imageRegister

Author Topic: AGMT: R1, Pool 14  (Read 3973 times)

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
AGMT: R1, Pool 14
« on: November 05, 2008, 07:05:53 AM »
The proof is in the pudding. The pudding...of their doom.

And we have one last gigatrack in this pool. You should be able to figure out which one with a bit of detective work.

S.S.H - Summer Vacation Game Music Festival (Shin Megami Tensei 2, Castlevania series, Guilty Gear X, Romancing SaGa 2, Thunderforce 5, The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki the 3rd, Guilty Gear, Shin Megami Tensei 1, Final Fantasy series, Super Robot Wars series, Romancing SaGa 3, Megaman X, Street Fighter 2, Dragon Slayer series, Super Robot Wars Impact, Final Fantasy 1, Hiouden, SaGa 2, Final Fantasy 5, Sorcerian, Broken Thunder) vs Hale-Bopp - Summertime (Star Ocean)
drammatica - The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura - Ruined Sparkling City (Legend of Mana) vs OKKUSENMAN (another version) (Megaman 2)
S.S.H - Theme Of Meia Worzen [live Guitar] (Dragon Slayer 4) vs Falcom jdk Band 2008 Spring - Overdosing Heavenly Bliss (The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki the 3rd)
Russell Cox - To Zanarkand Once Again (Final Fantasy X) vs drammatica - The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura - Forgotten Wings ~Forgotten Wings~ (Live a Live)
The Wingless - Silent Hill 2 There was a Hole Here OC ReMix (Silent Hill 2) vs Tsukigaokashoryo - The Doll Maker of Bucuresti (Perfect Cherry Blossom)
Wild ARMs Rocking Heart - Battle VS Lord Blazer (Wild ARMs 2) vs Brave Heart - Dragon Spirit & Dragon Saber Arrange - Fault Line [Dragon Spirit - Area 05] (Dragon Spirit)
LukarDow - Burning Blood (SaGa 2) vs Gyakuten Saiban Meets Orchestra - Naruhodo Ryuuichi - Objection! (Phoenix Wright 1-3)
housethegrate - Seized With Fury (Final Fantasy 6) vs FF5 Dear Friends - My Home Sweet Home (Final Fantasy 5)
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
Re: AGMT: R1, Pool 14
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 01:17:20 AM »
S.S.H - Summer Vacation Game Music Festival (Shin Megami Tensei 2, Castlevania series, Guilty Gear X, Romancing SaGa 2, Thunderforce 5, The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki the 3rd, Guilty Gear, Shin Megami Tensei 1, Final Fantasy series, Super Robot Wars series, Romancing SaGa 3, Megaman X, Street Fighter 2, Dragon Slayer series, Super Robot Wars Impact, Final Fantasy 1, Hiouden, SaGa 2, Final Fantasy 5, Sorcerian, Broken Thunder) vs Hale-Bopp - Summertime (Star Ocean) - Oh, so this is the track that has the longest title in the history of everything. Unlike the other giga-tracks, I actually made an attempt to listen to this one. I heard just enough of it vote against it without feeling guilty.
drammatica - The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura - Ruined Sparkling City (Legend of Mana) vs OKKUSENMAN (another version) (Megaman 2) - Oh, for the love of... come on, do we really need to listen to two versions of this horrid song? Honestly. Drammatica beats Okkusenman even worse than Obama beat McCain last night. Oh yes I did just say that!
S.S.H - Theme Of Meia Worzen [live Guitar] (Dragon Slayer 4) vs Falcom jdk Band 2008 Spring - Overdosing Heavenly Bliss (The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki the 3rd) - Hot damn. The Falcom tracks continue to impress.
Russell Cox - To Zanarkand Once Again (Final Fantasy X) vs drammatica - The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura - Forgotten Wings ~Forgotten Wings~ (Live a Live) - That awesome track came from Live a Live? Seriously? Huh.

