Author Topic: CKDL 2016 Season 3, Week 1  (Read 1405 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
CKDL 2016 Season 3, Week 1
« on: October 05, 2016, 01:50:44 AM »
Godlike

Zeromus (Final Fantasy IV) vs Nailah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)
Tibarn (Fire Emblem Series) vs Violetta (Grandia III)
Rupert Dandridge (Wild ARMs XF) vs Cidolfas Orlandu (Final Fantasy Tactics)
Royce (Lunar: The Silver Star) vs Ashera (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)

Heavy

Razeluxe Meitzen (Mana Khenmia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Ursula (Breath of Fire IV)
Nina (Breath of Fire IV) vs Percival Fraulein (Suikoden III)
Rudy Roughknight (Wild ARMs) vs Melbu Frahma (Legend of Dragoon)
Tosh (Arc the Lad II) vs Beowulf Kadmus (Final Fantasy Tactics)

Middle

Seifer Almasy (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Kyle (Suikoden V)
Karin Koenig (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs Sargent Jordi (Suikoden III)
Clive Winslette (Wild ARMs 3) vs Danette (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters)
Lexis Shaia (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals) vs Clarine (Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword)

Light

Ricardo Gomez (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Jane Maxwell (Wild ARMs: Alter Code F)
Leonardo (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Labyrinthia Wordsworth (Wild ARMs XF)
Nina (Breath of Fire III) vs Tricia (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters)
Mallow (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Mullen (Grandia)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: CKDL 2016 Season 3, Week 1
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 02:06:29 AM »
Godlike

Zeromus (Final Fantasy IV) vs Nailah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)- I think? I don't think Naliah can 4HKO Zeromus and Zeromus should be able to kill her before the fifth turn.
Tibarn (Fire Emblem Series) vs Violetta (Grandia III)- Speed.
Rupert Dandridge (Wild ARMs XF) vs Cidolfas Orlandu (Final Fantasy Tactics)- Easy.
Royce (Lunar: The Silver Star) vs Ashera (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)- If Royce had magic, it wasn't super amazing.

Heavy

Razeluxe Meitzen (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Ursula (Breath of Fire IV)- Brings Ursula to light.
Nina (Breath of Fire IV) vs Percival Fraulein (Suikoden III)- Silent Lake.
Rudy Roughknight (Wild ARMs) vs Melbu Frahma (Legend of Dragoon)- ugh not now E: oooh Elfboy!
Tosh (Arc the Lad II) vs Beowulf Kadmus (Final Fantasy Tactics)- Status. Tosh doesn't like Shields much either.

Middle

Seifer Almasy (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Kyle (Suikoden V)- There's no way I'm taking No Mercy damage literally even if I allow the PC form. I'm kind of leaning towards not nowadays which makes this academic.
Karin Koenig (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs Sargent Jordi (Suikoden III)- Bye Karin!
Clive Winslette (Wild ARMs 3) vs Danette (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters)- This is brutal. She's best typed against ranged physicals to boot.

Light

Leonardo (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Labyrinthia Wordsworth (Wild ARMs XF)- FFS Labby. >_<
Nina (Breath of Fire III) vs Tricia (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters)- What happened to the pretty little birdy? :( Tricia is sad~ (SN Demon Path, incredibly fucked up.)
Mallow (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Mullen (Grandia)- Usual 'It's Mullen' vote.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 02:23:03 AM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 03:15:08 AM »
Godlike

Zeromus (Final Fantasy IV) vs Nailah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) - gutcheck is she'll kill first
Tibarn (Fire Emblem Series) vs Violetta (Grandia III) - I have played G3 but I don't remember her too well. *checks stat topic* ....welp, I don't see how he gets around Burn Wall. Lame.
Rupert Dandridge (Wild ARMs XF) vs Cidolfas Orlandu (Final Fantasy Tactics) - never finished XF but I don't see how Orlandu loses this at a glance.
Royce (Lunar: The Silver Star) vs Ashera (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) - straight outslugs

Heavy

Razeluxe Meitzen (Mana Khenmia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Ursula (Breath of Fire IV) - wins the damage race cleanly
Nina (Breath of Fire IV) vs Percival Fraulein (Suikoden III) - waterrune.txt
Rudy Roughknight (Wild ARMs) vs Melbu Frahma (Legend of Dragoon) - p.sure ACF Rudy can win this? He brings a lot of damage to the party.
Tosh (Arc the Lad II) vs Beowulf Kadmus (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Beo tends not to lose to PCs that don't either immune status or OHKO him. Tosh does neither.

