Register

Author Topic: Music Tournament of DOOM 2017- Round 1, Topic 14  (Read 1968 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Re: Music Tournament of DOOM 2017- Round 1, Topic 14
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 12:15:34 AM »
So Malicious Fallen's Abandoned City ~Convergence of Wisdom~ had a note of "can provide track" when nommed.  I forgot where it fell in the brackets and haven't worked on options, but for now just skip that match and if we can't get something arrange so at least a few people can vote on it then the other song will advance by default.

Sorry about the derp.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 01:58:01 AM »
Steins;Gate- Gate of Steiner vs Persona 4: Dancing All Night- Snowflakes
Castlevania: Harmony of Despair- Lost Paintings vs Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star- Altera’s Theme
Megamari- Patchy’s Castle Stage 1+2 vs  Metroid Fusion- Serris X Boss Theme
Super Mario World- Castle Theme vs Mass Effect 2- Suicide Mission

Atelier Escha and Logy- Alchemists of the Dusk Sky- Agame yo, Ware wa Shinki vs Drakengard 3- The Upcoming Battle/Armaros
Malicious Fallen- Abandoned City ~Convergence of Wisdom~ vs Terranigma- Crysta Village
Wild ARMs- Boomerang Flash vs Scott Pilgrim vs The World- Leo’s Place
Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk- Tasogare vs Celestian Tales: Old North- The Ravager
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Technetium43

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 02:19:18 AM »
Castlevania: Harmony of Despair- Lost Paintings vs Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star- Altera’s Theme

Atelier Escha and Logy- Alchemists of the Dusk Sky- Agame yo, Ware wa Shinki vs Drakengard 3- The Upcoming Battle/Armaros
Malicious Fallen- Abandoned City ~Convergence of Wisdom~ vs Terranigma- Crysta Village
Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk- Tasogare vs Celestian Tales: Old North- The Ravager
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 01:14:59 AM by Technetium43 »

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 08:40:57 AM »
So Malicious Fallen's Abandoned City ~Convergence of Wisdom~ had a note of "can provide track" when nommed.  I forgot where it fell in the brackets and haven't worked on options, but for now just skip that match and if we can't get something arrange so at least a few people can vote on it then the other song will advance by default.

Sorry about the derp.

Here you go.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/rmrwebr6gub2urk/29+ABANDONED+CITY+-+CONVERGENCE+OF+WISDOM.mp3

DragonKnight Zero

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2017, 12:41:05 AM »
Steins;Gate- Gate of Steiner vs Persona 4: Dancing All Night- Snowflakes  Both seem solid; mood went with Gate of Steiner.  Tough draw for whichever loses.
Castlevania: Harmony of Despair- Lost Paintings vs Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star- Altera’s Theme  Oh, a remix of a SotN piece, cool.  Still find Altera's Theme a richer composition.
Megamari- Patchy’s Castle Stage 1+2 vs  Metroid Fusion- Serris X Boss Theme  More enjoyable as a standalone piece.  Cute magicians take this one.
Super Mario World- Castle Theme vs Mass Effect 2- Suicide Mission  Hmm, castle theme is a classic and still holds up well.  Think it got outclassed, tough draw.

Atelier Escha and Logy- Alchemists of the Dusk Sky- Agame yo, Ware wa Shinki vs Drakengard 3- The Upcoming Battle/Armaros  Not really keen on either one, voted for the one that irritates me less.
Malicious Fallen- Abandoned City ~Convergence of Wisdom~ (NOTE: download link) vs Terranigma- Crysta Village
Wild ARMs- Boomerang Flash vs Scott Pilgrim vs The World- Leo’s Place  About equal for me.  Boomerang Flash has a few measures that sound like Sonic 2's Hidden Palace and that tips it.
Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk- Tasogare vs Celestian Tales: Old North- The Ravager   Borrowing phrasing from another, Ravager sounds like it's building up to something that never arrives.

Favorite "new" piece: Gate of Steiner
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 06:00:14 AM by DragonKnight Zero »

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2017, 12:45:38 AM »

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2017, 04:42:30 AM »
Where exactly is Rise coming from and escaping from?  Is there some way off the platform toward the camera, perhaps?  Or is she capable of teleportation?
Anyway I'll go for foreboding-but-inspiring over bubblegum.
Both solid, own nom bias.  I'd like Altera's Theme over some of the winners below though, it's pretty cool.

