Author Topic: Music Tournament of DOOM 2017- Round 2, Topic 4  (Read 1530 times)

Technetium43

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Music Tournament of DOOM 2017- Round 2, Topic 4
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 05:36:06 PM »
Halo Wars- Insignificantia (All Sloppy- No Joe) vs Ori and the Blind Forest- Restoring the Light, Facing the Dark: I literally forgot which song was which when voting and had to relisten, which should tell you just how memorable these are. Not bad per say, just not memorable.
Project Diva Future Tone- Step Forward vs Tales of Graces- To a Sea of Dancing Snow: Ah, I see we're re-entering the Chill Snowy Music Zone. I remember that from round one.
White Knight Chronicles 2 - The Battlefield Flower (Violin Version) vs Atelier Shallie: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea- Scorpio: Damn, I forgot how good this song was.
Pokémon X/Y- Snowbelle City vs Adventures of Mana- Battle II: Snowbelle is actually one of my favorite town themes in Pokemon, but Battle II is a banger.

Drakengard 3- This Silence is Mine vs Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy- God In Fire: Neither are bad, but This Silence of Mine is slow and a bit droning, and God In Fire is NEITHER of those things.
Hellcore 2.0 (Custom Doom 2 WAD)- Industry vs At the Frozen Depths of the Heart: Not much to say here, but At the Frozen Depths of the Heart is missing the actual game it comes from in the original post (WA5)
Bloodborne- Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower vs Xenoblade Chronicles- Snowy Valak Mountain: Own nom bias, and also I just generally dislike most Bloodborne music.
Dark Souls- Ornstein and Smough vs Star Control 2: Yehat Theme: Yeah sure.

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 03:09:42 AM »
Halo Wars- Insignificantia (All Sloppy- No Joe) vs Ori and the Blind Forest- Restoring the Light, Facing the Dark
Project Diva Future Tone- Step Forward vs Tales of Graces- To a Sea of Dancing Snow
White Knight Chronicles 2 - The Battlefield Flower (Violin Version) vs Atelier Shallie: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea- Scorpio
Pokémon X/Y- Snowbelle City vs Adventures of Mana- Battle II

Drakengard 3- This Silence is Mine vs Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy- God In Fire - This feels like a battle over true despair. The one induce more despair in me takes it.
Hellcore 2.0 (Custom Doom 2 WAD)- Industry vs At the Frozen Depths of the Heart
Bloodborne- Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower vs Xenoblade Chronicles- Snowy Valak Mountain
Dark Souls- Ornstein and Smough vs Star Control 2: Yehat Theme

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 06:57:54 PM »
Halo Wars- Insignificantia (All Sloppy- No Joe) vs Ori and the Blind Forest- Restoring the Light, Facing the Dark- sure
Project Diva Future Tone- Step Forward vs Tales of Graces- To a Sea of Dancing Snow - I do not enjoy the chill snowy music zone. It is sleep inducing.
White Knight Chronicles 2 - The Battlefield Flower (Violin Version) vs Atelier Shallie: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea- Scorpio - Not sure whether this or God in Fire is my favorite song in this pool.
Pokémon X/Y- Snowbelle City vs Adventures of Mana- Battle II - Snowbelle is a bit less sleepsong than usual "chill snowy music zone" but Battle II is fantastic and takes it anyway.

Drakengard 3- This Silence is Mine vs Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy- God In Fire - own nom bias, etc
Hellcore 2.0 (Custom Doom 2 WAD)- Industry vs Wils Arms 5- At the Frozen Depths of the Heart
Bloodborne- Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower vs Xenoblade Chronicles- Snowy Valak Mountain- pass don't like either
Dark Souls- Ornstein and Smough vs Star Control 2: Yehat Theme - feeling more groovy than epic today
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2017, 12:48:28 AM »
Halo Wars- Insignificantia (All Sloppy- No Joe) vs  Ori and the Blind Forest- Restoring the Light, Facing the Dark
 Project Diva Future Tone- Step Forward vs  Tales of Graces- To a Sea of Dancing Snow
 White Knight Chronicles 2 - The Battlefield Flower (Violin Version) vs  Atelier Shallie: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea- Scorpio - FU dicebot.
 Pokémon X/Y- Snowbelle City vs  Adventures of Mana- Battle II

Drakengard 3- This Silence is Mine vs  Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy- God In Fire
 Hellcore 2.0 (Custom Doom 2 WAD)- Industry vs  At the Frozen Depths of the Heart
 Bloodborne- Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower vs  Xenoblade Chronicles- Snowy Valak Mountain
 Dark Souls- Ornstein and Smough vs  Star Control 2: Yehat Theme