Middle

Seifer Almasy (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Kyle (Suikoden V) - Kyle's damage is not good, I think PC seifer can actually run him out of healing with that stupidly large limit range.
Karin Koenig (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs Sargent Jordi (Suikoden III) - Joe does Joe things
Clive Winslette (Wild ARMs 3) vs Danette (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) - The type matchup is hilariously sad.
Lexis Shaia (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals) vs Clarine (Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword) - Stun Shocker will connect before she kills, I think. All he needs to do is land it once and that's game.

Light

Ricardo Gomez (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Jane Maxwell (Wild ARMs: Alter Code F) - Right, he can block ID. Welp, that makes this easy.
Leonardo (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Labyrinthia Wordsworth (Wild ARMs XF) - I've played enough XF to vote on Labby, but I'm going to use not finishing it as an excuse to abstain here.
Nina (Breath of Fire III) vs Tricia (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) - Good matchup vs mages
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2016, 04:31:45 AM »
Godlike

Zeromus (Final Fantasy IV) vs Nailah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) - Gut.
Tibarn (Fire Emblem Series) vs Violetta (Grandia III) - Oh she can put up melee immunity, that's a thing.
Rupert Dandridge (Wild ARMs XF) vs Cidolfas Orlandu (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Shield evade is a bit of a problem.
Royce (Lunar: The Silver Star) vs Ashera (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) - Don't think her MT was good enough to bring down auras fast enough.

Heavy

Razeluxe Meitzen (Mana Khenmia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Ursula (Breath of Fire IV) - Probably not all that close.
Rudy Roughknight (Wild ARMs) vs Melbu Frahma (Legend of Dragoon) - Sure.
Tosh (Arc the Lad II) vs Beowulf Kadmus (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Tosh has so many issues here.

Middle

Seifer Almasy (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Kyle (Suikoden V) - Think I agree with Tide's reasoning here.
Karin Koenig (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs Sargent Jordi (Suikoden III) - Karin doesn't really beat people who can heal.
Clive Winslette (Wild ARMs 3) vs Danette (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) - Unlike the people in SN who use guns, Clive doesn't fly.  As such I see no reason as to why Danette shouldn't knock him into next week.
Lexis Shaia (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals) vs Clarine (Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword) - e: see below, Clarine taken at higher levels does manage the two-rounding and she probably should be to me.

Light

Leonardo (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Labyrinthia Wordsworth (Wild ARMs XF) - Lughnasadh lets him double to boot, this is awful.
Nina (Breath of Fire III) vs Tricia (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) - Check please.
Mallow (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Mullen (Grandia) - CHECK PLEASE.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 01:41:30 AM by Random Consonant »

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2016, 05:06:54 AM »
Godlike

Zeromus (Final Fantasy IV) vs Nailah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)- Zeromus gives her a lot of turns his base best damage is a whatever 3HKO, then Nailah adds in HP, defenses, evasion and a brutal physical.
Tibarn (Fire Emblem Series) vs Violetta (Grandia III)- Yeah, melee immunity
Rupert Dandridge (Wild ARMs XF) vs Cidolfas Orlandu (Final Fantasy Tactics)- Rupert's support credit (and Rupert is top tier for people where support credit should really, really be considered) makes it that Orlandu fails to 2HKO him to me (Not respecting storebought stat boosters hurts Orlandu). After taking one hit, any Maximum Risk will be fatal and I don't think Rupert will miss twice (I guess he might if you take Shield Evade at face value, especially since NEB noted that his evasion for Rupert might have been high. Even 2% more accuracy is making Rupert hit on turn 2). Edit: Flipped vote, MP Damage takes it.
Royce (Lunar: The Silver Star) vs Ashera (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)- Royce puts up an okay fight, but yeah

