Author Topic: AGMT: R1, Pool 16  (Read 2304 times)

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
Re: AGMT: R1, Pool 16
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 10:25:43 PM »
Wow, the links finally works for me after so long.

Xenogears Creid - June Mermaid (Xenogears) vs The Songs of Zemeth ~Ys VI Vocal Version~ - MIGHTY OBSTACLE ~The Wind of Zemeth (Ys VI)- Song of Zemeth is close to unlitsenable outside Pandora
Falcom jdk Band 2008 Spring - Silver Will (The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki 1st) vs Akineko Melodius Drive (AKHT) - Big Bridge (Euro) (Final Fantasy V) - That actually is my least favorite version of Silver Will....
Dark Chronicle Premium Arrange - Flame Demon Monster Giltoni (Dark Chronicle) vs kLuTzMusic - 600 A.D. Piano Arrangement (Chrono Trigger) - No love for Giltonia at all
Ys Origin Super Arrange Version - YSY -Shiho no Hoko- (Ys Origin) vs Snappleman - Malicious Fingers (Sonic the Hedgehog) - My utter most favorite from Flacom outside Sora wo Miagete ending ver. versus somethign from sonic.
Partena's Mirror / Metroid - BGM Medley (Kid Icarus) vs Cave Story Remix Project - Grass Stains (Cave Story)
Motoi Sakuraba Live Concert Star Ocean & Valkyrie Profile - Hand to Hand (Star Ocean Blue Sphere) vs Trenthian - HisFirstGoodDeed (Breath of Fire)
The Black Mages - Those Who Fight Further (FFVII) vs COOL&CREATE - K.A.P.P.A (Mountain of Faith)
kyu - Still in the Rain (little Busters!) vs The Black Mages - Dancing Mad (Final Fantasy 6)

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 02:08:07 AM »
Xenogears Creid - June Mermaid (Xenogears) vs The Songs of Zemeth ~Ys VI Vocal Version~ - MIGHTY OBSTACLE ~The Wind of Zemeth (Ys VI) - Ew. Song of Zemeth actually made me wince at several points. June Mermaid is nothing special, but it's good enough to win this one.
Falcom jdk Band 2008 Spring - Silver Will (The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki 1st) vs Akineko Melodius Drive (AKHT) - Big Bridge (Euro) (Final Fantasy V) - They're both pleasant in their own way. Coin-flip match.
Dark Chronicle Premium Arrange - Flame Demon Monster Giltoni (Dark Chronicle) vs kLuTzMusic - 600 A.D. Piano Arrangement (Chrono Trigger) - Gets points for being more ambitious. Despite my love of straight piano music, 600 A.D. never did much for me.
Ys Origin Super Arrange Version - YSY -Shiho no Hoko- (Ys Origin) vs Snappleman - Malicious Fingers (Sonic the Hedgehog) - Shiho no Hoko started out pretty, but it didn't really do a whole lot after that. Being moderately pretty isn't quite enough to win here, I think.

Partena's Mirror / Metroid - BGM Medley (Kid Icarus) vs Cave Story Remix Project - Grass Stains (Cave Story) - Meh.
Motoi Sakuraba Live Concert Star Ocean & Valkyrie Profile - Hand to Hand (Star Ocean Blue Sphere) vs Trenthian - HisFirstGoodDeed (Breath of Fire) - Meh 2: The Meh Returns
The Black Mages - Those Who Fight Further (FFVII) vs COOL&CREATE - K.A.P.P.A (Mountain of Faith) - Third Installment: Meh 3: The Continuing Misadventures of the Splendiferous Meh Brigade (Digitally Remastered Edition)
kyu - Still in the Rain (little Busters!) vs The Black Mages - Dancing Mad (Final Fantasy 6) - Okay, good, no more meh. Dancing Mad wins by virtue of it actually, you know, going somewhere instead of being the same 30-second tune played over and over again.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 07:49:32 PM »
Xenogears Creid - June Mermaid (Xenogears) vs The Songs of Zemeth ~Ys VI Vocal Version~ - MIGHTY OBSTACLE ~The Wind of Zemeth (Ys VI)
Eh, good enough to win over the unremarkable June Mermaid.

Falcom jdk Band 2008 Spring - Silver Will (The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki 1st) vs Akineko Melodius Drive (AKHT) - Big Bridge (Euro) (Final Fantasy V)
Less generic

Dark Chronicle Premium Arrange - Flame Demon Monster Giltoni (Dark Chronicle) vs kLuTzMusic - 600 A.D. Piano Arrangement (Chrono Trigger)
Huh, not a close fight yet.

Ys Origin Super Arrange Version - YSY -Shiho no Hoko- (Ys Origin) vs Snappleman - Malicious Fingers (Sonic the Hedgehog)
I like the piece.

Partena's Mirror / Metroid - BGM Medley (Kid Icarus) vs Cave Story Remix Project - Grass Stains (Cave Story)
Grass Stains is surprisingly good.  Just a solidly nice rocking little tune.

