Register

Author Topic: RPGDL 2017 Season 2, Week 1  (Read 782 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
RPGDL 2017 Season 2, Week 1
« on: October 23, 2017, 02:29:25 AM »
Godlike

Elyon (Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter) vs Jowy Atreides (Suikoden II)
Shania (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Ashera (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)
Yuna (Final Fantasy X) vs Exdeath (Final Fantasy V)
Citan Uzuki (Xenogears) vs Odd Eye (Shining Force II)

Heavy

Raquel Applegate (Wild ARMs 4) vs Lady Harken (Wild ARMs)
Sierra Mikain (Suikoden II) vs Alicia (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria)
Lilka Eleniak (Wild ARMs 2) vs Izlude Tingel (Final Fantasy Tactics)
Galcian (Skies of Arcadia) vs Pirate (Bravely Default)

Middle

Stocke (Radiant Historia) vs Tia (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals)
Mitsuru Kirijo (Persona 3) vs Mallow (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)
Chloe Hartzog (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Vivi Ornitier (Final Fantasy IX)
Red XIII (Final Fantasy VII) vs Gale (Digital Devil Saga)

Light

Leonardo (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Celine Jules (Star Ocean: The Second Story)
Jogurt (Shining Force) vs White Mage (Bravely Default)
Peppor (Chrono Cross) vs Ace (Suikoden III)
Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Scarmiglione (Final Fantasy IV)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 11:32:19 PM by Cmdr_King »
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: RPGDL 2017 Season 2, Week 1
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 02:42:22 AM »
Godlike

Elyon (Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter) vs Jowy Atreides (Suikoden II)- A blowout either way. Elyon either gets OHKOed horribly or isn't and smashes Jowy into paste. I don't think I see Regents as scaled against Wyrm only so Jowy gets smashed.
Shania (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Ashera (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)- Uh probably? Shania might be able to pull it off but my strong kneejerk is that she runs out of gas.
Yuna (Final Fantasy X) vs Exdeath (Final Fantasy V)-  Stupid Fucking Tree doing Stupid Fucking Tree things and getting owned.
Citan Uzuki (Xenogears) vs Odd Eye (Shining Force II)- Citan can block sleep and he's seriously durable. Odd Eye's just outgunned here.

Heavy

Raquel Applegate (Wild ARMs 4) vs Lady Harken (Wild ARMs)- WA1o.
Sierra Mikain (Suikoden II) vs Alicia (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria)- I don't think I allow the ID blocking.
Lilka Eleniak (Wild ARMs 2) vs Izlude Tingel (Final Fantasy Tactics)- Breaks are really nasty in a long battle. I don't think Lilka can buff her magic attack stat either so that hurts her healing a lot. She can't afford to play around forever either, as Speed Break dropping her down will make the buffing worthless. He has an easy 2HKO to average and the threat of a critical hit means Lilka can't heal forever either.
Galcian (Skies of Arcadia) vs Pirate (Bravely Default)- Pirate's nasty but Galcian's too durable to make a blitz work. Even if I allow the ID blocker he's facing a massively uphill fight.

Middle

Chloe Hartzog (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Vivi Ornitier (Final Fantasy IX)- Bad matchup for Chloe even before dark defense comes into play.
Red XIII (Final Fantasy VII) vs Gale (Digital Devil Saga)- Better. Red 2HKOs average to me.

Light

Leonardo (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Celine Jules (Star Ocean: The Second Story)- Celine's a puny.
Jogurt (Shining Force) vs White Mage (Bravely Default)- Speaking of puny.
Peppor (Chrono Cross) vs Ace (Suikoden III)- Ace is boring and competent. Peppor might have like a 3HKO to average if he's lucky and he's not durable.
Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Scarmiglione (Final Fantasy IV)- Blocks Ice. Ugly.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 11:23:33 AM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 03:04:43 AM »
Godlike

Shania (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Ashera (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) - If Elfboy thinks this is right I'm not about to disagree, since he has higher Ashera respect than I do.

Heavy

Raquel Applegate (Wild ARMs 4) vs Lady Harken (Wild ARMs) - certainly beats the Lady Harken I can vote on anyways
Lilka Eleniak (Wild ARMs 2) vs Izlude Tingel (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Think Pyro has the right of it here, breaks aren't a reliable strategy and I'm not even sold on them helping much seeing as Lilka is faster and a single Mind Break shouldn't stop a 3HKO (though Izlude durability not an exact science).