Heavy

Razeluxe Meitzen (Mana Khenmia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Ursula (Breath of Fire IV)- Gut
Rudy Roughknight (Wild ARMs) vs Melbu Frahma (Legend of Dragoon)- I'm not sure Rudy outspeeds or OHKOs form one, and he needs to do both.
Tosh (Arc the Lad II) vs Beowulf Kadmus (Final Fantasy Tactics)- Tosh gets in one nasty but not fatal attack

Middle

Seifer Almasy (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Kyle (Suikoden V)- I think. Kyle can't hang with PC Seifer's limits, boss Seifer tends to be really fast.
Clive Winslette (Wild ARMs 3) vs Danette (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters)- Her typing against guns is actually mixed (she's defensively good against guns, but offensively bad. This is an okay split though, since defensively bad could get her OHKOed, but instead she's likely 2HKOed), but she'll open by sending her speed to the heavens in a way that Clive can't really deal with since she'll get turn 4 and smite)

Light

Ricardo Gomez (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Jane Maxwell (Wild ARMs: Alter Code F)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 08:08:34 AM by Dhyerwolf »
...into the nightfall.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2016, 05:33:16 AM »
For Rupert vs. Orlandu, without mathing things out, my kneejerk is that Orlandu will take it with the MP damage (and then draining after that). Agreed that if he goes straight for HP damage bad things happen. Scaling MP damage is a huge pain in situations like this but it is pretty much the best way to deal with Rupert in-game.

Ursula was apparently nommed in both Middle and Heavy! Funny. For the record, she's IMO definitely more of a Middle; her championship there feels like a fluke (and very few people would vote her over Cait Sith these days). This isn't to slight anyone who nommed her for Heavy since she is listed there, but I would probably motion for her to be "downgraded" in Snowfire's list.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2016, 07:41:51 AM »
Godlike

Nothing legal

Heavy

Nothing legal

Middle

Seifer Almasy (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Kyle (Suikoden V) - Temp PC form is a headache, and Boss form is probably frail enough to get 2HKOed by Kyle physicals.  Sure.

Light

Ricardo Gomez (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Jane Maxwell (Wild ARMs: Alter Code F) - Jane gets too distracted by Ricardo's Teddy Bears to kill him.

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2016, 01:44:31 PM »
Godlike

Heavy

Razeluxe Meitzen (Mana Khenmia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Ursula (Breath of Fire IV)

Middle

Lexis Shaia (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals) vs Clarine (Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword)

Light

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2016, 05:30:30 PM »
Tibarn (Fire Emblem Series) vs Violetta (Grandia III) - Trying to beat Violetta with evadable basic melee physicals, that is rich
Rupert Dandridge (Wild ARMs XF) vs Cidolfas Orlandu (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Yeah, I suppose MP draining works here. Helps that Orlandu is considerably faster and Rupert accuracy kinda sucks.

Razeluxe Meitzen (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Ursula (Breath of Fire IV) - I tend to kneejerk Ursula's status as not turn one nowadays and Confuse isn't much of a help against Falling Leaves plinking on for multiple turns. To make matters worse, Raze immunes ID...
Nina (Breath of Fire IV) vs Percival Fraulein (Suikoden III) - I think Nina's fragile enough to die to a single Silent Lake cycle.
Rudy Roughknight (Wild ARMs) vs Melbu Frahma (Legend of Dragoon) - I don't think Melbu loses even to ACF Rudy if he's slower: his resources kinda suck on the big damage, meaning his offense loses a -lot- of steam past his second turn. And Melbu's HP is kinda gross. If he's faster, Confuse and Petrify just play hell with Rudy.
Tosh (Arc the Lad II) vs Beowulf Kadmus (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Beowulf has -way- too many debilitating status options for Tosh to block them all unless you're more generous than I am with that and Tosh's magical status resistance is otherwise egregiously bad. Sleep/paralysis => Chicken at a minimum puts him on hold. Meanwhile, Tosh gets his own paralysis blocked, has to face shield evasion and doesn't OHKO. Being faster just doesn't matter.

