Author Topic: Music Tournament of DOOM 2017- Round 3, Topic 1  (Read 1670 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Music Tournament of DOOM 2017- Round 3, Topic 1
« on: November 25, 2017, 05:38:19 PM »
Now that we're past the first few rounds and people have had a chance to get a little more familiar with the songs, we're squashing down the topics a bit and putting more matches in each.  Next week will (probably) see the rest of Round 2 close, so get that done if you haven't!

Round 1

Dark Souls- Nameless Song vs Granblue Fantasy- New World Order
Undertale- Death by Glamour vs Trails of Cold Steel II- Phantasmal Blaze
Ys: The Oath in Felghana- The Strongest Foe vs Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria- How Wicked Ruler
Fire Emblem Fates- The End of All vs Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals- For the Savior

Mega Man 2- Wily Stage 1+2 vs Wild ARMs XF- Intrude Upon Happiness, Plunder the Future
Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies- Megalith ~Agnus Dei~ vs Tales of Xillia 2- If It’s For You ~Song 4 u~
Chrono Trigger- Singing Mountain vs Deemo- The Witch’s Invitation
Shovel Knight- Strike the Earth! Plans of Passage vs Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War- The Unsung War

Imperishable Night- Love-Colored Master Spark vs Berserk Millennium Empire Arc: Chapter of the Holy Demon War- Sign
Chrono Trigger- Battle with Magus vs NieR- The Wretched Automatons
BlazBlue Continuum Shift- Condemnation Wings vs Persona 5- Rivers in the Desert
Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk- Guidance vs Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth- Footsteps of Time

Halo Wars- Insignificantia (All Sloppy- No Joe) vs Tales of Graces- To a Sea of Dancing Snow
White Knight Chronicles 2 - The Battlefield Flower (Violin Version) vs Adventures of Mana- Battle II
Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy- God In Fire vs Wild ARMs 5- At the Frozen Depths of the Heart
Xenoblade Chronicles- Snowy Valak Mountain vs Star Control 2: Yehat Theme
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
Re: Music Tournament of DOOM 2017- Round 3, Topic 1
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 08:11:11 PM »
Ys: The Oath in Felghana- The Strongest Foe vs Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria- How Wicked Ruler
Fire Emblem Fates- The End of All vs Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals- For the Savior

Mega Man 2- Wily Stage 1+2 vs Wild ARMs XF- Intrude Upon Happiness, Plunder the Future
Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies- Megalith ~Agnus Dei~ vs Tales of Xillia 2- If It’s For You ~Song 4 u~
Shovel Knight- Strike the Earth! Plans of Passage vs Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War- The Unsung War

Imperishable Night- Love-Colored Master Spark vs Berserk Millennium Empire Arc: Chapter of the Holy Demon War- Sign
Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk- Guidance vs Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth- Footsteps of Time

Halo Wars- Insignificantia (All Sloppy- No Joe) vs Tales of Graces- To a Sea of Dancing Snow
White Knight Chronicles 2 - The Battlefield Flower (Violin Version) vs Adventures of Mana- Battle II
Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy- God In Fire vs Wild ARMs 5- At the Frozen Depths of the Heart

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2017, 08:47:41 PM »
Dark Souls- Nameless Song vs Granblue Fantasy- New World Order - Talk about magnitudes of difference.  Very different songs, the latter is decent, the former is better on repeated listens
Undertale- Death by Glamour vs Trails of Cold Steel II- Phantasmal Blaze - Death by Glamour is better as I listen to it more, but still not high-tier for me
Ys: The Oath in Felghana- The Strongest Foe vs Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria- How Wicked Ruler - Man, another 2 good ones.  The latter really fits the character, so context?
Fire Emblem Fates- The End of All vs Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals- For the Savior - Yet again, another good match.=

Mega Man 2- Wily Stage 1+2 vs Wild ARMs XF- Intrude Upon Happiness, Plunder the Future - And again
Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies- Megalith ~Agnus Dei~ vs Tales of Xillia 2- If It’s For You ~Song 4 u~ - Uh...wow.  Cointoss.  I like them both, both of them are really top tier. 
Chrono Trigger- Singing Mountain vs Deemo- The Witch’s Invitation  - Singing Mountain...wins.  The latter is irritating to listen to, weirdly (could swear I liked it more before, but it's worse on repeated listens)
Shovel Knight- Strike the Earth! Plans of Passage vs Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War- The Unsung War - Sped up a little, I think the latter would be better

