imageRegister

Author Topic: Futurama 2016 Week 2  (Read 721 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Futurama 2016 Week 2
« on: December 11, 2016, 12:02:05 AM »
Week 1 is still open!  Probably will be for a while since I usually forget to close things but y'know, in case late voters see this one bumped.  See here: http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=6857.0

Godlike

Procyon (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Protea (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road)
Dark Knight (Bravely Default) vs Aeterna (I Am Setsuna)
Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI) vs Rorolina Frixel (Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland)
Lugia (Pokémon) vs Cress Albane (Tales of Phantasia)

Heavy

Sabin Rene Figaro (Final Fantasy VI) vs Estelle Bright (The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky)
Demi (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millennium) vs Alicia Melchiott (Valkyria Chronicles)
Edea Kramer (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Mimikyu (Pokémon)
Raftina (Wild ARMs 3) vs Zatanna (Justice League Heroes)

Middle

Nergal (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) vs Jiro (Blue Dragon)
Tio (Grandia II) vs Cryogonal (Pokémon)
Umbreon (Pokémon) vs Setsuna (I Am Setsuna)
Stantler (Pokémon) vs Black Mage (Final Fantasy Dimensions)

Light

Tim Rhymeless (Wild ARMs 2) vs Lymle Lemuri Phi (Star Ocean: The Last Hope)
Thief (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Camille (Celestian Tale: Old North)
Delibird (Pokémon) vs Mack (Lost Odyssey)
Rude (Final Fantasy VII) vs Judith (Tales of Vesperia)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Re: Futurama 2016 Week 2
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 12:02:47 AM »
And quick and dirty Mimikyu stats:

Mimikyu (Ghost/Fairy)
Diguise- The first hit against Mimikyu each fight is blocked.  This doesn’t block entry hazards and weather damage, and attached status on damaging moves will get through even though the damage is blocked.

HP 130  Atk 110  Def 100  SAtk 70  SDef 125  Spd 116

Play Rough (Fairy, 10 PP)-  78 physical, 90% Accuracy, 10% chance of Atk Down
Hone Claws (15 PP)- +1 Atk and Acc domain.
Shadow Sneak (Ghost, 30 PP)- 36 physical, 100% Accuracy, Priority
Charm (20 PP)- -2 Atk

Shadow Claw (Ghost, 15 PP)- 61 physical , 100% Accuracy
Slash (Normal, 20 PP)- 41 physical, 100% Accuracy, +1 Crit
Feint Attack (Dark, 20 PP)- 35 physical, Cannot Miss
Baby-Doll Eyes (30 PP)- -1 Atk, Priority

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 01:12:23 AM »
DK can't block Stop.  (And even if he can block Stun, he might just kill himself with IAS Confuse on him.)  Too bad since Random calculated that DK needs only 2 Dark Nebulas to hit to win, so he stuffs the Mirage game pretty good with a brave blitz.

Heavy

Sabin Rene Figaro (Final Fantasy VI) vs Estelle Bright (The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky)
if I read hinode's stats correctly, Sabin is not particularly tanky, so 100 CP Estelle just KOs.  50 CP Estelle heals into a deadly S-Craft.  And if 100 CP Estelle doesn't quite make the KO with spell -> S-Craft, then she can probably still heal her way to 200 CP and win then, she's not SO slow as to give up a double particularly fast.

Middle

That defense.  It is horrible.  Even if Acid Armor resolves before Tio's damage, which is doubtful, Tio can quite probably whittle through Cryogonal's healing.  Cryo needs Acid Armor to be really potent, for it to resolve first, and to have Tio's damage post-AA be almost entirely caught by Recover.  And if Tio needs to go faster on turn 1, she can arguably spam Lotus Flare for sick cancel effects, which I'm normally a bit skeptical of hyping, but since Pokemon itself has some similar flinch moves, might be reasonable here anyway.
Yeah, I'm with the Fairy=Light interp, which is really bad for Umbreon here.  Lightning is pretty MP-efficient and forces Umbreon to spend Moonlights faster than Setsuna runs out of MP.  Alternatively, just spam cheap healing, then OHKO with Holy Light.