Middle

Stocke (Radian Historia) vs Tia (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals) - Not really sure what Tia can do here, don't think she doubles often enough to power through the healstall and it's not like she can put him to sleep or anything.
Mitsuru Kirijo (Persona 3) vs Mallow (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) - Probably gets off Mind Charged Bufudyne or something, I'm not gonna think about this too hard.
Chloe Hartzog (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Vivi Ornitier (Final Fantasy IX) - oh hey it's ff9 equip nonsense how good of you to show up

Light

Leonardo (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Celine Jules (Star Ocean: The Second Story)
Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Scarmiglione (Final Fantasy IV) - sadly, he absorbs ice
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 11:02:27 PM by Random Consonant »

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 05:22:40 AM »
Godlike
Shania (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Ashera (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) - I doubt Shania can do this the entire time in Tirawa. If she Sunflares, she's going to take massive reflected damage and probably die. If she tries to take them out at time, she's at a big risk of running out of SP before taking out all the auras. So the question is, can one of La Sirene/Thunderbird/Tatan'aka let her take this? My kneejerk says no.
Yuna (Final Fantasy X) vs Exdeath (Final Fantasy V) - RIP Tree

Heavy
Raquel Applegate (Wild ARMs 4) vs Lady Harken (Wild ARMs) - ACF form makes this fight pretty damn close. They are like mirror images of each other in many ways. Both have a killer limit (Red Zone Intrude vs. Maximum Risk). Both have good accuracy. Both have decent raw evade. Both counter and have blocker. However, Harken has one notable advantage: better speed. Harken Tempest probably nulls counters since its GT and while Raquel can use Exorcism in kind, the speed disadvantage means she'll always be behind in damage. By the time Red Zone kicks in, it's probably too late. She has to chip perfectly too since even if she uses Dragon Edge for healing, there's a risk that it puts her in the wrong threshold and Harken just kills via Maximum Risk in the follow up.
Sierra Mikain (Suikoden II) vs Alicia (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria) - Can't vote, but Alicia can block ID from drops if you allow them. Don't think she has significant Dark blocking though which I think she needs to swing this in her favour.
Lilka Eleniak (Wild ARMs 2) vs Izlude Tingel (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Burping Super. Lilka needs a few turns to get going and I think Izlude landing a couple of key breaks in the early going makes them matter way too much in the protracted fight.

Middle
Mitsuru Kirijo (Persona 3) vs Mallow (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) - I like how Mallow missing Fire out of the big 3 elements is pretty much what costs him. He just gets horribly out resourced here.
Chloe Hartzog (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Vivi Ornitier (Final Fantasy IX) - Dark nulling = Chloe emo tears.

Light
Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Scarmiglione (Final Fantasy IV) - Well Glaceration exists. Buuuuuuuut yeah, no.
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 01:25:14 PM »
Re Lilka and Izlude: Breaks are a bad idea for him? It takes 2 shots to land one, they aren't decisive, and Lilka is going first+ 3HKOing at worst.

• Suggests the birth of an abomination
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 02:29:49 PM »
Echoing Pyro here: yeah.  These aren't LFT breaks.  They...kind of suck.  The real question would be if Izlude heal-locks with his physicals or not
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.
 <@Elecman> Seems reasonable.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2017, 01:10:39 AM »
Godlike

Elyon (Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter) vs Jowy Atreides (Suikoden II). Ohko or something. Just like in game!
Shania (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Ashera (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn). Does Shania OHKO the shields? Do they reflect damage vs MT? If she can KO the magic shields with physicals and then MT KO the physical shields with magic that might happen fast enough? Then a double finishes off Ashera herself. I think ONE of these works in Shania's favor
Yuna (Final Fantasy X) vs Exdeath (Final Fantasy V) even castle.
Citan Uzuki (Xenogears) vs Odd Eye (Shining Force II): I think the speed is good enough? Odd eye double acts good damage though.... Need to look...

Heavy

Raquel Applegate (Wild ARMs 4) vs Lady Harken (Wild ARMs): Need to play ACF someday.
Sierra Mikain (Suikoden II) vs Alicia (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria): isn't OHKOd and blocks ID? Sierra has parasitic healing too but I don't know if a double of menu use is in order.
Lilka Eleniak (Wild ARMs 2) vs Izlude Tingel (Final Fantasy Tactics): If he tries to break she kills with damage. If he tries to attack she heals it away and gets FP and CT.
Galcian (Skies of Arcadia) vs Pirate (Bravely Default): way too much durability.

Middle

Stocke (Radian Historia) vs Tia (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals)
Mitsuru Kirijo (Persona 3) vs Mallow (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)
Chloe Hartzog (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Vivi Ornitier (Final Fantasy IX): Elemental BS.
Red XIII (Final Fantasy VII) vs Gale (Digital Devil Saga): Blocks ID.

