Author Topic: Music Tournament of DOOM 2017- Round 2, Topic 3  (Read 1608 times)

Technetium43

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Tourney of Random Events 2017- Round 2, Pool 3
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 04:56:06 PM »
Imperishable Night- Love-Colored Master Spark vs Terranigma- The Way Home: Feeling the high energy more rn.
Dark Souls 2- Majula vs Berserk Millennium Empire Arc: Chapter of the Holy Demon War- Sign: See above.
Chrono Trigger- Battle with Magus vs Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire- Battle! Zinnia: Uuuuuugh. Will go with own nom bias here, but that's mean.
NieR- The Wretched Automatons vs Disgaea: Hour of Darkness- Planet X: And here we have best NieR song. No competition. GOD I love metallic percussion.

Suikogaiden vol. 1: Swordsman of Harmonia- Currents vs BlazBlue Continuum Shift- Condemnation Wings
Enchanted Arms- Sayaka Battle vs Persona 5- Rivers in the Desert: Sayaka Battle isn't bad at all but... Rivers in the Desert...
Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk- Guidance vs Final Fantasy VI- Terra: Yeah sure.
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth- Footsteps of Time vs Okami- Ryoshima Coast: Own nom bias again, but I do still like Footsteps of Time.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Music Tournament of DOOM 2017- Round 2, Topic 3
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 05:13:33 PM »
Imperishable Night- Love-Colored Master Spark vs Terranigma- The Way Home - own nom bias, but I won't be upset if master spark moves on instead
Dark Souls 2- Majula vs Berserk Millennium Empire Arc: Chapter of the Holy Demon War- Sign - less meh.
Chrono Trigger- Battle with Magus vs Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire- Battle! Zinnia - musical version of "welcome to godlike"
NieR- The Wretched Automatons vs Disgaea: Hour of Darkness- Planet X - hmmm. sure.

Suikogaiden vol. 1: Swordsman of Harmonia- Currents vs BlazBlue Continuum Shift- Condemnation Wings - rough. want to vote for both.
Enchanted Arms- Sayaka Battle vs Persona 5- Rivers in the Desert - gatesona 5 music
Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk- Guidance vs Final Fantasy VI- Terra - why is this bottom half so full of hard choices. Ugh.
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth- Footsteps of Time vs Okami- Ryoshima Coast - uuuuuuuuuugghh. I spent half the time I had this reply open just trying to figure out what to vote for this match. Fucking hell.

Exactly one meh match the entire field. A couple easy choices but of the "godlike vs heavy" variety. A great field overall.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 11:44:36 PM »
Imperishable Night- Love-Colored Master Spark vs Terranigma- The Way Home
Dark Souls 2- Majula vs Berserk Millennium Empire Arc: Chapter of the Holy Demon War- Sign
Chrono Trigger- Battle with Magus vs Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire- Battle! Zinnia
NieR- The Wretched Automatons vs Disgaea: Hour of Darkness- Planet X

Suikogaiden vol. 1: Swordsman of Harmonia- Currents vs BlazBlue Continuum Shift- Condemnation Wings
Enchanted Arms- Sayaka Battle vs Persona 5- Rivers in the Desert
Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk- Guidance vs Final Fantasy VI- Terra
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth- Footsteps of Time vs Okami- Ryoshima Coast

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2017, 10:44:20 PM »
Good stuff all around.  Not a single loser that I dislike, and only one or two losers that I'm meh on.  Good taste DL.

Dark Souls 2- Majula vs Berserk Millennium Empire Arc: Chapter of the Holy Demon War- Sign
Chrono Trigger- Battle with Magus vs Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire- Battle! Zinnia

DragonKnight Zero

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2017, 12:39:50 AM »
Imperishable Night- Love-Colored Master Spark vs Terranigma- The Way Home  "Move and I'll shoot.  No wait, I messed up.  Shoot and I'll move.  In a flash."
Dark Souls 2- Majula vs Berserk Millennium Empire Arc: Chapter of the Holy Demon War- Sign  Dozed off while Majula was playing, enough of a deciding factor.
Chrono Trigger- Battle with Magus vs Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire- Battle! Zinnia  Outclasses
NieR- The Wretched Automatons vs Disgaea: Hour of Darkness- Planet X  I guess.  Don't buy Nier hype for the most part but ambivalent on the other.