Off topic, but I looked up Altera, and...  WTF.  (Spoilers?) 
Okay, so she's Atilla.  Atilla was a genuine warrior king, somebody who led their barbarian horde around and directly conquered people and probably even engaged in personal combat sometimes.  So fine, we're Fate, we're gonna gender swap and age down everyone, cool...  but...  all the art is her in freaking come-hither exotic dancer gear looking all "come over here sweetypie"?  The whole background screams warrior princess, so just go get Sexy Anime Girl Warrior #27 if you must.  Vanilla Fate Saber looks both dangerous and pretty in her default form even if she has side art of her in more casual sexy style.  It looks like they completely abandoned "could kick your ass" in the art here, which is weird for such a famously bloodthirsty & warlike character.

Own nom bias.  Crysta is one of the better placid hometown themes I've heard, and it's used very well in-game.  I like Abandoned City though.

Well, both are my noms, so happy with whichever advances.
As way of a bit of context, for those who didn't play CTON, The Ravager is actually a pretty cool guy, despite the name.  Dangerous-but-noble and all.

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2017, 09:09:28 AM »
You got it all wrong, Snowfire.
Altera is a giant alien invader who murdered most of the gods on earth and brought the divine age into decline. She was barely defeated by Excalibur, the super anti-alien weapon crafted by the planet.
So yeah, Fate completely changed the myth of Attila in its cannon. It is totally not serious anymore.

Super Mario World- Castle Theme vs Mass Effect 2- Suicide Mission - I was reminded how much I hated that castle theme.

Malicious Fallen- Abandoned City ~Convergence of Wisdom~ vs Terranigma- Crysta Village - Another death to hatbot match.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2017, 02:37:23 PM »
Steins;Gate- Gate of Steiner vs Persona 4: Dancing All Night- Snowflakes - Easy
Castlevania: Harmony of Despair- Lost Paintings vs Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star- Altera’s Theme - Eh
Megamari- Patchy’s Castle Stage 1+2 vs  Metroid Fusion- Serris X Boss Theme - well the Metroid track is certainly a thing that exists.
Super Mario World- Castle Theme vs Mass Effect 2- Suicide Mission - no real contest

Atelier Escha and Logy- Alchemists of the Dusk Sky- Agame yo, Ware wa Shinki vs Drakengard 3- The Upcoming Battle/Armaros - wow, I actually kind of hate both of these, no vote.
Malicious Fallen- Abandoned City ~Convergence of Wisdom~ vs Terranigma- Crysta Village - Decided by sound quality.
Wild ARMs- Boomerang Flash vs Scott Pilgrim vs The World- Leo’s Place - ah yes, "Wild ARMs 1 music"
Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk- Tasogare vs Celestian Tales: Old North- The Ravager - I 'spose.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 10:48:33 PM by Random Consonant »

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2017, 01:17:52 AM »
Steins;Gate- Gate of Steiner vs Persona 4: Dancing All Night- Snowflakes: This sounds like a nice, spacey introduction.
Castlevania: Harmony of Despair- Lost Paintings vs Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star- Altera’s Theme: Pretty easy, Fatenoise doesn't leave much impression.
Megamari- Patchy’s Castle Stage 1+2 vs  Metroid Fusion- Serris X Boss Theme: I don't understand that picture. Is it deliberately trying to evoke the style of that infamous MM U.S. cover art? And that arm just above the title, where is it coming from, where is it coming from? (Anyway both are neat enough musically, MM vibe just hits me more than does Metroid.)
Super Mario World- Castle Theme vs Mass Effect 2- Suicide Mission: Because the world needs heroes, Max more marches in 7/8 time.

Atelier Escha and Logy- Alchemists of the Dusk Sky- Agame yo, Ware wa Shinki vs Drakengard 3- The Upcoming Battle/Armaros: Better than most of Drakengard 3's soundtrack, which largely passed by unnoticed (ending themes excepted).
Malicious Fallen- Abandoned City ~Convergence of Wisdom~ (NOTE: download link) vs Terranigma- Crysta Village: Can I point out that this was uploaded by Furlord? Just saying.
Wild ARMs- Boomerang Flash vs Scott Pilgrim vs The World- Leo’s Place: Sure.
Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk- Tasogare vs Celestian Tales: Old North- The Ravager: I'm out of comments for today.

