Author Topic: Munchkin League - Round 1A  (Read 1383 times)

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
Munchkin League - Round 1A
« on: November 15, 2015, 08:44:34 AM »
Alright, let's get this brawl started.  As before, everyone here is tweaked somewhere.

Pool A

Natto the Singing Swordsman vs. Wind God Jet
Klutz Master Laguna vs. Blind Bruiser Lucia
Trainee Ramza vs. True Spiritmaster (BD)
Sadistic Selphie vs. Magical Kongol (LoD)

Pool B

P-BOFF (Pigeott - Bred Only For Fighting) vs. Self-Healing Flonne
Vampire Viktor vs. Sorceress Rinoa
Seraphic Rena (SO2) vs. Grefdude
Distorted Labrynthia vs. Rainmaker Millich Oppenheimer

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
Re: Munchkin League - Round 1A
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 08:57:23 AM »
And here are the setups

Natto the Singing Swordsman
FFT Knight with Sing, MA Save, Move +3/Fly, no Gauntlet or Diamond Armlet but otherwise full store access

Wind God Jet
Equipped Gale Claw + Lucky Hand Mediums

Klutz Master Laguna
Has Siren and Status Junction - Confusion
Has single Status Defense Junction - no access to Death, Stop, Break, Aura, or Confusion (it's already junctioned to Status Attack)
Has Regen for casting, and Treatment as a command

Blind Bruiser Lucia
Has a Mind's Eye Equipped

Trainee Ramza
Locked in Ubersquire, can use all abilities from tier 1/2 jobs that cost 399 or less.
Knight: All breaks except Weapon and Armor, Weapon Guard
Archer: All Charges between +1 and +5
Chemist: X-Potion, all status heal items except Holy Water, Maintenance (Uh, relevant if he faces Izlude maybe? <_<), EQUIP CHANGE!!!
Priest: Cure, Cure 2, Protect, Shell, Regen, Wall, Esuna
Wizard: Fire/Ice/Bolt, Fire/Ice/Bolt 2

True Spiritmaster (BD)
Spiritmaster with access to mastered White Magic skills/abilities.  Equips rods and Hermes Sandles

Sadistic Selphie
Pain-Junction GO!!! [Poison/Dark/Silence]

Magical Kongol (LoD)
Add Legendary Casque (take 65% from Magic) or Magical Hat (50% more MP)
Bandit Shoes
Choice of Magic Ring (MA+30), Rainbow Earring (Status Immunity), Amulet (Double MP), or Wargod Sash (+50% SP)

P-BOFF (Pigeott - Bred Only For Fighting)
Jolly, Keen Eye, Brave Bird/Roost/Giga Impact/Feather Dance

Self-Healing Flonne
Has Lv5 Star/Heal spells

Vampire Viktor
Exertion Rune on Star Dragon Sword, Killer and Draining Runes on Viktor

Sorceress Rinoa
Has full stock of status and elemental magics, but no Magic command.  Has Item command and one Aura Stone.  Has one Status Defense Junction, cannot cast that spell.

Seraphic Rena (SO2)
Valkyrie Garb + Angel Armband

Grefdude
It's a Geodude, but with a twinked out aesthetic instead of stats.

Distorted Labrynthia
Enigmancer OOC, Fantastica OOC, Sentinel EQ, Def +25%, Res +25% - Equipped with Cuirass +6

Rainmaker Millich Oppenheimer
Has a Water Rune

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 07:56:52 PM »
Pool A

Natto the Singing Swordsman vs. Wind God Jet: For all the descirption, this is pretty much just a vanilla Knight with some near-irrelevant skillset options. Have to think Jet's evade game beats that.
Klutz Master Laguna vs. Blind Bruiser Lucia: FF8 confuse is apparently not as good as it is in many other FFs, still gives the afflicted a 50% chance to target correctly. Still, that could be decisive here, since Lucia can't block it. Lucia... should 2HKO Laguna, but Laguna goes first, and confuses her. Let's assume Lucia's first two turns are spent once on attacking each target. I think Lucia hitting herself once + three Laguna physicals should be fatal.
Trainee Ramza vs. True Spiritmaster (BD): Spiritmaster wants to set Maximize HP and Holy One for 2x HP and 2.5x healing. The huge problem, though, is overwhelming Ramza's own healing... Spirit Ward, then blitz with Holy should work? Although Ramza knows this is coming so uses Chameleon Robe + Aegis Shield, and now Spiritmaster blitzing is wretched. Have to think Scream + X-Potions wins from there, eventually Ramza will OHKO with a punch.
Sadistic Selphie vs. Magical Kongol (LoD): Rainbow Earring stops Selphie's nonsense, and his ability to control his combos means he should be able to avoid a limit.

