battle
Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals- For the Savior vs  Golden Sun: The Lost Age- The Doom Dragon - meh to both. Izareya will slaughter next round anyway

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2017, 09:03:40 PM »
Mega Man 2- Metal Man vs Ys: The Oath in Felghana- The Strongest Foe - I'm feeling old school today.
Final Fantasy Tactics- Antipyretic vs NieR- Shadowlord - NieR music is good, but antipyretic is a classic for a reason.
Super Smash Bros. Melee- Menu 2 vs Rosenkreuzstilette- Luftfest Sleipnir - This got really catchy really fast. Good song.
Within a Deep Forest- Adventures vs Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria- How Wicked Ruler - This is close. I'm going to tiebreak just for the fact that it's a little annoying to have to turn the volume up so high just to hear the WaDF song.

Love Live School Idol Festival- Watashitachi wa Mirai no Hana vs Fire Emblem Fates- The End of All - The fact that I actually wanted to let the FE song go the full 25 minutes of the video instead of moving on once I'd made my choice says everything that needs to be said here.
The Legend of Zelda- Overworld vs Secret of Evermore- Hall of Collosia, Chamber 1 - Oh geez, Hall ran into a powerhouse here. Gonna vote for Hall anyway, but I won't be upset if it loses here since Zelda overworld is also a classic for a reason.
Atelier Violet- Izareya vs Legend of Legacy- Twin Dimension Battle - Was dissonant and grating at first, but kicked into something good. Either way it was attention grabbing the whole way. Twin Dimension Battle...the video managed to move on to the next song without me noticing. <_<;
Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals- For the Savior vs Golden Sun: The Lost Age- The Doom Dragon - Weakest match overall in the set, I think.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Technetium43

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2017, 09:10:32 PM »
Mega Man 2 - Metal Man vs Ys: The Oath in Felghana - The Strongest Foe: The Ys song is quite good, but despite it not exactly being my sort of game, the MM2 soundtrack is both more jammin' and more iconic. Still close.
Final Fantasy Tactics - Antipyretic vs NieR - Shadowlord: Eurgh. Why Hatbot, why? Antipyretic is my nom, and my favorite song from one of my favorite games.... but Shadowlord is my favorite NieR nom by an order of magnitudes. It would probably win against anything else that's come up so far. However, I have to give it to the one I know and love, and have spent many many many many hours listening to.
Super Smash Bros. Melee - Menu 2 vs Rosenkreuzstilette - Luftfest Sleipnir: Speaking of songs I've spent many hours listening to, this one isn't even close for me. Despite actually being my least favorite of the Melee menu themes (despite the bangin' slap bass), Menu 2 has both nostalgia and composition going for it, while the RKS song sounds just... painful to me.
Within a Deep Forest - Adventures vs Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria - How Wicked Ruler: It... hurts to vote against my nom here, but god damn is How Wicked Ruler good. Adventures is, while very good, not even my favorite WaDF song, just the most listenable for a contest. How Wicked Ruler is just incredible, though.

Love Live School Idol Festival - Watashitachi wa Mirai no Hana vs Fire Emblem Fates - The End of All:... Okay, for once, this isn't just me kneejerking away from JPop. The Love Live song was MILES better than I expected, but The End of All was just incredible. I literally came back and listened to it again after voting. Way closer than I expected though.
The Legend of Zelda - Overworld vs Secret of Evermore - Hall of Collosia, Chamber 1: Woof. Obviously it's hard to argue with the iconic joy of the original Overworld theme, but... Secret of Evermore music..............
Atelier Violet - Izareya vs Legend of Legacy - Twin Dimension Battle: Izareya wasn't bad... but took a solid 50 seconds to become listenable. I cannot stand the choir synth, which is odd because usually I love discordant stuff. This just didn't work for me I guess. Twin Dimension Battle was just pretty solid all the way through.
Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals - For the Savior vs Golden Sun: The Lost Age - The Doom Dragon: Yeah okay, no problem with voting against my nom here. Doom Dragon has nostalgia for me, and I love the time signature changes, but it was more of an exploratory nom than something I expected to do well. For the Savior is just kinda great though.

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2017, 11:37:40 AM »

Atelier Violet- Izareya vs Legend of Legacy- Twin Dimension Battle: Izareya's gone and I can't find a secondary source.

6-22 EDIT: VV Cool, thanks.  Vote added for that match.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 04:53:12 PM by Fudozukushi »

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2017, 07:49:43 AM »
For Izareya:

https://youtu.be/cJk4plKUv8k?t=3163

Best I could find is the complete OST with the song stuck in the timecode. Just keep an eye out for when the song ends.

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2017, 10:39:01 PM »
As far as I'm aware the segment hasn't been closed yet.

Mega Man 2- Metal Man  vs  Ys: The Oath in Felghana- The Strongest Foe
Final Fantasy Tactics- Antipyretic  vs  NieR- Shadowlord
Super Smash Bros. Melee- Menu 2  vs  Rosenkreuzstilette- Luftfest Sleipnir
Within a Deep Forest- Adventures  vs  Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria- How Wicked Ruler

Love Live School Idol Festival- Watashitachi wa Mirai no Hana  vs  Fire Emblem Fates- The End of All
The Legend of Zelda- Overworld  vs  Secret of Evermore- Hall of Collosia, Chamber 1
Atelier Violet- Izareya  vs  Legend of Legacy- Twin Dimension Battle
Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals- For the Savior  vs  Golden Sun: The Lost Age- The Doom Dragon

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2017, 02:51:01 PM »
Mega Man 2- Metal Man- iiiiii vs Ys: The Oath in Felghana- The Strongest Foe- iiiiiiiiiii
Final Fantasy Tactics- Antipyretic- iiiiii vs NieR- Shadowlord - iiiiiiiiiii
Super Smash Bros. Melee- Menu 2- ii vs Rosenkreuzstilette- Luftfest Sleipnir - iiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Within a Deep Forest- Adventures- i vs Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria- How Wicked Ruler - iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Love Live School Idol Festival- Watashitachi wa Mirai no Hana- ii vs Fire Emblem Fates- The End of All - iiiiiiiiiiiiiii
The Legend of Zelda- Overworld- iiiiiii vs Secret of Evermore- Hall of Collosia, Chamber 1- iiiiiiiiii
Atelier Violet- Izareya- iiiiiiii vs Legend of Legacy- Twin Dimension Battle - iiiiiiiii
Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals- For the Savior- iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii vs Golden Sun: The Lost Age- The Doom Dragon
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.