Imperishable Night- Love-Colored Master Spark vs Berserk Millennium Empire Arc: Chapter of the Holy Demon War- Sign - Eh, ambivalent
Chrono Trigger- Battle with Magus vs NieR- The Wretched Automatons - Iconic AF
BlazBlue Continuum Shift- Condemnation Wings vs Persona 5- Rivers in the Desert - Nice try, BlazBlue
Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk- Guidance vs Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth- Footsteps of Time - I really do like the former, but prefer the latter

Halo Wars- Insignificantia (All Sloppy- No Joe) vs Tales of Graces- To a Sea of Dancing Snow - Mmm...again, would be happy with both
White Knight Chronicles 2 - The Battlefield Flower (Violin Version) vs Adventures of Mana- Battle II - ...holy shit, both with awesome violin.  Uh...goddamn, coinflip again!
Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy- God In Fire vs Wild ARMs 5- At the Frozen Depths of the Heart - I just...do not like God in Fire
Xenoblade Chronicles- Snowy Valak Mountain vs Star Control 2: Yehat Theme - SPACE PTERODACTLYS
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Technetium43

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 05:39:44 AM »
Undertale- Death by Glamour vs Trails of Cold Steel II- Phantasmal Blaze: A l e g exists somewhere. You are filled with determination.
Ys: The Oath in Felghana- The Strongest Foe vs Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria- How Wicked Ruler: How Wicked Ruler is really really good.
Fire Emblem Fates- The End of All vs Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals- For the Savior: Fire Emblem Fates music, at least the ones in the tournament, seem to be very solid overall so far. I'm impressed.

Mega Man 2- Wily Stage 1+2 vs Wild ARMs XF- Intrude Upon Happiness, Plunder the Future: Wily continues to be classic for a reason.
Chrono Trigger- Singing Mountain vs Deemo- The Witch’s Invitation: Own nom bias straight up.
Shovel Knight- Strike the Earth! Plans of Passage vs Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War- The Unsung War: Would definitely love to see Shovel Knight music more, so I'll toss a vote when I can.

Imperishable Night- Love-Colored Master Spark vs Berserk Millennium Empire Arc: Chapter of the Holy Demon War- Sign: Love-Colored Master Spark continues to be fun.
Chrono Trigger- Battle with Magus vs NieR- The Wretched Automatons: In contrast with Wily above, in this case I'd rather give it to the less classic one. And also I might be slightly bitter at Battle with Magus for 'welcome to Godlike'-ing my nom. :P
BlazBlue Continuum Shift- Condemnation Wings vs Persona 5- Rivers in the Desert: Rivers in the Desert exists somewhere.
Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk- Guidance vs Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth- Footsteps of Time : Footsteps of Time is like, the sleeper hit of this competition I feel.

White Knight Chronicles 2 - The Battlefield Flower (Violin Version) vs Adventures of Mana- Battle II: This... is hard. Sorry Battle II/
Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy- God In Fire vs Wild ARMs 5- At the Frozen Depths of the Heart: God In Fire is fun, at least enough to take this.
Xenoblade Chronicles- Snowy Valak Mountain vs Star Control 2: Yehat Theme: Unfort.

DragonKnight Zero

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 12:46:24 AM »
I wonder if there's been a mixup or switchup with Deemo: Witch's Invitation.  I don't remember it well enough to say for certain but it feels like a different track than before.

Dark Souls- Nameless Song vs Granblue Fantasy- New World Order  Wins by being distinctive.  Guess I wasn't in a slow-paced mood today.
Undertale- Death by Glamour vs Trails of Cold Steel II- Phantasmal Blaze  Plays to my tastes more.  It's my favorite of the first pool for a reason.
Ys: The Oath in Felghana- The Strongest Foe vs Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria- How Wicked Ruler  About equal for me.  "Not the regular boss theme" is my deciding factor here.  And yet, this isn't the most outlandish reason for a vote for me this round.
Fire Emblem Fates- The End of All vs Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals- For the Savior  Familiarity doesn't always win.  Think this one feels stronger.

