Register

Author Topic: Music Tournament of DOOM 2017- Round 2, Topic 7  (Read 1555 times)

DragonKnight Zero

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Music Tournament of DOOM 2017- Round 2, Topic 7
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 07:33:28 AM »
Links for Nier - Fate and Atelier Ayesha - Just a Coffin don't work.

Legend of Mana- City of Flickering Destruction vs NieR- Song of the Ancients ~ Fate  Make way for the new blood.
Gradius 3 Arcade- Departure for Space vs Final Fantasy XV- Stand by Me  I have a liking for some  Konami late '80s arcade game music but I still think Gradius 3 is out of its league here.
Dark Souls- Gwyn, Lord of Cinder vs Xenosaga: Also Sprach Zarathustra- Godsibb  About equal for me.  Not feeling the chanting today; while I don't hate it, it acts as a tiebreaker here.
Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk- Just a Coffin and an Automaton vs Final Fantasy VII- One Winged Angel  Cute trumps badass this round.

Steins;Gate- Gate of Steiner vs Castlevania: Harmony of Despair- Lost Paintings  When it's done this well, I'll favor the anime opening soundtrack over good game BGM.
Megamari- Patchy’s Castle Stage 1+2 vs Mass Effect 2- Suicide Mission  Pity vote because it has wiggling eyebrows.
Drakengard 3- The Upcoming Battle/Armaros vs Malicious Fallen- Abandoned City ~Convergence of Wisdom~ (Download Link)
Scott Pilgrim vs The World- Leo’s Place vs Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk- Tasogare  No vote.  Neither appeals to me though it's more a personal preference thing than the tunes.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 08:03:34 PM by DragonKnight Zero »

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 04:32:03 PM »
Legend of Mana- City of Flickering Destruction  vs  NieR- Song of the Ancients ~ Fate
 Gradius 3 Arcade- Departure for Space  vs  Final Fantasy XV- Stand by Me
 Dark Souls- Gwyn, Lord of Cinder  vs  Xenosaga: Also Sprach Zarathustra- Godsibb
 Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk- Just a Coffin and an Automaton  vs  Final Fantasy VII- One Winged Angel

Steins;Gate- Gate of Steiner  vs  Castlevania: Harmony of Despair- Lost Paintings
 Megamari- Patchy’s Castle Stage 1+2  vs  Mass Effect 2- Suicide Mission
 Drakengard 3- The Upcoming Battle/Armaros vs  Malicious Fallen- Abandoned City ~Convergence of Wisdom~  (Download Link)
 Scott Pilgrim vs The World- Leo’s Place  vs  Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk- Tasogare - Leo's Place is such an earworm, but Tasogare is my kind of low-key vocal song

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 02:21:30 AM »
Legend of Mana- City of Flickering Destruction vs NieR- Song of the Ancients ~ Fate
Gradius 3 Arcade- Departure for Space vs Final Fantasy XV- Stand by Me
Dark Souls- Gwyn, Lord of Cinder vs Xenosaga: Also Sprach Zarathustra- Godsibb
Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk- Just a Coffin and an Automaton vs Final Fantasy VII- One Winged Angel

Steins;Gate- Gate of Steiner vs Castlevania: Harmony of Despair- Lost Paintings
Megamari- Patchy’s Castle Stage 1+2 vs Mass Effect 2- Suicide Mission
Drakengard 3- The Upcoming Battle/Armaros vs Malicious Fallen- Abandoned City ~Convergence of Wisdom~ (Download Link)
Scott Pilgrim vs The World- Leo’s Place vs Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk- Tasogare
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 12:36:06 AM by Talaysen »

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2017, 08:53:41 PM »
Legend of Mana- City of Flickering Destruction vs NieR- Song of the Ancients ~ Fate
Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk- Just a Coffin and an Automaton vs Final Fantasy VII- One Winged Angel

Scott Pilgrim vs The World- Leo’s Place vs Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk- Tasogare
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 05:20:54 AM »

Drakengard 3- The Upcoming Battle/Armaros vs Malicious Fallen- Abandoned City ~Convergence of Wisdom~

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2017, 12:54:39 AM »

Pity vote.  Gate of Steiner is very good!

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2017, 01:17:13 AM »
Legend of Mana- City of Flickering Destruction vs NieR- Song of the Ancients ~ Fate: Harsh. LoM is good but we're vs. eternal champ forever quality here.
Gradius 3 Arcade- Departure for Space vs Final Fantasy XV- Stand by Me: Too out of left field not to like it.
Dark Souls- Gwyn, Lord of Cinder vs Xenosaga: Also Sprach Zarathustra- Godsibb: Mrf.
Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk- Just a Coffin and an Automaton vs Final Fantasy VII- One Winged Angel: Sure okay, I can throw something off the wall a bone.

Steins;Gate- Gate of Steiner vs Castlevania: Harmony of Despair- Lost Paintings: Is pretty neat and doesn't fiddle with my nostalgia recognition by being just slightly different.
Megamari- Patchy’s Castle Stage 1+2 vs Mass Effect 2- Suicide Mission: Tough draw for a cool thing that wasn't my nom.
Drakengard 3- The Upcoming Battle/Armaros vs Malicious Fallen- Abandoned City ~Convergence of Wisdom~ (Download Link): Oh right this is where the good Drakengard 3 battle music was hiding.
Scott Pilgrim vs The World- Leo’s Place vs Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk- Tasogare: Tired out of words.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 01:18:51 AM by El Cideon »

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2017, 01:11:42 AM »

Drakengard 3- The Upcoming Battle/Armaros vs Malicious Fallen- Abandoned City ~Convergence of Wisdom~

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2017, 11:47:59 PM »
Dark Souls- Gwyn, Lord of Cinder vs Xenosaga: Also Sprach Zarathustra- Godsibb - Godsibb's really cool but Gwyn's in-gama application seals it.
Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk- Just a Coffin and an Automaton vs Final Fantasy VII- One Winged Angel - weirdly difficult matchup to decide on. they're both so good at what they are, and are very different things.

Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2017, 05:07:26 PM »
Legend of Mana- City of Flickering Destruction vs NieR- Song of the Ancients ~ Fate - iiiiiiiii
Gradius 3 Arcade- Departure for Space- ii vs Final Fantasy XV- Stand by Me - iiiiii
Dark Souls- Gwyn, Lord of Cinder- iiii vs Xenosaga: Also Sprach Zarathustra- Godsibb - iiii [12:07] <CKDLbot> 10,0CmdrKing rolled :2,0 1d2 --> 3,0[ 1d2=1 ]4,0{1}
Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk- Just a Coffin and an Automaton- iiiiii vs Final Fantasy VII- One Winged Angel - iii

Steins;Gate- Gate of Steiner- iiiiiii vs Castlevania: Harmony of Despair- Lost Paintings- ii
Megamari- Patchy’s Castle Stage 1+2- iii vs Mass Effect 2- Suicide Mission- iiiii
Drakengard 3- The Upcoming Battle/Armaros- iiii vs Malicious Fallen- Abandoned City ~Convergence of Wisdom~ (Download Link)- i
Scott Pilgrim vs The World- Leo’s Place- iii vs Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk- Tasogare - iiiii
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.