Seifer Almasy (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Kyle (Suikoden V) - I really don't want to figure out temps today?
Karin Koenig (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs Sergeant Jordi (Suikoden III) - Karin vs. decent S3 Water Runer? Yeah, that ain't working.
Clive Winslett (Wild ARMs 3) vs Danette (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) - EDIT: See below, Danette actually matches favorably against Clive.
Lexis Shaia (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals) vs Clarine (Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword) - Still don't want to figure out temps.

Ricardo Gomez (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Jane Maxwell (Wild ARMs: Alter Code F) - Jane seriously struggles to outpace Ricardo's -regen- and her healing is too infrequently available to matter against damage she can't evade.
Nina (Breath of Fire III) vs Tricia (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) - Tricia against mages is -not- a Light.
Mallow (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Mullen (Grandia) - Mullen is terrible.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 07:48:07 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2016, 09:01:23 PM »
Snow, Danette has a defensive advantage against gunners.
...into the nightfall.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2016, 10:25:04 PM »
And Danette's poor offensive type match against Seraphs (which again, is the only class to actually -use- guns) likely has more to do with the fact that they fly rather than their use of guns.  If you wanted to say Clive shouldn't be subjected to Archer's catastrophic weakness to SN melee types here that'd be one thing, but saying that he should resist SN melee solely based off of gun useage seems to require ignoring that fliers don't really slide into the whole melee>archers>mages>melee triangle defensively speaking (plus Whirwins fly, are melee, and have a favorable offensive match against Seraphs so I'm really not inclined to give non-flying gunners benefit of the doubt).
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 10:37:05 PM by Random Consonant »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2016, 02:09:23 AM »
I actually read it wrong on the defensive matchup. On the offensive matchup, that's actually a good point. I'm more inclined to see Clive as ranged there (Flying obviously makes more sense) with that kind of info, so that'd actually revert the matchups in her favor and garner a vote change.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2016, 09:08:47 AM »
uhhh.  Zeromus probably kills in, like, 3 Viruses + 2 Flares?  Can Nailah 3HKO?  Zeromus is roughly ~2 PCHP…  but 3x Nailah hits are ~1.65 PCHP.   BUT Nailah has evasion, so on second thought, maybe a 4HKO from Nailah is fine, since she can not only gamble on good evasion luck but also on Savage.
While I dunno entirely about Blaze Wall hype since it’s circumvented pretty easily in-game, Chant of Despair or status probably do the job anyway.
2HKO that MP at worst, sure.
Royce does have MT so this isn't entirely open & shut, but sure.  Being slow does not help here.

Heavy

Middle

Well, boss Seifer is a Light and loses to everything, so PC it is.  PC Seifer, if allowed at all...  about the harshest scaling I’d grant would be to stick No Mercy in Seifer’s average damage since it’s so easily accessible, but that STILL is gonna tip it for Seifer here.  He might even win if you scale him against everyone with limits active, because Quistis & Selphie's limits are gonna suuuuck comparatively during the (short, irrelevant) time when Seifer is around.
Karin Koenig (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs Sgt. Joe (Suikoden III)
Healing.
Clarine has really good evasion, so going aggro is the wrong kind of YOLO.  THat said, the spam healing a lot strategy...  Lexis has 21 shots of Stronger, but that may be overkill when Clarine didn’t score a crit.  How good was vanilla Strong healing?!  He'd have 56 shots of that.   Clarine has 125 shots of Thunder and either a 6 or 7% critical rate (L15 vs. L20).  But, ignoring critical rate, if Clarine can 2HKO, Lexis will never have time to use MP-restoration, barring extremely rare doubles from Lexis's barely-above-average speed.  1/4 MP would be either 5 shots of healing or 14 shots..  I’m not sure if Lexis’s tiny advantage even merits a 15:14 here, his 103% speed means that it’s more like a 34:33 or something.

The next question is if Clarine even 2HKOs (well, 4HKOs + doubles) or not.  She definitely doesn’t at L15, but if Lexis goes for the stall strat, she’ll hit L20 anyway, and at L20 she…  BARELY, barely 2HKOs?  Like.  Could see it as a survival check, she’ll deal .88 PCHP damage resisted down to .85 PCHP by the magic resist, which is apparently exactly Lexis’s HP, so any slight adjustment in respect one way or the other can tip this.