Light

Leonardo (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Celine Jules (Star Ocean: The Second Story): I... think?
Peppor (Chrono Cross) vs Ace (Suikoden III): Just so average.
Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Scarmiglione (Final Fantasy IV): Oh come on. Glacieration can't help huh?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 02:45:14 AM by Pyro »

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2017, 02:59:15 AM »
Shania (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Ashera (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)
I am inclined to not let Ashera's damage reflection trigger against MT attacks because it's kinda unclear, and because it makes it slightly less impossible for PCs to win.  (I guess MT attacks skip some PC-side skills in-game anyway...  can the likes of Miracle trigger?).  So maybe Shania can get something done with Sun Flare?  Problem is, she's Light-weak and gonna get smacked around on Ashera's opening turn (she has enough range I'm willing to hype this), then absolutely must Zephyr for healing, which isn't full and also surely DOES trigger the snapback counter.  If that is seen as happening after the healing, she can maybe double it to survive?  But then she just gets insta-double turned and dies from that.  So even Sun Flare > damage reflect hype doesn't save her I suspect.  (Unless Ashera's light elemental stuff can't be used at range?)

Heavy

I use Pyro's damage averages for VP2, and am inclined to be harsh on S2 damage averages for rune users, and Sierra still seems like she has this with no need for ID hype?  Okay, option one, get a double off in 11 round from just emptying dark magic into Alicia constantly.  She's only barely faster than average, so this doesn't work, but maybe if you have super TB speed respect (138 vs. 130).  However, she doesn't NEED this; she can just do things like
Sierra: Attack
Alicia: Full combo
Sierra: Drain
Alicia: Reduced combo w/ heal (Sierra kills if she doesn't Heal)
Sierra: Attack
(repeat until Soul Steal runs out)
But actually don't exactly do that, mix in some
Sierra: damage
Alicia: Reduced combo w/ heal
Even with the better damage average for Alicia, Heal combo + full combo shouldn't KO, so Sierra can do tricks like Final Bell -> Heal -> Final Bell -> Heal -> Soul Steal.

So yeah, Sierra has something like ~17 turns to find a double turn.  She can surely manage THAT.

Sure, haste-heal.
Galcian (Skies of Arcadia) vs Pirate (Bravely Default)
Unfortunately.

Middle

At absolute worst, heal into a limit if there's some IP shenanigans afoot.

Light

Surely Leo can handle THIS.
White Mage wouldn't hurt a poor defenseless emperor.
Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Scarmiglione (Final Fantasy IV)
Insert usual reminder that Milon - at least the FF4o version - is HILARIOUSLY BAD so if Lily isn't 100% walled, she may have a shot anyway.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2017, 03:19:58 AM »
Godlike

Shania (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Ashera (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) - Resource woes. I think I'd allow the MT to get around the counters, but I don't think she has enough gas for that.

Heavy

Galcian (Skies of Arcadia) vs Pirate (Bravely Default) - Hmm... don't remember Galcian well enough anymore.

Middle

Stocke (Radian Historia) vs Tia (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals) - Limit hype?
Chloe Hartzog (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Vivi Ornitier (Final Fantasy IX) - Today's theme: Elemental walling MK2

Light

Leonardo (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Celine Jules (Star Ocean: The Second Story) - I think even my 'favorable to ARPG mages' view falls on Leo's side this time.
Jogurt (Shining Force) vs White Mage (Bravely Default) - But really, Jogurt is the winner in our hearts.
Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Scarmiglione (Final Fantasy IV) - Elemental walling MK2 Mk.II!

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2017, 09:33:41 AM »
Godlike

Elyon (Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter) vs Jowy Atreides (Suikoden II)
Shania (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Ashera (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)- Shania gives it a pretty good fight

Heavy

Sierra Mikain (Suikoden II) vs Alicia (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria)- Noooooo to Sierra doubling hype (she's +.13 SD above average). As is, she doesn't have the charges to match Heal
Galcian (Skies of Arcadia) vs Pirate (Bravely Default)- Although Pirate comes close

Middle

Chloe Hartzog (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Vivi Ornitier (Final Fantasy IX)
Red XIII (Final Fantasy VII) vs Gale (Digital Devil Saga)

Light

...into the nightfall.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2017, 11:29:43 PM »
Godlike

Elyon (Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter) vs Jowy Atreides (Suikoden II) - I don't think Jowy OHKOs and that's that?
Shania (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Ashera (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) - I'll buy Snowfire's breakdown
Yuna (Final Fantasy X) vs Exdeath (Final Fantasy V) - Let's play a game of "does Yuna win even if you don't scale the boss". Answer here...is yes. Aeons are silly.
Citan Uzuki (Xenogears) vs Odd Eye (Shining Force II) - block sleep and surely he can keep himself afloat with haste healing. Citan is kinda hard to beat if you can't status him out or just splatter him.

