Author Topic: Music Tournament of DOOM 2017- Round 2, Topic 8  (Read 1420 times)

DragonKnight Zero

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Music Tournament of DOOM 2017- Round 2, Topic 8
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 01:36:02 AM »
At or past the halfway mark, wow feels so long ago since this started.

Copyright infringement monster ate Thorn in You.  Fixed

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night- Dracula’s Castle vs No More Heroes 2- Philistine  Decided within 15 seconds.  It took another 15 seconds before it sank in that we're past round 1 and I don't have incentive to listen to something I don't enjoy and still vote fairly.
Bastion- Settling Sail, Coming Home vs Metal Gear Solid 2- Main Theme  The signing in the other piece turns me off.
Fire Emblem Fates- Thorn In You vs Persona 3- The Battle for Everyone’s Souls  Both moderately enjoyable though neither stood out from the other.  Decided to not think too much about it and flipped a coin.
Caligula- Distorted Happiness vs Ducktales Remastered- Mount Vesuvius Theme  Don't care for either but the margin between indifference and active dislike is large.

Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War- Zero vs Final Fantasy XIII- Blinded by Light  Close match.  Even if I'm not into Blinded by Light on a personal level, I still appreciate its quirky qualities.  Zero has it's distinctive flavor that sets it apart from similar tracks.  Still undecided, coinflipped.
Deemo- Evolution Era vs Undertale - Another Medium  I'm getting a mental image of a music lounge at a hotel or on a cruise ship from Evolution Era.  This makes it more interesting to me than a decent but unmemorable track.
Sid Meier's Civilization IV - Baba Yetu vs Bravely Default- That Person’s Name Is  One has champ potential.  The other is merely good.  Squish.
Drakengard 3- The Final Song vs Xenogears- Small Two of Pieces   Ouch, another late round matchup happening early.  Both are great.  Small Two of Pieces has that extra emotional factor to push it ahead.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 05:10:50 AM by DragonKnight Zero »

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 03:19:45 AM »
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night- Dracula’s Castle  vs  No More Heroes 2- Philistine
 Bastion- Settling Sail, Coming Home  vs  Metal Gear Solid 2- Main Theme
 Fire Emblem Fates- Thorn In You  vs  Persona 3- The Battle for Everyone’s Souls
 Caligula- Distorted Happiness vs  Ducktales Remastered- Mount Vesuvius Theme

Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War- Zero  vs  Final Fantasy XIII- Blinded by Light
 Deemo- Evolution Era  vs  Undertale - Another Medium
 Sid Meier's Civilization IV - Baba Yetu  vs  Bravely Default- That Person’s Name Is
 Drakengard 3- The Final Song vs  Xenogears- Small Two of Pieces

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 05:16:45 AM »
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night- Dracula’s Castle vs No More Heroes 2- Philistine
Bastion- Settling Sail, Coming Home vs Metal Gear Solid 2- Main Theme
Fire Emblem Fates- Thorn In You vs Persona 3- The Battle for Everyone’s Souls
Caligula- Distorted Happiness vs Ducktales Remastered- Mount Vesuvius Theme

Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War- Zero vs Final Fantasy XIII- Blinded by Light
Deemo- Evolution Era vs Undertale - Another Medium
Sid Meier's Civilization IV - Baba Yetu vs Bravely Default- That Person’s Name Is
Drakengard 3- The Final Song vs Xenogears- Small Two of Pieces

Technetium43

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 12:51:16 AM »
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night- Dracula’s Castle vs No More Heroes 2- Philistine

Sid Meier's Civilization IV - Baba Yetu vs Bravely Default- That Person’s Name Is

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 12:41:42 AM »
Obligatory link to the battle version of Thorn in You:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUm8JBNZWTs&t=178s

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night- Dracula's Castle vs No More Heroes 2- Philistine
I really don't like the opening of Distorted Happiness, but it does get cool after the first 45 seconds or so.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 04:13:49 AM by SnowFire »

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 04:16:40 PM »

Sid Meier's Civilization IV - Baba Yetu vs Bravely Default- That Person’s Name Is - ffffffffff this one. Geez.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2017, 10:36:55 PM »
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night- Dracula’s Castle vs No More Heroes 2- Philistine: Own nom bias but cool times either way.
Bastion- Settling Sail, Coming Home vs Metal Gear Solid 2- Main Theme: Mood & pacing I think work better out of context than does the MGS2 theme.
Fire Emblem Fates- Thorn In You vs Persona 3- The Battle for Everyone’s Souls: Is one of the finest final boss themes yet composed.
Caligula- Distorted Happiness vs Ducktales Remastered- Mount Vesuvius Theme: Feeling more my style today.

Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War- Zero vs Final Fantasy XIII- Blinded by Light: I like Blinded by Light more on repeat listens, but it's still not Zero.
Deemo- Evolution Era vs Undertale - Another Medium: Both are good and I think I've given Undertale enough votes.
Sid Meier's Civilization IV - Baba Yetu vs Bravely Default- That Person’s Name Is: Has Yngwie guitar.
Drakengard 3- The Final Song vs Xenogears- Small Two of Pieces: Actually is a final song! And is perfect at it.

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2017, 02:56:12 PM »

Drakengard 3- The Final Song vs Xenogears- Small Two of Pieces : ARGHHHH.  Definitely finals-quality match.   Giving it to Xenogears because it's slightly more on my mind than Drakengard.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2017, 05:19:35 PM »
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night- Dracula’s Castle- iiiii vs No More Heroes 2- Philistine - ii
Bastion- Settling Sail, Coming Home- iii vs Metal Gear Solid 2- Main Theme - iiii
Fire Emblem Fates- Thorn In You- ii vs Persona 3- The Battle for Everyone’s Souls - iiiiii
Caligula- Distorted Happiness- iiiii vs Ducktales Remastered- Mount Vesuvius Theme - i

Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War- Zero- iiii vs Final Fantasy XIII- Blinded by Light - iii
Deemo- Evolution Era- iiiii vs Undertale - Another Medium - iii
Sid Meier's Civilization IV - Baba Yetu- iiii vs Bravely Default- That Person’s Name Is - iii
Drakengard 3- The Final Song- iii vs Xenogears- Small Two of Pieces - iiiii
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.