imageRegister

Author Topic: Music Tournament of DOOM 2017- Round 2, Topic 1  (Read 1698 times)

Technetium43

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Music Tournament of DOOM 2017- Round 2, Topic 1
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 02:03:39 AM »
Dark Souls- Nameless Song vs BlazBlue Central Fiction- HAKAISHIN: Pure mood choice here.
Granblue Fantasy- New World Order vs Chrono Trigger- Corridors of Time: Hmm. Despite liking Corridors of Time quite a bit, the instrumentation on New World Order is great. Close one.
God Hand- God Hand vs Undertale- Death by Glamour: Humor value does not beat out g r a t u i t o u s j a m m i n g.
Dark Souls 2- Old Dragonslayer vs Trails of Cold Steel II- Phantasmal Blaze: Meh.

Ys: The Oath in Felghana- The Strongest Foe vs NieR- Shadowlord: One of the NieR songs I genuinely enjoy! Neat! Or, at least, the second half I genuinely enjoy.
Rosenkreuzstilette- Luftfest Sleipnir vs Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria- How Wicked Ruler: Song I'm lukewarm on vs. one of my favorite songs in the entire tournament. No contest.
Fire Emblem Fates- The End of All vs Secret of Evermore- Hall of Collosia, Chamber 1: Hall of Collosia is nice but... GOD The End of All is really good, all of them.
Legend of Legacy- Twin Dimension Battle vs Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals- For the Savior: Meh.

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 10:47:16 AM »
Dark Souls- Nameless Song vs BlazBlue Central Fiction- HAKAISHIN
Granblue Fantasy- New World Order vs Chrono Trigger- Corridors of Time
God Hand- God Hand vs Undertale- Death by Glamour
Dark Souls 2- Old Dragonslayer vs Trails of Cold Steel II- Phantasmal Blaze

Ys: The Oath in Felghana- The Strongest Foe vs NieR- Shadowlord
Rosenkreuzstilette- Luftfest Sleipnir vs Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria- How Wicked Ruler - This is harsh, I like both.... let's give this to the one that's likely to be the underdog.
Fire Emblem Fates- The End of All vs Secret of Evermore- Hall of Collosia, Chamber 1
Legend of Legacy- Twin Dimension Battle vs Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals- For the Savior

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 10:49:52 AM »
CK, twin dimension battle's link died. Here is a new one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4iG4kENg4I

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2017, 12:37:20 PM »

Rosenkreuzstilette- Luftfest Sleipnir vs Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria- How Wicked Ruler
Fire Emblem Fates- The End of All vs Secret of Evermore- Hall of Collosia, Chamber 1
Legend of Legacy- Twin Dimension Battle vs Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals- For the Savior

DragonKnight Zero

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2017, 11:04:55 PM »
Dark Souls- Nameless Song vs BlazBlue Central Fiction- HAKAISHIN  Quite different pieces here.  Mood happened to gravitate towards this one.
Granblue Fantasy- New World Order vs Chrono Trigger- Corridors of Time  Kneejerk for new blood
God Hand- God Hand vs Undertale- Death by Glamour  More solid
  Even if they may be generic epic, I find these on the upper end of generic epic.  Phantasmal Blaze does it better I feel.

Ys: The Oath in Felghana- The Strongest Foe vs NieR- Shadowlord  No, I'm not upset that Shadowlord knocked out my favorite FFT track.  I don't know what you're talking about, ahahaha...   :-X
Rosenkreuzstilette- Luftfest Sleipnir vs Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria- How Wicked Ruler  I guess.  No strong feelings on either.  They serve different purposes.
Fire Emblem Fates- The End of All vs Secret of Evermore- Hall of Collosia, Chamber 1  Both are interesting, feel like tossing one for the underdog this time.
Legend of Legacy- Twin Dimension Battle vs Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals- For the Savior   It's the familiarity with context that's deciding this for me.  Standalone, they're about equal quality.  Well, maybe Twin Dimension Battle is slightly stronger, just not enough to beat out nostalgia.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 06:04:49 AM by DragonKnight Zero »

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2017, 12:38:52 AM »

Rosenkreuzstilette- Luftfest Sleipnir vs Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria- How Wicked Ruler

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2017, 07:02:06 PM »
Dark Souls- Nameless Song vs BlazBlue Central Fiction- HAKAISHIN - generally liking the upbeat more rn.
Granblue Fantasy- New World Order vs Chrono Trigger- Corridors of Time - hmmmmm. Rough but gonna go with own nom bias. Granblue song is good, would vote over either of the above.
God Hand- God Hand vs Undertale- Death by Glamour - l e g s
Dark Souls 2- Old Dragonslayer vs Trails of Cold Steel II- Phantasmal Blaze - slightly more interesting version of overdone epicness