Suikogaiden vol. 1: Swordsman of Harmonia- Currents vs BlazBlue Continuum Shift- Condemnation Wings  Somehow, this appeals to me more than the first time I heard it.  Also am ambivalent about the other track.
Enchanted Arms- Sayaka Battle vs Persona 5- Rivers in the Desert  Sure
Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk- Guidance vs Final Fantasy VI- Terra  Makes a stronger impression.
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth- Footsteps of Time vs Okami- Ryoshima Coast   Both are likeable, going for the one good enough to pick over my own nom in round 1.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 01:08:51 AM by DragonKnight Zero »

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2017, 05:11:44 AM »
Imperishable Night- Love-Colored Master Spark vs  Terranigma- The Way Home
 Dark Souls 2- Majula  vs  Berserk Millennium Empire Arc: Chapter of the Holy Demon War- Sign
 Chrono Trigger- Battle with Magus  vs  Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire- Battle! Zinnia
 NieR- The Wretched Automatons  vs  Disgaea: Hour of Darkness- Planet X

Suikogaiden vol. 1: Swordsman of Harmonia- Currents  vs  BlazBlue Continuum Shift- Condemnation Wings
 Enchanted Arms- Sayaka Battle  vs  Persona 5- Rivers in the Desert
 Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk- Guidance  vs  Final Fantasy VI- Terra
 Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth- Footsteps of Time  vs  Okami- Ryoshima Coast

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2017, 03:01:45 AM »

Suikogaiden vol. 1: Swordsman of Harmonia- Currents vs BlazBlue Continuum Shift- Condemnation Wings - I do often wonder, among all the version of Two Rivers out there, why people like this Engrish one?

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2017, 12:50:14 AM »
I do often wonder, among all the version of Two Rivers out there, why people like this Engrish one?

The Italian version on the vocal collection is best, but I nommed this one because it actually is used in a game. The Suikogaiden OP is really, really good and Currents works pretty well for it.

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2017, 12:53:50 AM »
Imperishable Night- Love-Colored Master Spark
Dark Souls 2- Majula
Chrono Trigger- Battle with Magus
NieR- The Wretched Automatons

Suikogaiden vol. 1: Swordsman of Harmonia- Currents
Persona 5- Rivers in the Desert
Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk- Guidance
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth- Footsteps of Time
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2017, 12:02:16 AM »

« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 09:47:58 AM by Talaysen »

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2017, 08:33:38 PM »

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2017, 10:47:50 PM »
Imperishable Night- Love-Colored Master Spark vs Terranigma- The Way Home: Marisa's theme isn't one of my favorites from IN, but IN is my favorite Touhou soundtrack, so still good enough.
Dark Souls 2- Majula vs Berserk Millennium Empire Arc: Chapter of the Holy Demon War- Sign: Susumu Hirasawa hype.
Chrono Trigger- Battle with Magus vs Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire- Battle! Zinnia: Better than I'd expect from Pokemon music, but still not Battle with Magus.
NieR- The Wretched Automatons vs Disgaea: Hour of Darkness- Planet X: I like Planet X more now than I remembered, but it's still not Wretched Automatons.

Suikogaiden vol. 1: Swordsman of Harmonia- Currents vs BlazBlue Continuum Shift- Condemnation Wings: BlazBlue music doesn't often grab me like Guilty Gear music did, but this is one of its better tracks.
Enchanted Arms- Sayaka Battle vs Persona 5- Rivers in the Desert: Sure, I can throw an underdog vote to a decently dramatic boss track. Rivers in the Desert is cool, though.
Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk- Guidance vs Final Fantasy VI- Terra: Guidance is okay and reminds me of that cool boss theme, but it's vs. an all-time great here.
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth- Footsteps of Time vs Okami- Ryoshima Coast: Just preferable style I guess.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2017, 01:32:38 PM »
Imperishable Night- Love-Colored Master Spark- iiiii vs Terranigma- The Way Home - iiii
Dark Souls 2- Majula- iii vs Berserk Millennium Empire Arc: Chapter of the Holy Demon War- Sign - iiiiiii
Chrono Trigger- Battle with Magus- iiiiiiii vs Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire- Battle! Zinnia - ii
NieR- The Wretched Automatons- iiiiiiiiiii vs Disgaea: Hour of Darkness- Planet X

Suikogaiden vol. 1: Swordsman of Harmonia- Currents- iii vs BlazBlue Continuum Shift- Condemnation Wings - iiiiii
Enchanted Arms- Sayaka Battle- ii vs Persona 5- Rivers in the Desert - iiiiiiii
Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk- Guidance- iiiiiii vs Final Fantasy VI- Terra - iii
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth- Footsteps of Time- iiiii vs Okami- Ryoshima Coast - iiii
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.