Light

Thief (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Camille (Celestian Tale: Old North)
Since no gender specified, assuming stat topic default of female thief again, unfortunately for Thief.  Thief 5HKOs.  Camille 3HKOs, and might arguably do it first.  (Probably not by turn 3 though.)  Unless Camille having no weapon is far more disastrous than expected, think she has this.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 01:18:51 AM by SnowFire »

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2016, 01:32:49 AM »
Godlike

Procyon (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Protea (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road): Durable enough and has magic.
Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI) vs Rorolina Frixel (Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland): Rorona has more items than Terra does MP.
Lugia (Pokémon) vs Cress Albane (Tales of Phantasia):  Cress may be 2HKO'd, but I think he OHKOs with a darkness tech. Dark and ITD and thunder big damage is a bad combo for Lugia.

Heavy

Sabin Rene Figaro (Final Fantasy VI) vs Estelle Bright (The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky): Heal/thwack (because healing is fast and can sometimes afford her thwacking) until a 200 CP S-Break, or the S-Break would kill.
Demi (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millennium) vs Alicia Melchiott (Valkyria Chronicles): Stasis Beam will get her?
Edea Kramer (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Mimikyu (Pokémon)
Raftina (Wild ARMs 3) vs Zatanna (Justice League Heroes)

Middle

Nergal (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) vs Jiro (Blue Dragon): Corporeal, healing, Auto-life.

Light

Tim Rhymeless (Wild ARMs 2) vs Lymle Lemuri Phi (Star Ocean: The Last Hope): Faster, more damaging, Silence.
Thief (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Camille (Celestian Tale: Old North): 3HKOs first.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2016, 01:48:40 AM »
Godlike

Procyon (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Protea (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) - Protea doesn't really fear Procyon's offense that much.   Procyon certainy fears Magic Charge Ice Ball though.
Dark Knight (Bravely Default) vs Aeterna (I Am Setsuna) - BD can't block Stop?  BD can't block Stop.
Lugia (Pokémon) vs Cress Albane (Tales of Phantasia) - Lugia probably wishes the ToP damage average wasn't as unbalanced as it is.

Heavy

Sabin Rene Figaro (Final Fantasy VI) vs Estelle Bright (The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky) - Healstall untill 200 CP S-Craft at worst I suppose.  I don't really care to figure out where my Trails PC damage repsect is today but surely she can pull this off under the harshest set of interpretations that I'd find reasonable.
Demi (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millennium) vs Alicia Melchiott (Valkyria Chronicles) - e: eh on second thought Statis Beam probably is accurate enough to cause problems here, it's not like she needs to be -that- lucky with it or anything

Middle

Tio (Grandia II) vs Cryogonal (Pokémon) - Depends on who's faster, probably Tio though.
Umbreon (Pokémon) vs Setsuna (I Am Setsuna) - Confuse Ray/Screech strats claims a victim.  If I saw Umbreon as light-weak this might be different but I don't see fairy weakness translating as such.

Light

wow i can't vote on light for once
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 11:33:54 PM by Random Consonant »

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2016, 03:02:19 AM »
So...apathetic to this group

Godlike

Procyon (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Protea (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road)

Heavy

Demi (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millennium) vs Alicia Melchiott (Valkyria Chronicles)

Middle

Light

[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2016, 03:19:46 AM »
Godlike

Procyon (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Protea (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road): OHKOs with Magic Charge Ice Ball.

Heavy

Sabin Rene Figaro (Final Fantasy VI) vs Estelle Bright (The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky): Yeah, I don't think it even matters what Estelle view I use. Which is good because I don't know.

Middle

Nergal (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) vs Jiro (Blue Dragon): Heal until corporeal, I would think. Use Previve first turn to withstand a doubleturn.
Tio (Grandia II) vs Cryogonal (Pokémon): Yeah, Tio barely outspeeds Cryo first turn, and does 78%. But... Cryogonal uses Acid Armour, and Tio not nearly as fast turn 2 apparently, so she only outspeeds again if she uses Lotus Flower, which only does 20%. So Cryo heals for 50. Tio can now use Fast Dance and double with Lotus Flower, but even that combination only does 59%, which isn't fatal. From here Cryogonal controls the fight. Very, very close so I might be missing something, and obviously changes if you have any less respect for TB speed than me since uh Cryogonal is 120.6% speed beating out Tio's second turn at 120.5%. EDIT: Sure, see Dhyer.
Stantler (Pokémon) vs Black Mage (Final Fantasy Dimensions): Isn't OHKOed, uses Break/etc.

