Register

Author Topic: AGMT: R2, Pool 7  (Read 2259 times)

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
Re: AGMT: R2, Pool 7
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 01:02:11 AM »
BenCousins - Metal Gear Solid 2 BigShellWestBristol OC ReMix (Metal Gear Solid 2) vs The King of Fighters '99 Arrange Soundtrack - 176th Street (The King of Fighters '99) - 176th Street is okay, but I have just fallen in love with this Metal Gear Solid track.
Azupiano - Grand Silent (Final Fantasy 7) vs Arc the Lad Piano Album - Theme of Arc the Lad (Arc the Lad)
Beatmario, myu314 - Re: The title lies in ... you (Shoot the Bullet) vs S.S.H - Holy Orders: Be Just Or Be Dead (Guilty Gear series) - *squish*
Ogre ~GRAND REPEAT~ - Fight it out! (Ogre Battle) vs LukarDow - Rising Sun (Seiken Densetsu) - Can't say I like that Ogre Battle track...

Hale-Bopp - Summertime (Star Ocean) vs drammatica - The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura - Ruined Sparkling City (Legend of Mana)
Falcom jdk Band 2008 Spring - Overdosing Heavenly Bliss (The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki the 3rd) vs drammatica - The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura - Forgotten Wings ~Forgotten Wings~ (Live a Live) - Ah, good match. This is the closest fight of the pool for me. Had to ponder this one awhile.
The Wingless - Silent Hill 2 There was a Hole Here OC ReMix (Silent Hill 2) vs Wild ARMs Rocking Heart - Battle VS Lord Blazer (Wild ARMs 2) - More my style.
Gyakuten Saiban Meets Orchestra - Naruhodo Ryuuichi - Objection! (Phoenix Wright 1-3) vs housethegrate - Seized With Fury (Final Fantasy 6)

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 01:34:13 AM »
Doing this before pool 6 because I know most of the songs already.

BenCousins - Metal Gear Solid 2 BigShellWestBristol OC ReMix (Metal Gear Solid 2) vs The King of Fighters '99 Arrange Soundtrack - 176th Street (The King of Fighters '99) - Personal favorite etc.

Azupiano - Grand Silent (Final Fantasy 7) vs Arc the Lad Piano Album - Theme of Arc the Lad (Arc the Lad) - Bit of a tossup.

Beatmario, myu314 - Re: The title lies in ... you (Shoot the Bullet) vs S.S.H - Holy Orders: Be Just Or Be Dead (Guilty Gear series) - Slaughter.

Ogre ~GRAND REPEAT~ - Fight it out! (Ogre Battle) vs LukarDow - Rising Sun (Seiken Densetsu) - The other close match of the pool?

Hale-Bopp - Summertime (Star Ocean) vs drammatica - The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura - Ruined Sparkling City (Legend of Mana) - One sided.

Falcom jdk Band 2008 Spring - Overdosing Heavenly Bliss (The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki the 3rd) vs drammatica - The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura - Forgotten Wings ~Forgotten Wings~ (Live a Live) - Similarly one sided, though Falcom is good too.

The Wingless - Silent Hill 2 There was a Hole Here OC ReMix (Silent Hill 2) vs Wild ARMs Rocking Heart - Battle VS Lord Blazer (Wild ARMs 2) - One sided to me, personal favorite vs straight mix of personal nonfavorite.

Gyakuten Saiban Meets Orchestra - Naruhodo Ryuuichi - Objection! (Phoenix Wright 1-3) vs housethegrate - Seized With Fury (Final Fantasy 6) - Champ bait.

Glib comments, but this is a good pool.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 03:06:20 AM »
BenCousins - Metal Gear Solid 2 BigShellWestBristol OC ReMix (Metal Gear Solid 2) vs The King of Fighters '99 Arrange Soundtrack - 176th Street (The King of Fighters '99) - *shrug*

Azupiano - Grand Silent (Final Fantasy 7) vs Arc the Lad Piano Album - Theme of Arc the Lad (Arc the Lad) - Grand Silent is pretty.  AtL Theme, meanwhile, is its usual uninspiring self.

