Author Topic: AGMT: R2, Pool 3  (Read 2591 times)

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
Re: AGMT: R2, Pool 3
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 03:32:25 AM »
CarbohydroM - The duck side of the moon (Duck Tales) vs Tsukigatari - Tsukigatari - Image Song of Arcueid Brunestud (Tsukihime) - Yep, Tsukigatari is still pleasant.
DarkeSword - The Father Of All (Megaman X4) vs Aether - Meridian Dance (Seiken Densetsu 3) - Yeesh. I had to think about this one for a while since both are great. Very close match.
Game Over - The Grim Reaper (Castlevania 1) vs The Black Mages - Clash on the Big Bridge (Final Fantasy 5) - I actually like Grim Reaper (I'm probably the only one here who does), but it just can't stand up to the might of Big Bridge.
Redeemer - Swivel (Seiken Densetsu 3) vs Morrigan - I-III / Excalibur (Fate/Stay Night) - Easy win for Excalibur.

Xenogears: Creid - Melkaba (Xenogears) vs The Black Mages - Maybe I'm A Lion (Final Fantasy 8) - Melkaba isn't the best track in the Creid collection...but then again, Maybe I'm a Lion isn't the best Black Mages track either. Eh, they're both decent, so I guess this one's just a matter of personal preference.
The King Of Fighters '96 Arrange Soundtrack - Arashii no Saxophone 2 (The King of Fighters '96) vs FFVI Piano Collection - Celes (Final Fantasy 6) - Much prettier.
Stella Deus BGM ReArrange Album - Sky Ray (Stella Deus) vs JigginJonT - The Flood Plain OC (F-Zero) - Much much prettier.
The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki FC & SC Super Arrange Version - I swear... Instrumental Ver. (The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki) vs efs - Ryuunosuke Akutagawa's Kappa Arrange (Mountain of Faith) - Super Arrange Whateverit'scalled doesn't too much for me. The Kappa, however, has me thoroughly captivated.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 04:34:38 AM »

CarbohydroM - The duck side of the moon (Duck Tales) vs Tsukigatari - Tsukigatari - Image Song of Arcueid Brunestud (Tsukihime) - Good vs. merely okay

DarkeSword - The Father Of All (Megaman X4) vs Aether - Meridian Dance (Seiken Densetsu 3) - Closish match, but not close enough.

Game Over - The Grim Reaper (Castlevania 1) vs The Black Mages - Clash on the Big Bridge (Final Fantasy 5) - Slaughter.

Redeemer - Swivel (Seiken Densetsu 3) vs Morrigan - I-III / Excalibur (Fate/Stay Night) - Swivel's a nice piece, but Excalibur's going to be tough to beat.

Xenogears: Creid - Melkaba (Xenogears) vs The Black Mages - Maybe I'm A Lion (Final Fantasy 8) - As I said last round, I don't care for Maybe I'm A Lion.  Helps that I actually like the opposing track.

The King Of Fighters '96 Arrange Soundtrack - Arashii no Saxophone 2 (The King of Fighters '96) vs FFVI Piano Collection - Celes (Final Fantasy 6) - Both are decent and not much more.

Stella Deus BGM ReArrange Album - Sky Ray (Stella Deus) vs JigginJonT - The Flood Plain OC (F-Zero) - Doesn't have that long awkward pause at the beginning.

The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki FC & SC Super Arrange Version - I swear... Instrumental Ver. (The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki) vs efs - Ryuunosuke Akutagawa's Kappa Arrange (Mountain of Faith) - This is not at all close.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 06:53:37 PM »
CarbohydroM - The duck side of the moon (Duck Tales) vs Tsukigatari - Tsukigatari - Image Song of Arcueid Brunestud (Tsukihime) - Heartbreaking match, one favorite must fall, etc.

DarkeSword - The Father Of All (Megaman X4) vs Aether - Meridian Dance (Seiken Densetsu 3) - Sure, why not.

Game Over - The Grim Reaper (Castlevania 1) vs The Black Mages - Clash on the Big Bridge (Final Fantasy 5) - No chance this will win here, but as previously stated I just don't like what the Black Mages did to Big Bridge.  Hey, Grim Reaper got one win, that's more than I expected out of it.

Redeemer - Swivel (Seiken Densetsu 3) vs Morrigan - I-III / Excalibur (Fate/Stay Night) - This, now, this isn't close.

Xenogears: Creid - Melkaba (Xenogears) vs The Black Mages - Maybe I'm A Lion (Final Fantasy 8) - Actually everything the Black Mages do for me falls into "Really awesome" or "kinda lame."  This is in the latter category... but I'd probably vote Merkava over good BM anyhow.

The King Of Fighters '96 Arrange Soundtrack - Arashii no Saxophone 2 (The King of Fighters '96) vs FFVI Piano Collection - Celes (Final Fantasy 6) - Both are good.  Genre bias.

Stella Deus BGM ReArrange Album - Sky Ray (Stella Deus) vs JigginJonT - The Flood Plain OC (F-Zero) - Generally better.