Motoi Sakuraba Live Concert Star Ocean & Valkyrie Profile - Hand to Hand (Star Ocean Blue Sphere) vs Trenthian - HisFirstGoodDeed (Breath of Fire)
Neither of these really light my fire, so easy win for Grass Stains next round.

The Black Mages - Those Who Fight Further (FFVII) vs COOL&CREATE - K.A.P.P.A (Mountain of Faith)
Someone else nomming this track saved me the trouble.  Though that is a half decent Touhou mix.

kyu - Still in the Rain (little Busters!) vs The Black Mages - Dancing Mad (Final Fantasy 6)
Tier 3 isn't worth noting here, but epic guitar solo is still epic.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 05:35:19 AM »
Xenogears Creid - June Mermaid (Xenogears) vs The Songs of Zemeth ~Ys VI Vocal Version~ - MIGHTY OBSTACLE ~The Wind of Zemeth (Ys VI)
Slaughter.
Falcom jdk Band 2008 Spring - Silver Will (The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki 1st) vs Akineko Melodius Drive (AKHT) - Big Bridge (Euro) (Final Fantasy V)
Slaughter mk. II.
Dark Chronicle Premium Arrange - Flame Demon Monster Giltoni (Dark Chronicle) vs kLuTzMusic - 600 A.D. Piano Arrangement (Chrono Trigger)
Slaughter mk. III.
Ys Origin Super Arrange Version - YSY -Shiho no Hoko- (Ys Origin) vs Snappleman - Malicious Fingers (Sonic the Hedgehog)
Slaughter mk. IV.
Sl- wait, these are both bad.  Dang, I have to think now.  Grass Stains is kinda catchy, I'll grant, while Kid Icarus is totally forgettable.
Random comment: I like Sakuraba, but his arrangements are almost always forgettable and worse than the original.  WTH.  Also BoF generally has meh music.  That said, the winner is clear.
Yeah nice try no.  KAPPA is actually okay but it's totally not winning here.
I can't get Little Busters to load, but if what others have said is true I doubt I'll be editing my vote.

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 09:50:14 AM »
Random comment: I like Sakuraba, but his arrangements are almost always forgettable and worse than the original.  WTH.
Ha, interesting to know. I generally find Sakuraba's original tracks unbearable to listen to, but well his arrange really fixes things up. especially when he replaces his synth with classical instruments in the arranges. He probably is the artist that makes most difference when switching instruments, even with identical melodies, I find his tracks to be much better when he gets rid off the synth.

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 10:19:00 AM »
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 01:31:22 PM »
June Mermaid vs MIGHTY OBSTACLE ~The Wind of Zemeth - Great. Scrubby Creid versus annoying singing. Let's go with singing to represent my annoyance that none of the best Creid songs got in.
Silver Will vs Big Bridge (Euro) - Moves much more faster.
Flame Demon Monster Giltoni vs 600 A.D. Piano Arrangement - All-over-the-placery versus Piano. What a difficult decision.
YSY -Shihou no Houkou- vs Malicious Fingers - Damn nice song versus lame Sonic.
BGM Medley vs Grass Stains - Couple of nice tracks. But the Medley is pretty nice whereas Grass is only somewhat nice.
Hand to Hand vs His First Good Deed - I've always found HFGD considerably nifty. HtH isn't really anywhere near good enough to beat that boundary.
Those Who Fight Further vs K.A.P.P.A - Not Fighting versus Not Good Singing. I think I prefer the former version of lame.
Still in the Rain vs Dancing Mad - Ya, Rain here isn't going to win any prizes.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2008, 05:55:25 PM »
-- Easy.

-- Also easy.

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2008, 10:33:05 PM »
Results.

Xenogears Creid - June Mermaid (Xenogears)  3
The Songs of Zemeth ~Ys VI Vocal Version~ - MIGHTY OBSTACLE ~The Wind of Zemeth (Ys VI) 3 (tiebreak)

Falcom jdk Band 2008 Spring - Silver Will (The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki 1st) 3 (tiebreak)
Akineko Melodius Drive (AKHT) - Big Bridge (Euro) (Final Fantasy V) 3

Dark Chronicle Premium Arrange - Flame Demon Monster Giltoni (Dark Chronicle) 2
kLuTzMusic - 600 A.D. Piano Arrangement (Chrono Trigger) 4

Ys Origin Super Arrange Version - YSY -Shiho no Hoko- (Ys Origin) 5
Snappleman - Malicious Fingers (Sonic the Hedgehog) 1

Partena's Mirror / Metroid - BGM Medley (Kid Icarus) 1
Cave Story Remix Project - Grass Stains (Cave Story) 4

Motoi Sakuraba Live Concert Star Ocean & Valkyrie Profile - Hand to Hand (Star Ocean Blue Sphere) 2
Trenthian - HisFirstGoodDeed (Breath of Fire) 3

The Black Mages - Those Who Fight Further (FFVII) 4
COOL&CREATE - K.A.P.P.A (Mountain of Faith) 1

kyu - Still in the Rain (little Busters!) 0
The Black Mages - Dancing Mad (Final Fantasy 6) 5
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 10:40:48 PM by Tonfa »
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!