Pool B

P-BOFF (Pigeott - Bred Only For Fighting) vs. Self-Healing Flonne: Well Disgaea magic isn't well-documented, but her durability and damage should both still be bad, I would think. But... Pidgeot isn't well-equipped to deal with healers since he can only chip with a 5PB "skip next turn" move or a "do damage to self" move... still, he'll win on a doubleturn, and he has a 5-4 against average. So can he keep Flonne busy for those first three turns? He'll need to Brave Bird three times... This will do ~80 damage to himself, or about half his HP. Do I think Flonne can KO half his HP at once? Uh... again, Star spells aren't documented... but it seems unlikely. I don't recall magic comparing too favourably with the high-end physical damage skills. It's possible she does KO... but it's also possible her healing isn't good enough? Good fight though.
Vampire Viktor vs. Sorceress Rinoa: Rinoa is faster, and Viktor... only 3HKOs her, unless he criticals on both his first two hits (unlikely). His draining is irrelevant since RInoa is going to Aura than fish for a limit, which will OHKO, and she has a lot of time to do so.
Seraphic Rena (SO2) vs. Grefdude: Geodude, not Golem? This is pretty much a bye...
Distorted Labrynthia vs. Rainmaker Millich Oppenheimer: Labby juuust misses nulling out Milich's offence with Protect, so that's out. Milich 3HKOs her. Labby will use Slow, immediately doubles as Milich now only has 62% of her speed or so. She'll probably use Feeble Mind since Milich can't threaten her before any turn she's about to double, as if he closes to attack she'll use Devastate x2 for the win. She does need to refresh Slow Down periodically, but I think she probably has this, since she gets more turns overall and has Weapon Block to help tilt things. Close though, may look at it more later.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Generations of suffering & all I got was a stick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 08:38:50 PM »

P-BOFF (Pigeott - Bred Only For Fighting) vs. Self-Healing Flonne - If anyone's got numbers for Flonne in this setup that'd be great. EDIT: Yep.
Seraphic Rena (SO2) vs. Grefdude - wat
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 10:38:08 PM by Laggy »
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2015, 10:02:45 PM »
This is not really scientific, but Flonne should have damage might be in the 200-300 range (my gut check). Star is decent, but of course is just the basic spell. This really is just a gut check though. It's not going to be better than Holy Arrows though (just cheaper). As such, this is really just Flonne with healing and a back up if she can't cast Holy Arrows due to MP cost. Still a middling Light.
...into the nightfall.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2015, 11:24:45 PM »
Pool A

Natto the Singing Swordsman vs. Wind God Jet - evade
Klutz Master Laguna vs. Blind Bruiser Lucia - Probably.  If nothing else it saves me from having to think about how I'd assess the downside to Mind's Eye.
Trainee Ramza vs. True Spiritmaster (BD) - Chameleon Robe + Aegis Shield makes Spiritmaster weep.
Sadistic Selphie vs. Magical Kongol (LoD) - Yeah probably.

Pool B

P-BOFF (Pigeott - Bred Only For Fighting) vs. Self-Healing Flonne - no.
Vampire Viktor vs. Sorceress Rinoa - no.
Seraphic Rena (SO2) vs. Grefdude - wat
Distorted Labrynthia vs. Rainmaker Millich Oppenheimer - Probably.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2015, 11:45:14 AM »
Pool A

Natto the Singing Swordsman vs. Wind God Jet - Evade.
Klutz Master Laguna vs. Blind Bruiser Lucia - Lucia curses her lack of Confusion blocking.
Trainee Ramza vs. True Spiritmaster (BD) - Aeroga doesn't really cut it for blitzing purposes and Spirit Ward alone gives Ramza a lot of turns to buff it out.
Sadistic Selphie vs. Magical Kongol (LoD) - Rainbow Moon Heartache.