Heavy

Raquel Applegate (Wild ARMs 4) vs Lady Harken (Wild ARMs) - Not gonna disagree with Tide on a WA vs WA match.
Sierra Mikain (Suikoden II) vs Alicia (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria) - I'd surely like to vote the other way, but I don't see the double happening before she runs out of gas.
Lilka Eleniak (Wild ARMs 2) vs Izlude Tingel (Final Fantasy Tactics) - are we sure we can't vote on LFT?
Galcian (Skies of Arcadia) vs Pirate (Bravely Default) - surely

Middle

Stocke (Radian Historia) vs Tia (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals) - I'll buy the heal to limit argument, sure. Not too big on Tia respect
Mitsuru Kirijo (Persona 3) vs Mallow (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) - Fairly one sided
Chloe Hartzog (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Vivi Ornitier (Final Fantasy IX) - didn'yt play this side of MK
Red XIII (Final Fantasy VII) vs Gale (Digital Devil Saga) - is surely faster and I don't think Gale can really work around a limit threat while still being trheatening

Light

Leonardo (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Celine Jules (Star Ocean: The Second Story) - Leonardo wins this handily, in sentences I didn't expect to actually have to type.
Jogurt (Shining Force) vs White Mage (Bravely Default) - nama.txt
Peppor (Chrono Cross) vs Ace (Suikoden III) - pepporbox kinda hurts but not enough to actually do the job.
Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Scarmiglione (Final Fantasy IV) - tempted to just vote for Lily anyway on a whim, but gotta actually be reasonable here, she just absolutely chokes against someone who blocks her element.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2017, 08:55:14 PM »
Godlike

Elyon (Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter) vs Jowy Atreides (Suikoden II): This is actually kinda close. Elyon is faster but he can't summon his clones since Jowy MT OHKOs them, so he needs to 2HKO Jowy and he... probably does with his magic (think Jowy has enough evade to survive Elyon's physicals which have some accuracy woes). Checking, yeah, it's clear enough, Jowy mdur is only mildly above average.
Shania (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Ashera (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn): Ashera can solidly 2HKO each turn but she's only average speed, so Shania has time to buff and heal out of trouble. SP's not an issue because she has Howling. MP... maybe? But with all her extra turns she gets buffed I think she can manage.
Yuna (Final Fantasy X) vs Exdeath (Final Fantasy V): There's something rather cathartic about a powerful Final Fantasy PC making a a on-paper-power-but-actually-super-easy Final Fantasy boss look like a chump.
Citan Uzuki (Xenogears) vs Odd Eye (Shining Force II): Also pretty close I think. Citan can block sleep though it comes at a speed hit... after Haste he still gets more turns than Odd Eye though. Odd Eye probably just misses the 2HKO on Citan's bulky HP which gives him some freedom to win the haste-heal, I think.

Heavy

Raquel Applegate (Wild ARMs 4) vs Lady Harken (Wild ARMs): Don't see how Raquel can ignore a killer Maximum Risk. It being ITE salts the match away. Harken has a far easier time avoiding Red Zone by contrast.
Sierra Mikain (Suikoden II) vs Alicia (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria): Yeah I doubt the doubling happens in time. Maybe if Alicia were locked into using Fairy Garb the dark weakness would be too much, but she can remove that.
Lilka Eleniak (Wild ARMs 2) vs Izlude Tingel (Final Fantasy Tactics): Best-case scenario for Izlude is that he's faster, but even then Lilka beats him with a haste-heal. If he goes for breaks... which? Speed Break doesn't really offset Quick, and he's not that magically durable so he can't afford to give Lilka free turns to hit him with.

Middle

Stocke (Radiant Historia) vs Tia (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals): It's been said.
Chloe Hartzog (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Vivi Ornitier (Final Fantasy IX): As annoying as FF9 elemental blockers are, this one is at least very reasonable to run in-game.
Red XIII (Final Fantasy VII) vs Gale (Digital Devil Saga): Gale's pretty much only Middle due to Mudo, which doesn't matter here. Red wins a slugfest.