Mega Man 2- Wily Stage 1+2 vs Wild ARMs XF- Intrude Upon Happiness, Plunder the Future  It's not that clearcut for me, I'm really enjoying both.  Over a decade of sound tech advancement puts on a strong showing.  What Wily 1 has going for it is a timeless quality and that it directly inspired one of my noms.  The deciding factor for me here?  Wiggling eyebrows
Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies- Megalith ~Agnus Dei~ vs Tales of Xillia 2- If It’s For You ~Song 4 u~  Hmm, epic or pop?  Going with the epic feel this time.
Chrono Trigger- Singing Mountain vs Deemo- The Witch’s Invitation  Looking back at round 1, Witch's Invitation was in one of those matchups where I didn't care for either piece that much.  Trying the link there got "This video is unavailable" which explains the change.  Oh well, enough to go on to feel good about my vote here.
Shovel Knight- Strike the Earth! Plans of Passage vs Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War- The Unsung War  I suppose I tend to prefer my game tunes sounding gamey.  Most of the time, anyways.

Imperishable Night- Love-Colored Master Spark
vs Berserk Millennium Empire Arc: Chapter of the Holy Demon War- Sign  i'll accept this witch's invitation; it will be a lively encounter.
Chrono Trigger- Battle with Magus vs NieR- The Wretched Automatons  Mixed up Wretched Automations with Wretched Weaponry.  OK, this isn't really close.  Going with the familiar.  Also a matchup between Magus' theme song and Marisa's will make for interesting commentary.
BlazBlue Continuum Shift- Condemnation Wings vs Persona 5- Rivers in the Desert  It feels like pop to me, though maybe it's more of a hybrid.  Anyways, puts on a better showing whereas Condemnation Wings doesn't make any sort of impression with me, good or bad.
Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk- Guidance vs Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth- Footsteps of Time  Both are new to me and I find I like them both.  Going to be a lot more tough choices between two I really like.  "Ayesha is cute" is my deciding factor even though that has nothing to do with the music.

Halo Wars- Insignificantia (All Sloppy- No Joe) vs Tales of Graces- To a Sea of Dancing Snow  Though I feel this is an average piece, it amuses me to have it coast because it keeps getting favorable draws.  Either would likely lose the following round but whatever.
White Knight Chronicles 2 - The Battlefield Flower (Violin Version) vs Adventures of Mana- Battle II  Both high quality picks, feel that Battlefield Flower reaches the higher level of it.  Good hustle.
Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy- God In Fire vs Wild ARMs 5- At the Frozen Depths of the Heart  Favor the chill feel here.  It seems I'm repeating myself.
Xenoblade Chronicles- Snowy Valak Mountain vs Star Control 2: Yehat Theme   An unfortunate draw for Snowy Valek Mountain: Having already cast votes for two other slow paced snowy pieces, I find myself favoring the energy of Yehat Theme.  They're about equal to me otherwise.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 08:26:36 AM by DragonKnight Zero »

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 08:54:44 AM »

BlazBlue Continuum Shift- Condemnation Wings vs Persona 5- Rivers in the Desert - Ugh, this match, is painful, in a bad way, to vote on.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2017, 03:34:50 PM »
Dark Souls- Nameless Song vs Granblue Fantasy- New World Order - NWO continues to impress for being a freaking mobile game song.
Undertale- Death by Glamour vs Trails of Cold Steel II- Phantasmal Blaze - Death By Glamour has to carry on representing funky UT music since Dummy lost.
Ys: The Oath in Felghana- The Strongest Foe vs Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria- How Wicked Ruler - I wouldn't say How Wicked Ruler is the strongest foe, but it's strong enough to win here.
Fire Emblem Fates- The End of All vs Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals- For the Savior - End of All might be the one piece I'm feeling is most champ powered that isn't one of my noms.