Ys: The Oath in Felghana- The Strongest Foe vs NieR- Shadowlord - Upbeat bias continues
Rosenkreuzstilette- Luftfest Sleipnir vs Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria- How Wicked Ruler - wicked ruler continues to be good
Fire Emblem Fates- The End of All vs Secret of Evermore- Hall of Collosia, Chamber 1 - fffffffffff voting against own nom. I love Hall of Collosia but End of All is champ powered imo
Legend of Legacy- Twin Dimension Battle vs Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals- For the Savior - hmm, kinda ambivalent on this one.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2017, 10:47:31 PM »
Dark Souls- Nameless Song vs BlazBlue Central Fiction- HAKAISHIN: Hakaishin occasionally cool but pretty uneven.
Granblue Fantasy- New World Order vs Chrono Trigger- Corridors of Time: NWO pretty cool tune, but Corridors of Time one of the all-time greats.
God Hand- God Hand vs Undertale- Death by Glamour: Funnier.
Dark Souls 2- Old Dragonslayer vs Trails of Cold Steel II- Phantasmal Blaze: Probably better at doing the same thing?

Ys: The Oath in Felghana- The Strongest Foe vs NieR- Shadowlord: But they're both the strongest foe. This isn't fair! I guess personal familiarity tips it with two awesome things.
Rosenkreuzstilette- Luftfest Sleipnir vs Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria- How Wicked Ruler: Shouldn't be a round 2 fight mark 2.
Fire Emblem Fates- The End of All vs Secret of Evermore- Hall of Collosia, Chamber 1: More drama.
Legend of Legacy- Twin Dimension Battle vs Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals- For the Savior: More heart.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2017, 01:29:13 AM »

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2017, 05:10:56 AM »
Dark Souls- Nameless Song  vs  BlazBlue Central Fiction- HAKAISHIN
 Granblue Fantasy- New World Order  vs  Chrono Trigger- Corridors of Time
 God Hand- God Hand  vs  Undertale- Death by Glamour
 Dark Souls 2- Old Dragonslayer  vs  Trails of Cold Steel II- Phantasmal Blaze

Ys: The Oath in Felghana- The Strongest Foe vs  NieR- Shadowlord
 Rosenkreuzstilette- Luftfest Sleipnir vs  Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria- How Wicked Ruler
 Fire Emblem Fates- The End of All  vs  Secret of Evermore- Hall of Collosia, Chamber 1
 Legend of Legacy- Twin Dimension Battle  vs  Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals- For the Savior

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2017, 08:13:20 AM »

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2017, 09:35:02 PM »
God Hand- God Hand vs Undertale- Death by Glamour - goddammit

Ys: The Oath in Felghana- The Strongest Foe vs NieR- Shadowlord - goddammit!
Rosenkreuzstilette- Luftfest Sleipnir vs Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria- How Wicked Ruler - I like the Rosenkreutzstilette track, but the wall of sound overwhelms it a bit.  Which is really a weird thing to say when we've got a VP track on the other side.
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2017, 12:50:43 AM »
Dark Souls- Nameless Song
Chrono Trigger- Corridors of Time
God Hand- God Hand
Dark Souls 2- Old Dragonslayer

Ys: The Oath in Felghana- The Strongest Foe
Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria- How Wicked Ruler
Fire Emblem Fates- The End of All
Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals- For the Savior
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2017, 12:56:06 PM »
Dark Souls- Nameless Song- iiiiiiii vs BlazBlue Central Fiction- HAKAISHIN - iii
Granblue Fantasy- New World Order- iiiiii vs Chrono Trigger- Corridors of Time - iiiii
God Hand- God Hand- iiiii vs Undertale- Death by Glamour - iiiiiii
Dark Souls 2- Old Dragonslayer- ii vs Trails of Cold Steel II- Phantasmal Blaze- iiiiiiiii

Ys: The Oath in Felghana- The Strongest Foe- iiiiii vs NieR- Shadowlord - iiiiii [07:54] <CKDLbot> 10,0CmdrKing rolled :2,0 1d2 --> 3,0[ 1d2=1 ]4,0{1}
Rosenkreuzstilette- Luftfest Sleipnir- iii vs Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria- How Wicked Ruler - iiiiiiii
Fire Emblem Fates- The End of All- iiiiiiii vs Secret of Evermore- Hall of Collosia, Chamber 1 - iii
Legend of Legacy- Twin Dimension Battle- iiii vs Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals- For the Savior - iiiii
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.