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2017, 10:59:59 AM »
Steins;Gate- Gate of Steiner  vs  Persona 4: Dancing All Night- Snowflakes
Castlevania: Harmony of Despair- Lost Paintings  vs  Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star- Altera’s Theme
Megamari- Patchy’s Castle Stage 1+2  vs   Metroid Fusion- Serris X Boss Theme
Super Mario World- Castle Theme  vs  Mass Effect 2- Suicide Mission

Atelier Escha and Logy- Alchemists of the Dusk Sky- Agame yo, Ware wa Shinki  vs  Drakengard 3- The Upcoming Battle/Armaros
Malicious Fallen- Abandoned City ~Convergence of Wisdom~ vs  Terranigma- Crysta Village
Wild ARMs- Boomerang Flash  vs  Scott Pilgrim vs The World- Leo’s Place
Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk- Tasogare  vs  Celestian Tales: Old North- The Ravager

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2017, 09:59:42 PM »
Steins;Gate- Gate of Steiner vs Persona 4: Dancing All Night- Snowflakes - Rolled a die here.  They're both awesome in different ways
Castlevania: Harmony of Despair- Lost Paintings vs Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star- Altera’s Theme - Both good, again a coinflip
Megamari- Patchy’s Castle Stage 1+2 vs  Metroid Fusion- Serris X Boss Theme - One is good, the other is awful
Super Mario World- Castle Theme vs Mass Effect 2- Suicide Mission - Eh

Atelier Escha and Logy- Alchemists of the Dusk Sky- Agame yo, Ware wa Shinki vs Drakengard 3- The Upcoming Battle/Armaros - Eh again - not a huge on the latter, but the former is awful
Malicious Fallen- Abandoned City ~Convergence of Wisdom~ (NOTE: download link) vs Terranigma- Crysta Village - Mmm...yeah, latter's good, just close
Wild ARMs- Boomerang Flash vs Scott Pilgrim vs The World- Leo’s Place - I like the latter, but Boomerang Flash just gives me a good ole' nostalgiagasm
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2017, 01:56:52 PM »
Megamari- Patchy’s Castle Stage 1+2 vs  Metroid Fusion- Serris X Boss Theme:  later

Malicious Fallen- Abandoned City ~Convergence of Wisdom~ (NOTE: download link) vs Terranigma- Crysta Village
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 05:50:06 PM by Fudozukushi »

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2017, 11:40:08 PM »

Wild ARMs- Boomerang Flash vs Scott Pilgrim vs The World- Leo’s Place  - Hatbot must really hate Soppy
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 10:51:12 PM by NotMiki »
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2017, 05:37:53 AM »
Steins;Gate- Gate of Steiner  vs  Persona 4: Dancing All Night- Snowflakes - Ugh all the anime flashbacks ;-;
 Castlevania: Harmony of Despair- Lost Paintings  vs  Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star- Altera’s Theme
 Megamari- Patchy’s Castle Stage 1+2  vs   Metroid Fusion- Serris X Boss Theme
 Super Mario World- Castle Theme  vs  Mass Effect 2- Suicide Mission

Atelier Escha and Logy- Alchemists of the Dusk Sky- Agame yo, Ware wa Shinki  vs  Drakengard 3- The Upcoming Battle/Armaros
Malicious Fallen- Abandoned City ~Convergence of Wisdom~ (NOTE: download link) vs  Terranigma- Crysta Village
 Wild ARMs- Boomerang Flash  vs  Scott Pilgrim vs The World- Leo’s Place - That's what, 3 times my noms were matched against each other?
 Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk- Tasogare  vs  Celestian Tales: Old North- The Ravager

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2017, 08:03:42 PM »
Steins;Gate- Gate of Steiner- iiiiiiiii vs Persona 4: Dancing All Night- Snowflakes - iiii
Castlevania: Harmony of Despair- Lost Paintings- iiiiiiiii vs Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star- Altera’s Theme- iii
Megamari- Patchy’s Castle Stage 1+2- iiiiiiiiiii vs  Metroid Fusion- Serris X Boss Theme - i
Super Mario World- Castle Theme- i vs Mass Effect 2- Suicide Mission - iiiiiiiiiii

Atelier Escha and Logy- Alchemists of the Dusk Sky- Agame yo, Ware wa Shinki- iiii vs Drakengard 3- The Upcoming Battle/Armaros - iiiiiiii
Malicious Fallen- Abandoned City ~Convergence of Wisdom~- iiiii  vs Terranigma- Crysta Village - ii
Wild ARMs- Boomerang Flash- iiiiii vs Scott Pilgrim vs The World- Leo’s Place - iiiiiii
Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk- Tasogare- iiiiiiiii vs Celestian Tales: Old North- The Ravager - iii
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.