Light

Leonardo (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Celine Jules (Star Ocean: The Second Story): Leo's mdur isn't totally embarrassing, he probably 3HKOs first or something.
Jogurt (Shining Force) vs White Mage (Bravely Default): Hi Jogurt.
Peppor (Chrono Cross) vs Ace (Suikoden III): We do need Peppor stats! But while I think he's okay, Ace is most likely better.
Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Scarmiglione (Final Fantasy IV): Milon isn't THAT bad, he 4HKOs average off good speed and nearly 2PCHP. Glaceration isn't winning this slugfest.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2017, 10:56:48 PM »
Damn forums won't let me post.  Short version:

Elyon (Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter)
 Ashera (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)
Yuna (Final Fantasy X)
Odd Eye (Shining Force II)

Heavy

Lady Harken (Wild ARMs)
Sierra Mikain (Suikoden II)
Lilka Eleniak (Wild ARMs 2)
Galcian (Skies of Arcadia)

Middle

Tia (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals)
Mitsuru Kirijo (Persona 3)
Vivi Ornitier (Final Fantasy IX)
Red XIII (Final Fantasy VII)

Light

Leonardo (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)
White Mage (Bravely Default)
Ace (Suikoden III)
Scarmiglione (Final Fantasy IV)
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2017, 06:42:26 PM »
Yuna (Final Fantasy X) vs Exdeath (Final Fantasy V) - Sblorch.
Citan Uzuki (Xenogears) vs Odd Eye (Shining Force II) - Yeah, I'm buying the arguments. Doesn't help that Citan might well 2HKO...

Raquel Applegate (Wild ARMs 4) vs Lady Harken (Wild ARMs) - Raquel actually can't bypass Blocker and retain a 2HKO, which is bad news to start (Harken thanks the stars for her slightly above average pdur). Can't imagine she won't land that nice breezy Maximum Risk OHKO.
Sierra Mikain (Suikoden II) vs Alicia (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria) - Off my turn-based speed thresholds, which are pretty much the most generous around, Sierra's 103% average speed. Yeah, she's running out of charges weeeeeeeeeeeeell before a double.
Lilka Eleniak (Wild ARMs 2) vs Izlude Tingel (Final Fantasy Tactics) - I can't help but think Izlude just gets his ass 2HKOed if he attempts breaks and even one misses... and he takes a long time to make them stick, in stark comparison to Lilka's utrafast numeric stacking.

Stocke (Radiant Historia) vs Tia (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals) - Yeah, sure.
Mitsuru Kirijo (Persona 3) vs Mallow (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) - Casts Mind Charge, heal-locks with a physical. Mallow wishes he had ice res.
Chloe Hartzog (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Vivi Ornitier (Final Fantasy IX) - FF9 equipment nonsense. At least this one is endgame-worthy.
Red XIII (Final Fantasy VII) vs Gale (Digital Devil Saga) - Gale without Mudo isn't great.

Jogurt (Shining Force) vs White Mage (Bravely Default) - Overlord!
Peppor (Chrono Cross) vs Ace (Suikoden III) - Maybe?
Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Scarmiglione (Final Fantasy IV) - Yeah, Lily's durability is just so problematic and Scarmy's actually not a -horrible- Light. He 3-4HKOs and Lily likely can't 4HKO him back with Glaceration, his durability's actually pretty good. Truth be told, I don't think she'd win even if he didn't absorb Ice.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2017, 11:15:58 PM »
Godlike

Elyon (Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter)- iiiii vs Jowy Atreides (Suikoden II)- i
Shania (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)- iii vs Ashera (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)- iiiiiii
Yuna (Final Fantasy X)- iiiiiiiiiii vs Exdeath (Final Fantasy V)
Citan Uzuki (Xenogears)- iiiiiii vs Odd Eye (Shining Force II)- i

Heavy

Raquel Applegate (Wild ARMs 4)- iiii vs Lady Harken (Wild ARMs)- iiiiii
Sierra Mikain (Suikoden II)- iiii vs Alicia (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria)- iiiii
Lilka Eleniak (Wild ARMs 2)- iiiiiiiii vs Izlude Tingel (Final Fantasy Tactics)- ii
Galcian (Skies of Arcadia)- iiiiii vs Pirate (Bravely Default)

Middle

Stocke (Radiant Historia)- iiiiiii vs Tia (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals)- i
Mitsuru Kirijo (Persona 3)- iiiiiiii vs Mallow (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)
Chloe Hartzog (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Vivi Ornitier (Final Fantasy IX)- iiiiiiiii
Red XIII (Final Fantasy VII)- iiiiiii vs Gale (Digital Devil Saga)

Light

Leonardo (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)- iiiiiiiii vs Celine Jules (Star Ocean: The Second Story)
Jogurt (Shining Force)- i vs White Mage (Bravely Default)- iiiiiiiii
Peppor (Chrono Cross) vs Ace (Suikoden III)- iiiiiiiii
Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Scarmiglione (Final Fantasy IV)- iiiiiiiiii
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.