The Wingless - Silent Hill 2 There was a Hole Here OC ReMix (Silent Hill 2) vs Tsukigaokashoryo - The Doll Maker of Bucuresti (Perfect Cherry Blossom) - More apathy for the PCB remixes.
Wild ARMs Rocking Heart - Battle VS Lord Blazer (Wild ARMs 2) vs Brave Heart - Dragon Spirit & Dragon Saber Arrange - Fault Line [Dragon Spirit - Area 05] (Dragon Spirit) - Meh
LukarDow - Burning Blood (SaGa 2) vs Gyakuten Saiban Meets Orchestra - Naruhodo Ryuuichi - Objection! (Phoenix Wright 1-3) Burning Blood was okay. Not great, but okay. Objection was ever-so-slightly above average to me.
housethegrate - Seized With Fury (Final Fantasy 6) vs FF5 Dear Friends - My Home Sweet Home (Final Fantasy 5) - Home Sweet Home is pleasant enough, but Seized with Fury is going to be really tough to beat. That is one rockin' remix.

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 05:32:45 AM »
Extending the deadline for these pools by 72 hours due to Putfile issues lately.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 08:14:44 PM »
S.S.H - Summer Vacation Game Music Festival (Shin Megami Tensei 2, Castlevania series, Guilty Gear X, Romancing SaGa 2, Thunderforce 5, The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki the 3rd, Guilty Gear, Shin Megami Tensei 1, Final Fantasy series, Super Robot Wars series, Romancing SaGa 3, Megaman X, Street Fighter 2, Dragon Slayer series, Super Robot Wars Impact, Final Fantasy 1, Hiouden, SaGa 2, Final Fantasy 5, Sorcerian, Broken Thunder) vs Hale-Bopp - Summertime (Star Ocean)
The SSH piece has some highs and some lows, and generally feels fairly disjointed which isn't surprising with something of that size.  Meanwhile, Summertime is just one long high.

drammatica - The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura - Ruined Sparkling City (Legend of Mana) vs OKKUSENMAN (another version) (Megaman 2)
I was going to say this was a good fight, and then possibly vote for Okkusenman, and then the last forty seconds of Okkusenman hit.

S.S.H - Theme Of Meia Worzen [live Guitar] (Dragon Slayer 4) vs Falcom jdk Band 2008 Spring - Overdosing Heavenly Bliss (The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki the 3rd)
Not that enthused by this Falcom piece.

Russell Cox - To Zanarkand Once Again (Final Fantasy X) vs drammatica - The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura - Forgotten Wings ~Forgotten Wings~ (Live a Live)
That was a remix?  Ah well, something which really hasn't changed vs. something which took a good piece and not only changed it significantly, but seems to have made it better in doing so.  I approve.

The Wingless - Silent Hill 2 There was a Hole Here OC ReMix (Silent Hill 2) vs Tsukigaokashoryo - The Doll Maker of Bucuresti (Perfect Cherry Blossom)
I like his SH2 piece, it's a nice piano piece with the supporting drumbeat not only being fitting for a survival horror track, but also being subtly in the background.

Wild ARMs Rocking Heart - Battle VS Lord Blazer (Wild ARMs 2) vs Brave Heart - Dragon Spirit & Dragon Saber Arrange - Fault Line [Dragon Spirit - Area 05] (Dragon Spirit)
Not a terribly inspiring track, but enough to win.

LukarDow - Burning Blood (SaGa 2) vs Gyakuten Saiban Meets Orchestra - Naruhodo Ryuuichi - Objection! (Phoenix Wright 1-3)
I love this version of Objection, while Burning Blood is just way too mellow and lacks the soul that Injured Hero's Blood has that elevates it into something great.  Frankly, this match is just no contest.

housethegrate - Seized With Fury (Final Fantasy 6) vs FF5 Dear Friends - My Home Sweet Home (Final Fantasy 5)
Sweet!  An English version of Home Sweet Home with good singing.  Pity I have a very strong love for Seized with Fury, and hence feel absolutely no inclination to vote for Home Sweet Home, even if I am going to gank it.  Alright...  having heard it to the end, I will admit that I now feel really, really bad that I had to vote against it, and will be glad to support it for as far as it makes it if it wins.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 12:29:00 AM »
Lance, the stuff in parentheses isn't actually part of the title.  It's just the games the music comes from.  >.>

-- Rocking crossover medley?  I'll go with that.

-- I like both of these!

S.S.H - Theme Of Meia Worzen [live Guitar] (Dragon Slayer 4) vs Falcom jdk Band 2008 Spring - Overdosing Heavenly Bliss (The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki the 3rd)
-- Both are solid.

-- Sure.

-- They're both alright.

Wild ARMs Rocking Heart - Battle VS Lord Blazer (Wild ARMs 2) vs Brave Heart - Dragon Spirit & Dragon Saber Arrange - Fault Line [Dragon Spirit - Area 05] (Dragon Spirit)
-- ROADBRAZA

-- Both are great.