Pool B

Vampire Viktor vs. Sorceress Rinoa - Yeah, Viktor pressure doesn't really cut it here.
Seraphic Rena (SO2) vs. Grefdude - why
Distorted Labrynthia vs. Rainmaker Millich Oppenheimer - Sure.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2015, 03:44:42 AM »
When it says that Rinoa has a full stock of all the elemental magicks, does that include the Tier 1 stuff?

I'd almost say she has just as much a chance of casting something that fails to OHKO Victor as she does to OHKO Victor, if that IS the case.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2015, 04:45:14 AM »
It's not my build, but I see no reason to assume Rinoa has something which makes her strictly weaker like that.

(Angelo Cannon probably OHKOs anyway, honestly, making it moot. FF8 limits: you get them, you tend to win, at least by my views. Selphie's the only person who may not, the key word being "may".)

Maybe.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2015, 06:53:23 AM »
Pool A

I guess.
What does Laguna get off Siren?  It sounded like the GF command was locked from the original description.  Regardless it's probably enough, confuse one of the rare statuses SH doesn't get.
Aegis Shield!!1!

Pool B

I'll buy Elf's hype.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2015, 03:16:45 AM »
Pool A

Trainee Ramza vs. True Spiritmaster (BD)- Yeah, Spiritmaster being completely reliant on Holy elemental damage doesn't work here.

Pool B

P-BOFF (Pigeott - Bred Only For Fighting) vs. Self-Healing Flonne- Yeah, adding healing doesn't really add a lot to Flonne's game since she still doesn't have anything else to really pair it with.
Vampire Viktor vs. Sorceress Rinoa- First off, I would suspect that Aura Stones may just put Rinoa at crisis level 1, so I'm not even sure what the rate of Angelo Cannon might be...but I guess she might have the turns to find out.
Distorted Labrynthia vs. Rainmaker Millich Oppenheimer- Yeah, this does seem relatively likely.
...into the nightfall.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2015, 03:20:16 AM »
Angelo Cannon is her weakest limit break. ... and uh wow, checking the stat topic there's a significant error there! I'll make a post about it.

Maybe.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2015, 05:13:32 AM »
Yeah, I meant Strike not Cannon. Regardless, I think that with Viktor's pressure ability, there's enough chance she'll see 1 Strike to not even need to think too hard about the Sorceress limit.
...into the nightfall.

DragonKnight Zero

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2015, 12:58:17 AM »
Natto the Singing Swordsman vs. Wind God Jet  Jet against an opponent dependent on evadable physicals for damage.  Hahahaha, even more so after Turbulence and fairly frequent criticals from Luck Plus.  MA Save makes Life Song healing better; Jet will have landed a  fatal 100 FP Gatling long before that becomes significant.

Crunched some numbers for Rinoa.  Aura at full HP gives a 61/256 chance of a Limit per roll.  At 60% HP with Aura, it's a lot better: 100% chance of accessing a Limit.  According to the FAQ, 51.8% HP with Aura is the breakpoint for a 50% chance of max crisis (which will deliver massive overkill to the field).

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2015, 02:09:07 PM »
Pool A

Klutz Master Laguna vs. Blind Bruiser Lucia - Assuming Laguna goes first, this is academic. 

Pool B

P-BOFF (Pigeott - Bred Only For Fighting) vs. Self-Healing Flonne
Vampire Viktor vs. Sorceress Rinoa - Considering the build, I completely forgot about the Angelo limits.  Yeah, those handle things just fine...  For most of the tournament, I suspect.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2015, 01:30:17 PM »
Pool A

Natto the Singing Swordsman vs. Wind God Jet- Knight offense is still pretty bad.
Trainee Ramza vs. True Spiritmaster (BD)[/b]- Aegis Shield+Cam Robe makes Spiritmaster sad.
Sadistic Selphie vs. Magical Kongol (LoD)- SELPHIE PHYSICAL DAMAGE VS KONGOL!!!!!!....nope.

Pool B

Vampire Viktor vs. Sorceress Rinoa- Aura makes Viktor sad.
Seraphic Rena (SO2) vs. Grefdude- Geodude couldn't limit bust?
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...