Beatmario, myu314 - Re: The title lies in ... you (Shoot the Bullet) vs S.S.H - Holy Orders: Be Just Or Be Dead (Guilty Gear series) - Echoing the not closeness

Ogre ~GRAND REPEAT~ - Fight it out! (Ogre Battle) vs LukarDow - Rising Sun (Seiken Densetsu) - Can't say I care much for either.

Hale-Bopp - Summertime (Star Ocean) vs drammatica - The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura - Ruined Sparkling City (Legend of Mana) - I don't think slaughter is a strong enough word to describe this match.

Falcom jdk Band 2008 Spring - Overdosing Heavenly Bliss (The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki the 3rd) vs drammatica - The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura - Forgotten Wings ~Forgotten Wings~ (Live a Live) - Not as close as I was expecting.

The Wingless - Silent Hill 2 There was a Hole Here OC ReMix (Silent Hill 2) vs Wild ARMs Rocking Heart - Battle VS Lord Blazer (Wild ARMs 2) - Yep.

Gyakuten Saiban Meets Orchestra - Naruhodo Ryuuichi - Objection! (Phoenix Wright 1-3) vs housethegrate - Seized With Fury (Final Fantasy 6) - More yep.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 02:53:37 AM »
BenCousins - Metal Gear Solid 2 BigShellWestBristol OC ReMix (Metal Gear Solid 2) vs The King of Fighters '99 Arrange Soundtrack - 176th Street (The King of Fighters '99)
-- Meh.

Azupiano - Grand Silent (Final Fantasy 7) vs Arc the Lad Piano Album - Theme of Arc the Lad (Arc the Lad)
-- Yay.

Beatmario, myu314 - Re: The title lies in ... you (Shoot the Bullet) vs S.S.H - Holy Orders: Be Just Or Be Dead (Guilty Gear series)
-- Meh.

Ogre ~GRAND REPEAT~ - Fight it out! (Ogre Battle) vs LukarDow - Rising Sun (Seiken Densetsu)
-- Yay.

Hale-Bopp - Summertime (Star Ocean) vs drammatica - The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura - Ruined Sparkling City (Legend of Mana)
-- Oh hey finally one that's worth thinking about.  Think Shimomura takes this though.

Falcom jdk Band 2008 Spring - Overdosing Heavenly Bliss (The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki the 3rd) vs drammatica - The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura - Forgotten Wings ~Forgotten Wings~ (Live a Live)
-- This Falcom jdk Band 2008 Spring vs. drammatica crap has to stop.  Damnit Tonfa.

The Wingless - Silent Hill 2 There was a Hole Here OC ReMix (Silent Hill 2) vs Wild ARMs Rocking Heart - Battle VS Lord Blazer (Wild ARMs 2)
-- ROADBRAZA

Gyakuten Saiban Meets Orchestra - Naruhodo Ryuuichi - Objection! (Phoenix Wright 1-3) vs housethegrate - Seized With Fury (Final Fantasy 6)
-- Objection!  Well, the other one is good too.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 03:05:46 AM by Talaysen »

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 10:57:12 AM »
BenCousins - Metal Gear Solid 2 BigShellWestBristol OC ReMix (Metal Gear Solid 2) vs The King of Fighters '99 Arrange Soundtrack - 176th Street (The King of Fighters '99): Don't like the other one at all.
Azupiano - Grand Silent (Final Fantasy 7) vs Arc the Lad Piano Album - Theme of Arc the Lad (Arc the Lad): Mediocrity 2: The Revenge
Beatmario, myu314 - Re: The title lies in ... you (Shoot the Bullet) vs S.S.H - Holy Orders: Be Just Or Be Dead (Guilty Gear series): Well this is not difficult.
Ogre ~GRAND REPEAT~ - Fight it out! (Ogre Battle) vs LukarDow - Rising Sun (Seiken Densetsu): More my style.
Hale-Bopp - Summertime (Star Ocean) vs drammatica - The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura - Ruined Sparkling City (Legend of Mana): Ah, now we hit the good half of this pool. Mmm.
Falcom jdk Band 2008 Spring - Overdosing Heavenly Bliss (The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki the 3rd) vs drammatica - The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura - Forgotten Wings ~Forgotten Wings~ (Live a Live): This is like, the finals. Why do I have to do this.
The Wingless - Silent Hill 2 There was a Hole Here OC ReMix (Silent Hill 2) vs Wild ARMs Rocking Heart - Battle VS Lord Blazer (Wild ARMs 2): Easy enough.
Gyakuten Saiban Meets Orchestra - Naruhodo Ryuuichi - Objection! (Phoenix Wright 1-3) vs housethegrate - Seized With Fury (Final Fantasy 6): Also easy.
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 07:07:55 AM »
BenCousins - Metal Gear Solid 2 BigShellWestBristol OC ReMix (Metal Gear Solid 2) vs The King of Fighters '99 Arrange Soundtrack - 176th Street (The King of Fighters '99)
Not King of Fighters.

The Piano Battle is two very nice pieces against each other.  But as much as I like the Arc the Lad theme, it just can't hold up against Grand Silent.

Beatmario, myu314 - Re: The title lies in ... you (Shoot the Bullet) vs S.S.H - Holy Orders: Be Just Or Be Dead (Guilty Gear series)
Huh, me, Holy Order bias?  Nahhh

Ogre ~GRAND REPEAT~ - Fight it out! (Ogre Battle) vs LukarDow - Rising Sun (Seiken Densetsu)
I like the Yoko stuff, just like Summertime better.

Falcom jdk Band 2008 Spring - Overdosing Heavenly Bliss (The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki the 3rd) vs drammatica - The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura - Forgotten Wings ~Forgotten Wings~ (Live a Live)
I love that piece, and this just makes it better.

The Wingless - Silent Hill 2 There was a Hole Here OC ReMix (Silent Hill 2) vs Wild ARMs Rocking Heart - Battle VS Lord Blazer (Wild ARMs 2)
Close match, but I think I'm feeling the Silent Hill love a little more right now.

I love Objection, love it to bits and would take it over a few other winners here.  But, I love Seized with Fury even more.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 11:37:25 AM »

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2008, 03:21:54 AM »

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2008, 11:16:48 AM »
BigShellWestBristol vs 176th Street - Less irredeeming features. Horrible start to the round ._.
Grand Silent vs Theme of Arc the Lad - Easy
Re: The title lies in ... you vs Holy Orders: Be Just Or Be Dead - Urgh.
Fight it out! vs Rising Sun - Simple
Summertime vs Ruined Sparkling City - Simple
Overdosing Heavenly Bliss vs Forgotten Wings ~Forgotten Wings~ - Don't care much for either.
There was a Hole Here vs Battle VS Lord Blazer - Simple enough
Objection! vs Seized With Fury - Easy. This round was horrible.

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2008, 07:15:33 PM »
Results.

BenCousins - Metal Gear Solid 2 BigShellWestBristol OC ReMix (Metal Gear Solid 2) 7
The King of Fighters '99 Arrange Soundtrack - 176th Street (The King of Fighters '99) 2

Azupiano - Grand Silent (Final Fantasy 7) 6
Arc the Lad Piano Album - Theme of Arc the Lad (Arc the Lad) 3

Beatmario, myu314 - Re: The title lies in ... you (Shoot the Bullet) 1
S.S.H - Holy Orders: Be Just Or Be Dead (Guilty Gear series) 8

Ogre ~GRAND REPEAT~ - Fight it out! (Ogre Battle) 2
LukarDow - Rising Sun (Seiken Densetsu) 6

Hale-Bopp - Summertime (Star Ocean) 2
drammatica - The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura - Ruined Sparkling City (Legend of Mana) 7

Falcom jdk Band 2008 Spring - Overdosing Heavenly Bliss (The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki the 3rd) 5
drammatica - The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura - Forgotten Wings ~Forgotten Wings~ (Live a Live) 4

The Wingless - Silent Hill 2 There was a Hole Here OC ReMix (Silent Hill 2) 5
Wild ARMs Rocking Heart - Battle VS Lord Blazer (Wild ARMs 2) 4

Gyakuten Saiban Meets Orchestra - Naruhodo Ryuuichi - Objection! (Phoenix Wright 1-3) 4
housethegrate - Seized With Fury (Final Fantasy 6) 5
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!