Register

Author Topic: Music Tournament of DOOM 2017- Round 2, Topic 5  (Read 1482 times)

Technetium43

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Music Tournament of DOOM 2017- Round 2, Topic 5
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 07:14:54 AM »
Megamari- Title Theme vs Rogue Galaxy- The Galaxy Public Corporation: Cute and energetic vs. chill and pretty. Chill and pretty wins out.
Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru- The Prince’s Adventure vs .hack//GU Vol 1- Gentle Hands (English): Cute and energetic vs. chill and pretty mk. II. Chill and pretty wins out mk. II.
Hollow Knight- City of Tears vs Ducktales Remastered- Moon Theme: Still not really a fan of the Remastered version of Moon Theme.
Xenoblade Chronicles- Mechanical Rhythm vs Guilty Gear XX- Awe of She: Going with that I'm actually familiar with, as I feel like they're both pretty much equally good.

Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals- Battle 2 vs Okami- Reset ~Ending Theme~: I mean, the other song isn't necessarily BAD, but own nom bias and personal taste plays much more towards Reset.
Super Metroid- Lower Brinstar vs Speed of Doom (Custom Doom 2 WAD)- Getaway: I'll certainly take it over the other song I guess.
Final Fantasy X- Someday the Dream Will End vs Bravely Default- Wicked Flight: Man I forgot Wicked Flight was this good.
GENETOS- Origin vs Undertale- Spear of Justice: Hey it turns out Undertale's soundtrack is REALLY GOOD. Who would've imagined?

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 11:18:52 PM »
Megamari- Title Theme vs Rogue Galaxy- The Galaxy Public Corporation
Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru- The Prince’s Adventure vs .hack//GU Vol 1- Gentle Hands (English)
Tough one.  I'll errata on the longer one that doesn't loop.
Hollow Knight- City of Tears vs Ducktales Remastered- Moon Theme
Xenoblade Chronicles- Mechanical Rhythm vs Guilty Gear XX- Awe of She

Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals- Battle 2 vs Okami- Reset ~Ending Theme~
Super Metroid- Lower Brinstar vs Speed of Doom (Custom Doom 2 WAD)- Getaway
Final Fantasy X- Someday the Dream Will End vs Bravely Default- Wicked Flight
GENETOS- Origin vs Undertale- Spear of Justice

DragonKnight Zero

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 02:30:37 AM »
Megamari- Title Theme vs Rogue Galaxy- The Galaxy Public Corporation  Somewhere out there, someone has overlayed this on the Megaman 2 opening.
Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru- The Prince’s Adventure vs .hack//GU Vol 1- Gentle Hands (English)  Vastly different quality levels
Hollow Knight- City of Tears vs Ducktales Remastered- Moon Theme  Well dang, it managed to move me despite favoring City of Tears.  OK, you win the one Moon Theme.
Xenoblade Chronicles- Mechanical Rhythm vs Guilty Gear XX- Awe of She  Operation- Make way for New Blood continues.

Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals- Battle 2 vs Okami- Reset ~Ending Theme~  Appeals to my personal preferences more.
Super Metroid- Lower Brinstar vs Speed of Doom (Custom Doom 2 WAD)- Getaway  Both are atmospheric pieces I like in context but ambivalent about as standalones.  If only choosing one of these...
Final Fantasy X- Someday the Dream Will End vs Bravely Default- Wicked Flight  Clash of titans: Wicked Flight has grown on me to the point that it keeps showing up in my Youtube recommendations.
GENETOS- Origin vs Undertale- Spear of Justice  Feeling the scope more this time.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 09:11:46 PM by DragonKnight Zero »

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2017, 11:12:13 PM »
Megamari- Title Theme vs Rogue Galaxy- The Galaxy Public Corporation - easy enough
Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru- The Prince’s Adventure vs .hack//GU Vol 1- Gentle Hands (English) - don't really like either all that much tbh
Hollow Knight- City of Tears vs Ducktales Remastered- Moon Theme - shouldabeenoriginalmoonetcetc
Xenoblade Chronicles- Mechanical Rhythm vs Guilty Gear XX- Awe of She - easy enough

Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals- Battle 2 vs Okami- Reset ~Ending Theme~ - hmmmmm. Hard pick here, but I'll go with the okami music
Super Metroid- Lower Brinstar vs Speed of Doom (Custom Doom 2 WAD)- Getaway - not feeling the brinstar atmospheric today.
Final Fantasy X- Someday the Dream Will End vs Bravely Default- Wicked Flight - Dream is one of those songs that I feel works really well in game but I really dislike standalone. Not an antivote though, Wicked Flight is actually really good.
GENETOS- Origin vs Undertale- Spear of Justice - Spear of Justice would take it over...anything in this topic, I think. Wicked Flight might win over it for me depending on the day, I suppose. Good song.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2017, 10:45:17 PM »
Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru- The Prince’s Adventure vs .hack//GU Vol 1- Gentle Hands (English)

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2017, 12:57:55 AM »
Megamari- Title Theme vs Rogue Galaxy- The Galaxy Public Corporation: The Megaman vibe is strong and committed. GPC turns out to be one of those "Oh this is pretty neat on second listen" tracks, though.
Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru- The Prince’s Adventure vs .hack//GU Vol 1- Gentle Hands (English): It's some nice bit-tunage.
Hollow Knight- City of Tears vs Ducktales Remastered- Moon Theme: But the retro doesn't always win.
Xenoblade Chronicles- Mechanical Rhythm vs Guilty Gear XX- Awe of She: Nobody ever noms the version of Awe of She that I really like.

Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals- Battle 2 vs Okami- Reset ~Ending Theme~: Yeah, the retro hype has me here.
Super Metroid- Lower Brinstar vs Speed of Doom (Custom Doom 2 WAD)- Getaway: Liking the drama more than the ambience in this matchup.
Final Fantasy X- Someday the Dream Will End vs Bravely Default- Wicked Flight: Both are excellent but I am feeling at least 53% more rawk today.
GENETOS- Origin vs Undertale- Spear of Justice: Pretty easy own nom bias even before not being totally onboard with Origin.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 10:31:23 PM by El Cideon »

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2017, 12:39:59 AM »

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2017, 05:22:21 AM »

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2017, 07:35:15 PM »

Final Fantasy X- Someday the Dream Will End vs Bravely Default- Wicked Flight - yiiiiikes
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2017, 03:49:16 PM »
Megamari- Title Theme- iiiii vs Rogue Galaxy- The Galaxy Public Corporation- iiii
Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru- The Prince’s Adventure- ii vs .hack//GU Vol 1- Gentle Hands (English) - iiiiii
Hollow Knight- City of Tears- iiiiii vs Ducktales Remastered- Moon Theme- iii
Xenoblade Chronicles- Mechanical Rhythm- iiiiiii vs Guilty Gear XX- Awe of She- ii

Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals- Battle 2- iiiiiii vs Okami- Reset ~Ending Theme~- ii
Super Metroid- Lower Brinstar- iiii vs Speed of Doom (Custom Doom 2 WAD)- Getaway- iiii [10:48] <CKDLbot> 10,0CmdrKing rolled :2,0 1d2 --> 3,0[ 1d2=1 ]4,0{1}
Final Fantasy X- Someday the Dream Will End- iii vs Bravely Default- Wicked Flight- iiiiii
GENETOS- Origin- iiii vs Undertale- Spear of Justice- iiiii

CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.