-- I like both of these, too.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 11:23:39 AM »
S.S.H - Summer Vacation Game Music Festival (Shin Megami Tensei 2, Castlevania series, Guilty Gear X, Romancing SaGa 2, Thunderforce 5, The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki the 3rd, Guilty Gear, Shin Megami Tensei 1, Final Fantasy series, Super Robot Wars series, Romancing SaGa 3, Megaman X, Street Fighter 2, Dragon Slayer series, Super Robot Wars Impact, Final Fantasy 1, Hiouden, SaGa 2, Final Fantasy 5, Sorcerian, Broken Thunder) vs Hale-Bopp - Summertime (Star Ocean) - I'll be honest, I'm voting without listening to the whole gigatrack, just the first couple of minutes.  Why?  Because the Hale-Bopp is surprisingly 100% awesome and I don't forsee anything later on in the gigatrack that would change my opinion here.

drammatica - The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura - Ruined Sparkling City (Legend of Mana) vs OKKUSENMAN (another version) (Megaman 2) - Okkusenman isn't Okkusenman without the screaming.  And drammatica is amazing.

S.S.H - Theme Of Meia Worzen [live Guitar] (Dragon Slayer 4) vs Falcom jdk Band 2008 Spring - Overdosing Heavenly Bliss (The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki the 3rd) - Surprisingly awesome match.  Falcom screams Castlevania music to me for some reason.

Russell Cox - To Zanarkand Once Again (Final Fantasy X) vs drammatica - The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura - Forgotten Wings ~Forgotten Wings~ (Live a Live) - Zanarkand isn't Zanarkand without its emotive energy.  And drammatica is amazing.

The Wingless - Silent Hill 2 There was a Hole Here OC ReMix (Silent Hill 2) vs Tsukigaokashoryo - The Doll Maker of Bucuresti (Perfect Cherry Blossom) - Decent match, but I can't vote against the Wingless.

Wild ARMs Rocking Heart - Battle VS Lord Blazer (Wild ARMs 2) vs Brave Heart - Dragon Spirit & Dragon Saber Arrange - Fault Line [Dragon Spirit - Area 05] (Dragon Spirit) - Good match.  I'll toss a vote to this, the style's nice.  It won't be advancing but that's fine, the other track's the only good version of ROAD BRAZIER I've heard.

LukarDow - Burning Blood (SaGa 2) vs Gyakuten Saiban Meets Orchestra - Naruhodo Ryuuichi - Objection! (Phoenix Wright 1-3) - What is this feeling?  Is it love?  I think it is love.

housethegrate - Seized With Fury (Final Fantasy 6) vs FF5 Dear Friends - My Home Sweet Home (Final Fantasy 5) - Tossup match.  Why not.  It's the best version of the FF5 I've ever heard and not the best of the FF6.

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2008, 11:29:46 PM »
Lance, the stuff in parentheses isn't actually part of the title.  It's just the games the music comes from.  >.>

I was being facetious.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2008, 05:35:34 AM »

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2008, 06:35:03 AM »
Solid gigatrack vs...  Summertime didn't do it for me.
This version of Okkusenman sucked less, at least.
Both okay.
This version of Zanarkand is worse, Shimomura is great.
I like moody piano pieces, but I keep on forgetting that something is playing with Hole.
Fault Line is okay, if also too subdued.  Lord Blazer is messing with a great piece in the wrong way, though at least not as horrifically as most of Rocking Heart.
Ugh.  Burning Blood is boring.  Objection! feels like a performance piece done by somebody who doesn't get the original, which I prefer.  You can't have a slow, stately, and civilized Objection!  Mildly go with the superior piece, I guess, but meh.
I guess.  They're both pretty good, though I still recoil a bit at the Engrish.  Coin-flip.

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2008, 03:28:47 AM »
S.S.H - Summer Vacation Game Music Festival (Shin Megami Tensei 2, Castlevania series, Guilty Gear X, Romancing SaGa 2, Thunderforce 5, The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki the 3rd, Guilty Gear, Shin Megami Tensei 1, Final Fantasy series, Super Robot Wars series, Romancing SaGa 3, Megaman X, Street Fighter 2, Dragon Slayer series, Super Robot Wars Impact, Final Fantasy 1, Hiouden, SaGa 2, Final Fantasy 5, Sorcerian, