Author Topic: CKDL 2016 Season 3, Week 2  (Read 848 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
CKDL 2016 Season 3, Week 2
« on: October 09, 2016, 11:26:19 PM »
Week 1 will stay open at least a few more days since it got up late, but I kinda like Sunday as launch day.

Godlike

Yunalesca (Final Fantasy X) vs Sharon (Legaia 2: Duel Saga)
Time Lord (SaGa Frontier) vs Fou-lu (Breath of Fire IV)
Asgard (Wild ARMs 3) vs Riou (Suikoden II)
Gades (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom) vs Lenneth Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile Series)

Heavy

Largo (Tales of the Abyss) vs Georg Prime (Suikoden V)
Gangrel (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Eirika (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones)
Ranger (Final Fantasy V) vs Rune Walsh (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium)
Cecilia Lynn Adelhyde (Wild ARMs: Alter Code F) vs Freyjadour Falenas (Suikoden V)

Middle

Lucca Ashtear (Chrono Trigger) vs Fred Maximillian (Suikoden III)
Nowi (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Bow (Breath of Fire II)
Luke fon Fabre (Tales of the Abyss) vs Sheena Fujibayashi (Tales of Symphonia)
Rena Lanford (Star Ocean: The Second Story) vs Mog (Final Fantasy VI)

Light

Fredrick (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Edward Chris von Muir (Final Fantasy IV)
Chidori Yoshino (Persona 3) vs May (Shining Force II)
Gogo (Final Fantasy VI) vs Summoner (Bravely Default)
Igrene (Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword) vs Thief (Final Fantasy Tactics)

CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: CKDL 2016 Season 3, Week 2
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 11:35:29 PM »
Godlike

Time Lord (SaGa Frontier) vs Fou-lu (Breath of Fire IV)- Ugly.
Gades (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom) vs Lenneth Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile Series)- Not OHKOed.

Heavy

Largo (Tales of the Abyss) vs Georg Prime (Suikoden V)- Georg was a fast physical 2HKO if I'm remembering right, that should be enough against Largo even with the defnese? Could go the other way.
Gangrel (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Eirika (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones)- Probably Erikia? Depends on evade.
Ranger (Final Fantasy V) vs Rune Walsh (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium)- Abstain for now.
Cecilia Lynn Adelhyde (Wild ARMs: Alter Code F) vs Freyjadour Falenas (Suikoden V)- Can't vote.

Middle

Lucca Ashtear (Chrono Trigger) vs Fred Maximillian (Suikoden III)- Lucca is near defenseless against fighters.
Nowi (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Bow (Breath of Fire II)- Kneejerk.
Luke fon Fabre (Tales of the Abyss) vs Sheena Fujibayashi (Tales of Symphonia)- Can't vote.

Light

Fredrick (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Edward Chris von Muir (Final Fantasy IV)- Can't vote, thank god for that.
Chidori Yoshino (Persona 3) vs May (Shining Force II)- SEE ABOVE.
Gogo (Final Fantasy VI) vs Summoner (Bravely Default)- E: Gogo running some obscenely bad Gaia Gear setup... might take the fight but I'd want to see someone crunch numbers before I vote for it. That is pathetic.
Igrene (Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword) vs Thief (Final Fantasy Tactics)-The match Tide deserves.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 11:42:10 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 12:09:19 AM »
Godlike

Yunalesca (Final Fantasy X) vs Sharon (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) - Sharon isn't blitzing this.
Asgard (Wild ARMs 3) vs Riou (Suikoden II) - Probably.
Gades (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom) vs Lenneth Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile Series) - L1 bosses tend to waste their good speed by losing initiative and Gades needs to buff to OHKO, that's probably enough for Lenneth here.

Heavy

Gangrel (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Eirika (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones) - Eirika isn't one-rounded no matter what and is quite accurate.
Ranger (Final Fantasy V) vs Rune Walsh (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) - Rapidfire doesn't OHKO on average.

Middle

Lucca Ashtear (Chrono Trigger) vs Fred Maximillian (Suikoden III) - uh
Nowi (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Bow (Breath of Fire II)  - uh probably, he has so much time to stick the ID

Light

Chidori Yoshino (Persona 3) vs May (Shining Force II) - probably unless her damage was more wretched than i remembered it being
Igrene (Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword) vs Thief (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Don't think I see thief doubling her, which is surely enough.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 05:16:04 AM by Random Consonant »

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, 12:23:05 AM »
Godlike

Yunalesca (Final Fantasy X) vs Sharon (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) - Welcome to Godlike.
Time Lord (SaGa Frontier) vs Fou-lu (Breath of Fire IV) - Too durable for a single Overdrive, and trying to delay it just gets him killed faster.
Asgard (Wild ARMs 3) vs Riou (Suikoden II) - Faster, Double Forgiver Sign, Wide Barrier is turn 2, boom.

Heavy

Largo (Tales of the Abyss) vs Georg Prime (Suikoden V) - I think Georg just blows him up?  I'm not sure.
Cecilia Lynn Adelhyde (Wild ARMs: Alter Code F) vs Freyjadour Falenas (Suikoden V) - As far as I can tell, Ceci needs way too many judgment calls in her favor to win this.

Middle

Rena Lanford (Star Ocean: The Second Story) vs Mog (Final Fantasy VI) - Rena damage when?

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2016, 12:29:57 AM »
Yunalesca (Final Fantasy X) vs Sharon (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) - Welcome to Godlike, Sharon.
Time Lord (SaGa Frontier) vs Fou-lu (Breath of Fire IV) - OverDrive isn't really up to snuffing Fou-Lu. Nor is anything else TL has, really.
Asgard (Wild ARMs 3) vs Riou (Suikoden II) - Riou might not OHKO Asgard, but a 2HKO feels very within reach and that's enough.
Gades (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom) vs Lenneth Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile Series) - This may be right even against L1 Gades. Against L2, hahahahahahaha.

Largo (Tales of the Abyss) vs Georg Prime (Suikoden V) - Bringing fire physicals against Georg, such a great idea.
Gangrel (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Eirika (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones) - Neither doubles, one of them OHKOs on hit.
Ranger (Final Fantasy V) vs Rune Walsh (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) - No OHKO, no dice. Negatis does its thing.
Cecilia Lynn Adelhyde (Wild ARMs: Alter Code F) vs Freyjadour Falenas (Suikoden V) - EDIT: Oh, ACF Ceci. Well, this is complicated. I -think- Freyjadour is slower, but Ceci has the problem of her buffs running out in ACF, unlike WA1. Since both are honestly pretty slow at first, Ceci needs to avoid a heal-lock. Quicken works, since, at worst, they're close in speed... but it's not that good in practice given ACF's unbalanced standard deviations (hi Jane). I'll get back to you on this.

Lucca Ashtear (Chrono Trigger) vs Fred Maximillian (Suikoden III) - Fred 2HKOs before Protect and doesn't miss the 3HKO even after. In practice, Lucca gets a single turn and she can do precisely nothing to turn the tides with it.
Nowi (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Bow (Breath of Fire II) - I suspect Protect lets Bow play the ID game even with Nowi's counters. Her pressure otherwise is just lacking.
Rena Lanford (Star Ocean: The Second Story) vs Mog (Final Fantasy VI) - Oh my god, Light/Middle-level stalling against Mog?

Frederick (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Edward Chris von Muir (Final Fantasy IV) - I think I've seen that before.
Chidori Yoshino (Persona 3) vs May (Shining Force II) - Tetrakarn hype rides again.
Gogo (Final Fantasy VI) vs Summoner (Bravely Default) - Gogo durability is junk, at least.
Igrene (Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword) vs Thief (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Not now.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 12:33:12 AM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2016, 12:35:07 AM »
Heavy

The physical god-general with OK listing no spells.  Wrong choice.
Eirika has hugely overkill accuracy - part of this is FE8 enemies failing, sure, but even beyond that, it's like +30 over average with Sieglinde @135 adjusted Hit.  Higher move makes me inclined to tiebreak for her despite Gangrel's range advantage.

Middle

On one hand, Nowi fails forever at making progress against Bow's healing.  On the other hand, Dhyer's BOF2 topic (which should be added to the Alphabetical list of stat topics!) has Shot at a really crappy hit rate (~30%) AND guesses it's resisted by Luck, and Nowi has excellent Luck.  And Bow's attack is listed as being very sensitive to defense, which is Nowi's best stat and it's subtractive.  It's not really clear if Bow can do anything here.  Nowi 3HKOs, so she forces healing every 3rd turn.  Bow has 12 shots of healing.  That gives him ~25 Shot attempts or so (with occasional misses on both sides and occasionally Nowi ATB doubles).   So...  he needs to have 6% odds of ID on Shot or better to win semi-consistently.  Wow, this fails.  I guess I'll see Shot as that good here.
2 fighters each who have interp calls go at each other!  Super-regen for Luke not mattering that much, though, I suspect Sheena wins with her combo regardless and loses without it regardless.  Probably Sheena, but will await Pyro.

Light

FF4o Edward.
For the record, I'm not a fan of the "hacked the game to have a solo Gogo" interp that sticks him in Light, but it'd be really stupid to have him crush Light, so.  Summoner will Default 3 times (easy against Gogo's crappy damage) then unload 4x Susano-o -> 4x Susano-o.  That's 10.4K damage to my preferred killpoint of 14.3K, or .72 PCHP per Brave blast.  Can Gogo heal himself up enough with nonsense elemental rod healing shenanigans to survive those two blasts?  If he can, he wins, if he can't, he loses. 
Since Tide didn't specify a gender (boo hiss) and I don't think transgender thief is a valid character myself (it's a legit downside to Thief hype in-game), I'm gonna go with the stat topic default which is female Thief.  Which means no Steal Heart, and Steal Weapon isn't even that useful vs. FE characters and their handy backups.  RIP.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2016, 09:24:48 AM »
Godlike

Gades (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom) vs Lenneth Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile Series)- L1 Gades is fast, 2HKOS and can take a hit

Heavy

Gangrel (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Eirika (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones)- Better overall evasion givenher accuracy
Cecilia Lynn Adelhyde (Wild ARMs: Alter Code F) vs Freyjadour Falenas (Suikoden V)- Wait, we can specify game That s forms? Guess I know who I'm nomming next Light. Frey is faster by the numbers in the stat topics and his physical+a magic spell with less charge time will 2HKO Cecilia. But that magic charge time might exist and could swing it. Of course...other magic charge times will exist in the speed average as well, which makes me confident enough that Freyja will likely be getting his second turn first. But again, his chance of 2HKO with a physical and his L2 depends on getting better than 1x mult turn 1 (While normally go for long term damage average, my gut is that there should still some short term factor in the short term). 49.4% chance of better than 1x mult...but Freyja's L4 could always be faster than Cecilia anyways, so odd feel stacked his way overall.

Middle

Nowi (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Bow (Breath of Fire II)- Sure

Light

Gogo (Final Fantasy VI) vs Summoner (Bravely Default)- Is a Heavy
...into the nightfall.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2016, 03:28:47 AM »
Godlike

Gades (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom) vs Lenneth Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile Series)

Heavy

Cecilia Lynn Adelhyde (Wild ARMs: Alter Code F) vs Freyjadour Falenas (Suikoden V)

Middle

Light

<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2016, 04:33:33 AM »
Godlike

Yunalesca (Final Fantasy X) vs Sharon (Legaia 2: Duel Saga): No.
Time Lord (SaGa Frontier) vs Fou-lu (Breath of Fire IV): Has the durability, and nasty physicals.
Asgard (Wild ARMs 3) vs Riou (Suikoden II): If Forgiver Sign doesn't OHKO, it's close, and I don't see Wide Barrier as turn 1.

Heavy

Largo (Tales of the Abyss) vs Georg Prime (Suikoden V): Yeah sure. Georg's evade and fire nulling makes most of Largo's skillset useless; Stone Beast's borderline 3HKO is about the only thing he has that is any good here and that's below half HP (ST stuff largely gets parried).
Gangrel (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Eirika (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones): As much fun as he is, I dunno that Gangrel is that impressive. Eirika OHKOs him without much fuss.
Ranger (Final Fantasy V) vs Rune Walsh (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium): Ranger's only hope is to proc Killer Bow with Rapidfire, but that's only ~30% and Negatis/Diem are 100% coming the other way.
Cecilia Lynn Adelhyde (Wild ARMs: Alter Code F) vs Freyjadour Falenas (Suikoden V): She's faster (Zed's an aftergame PC to me), so I'm just not sure how Freyjador kills ever? Even if she's seen as slightly slower it feels like Freyjadour has problems due to Quicken, for all that I'm not mathing that out.

Middle

Lucca Ashtear (Chrono Trigger) vs Fred Maximillian (Suikoden III): Immunes sleep, so wins the slugfest pretty easily.
Nowi (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Bow (Breath of Fire II): Nowi's luck is only 7 points above average, so she reduces Shot from 30% to 23%? That's not really good enough.
Rena Lanford (Star Ocean: The Second Story) vs Mog (Final Fantasy VI): Probably?

Light

Fredrick (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Edward Chris von Muir (Final Fantasy IV): Harps being melee makes my vote fairly clear.
Gogo (Final Fantasy VI) vs Summoner (Bravely Default): Summoning Surge overpowers any stalling tactics, I think. Apparently it stacks exponentially. And Summoner is already 5HKOing at base, so she 4HKOs after an opening attack, even if Gogo heals.
Igrene (Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword) vs Thief (Final Fantasy Tactics): Pretty simple slugfest. Igrene 3HKOs, Thief 5HKOs.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2016, 02:09:36 PM »
Heavy
Largo (Tales of the Abyss) vs Georg Prime (Suikoden V) - lol using physicals against Georg, let alone fire physicals
Gangrel (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Eirika (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones) - Pretty sure Snowfire's right. Eirika's highly accurate and has an argument to OHKO, so this is easy enough
Cecilia Lynn Adelhyde (Wild ARMs: Alter Code F) vs Freyjadour Falenas (Suikoden V) - Cecilia wins this I think as long as she is faster. Retaliate to bounce the physicals and then heal/do whatever to build FP at which point she gets good damage options (Material Summons, Grav). If not...it's possible for Quicken to give her the slight edge that she needs, but since Prince heal locks with a physical (due to his L4 being a high 2HKO), the timing gets wonky. As noted, ACF's Ceci's buffs wear off unless she casts Permanence and she might not have the time for it, which puts her in a pretty precarious position. I also don't see the average that makes her faster than Prince?

Light
Fredrick (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Edward Chris von Muir (Final Fantasy IV) - Edward P.dur plot.
Igrene (Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword) vs Thief (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Well at least we don't get a match where we have to think more about THIEF STEALINGZ. Praise St. Ajora!
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2016, 09:29:20 PM »
I also don't see the average that makes her faster than Prince?

Something about the no-skills-allowed for S5 while only going Core 3 Only or No Jane+Zed for ACF speed averages.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2016, 11:53:14 PM »
I use the No-Zed average because he's an aftergame PC; I certainly do include Jane (and Emma) though.

For S5 I just use this post for looking at speed, MDef, HP, etc., i.e. ignoring skills. The skill allotment in the thread is both (a) very arbitrary, and (b) allows some skills/skill ranks I don't agree with, and the resulting average is basically trash because it includes some people randomly setting the skills for things like +speed (like Freyjadour), and some not. If I were to factor in skills for speed/HP I would want to use an average where everyone is setting them, but I'm far too lazy for that, so skill-less works as a pretty good substitute.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

DragonKnight Zero

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2016, 05:43:37 AM »

This matchup is bizarre.  Rune Shoes and Mithril Coat neutralize Wind Song which would be Mog's ideal dance for sandbagging.  Rena's offense is awful so Earth Blues will be enough to keep Mog's HP up.  However, his damage isn't that spectacular since he's doing OK damage half the time and Rena's Sorceress Knuckles provide MP regen.  So both can keep going pretty much forever.  Spear pokes don't kill fast enough due to the MP regen and Holy resist either.  Instinctively leaning Mog because of the judgment calls and confusion from Water Rondo robbing Rena of productive turns.

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2016, 09:02:29 PM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2016, 04:03:55 AM »
Godlike

Yunalesca (Final Fantasy X)- iiiiiii vs Sharon (Legaia 2: Duel Saga)
Time Lord (SaGa Frontier) vs Fou-lu (Breath of Fire IV)- iiiiiii
Asgard (Wild ARMs 3) vs Riou (Suikoden II)- iiiiiii
Gades (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom)- iii vs Lenneth Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile Series)- iii  (dicebot roll)

Heavy

Largo (Tales of the Abyss) vs Georg Prime (Suikoden V)- iiiiiiii
Gangrel (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Eirika (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones)- iiiiiiii
Ranger (Final Fantasy V) vs Rune Walsh (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium)- iiiiii
Cecilia Lynn Adelhyde (Wild ARMs: Alter Code F)- i vs Freyjadour Falenas (Suikoden V)- iiii

Middle

Lucca Ashtear (Chrono Trigger) vs Fred Maximillian (Suikoden III)- iiiiiiii
Nowi (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Bow (Breath of Fire II)- iiiiiiii
Luke fon Fabre (Tales of the Abyss)- i vs Sheena Fujibayashi (Tales of Symphonia)- i  (CK vote)
Rena Lanford (Star Ocean: The Second Story) vs Mog (Final Fantasy VI)- iiiiiiiii

Light

Fredrick (Fire Emblem: Awakening)- iiiiii vs Edward Chris von Muir (Final Fantasy IV)- ii
Chidori Yoshino (Persona 3)- iii vs May (Shining Force II)- i
Gogo (Final Fantasy VI)- ii vs Summoner (Bravely Default)- iii
Igrene (Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword)- iiiiii vs Thief (Final Fantasy Tactics)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 04:13:31 AM by Cmdr_King »
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.