Light

Tim Rhymeless (Wild ARMs 2) vs Lymle Lemuri Phi (Star Ocean: The Last Hope): Lymle can go for silence, but it's really, really slow, such that Tim is faster and may land instant death first (less accurate, but going first helps should more than offset that, it's only 45% vs. 40%). If Lymle goes for offence instead... she only 3HKOs, or 2HKOs with Mindflare. So... Mindflare first, then heal-lock. She almost OHKOs, so Tim needs full healing, and instant death won't come fast enough here (only two shots isn't good enough for me). So Tim MUST open with a physical to build FP, then needs to use full healing from there. But that might work, if Justine OHKOs? And by my count, it... barely, barely does? Lymle won't double him before then (or quickly at all). Lymle can try to heal-lock with something weaker but that allows First Aid so probably not. So... the only problem left is that Tim has to "guess" correctly to start the fight: if he opens with an ID attempt he loses if Lymle goes for damage, and if he opens with a physical he loses if Lymle goes for status... maybe? He does still have a shot at Condition Green, but Lymle can win with Silence x2, Mindflare, two turns of offence, which if the first is weak doesn't give Tim enough time to get there. So... it's a guessing game. Both MAY win if they lose the guessing game by going for status when they shouldn't, that probably roughly offsets. Not really seeing a great tiebreaker. Anyone?
Thief (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Camille (Celestian Tale: Old North): Probably.
Delibird (Pokémon) vs Mack (Lost Odyssey): Has various healing/buffs he can use opposite Fly turns, which helps tilt the fight if Delibird's awful stats didn't. (And if you don't allow Fly... yikes.)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 07:55:34 AM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2016, 02:27:58 AM »
Heavy
Raftina (Wild ARMs 3) vs Zatanna (Justice League Heroes) - Zatanna has Slow/Transform as her main money ways of winning. Transform is out (bosses immune it in her own game - I'll wager to see it being shut down in other games as well), so that just leaves Slow. Is it enough? Raftina 4-3s on base I think, and she 2HKOs after Weaken. But Time Stop cuts speed by 75% though and Zatanna with a proper power point distribution can cast it, make it last a while, and do it more than once. Turn order I think goes like this:

Raftina (80 clockticks - casts Weaken)
Zatanna (100 clockticks - casts Time Stop)
Zatanna (200 clockticks - Basic combo)
Zatanna (300 clockticks - casts Protect)
Raftina (345 clockticks - Casts elemental spell)
Zatanna (400 clockticks - Basic combo)
Zatanna (500 clockticks - Basic combo)
Zatanna (600 clockticks - Basic combo; kills)

Zatanna appears to have around a 4HKO from my notes - could be lower but shouldn't matter. The turn split is  just too overwhelming. She should have enough Energy for this as long as you see Raftina somewhere around 1-1.2 PCHP. After Time Stop, Zatanna effectively triple turns average, so yeah, Raftina's healing isn't enough.

Middle
Tio (Grandia II) vs Cryogonal (Pokémon) - If the difference is only by 0.1%, I'm inclined to give Tio the bone here since Grandia 2 speed, while not perfect CTB - feels strong enough to it that I'll respect it slightly more than Turn based speed (see the initiative arguments in the DL Draft topic for a comparison!). Otherwise, NEB math saves me from looking things up.

Light
Rude (Final Fantasy VII) vs Judith (Tales of Vesperia) - No clue. I suspect Judy has this because Rude is kind of awful (especially if you're user Snowfire and have mass HP Pluses) but unless someone wants to  crunch this out, I doubt I will look it over to confirm my own suspicions.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 02:30:40 AM by Tide »
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2016, 03:02:56 AM »
Tio (Grandia II) vs Cryogonal (Pokémon): Yeah, Tio barely outspeeds Cryo first turn, and does 78%. But... Cryogonal uses Acid Armour, and Tio not nearly as fast turn 2 apparently, so she only outspeeds again if she uses Lotus Flower, which only does 20%. So Cryo heals for 50. Tio can now use Fast Dance and double with Lotus Flower, but even that combination only does 59%, which isn't fatal. From here Cryogonal controls the fight. Very, very close so I might be missing something, and obviously changes if you have any less respect for TB speed than me since uh Cryogonal is 120.6% speed beating out Tio's second turn at 120.5%.

Actually, 120.8% to be precise (120.5% is with slight rounding to make the average turn 2 speed 11.3. With 11.33, it's 120.85%).

Or she can use Demon Shuriken for a hint more speed is she has a clean 2HKO (No one else can equip any additional speed boosting, so even factoring the boost in, it likely puts Tio over since it's such a small amount).
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 03:21:08 AM by Dhyerwolf »
...into the nightfall.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2016, 04:44:10 PM »
Heavy

Demi (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millennium) vs Alicia Melchiott (Valkyria Chronicles)- Uh. Demi does heal lock here (Alicia durability is kind of bad and her healing is nonfull).  Demi is faster too.  It's possible that Alicia can run her out of healing/ITE damage but she needs a lot of calls to go in her favor. On top of that, Demi has sleep which can screw things up as well.

Light

Rude (Final Fantasy VII) vs Judith (Tales of Vesperia)- Rude's a Puny to me; Judith is very likely to smash this field real bad.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2016, 12:05:18 AM »
Godlike

Heavy
Edea Kramer (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Mimikyu (Pokémon)- Well, it's Pokemon, so even though I haven't played that gen...it's Pokemon and it needs at least a voter. Granted, Death makes this easy.

Middle

Light
Rude (Final Fantasy VII) vs Judith (Tales of Vesperia)- Yuck, Rude scaling. Abstain.

CK is not liking the Pokemon very much this week
...into the nightfall.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2016, 11:59:53 PM »
Godlike

Dark Knight (Bravely Default) vs Aeterna (I Am Setsuna)- No vote.
Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI) vs Rorolina Frixel (Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland)
Lugia (Pokémon) vs Cress Albane (Tales of Phantasia)- I'm not wholly sure how ToP handles combos and stuff to be entirely sure how good Cress is but I'll buy he has dark damage enough for this one.

Heavy

Demi (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millennium) vs Alicia Melchiott (Valkyria Chronicles)- Hrm.  No vote.
Edea Kramer (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Mimikyu (Pokémon)- I forget if Disguise blocks out ID (for one hit mind) but Mimikyu would be hard pressed to win even if that does work and it gets a 3/2 (which is a hell of a stretch but...) since it's damage is fairly mediocre.  So eh, sure.
Raftina (Wild ARMs 3) vs Zatanna (Justice League Heroes)- No vote.

Middle

Umbreon (Pokémon) vs Setsuna (I Am Setsuna)- No vote.

Light

Thief (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Camille (Celestian Tale: Old North)- No vote.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2016, 12:41:03 AM »

Godlike

Procyon (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Protea (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road)- iiiiii
Dark Knight (Bravely Default) vs Aeterna (I Am Setsuna)- ii
Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI) vs Rorolina Frixel (Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland)- ii
Lugia (Pokémon) vs Cress Albane (Tales of Phantasia)- iiiii

Heavy

Sabin Rene Figaro (Final Fantasy VI) vs Estelle Bright (The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky)- iiiiii
Demi (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millennium)- iiii vs Alicia Melchiott (Valkyria Chronicles)
Edea Kramer (Final Fantasy VIII)- ii vs Mimikyu (Pokémon)
Raftina (Wild ARMs 3) vs Zatanna (Justice League Heroes)- i

Middle

Nergal (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword)- i vs Jiro (Blue Dragon)- iii
Tio (Grandia II)- iiiiii vs Cryogonal (Pokémon)
Umbreon (Pokémon)- i vs Setsuna (I Am Setsuna)- i ([19:40] <CKDLbot> 10,0CmdrKing rolled :2,0 1d2 --> 3,0[ 1d2=1 ]4,0{1})
Stantler (Pokémon) vs Black Mage (Final Fantasy Dimensions)- ii

Light

Tim Rhymeless (Wild ARMs 2)- ii vs Lymle Lemuri Phi (Star Ocean: The Last Hope)- i
Thief (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Camille (Celestian Tale: Old North)- iii
Delibird (Pokémon) vs Mack (Lost Odyssey)- iiii
Rude (Final Fantasy VII)- i vs Judith (Tales of Vesperia)- iii