Mega Man 2- Wily Stage 1+2 vs Wild ARMs XF- Intrude Upon Happiness, Plunder the Future - Honestly the title of the latter song almost sounds like something out of Dr. Wily's playbook. Someone is happy? Break that shit up RIGHT now~
Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies- Megalith ~Agnus Dei~ vs Tales of Xillia 2- If It’s For You ~Song 4 u~ - this one could easily swing based on my mood when voting, I'll be honest. This one takes it rn though.
Chrono Trigger- Singing Mountain vs Deemo- The Witch’s Invitation - on a relisten, I like this more than I thought I did. Though I'm gonna echo DK0 here, is this the same song that was linked for it before? I don't remember listening to this before...
Shovel Knight- Strike the Earth! Plans of Passage vs Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War- The Unsung War - erry day I'm shovelin'

Imperishable Night- Love-Colored Master Spark vs Berserk Millennium Empire Arc: Chapter of the Holy Demon War- Sign -
Chrono Trigger- Battle with Magus vs NieR- The Wretched Automatons - Magus continues to leave a path of destruction in its wake.
BlazBlue Continuum Shift- Condemnation Wings vs Persona 5- Rivers in the Desert - easy match here
Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk- Guidance vs Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth- Footsteps of Time - wait, the Okami song lost? Damn. I mean, Footsteps of Time is great too and easily wins this, but still. Damn.

Halo Wars- Insignificantia (All Sloppy- No Joe) vs Tales of Graces- To a Sea of Dancing Snow - sure
White Knight Chronicles 2 - The Battlefield Flower (Violin Version) vs Adventures of Mana- Battle II - Battle 2 had a good run.
Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy- God In Fire vs Wild ARMs 5- At the Frozen Depths of the Heart - own nom vs pseudo nom. Sorry Cid.
Xenoblade Chronicles- Snowy Valak Mountain vs Star Control 2: Yehat Theme - continues to groove its way through, though it has been getting pretty softball draws.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2017, 07:08:13 PM »

Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies- Megalith ~Agnus Dei~ vs Tales of Xillia 2- If It’s For You ~Song 4 u~: Capstone of a good game vs the only redeeming thing of another.  The latter gets it. 

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2017, 03:09:15 AM »
Dang, I missed set 4 and would have anti-voted the hatbot tiebreak both times.  Oh well.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2017, 08:58:44 AM »

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2017, 12:44:30 AM »
Lots of "They're both cool so I don't mind either way" matches coming down the pike at this point.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 01:20:18 AM by El Cideon »

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2017, 09:34:23 PM »
Dark Souls- Nameless Song- ii vs Granblue Fantasy- New World Order- iiiiii
Undertale- Death by Glamour- iiii vs Trails of Cold Steel II- Phantasmal Blaze- iiiiii
Ys: The Oath in Felghana- The Strongest Foe- iii vs Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria- How Wicked Ruler- iiiiii
Fire Emblem Fates- The End of All- iiii vs Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals- For the Savior - iiiii

Mega Man 2- Wily Stage 1+2- iiiiiii vs Wild ARMs XF- Intrude Upon Happiness, Plunder the Future - iii
Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies- Megalith ~Agnus Dei~- iiii vs Tales of Xillia 2- If It’s For You ~Song 4 u~ - iiii [16:33] <CKDLbot> 10,0CmdrKing rolled :2,0 1d2 --> 3,0[ 1d2=1 ]4,0{1}
Chrono Trigger- Singing Mountain- iiii vs Deemo- The Witch’s Invitation - iiiiii
Shovel Knight- Strike the Earth! Plans of Passage- iiiiii vs Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War- The Unsung War - ii

Imperishable Night- Love-Colored Master Spark- iiiii vs Berserk Millennium Empire Arc: Chapter of the Holy Demon War- Sign - iiiii [16:33] <CKDLbot> 10,0CmdrKing rolled :2,0 1d2 --> 3,0[ 1d2=2 ]4,0{2}
Chrono Trigger- Battle with Magus- iiiiii vs NieR- The Wretched Automatons - iiii
BlazBlue Continuum Shift- Condemnation Wings- iii vs Persona 5- Rivers in the Desert - iiiiii
Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk- Guidance- iii vs Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth- Footsteps of Time - iiiiiii

Halo Wars- Insignificantia (All Sloppy- No Joe)- iiiiiii vs Tales of Graces- To a Sea of Dancing Snow - i
White Knight Chronicles 2 - The Battlefield Flower (Violin Version)- iiiiii vs Adventures of Mana- Battle II - iiii
Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy- God In Fire- iiii vs Wild ARMs 5- At the Frozen Depths of the Heart - iiiiii
Xenoblade Chronicles- Snowy Valak Mountain- iiii vs Star Control 2: Yehat Theme - iiiii
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.