Anyway, this means that Lexis gets 56 + 14 + 14 heals off = 84 heals and 2 doubles where he restores his MP.  Then he runs out of juice and has to YOLO attack anyway.  If she had to level up, maybe make that 84+14+14 = 112 shots of healing, but probably a little less in practice from using Stronger on turns Clarine got a crit.  I guess I can maybe see not letting Clarine walk in with 5 Thunder tomes worth of ammo, but it looks like she narrowly outpressures the healing strat.

Light

That’s gotta hurt.

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2016, 02:26:50 PM »
Godlike
Tibarn (Fire Emblem Series) vs Violetta (Grandia III) - Melee immunity. GG.
Rupert Dandridge (Wild ARMs XF) vs Cidolfas Orlandu (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Busts Rupert's MP when his damage isn't scary and has shields/mantle at worst to give him the time necessary. Once that's done, Rupert can't use any of his deadly techniques and Orlandu drains to victory.

Middle
Seifer Almasy (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Kyle (Suikoden V) - Boss Seifer pretty much auto loses to everything. That might be enough of a tiebreaker for me, because I'm not quite sure where I see PC Seifer. I definitely don't take his limit damage at face value (or even respect it all that much) and damage averages in FF8 are a giant mess anyway. So my kneejerk is to vote against him regardless. It's alright though, I'm sure Super will create some PG where Seifer owns all the lamers and I can vote on every match and die a little inside afterwards.

Light
Ricardo Gomez (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Jane Maxwell (Wild ARMs: Alter Code F) - lol. Even if Jane can beat Ricardo's regen, she still has to deal with him having ACTUAL healing. Ricardo pretty much just lights up a smoke this entire match since he pretty much can't lose unless you give Jane Finest Arts.
Leonardo (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Labyrinthia Wordsworth (Wild ARMs XF) - Labby pls
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2016, 05:36:46 PM »
Godlike

Tibarn (Fire Emblem Series) vs Violetta (Grandia III): Bah.
Royce (Lunar: The Silver Star) vs Ashera (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn): Durability difference is rather monstrous. MT is Ashera's bane (for all that she can't face it in-game)

Heavy

Razeluxe Meitzen (Mana Khenmia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Ursula (Breath of Fire IV): 2 life bars.
Nina (Breath of Fire IV) vs Percival Fraulein (Suikoden III): "Shhhhhhh. Be vewwwy quiet. I'm hunting birdie."
Rudy Roughknight (Wild ARMs) vs Melbu Frahma (Legend of Dragoon): Uh. Surely... status?
Tosh (Arc the Lad II) vs Beowulf Kadmus (Final Fantasy Tactics): Cure-All hurts his durability but Monji Slash->KO works.

Middle

Seifer Almasy (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Kyle (Suikoden V): Healing, limit avoidance?
Clive Winslette (Wild ARMs 3) vs Danette (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters): Type matching.

Light

Nina (Breath of Fire III) vs Tricia (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters): Typing.
Mallow (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Mullen (Grandia): Healing.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2016, 03:42:48 AM »
Godlike

Zeromus (Final Fantasy IV) vs Nailah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn): I'd kinda like precise FF4 PSX speed numbers since that could tilt things possibly.
Tibarn (Fire Emblem Series) vs Violetta (Grandia III): Not that it matters since Violetta beats both.
Rupert Dandridge (Wild ARMs XF) vs Cidolfas Orlandu (Final Fantasy Tactics): If he 2HKOs Rupert's MP, he has this easily. Even if he 3HKOs, that may be enough, depending on evade.
Royce (Lunar: The Silver Star) vs Ashera (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn): Arch Flare can OHKO the magic-weak corner auras. So that's something. The physical-weak auras don't get their regen broken by that, but Royce can then switch to using Cross Bridge and OHKO them. Cross Bridge hits a line, so it depends how many you see this hitting. Probably either 2 or three shots to kill them all? Finally, Royce 2HKOs Ashera proper, through the regen (misses a OHKO by a bit), with the first attack being AoE to avoid counters. So in total, she needs 5-6 turns to win. There's... no way Ashera doesn't kill in the 7-9 turns she gets before then, Royce mdur is only like 4 or so.