The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki FC & SC Super Arrange Version - I swear... Instrumental Ver. (The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki) vs efs - Ryuunosuke Akutagawa's Kappa Arrange (Mountain of Faith) - Oh, why not.  Both good, let's go with the one that makes me smile more.

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 12:43:51 AM »
CarbohydroM - The duck side of the moon (Duck Tales) vs Tsukigatari - Tsukigatari - Image Song of Arcueid Brunestud (Tsukihime)
DarkeSword - The Father Of All (Megaman X4) vs Aether - Meridian Dance (Seiken Densetsu 3)
Game Over - The Grim Reaper (Castlevania 1) vs The Black Mages - Clash on the Big Bridge (Final Fantasy 5)
Redeemer - Swivel (Seiken Densetsu 3) vs Morrigan - I-III / Excalibur (Fate/Stay Night)
Xenogears: Creid - Melkaba (Xenogears) vs The Black Mages - Maybe I'm A Lion (Final Fantasy 8)
The King Of Fighters '96 Arrange Soundtrack - Arashii no Saxophone 2 (The King of Fighters '96) vs FFVI Piano Collection - Celes (Final Fantasy 6)
Stella Deus BGM ReArrange Album - Sky Ray (Stella Deus) vs JigginJonT - The Flood Plain OC (F-Zero)
The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki FC & SC Super Arrange Version - I swear... Instrumental Ver. (The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki) vs efs - Ryuunosuke Akutagawa's Kappa Arrange (Mountain of Faith)

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2008, 03:58:03 AM »
CarbohydroM - The duck side of the moon (Duck Tales) vs Tsukigatari - Tsukigatari - Image Song of Arcueid Brunestud (Tsukihime)
Still not a fan of duck side, though it's passable.
DarkeSword - The Father Of All (Megaman X4) vs Aether - Meridian Dance (Seiken Densetsu 3)
Not close.
Game Over - The Grim Reaper (Castlevania 1) vs The Black Mages - Clash on the Big Bridge (Final Fantasy 5)
Yeah.
Redeemer - Swivel (Seiken Densetsu 3) vs Morrigan - I-III / Excalibur (Fate/Stay Night)
Don't get me wrong, there are parts to Excalibur I like, and Swivel is short and not overly ambitious.  But hey, Swivel works, while Excalibur just strikes me as a mess.  A talented mess, sure, but not enough here.
Xenogears: Creid - Melkaba (Xenogears) vs The Black Mages - Maybe I'm A Lion (Final Fantasy 8)
The BM piece is...  interesting.  Still ike the original more, though the BM piece has its merits.  Melkaba is meanwhile pretty awesome (even if spelled horribly).
The King Of Fighters '96 Arrange Soundtrack - Arashii no Saxophone 2 (The King of Fighters '96) vs FFVI Piano Collection - Celes (Final Fantasy 6)
Both okay, could go either way.
Stella Deus BGM ReArrange Album - Sky Ray (Stella Deus) vs JigginJonT - The Flood Plain OC (F-Zero)
Flood Plain is nap-worthy, Sky Ray is good.
The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki FC & SC Super Arrange Version - I swear... Instrumental Ver. (The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki) vs efs - Ryuunosuke Akutagawa's Kappa Arrange (Mountain of Faith)
Really good vs. really meh.

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2008, 08:32:13 PM »
CarbohydroM - The duck side of the moon (Duck Tales) vs Tsukigatari - Tsukigatari - Image Song of Arcueid Brunestud (Tsukihime) - I've always liked the moon music, even the original.  Nostalgia factor or something here?  I dunno.  Arc's song is good too, though.
DarkeSword - The Father Of All (Megaman X4) vs Aether - Meridian Dance (Seiken Densetsu 3) - Apparently I'm not currently in the mood for the same kind of music the rest of y'all are. :P
Game Over - The Grim Reaper (Castlevania 1) vs The Black Mages - Clash on the Big Bridge (Final Fantasy 5) - I do like what they did with the Big Bridge.  The Castlevania song is still surprisingly good, though.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 06:31:25 AM by Yakumo »

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2008, 01:21:28 AM »
-- I guess.

-- I guess.

-- Needs more Bloody Tears.

-- I guess.

-- Yeah, well, maybe you're NOT.

-- Fun fact: pianos are better than saxophones.

-- Yay more FFT remixes!(?)

-- Easy enough.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2008, 08:14:29 AM »
Very good match, I'll be sad to see one go.

Eh, it's a pretty enough rendition of Meridian Dance.  Not a riviting match though.

Love this song.

It's not Swivel, which is good enough for me!

Don't care much for the Creid stuff.

I can't stand that KoF piece.

I really don't see the attraction of Sky Ray.

Eh...  Kappa isn't bad per se, just...  something about it feels off.

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2008, 10:57:56 AM »
CarbohydroM - The duck side of the moon (Duck Tales) vs Tsukigatari - Tsukigatari - Image Song of Arcueid Brunestud (Tsukihime): Mm, I find Tsukigatari excellent now. On the other hand duck side is just...there.
DarkeSword - The Father Of All (Megaman X4) vs Aether - Meridian Dance (Seiken Densetsu 3): Match of alright.
Game Over - The Grim Reaper (Castlevania 1) vs The Black Mages - Clash on the Big Bridge (Final Fantasy 5): Hah.
Redeemer - Swivel (Seiken Densetsu 3) vs Morrigan - I-III / Excalibur (Fate/Stay Night): Good vs not so much.
Xenogears: Creid - Melkaba (Xenogears) vs The Black Mages - Maybe I'm A Lion (Final Fantasy 8): Melkaba is still excellent.
The King Of Fighters '96 Arrange Soundtrack - Arashii no Saxophone 2 (The King of Fighters '96) vs FFVI Piano Collection - Celes (Final Fantasy 6): Both are personal favorites, Saxophone much more so. EDIT: Wait, I screwed up and recalled this to be the excellent Forever Rachel mix for some reason. Okay much more clearly in favor of Saxophone.
Stella Deus BGM ReArrange Album - Sky Ray (Stella Deus) vs JigginJonT - The Flood Plain OC (F-Zero): Does its thing better.
The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki FC & SC Super Arrange Version - I swear... Instrumental Ver. (The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki) vs efs - Ryuunosuke Akutagawa's Kappa Arrange (Mountain of Faith): Yeah, this isn't hard.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 11:17:52 AM by Tonfa »
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2008, 10:31:18 PM »

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2008, 02:39:22 AM »
CarbohydroM - The duck side of the moon (Duck Tales) vs Tsukigatari - Tsukigatari - Image Song of Arcueid Brunestud (Tsukihime): Arcueid crush puny ducks.
DarkeSword - The Father Of All (Megaman X4) vs Aether - Meridian Dance (Seiken Densetsu 3): I guess. Neither is real special.
Game Over - The Grim Reaper (Castlevania 1) vs The Black Mages - Clash on the Big Bridge (Final Fantasy 5): Y'know, I love the Black Mages track here, but the Castlevania song is just so endearingly cornball that I have to vote for it.
Redeemer - Swivel (Seiken Densetsu 3) vs Morrigan - I-III / Excalibur (Fate/Stay Night): Both are decent, but I find the former more memorable and quirky.
Xenogears: Creid - Melkaba (Xenogears) vs The Black Mages - Maybe I'm A Lion (Final Fantasy 8): Just feeling the cheesy rock music more right now.
The King Of Fighters '96 Arrange Soundtrack - Arashii no Saxophone 2 (The King of Fighters '96) vs FFVI Piano Collection - Celes (Final Fantasy 6): Not hard. The opposition is not Cidstyle.
Stella Deus BGM ReArrange Album - Sky Ray (Stella Deus) vs JigginJonT - The Flood Plain OC (F-Zero): Big Blue owns this pool.
The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki FC & SC Super Arrange Version - I swear... Instrumental Ver. (The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki) vs efs - Ryuunosuke Akutagawa's Kappa Arrange (Mountain of Faith): Blasted mediocre ttracks, stop making me vote for kappa music.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 03:01:11 AM by El Cideon »

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2008, 11:01:34 AM »
The duck side of the moon vs Tsukigatari - Image Song of Arcueid Brunestud - Easy
The Father Of All vs Meridian Dance - Easy
The Grim Reaper vs Clash on the Big Bridge - Easy
Swivel vs I-III / Excalibur - Lame versus Lame-to-Middling
Melkaba vs Maybe I'm A Lion - The only worse thing than garbage like Melkaba getting in and Two Wings/Moebius not, is that it's still managing to be better than its opposition. Rage.
Arashii no Saxophone 2 vs Celes - Meh
Sky Ray vs The Flood Plain - Go away, FZero.
I swear... Instrumental Ver. vs Ryuunosuke Akutagawa's Kappa Arrange - Simple

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2008, 03:16:22 AM »
Results.

CarbohydroM - The duck side of the moon (Duck Tales) 2
Tsukigatari - Tsukigatari - Image Song of Arcueid Brunestud (Tsukihime) 10

DarkeSword - The Father Of All (Megaman X4) 2
Aether - Meridian Dance (Seiken Densetsu 3) 10

Game Over - The Grim Reaper (Castlevania 1) 4
The Black Mages - Clash on the Big Bridge (Final Fantasy 5) 8

Redeemer - Swivel (Seiken Densetsu 3) 2
Morrigan - I-III / Excalibur (Fate/Stay Night) 9

Xenogears: Creid - Melkaba (Xenogears) 8
The Black Mages - Maybe I'm A Lion (Final Fantasy 8) 4

The King Of Fighters '96 Arrange Soundtrack - Arashii no Saxophone 2 (The King of Fighters '96) 3
FFVI Piano Collection - Celes (Final Fantasy 6) 8

Stella Deus BGM ReArrange Album - Sky Ray (Stella Deus) 7
JigginJonT - The Flood Plain OC (F-Zero) 4

The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki FC & SC Super Arrange Version - I swear... Instrumental Ver. (The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki) 7
efs - Ryuunosuke Akutagawa's Kappa Arrange (Mountain of Faith) 4
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!