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2017, 12:54:48 AM »
Halo Wars- Insignificantia (All Sloppy- No Joe)
Tales of Graces- To a Sea of Dancing Snow
Atelier Shallie: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea- Scorpio
Adventures of Mana- Battle II

Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy- God In Fire
At the Frozen Depths of the Heart
Bloodborne- Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower
Star Control 2: Yehat Theme
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

DragonKnight Zero

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2017, 04:13:16 AM »
Halo Wars- Insignificantia (All Sloppy- No Joe) vs Ori and the Blind Forest- Restoring the Light, Facing the Dark  Decent, inoffensive, and unmemorable on both end.  Tiebreaking for future round variety.
Project Diva Future Tone- Step Forward vs Tales of Graces- To a Sea of Dancing Snow  Not into Vocaloid so easy vote.
White Knight Chronicles 2 - The Battlefield Flower (Violin Version) vs Atelier Shallie: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea- Scorpio  Close between two high quality options, like this one a bit more.
Pokémon X/Y- Snowbelle City vs Adventures of Mana- Battle II  Vastly different levels of quality

Drakengard 3- This Silence is Mine vs Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy- God In Fire  I guess.  Ambivalence with most vocals is in effect here.
Hellcore 2.0 (Custom Doom 2 WAD)- Industry vs Wild Arms 5 - At the Frozen Depths of the Heart  more depth vs an original piece used as music for user-created content.  For some reason, my mental track leaps towards nomming the Parallel Worlds mix of the Zelda 1 dungeon theme.
Bloodborne- Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower vs Xenoblade Chronicles- Snowy Valak Mountain  Both feel kind of sleepy; Snowy Valek Mountain comes off as more likeable for me at that role.
Dark Souls- Ornstein and Smough vs Star Control 2: Yehat Theme  Favoring the tone here, though I do like the other track more than the first listen.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 11:56:32 PM by DragonKnight Zero »

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2017, 09:53:11 PM »
Halo Wars- Insignificantia (All Sloppy- No Joe) vs Ori and the Blind Forest- Restoring the Light, Facing the Dark
Project Diva Future Tone- Step Forward vs Tales of Graces- To a Sea of Dancing Snow
White Knight Chronicles 2 - The Battlefield Flower (Violin Version) vs Atelier Shallie: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea- Scorpio

Drakengard 3- This Silence is Mine vs Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy- God In Fire
Bloodborne- Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower vs Xenoblade Chronicles- Snowy Valak Mountain

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2017, 11:47:10 PM »
Halo Wars- Insignificantia (All Sloppy- No Joe) vs Ori and the Blind Forest- Restoring the Light, Facing the Dark: Easy. Much more spirited.
Project Diva Future Tone- Step Forward vs Tales of Graces- To a Sea of Dancing Snow: Yeah okay, I can dig the mellow mood more in this matchup.
White Knight Chronicles 2 - The Battlefield Flower (Violin Version) vs Atelier Shallie: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea- Scorpio: I feel comfortable saying guitars > violins for this one.
Pokémon X/Y- Snowbelle City vs Adventures of Mana- Battle II: But this time we get both.

Drakengard 3- This Silence is Mine vs Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy- God In Fire: Is champ tier.
Hellcore 2.0 (Custom Doom 2 WAD)- Industry vs At the Frozen Depths of the Heart: I don't want to vote against something so convincingly called Genocide Motor, but basically own nom here. Tough draw.
Bloodborne- Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower vs Xenoblade Chronicles- Snowy Valak Mountain: I am the DL's total lack of shock.
Dark Souls- Ornstein and Smough vs Star Control 2: Yehat Theme: Old obsessions vs. slightly newer ones. I think...old wins, in this case.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2017, 02:03:24 AM »

Drakengard 3- This Silence is Mine vs Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy- God In Fire

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2017, 01:45:49 PM »
Halo Wars- Insignificantia (All Sloppy- No Joe)- iiiii vs Ori and the Blind Forest- Restoring the Light, Facing the Dark- iiii
Project Diva Future Tone- Step Forward- iii vs Tales of Graces- To a Sea of Dancing Snow- iiiiii
White Knight Chronicles 2 - The Battlefield Flower (Violin Version)- iiiiii vs Atelier Shallie: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea- Scorpio- iii
Pokémon X/Y- Snowbelle City- i vs Adventures of Mana- Battle II- iiiiiiii

Drakengard 3- This Silence is Mine- iii vs Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy- God In Fire- iiiii
Hellcore 2.0 (Custom Doom 2 WAD)- Industry vs At the Frozen Depths of the Heart- iiiiiiii
Bloodborne- Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower- iii vs Xenoblade Chronicles- Snowy Valak Mountain- iiii
Dark Souls- Ornstein and Smough- ii vs Star Control 2: Yehat Theme- iiiiii
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.