Heavy

Razeluxe Meitzen (Mana Khenmia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Ursula (Breath of Fire IV): No comment.
Nina (Breath of Fire IV) vs Percival Fraulein (Suikoden III): Nina can't really do anything decisive, SL comes down and Percival kills easily enough while that's in effect.
Rudy Roughknight (Wild ARMs) vs Melbu Frahma (Legend of Dragoon): Probably.

Middle

Seifer Almasy (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Kyle (Suikoden V): Abstain, not sure how I feel about Seifer today.
Karin Koenig (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs Sargent Jordi (Suikoden III):Straightforward.
Clive Winslette (Wild ARMs 3) vs Danette (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters): Typing arguments have been made, I'm convinced.
Lexis Shaia (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals) vs Clarine (Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword): Unless I'm missing something... Clarine 4HKOs Lexis of the 85% PCHP, doubles, and if either attack criticals she wins. That's a heal-lock, and a critical comes before Lexis doubleturns. He can get any IP he wants but I don't really see a decisive one, not against Clarine's turn 1 evasion.

Light

Ricardo Gomez (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Jane Maxwell (Wild ARMs: Alter Code F): Right, Ricardo has AoE attacks. Otherwise Jane could stall him out of SP.
Leonardo (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Labyrinthia Wordsworth (Wild ARMs XF): Even if Leo doesn't double (I'm not sure), he 2HKOs and goes first.
Nina (Breath of Fire III) vs Tricia (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters): Tricia: actually good against mages.

Maybe.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2016, 04:28:43 AM »
0.827 is less than 0.85 though?  Maybe if you factor in accuracy but not crits or allow her Elfire, though.  A giant meh to the former but I could be swayed on the latter since even a 1% crit rate would be enough there.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2016, 04:42:44 AM »
I do allow Elfire, not that it matters here with its lower crit. I use the middle of the three listed damage averages (neither accuracy nor crits); however, I do take Clarine at Level 20, so her Thunder does 10 instead of 9.

Maybe.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2016, 04:52:37 AM »
That would be enough then.  Probably fair enough, she does get boosted exp from fighting IIRC which I do agree should be reflected somehow, so that probably changes my vote there.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2016, 04:02:00 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light

« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 04:31:10 AM by Luther Lansfeld »
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2016, 03:52:17 AM »
Godlike

Zeromus (Final Fantasy IV)- ii vs Nailah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)- iiiiiii
Tibarn (Fire Emblem Series) vs Violetta (Grandia III)- iiiiiiiiii
Rupert Dandridge (Wild ARMs XF) vs Cidolfas Orlandu (Final Fantasy Tactics)- iiiiiiiii
Royce (Lunar: The Silver Star)- i vs Ashera (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)- iiiiiiii

Heavy

Razeluxe Meitzen (Mana Khenmia 2: Fall of Alchemy)- iiiiiiii vs Ursula (Breath of Fire IV)
Nina (Breath of Fire IV) vs Percival Fraulein (Suikoden III)- iiiiiiiiii
Rudy Roughknight (Wild ARMs)- i vs Melbu Frahma (Legend of Dragoon)- iiiiiii
Tosh (Arc the Lad II)- i vs Beowulf Kadmus (Final Fantasy Tactics)- iiiii

Middle

Seifer Almasy (Final Fantasy VIII)- iii vs Kyle (Suikoden V)- iiiiii
Karin Koenig (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs Sargent Jordi (Suikoden III)- iiiiiiiii
Clive Winslette (Wild ARMs 3) vs Danette (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters)- iiiiiiii
Lexis Shaia (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals)- ii vs Clarine (Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword)- iiii

Light

Ricardo Gomez (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)- iiiiii vs Jane Maxwell (Wild ARMs: Alter Code F)
Leonardo (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)- iiiiiiii vs Labyrinthia Wordsworth (Wild ARMs XF)
Nina (Breath of Fire III)- i vs Tricia (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters)- iiiiiii
Mallow (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)- iiiiii vs Mullen (Grandia)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.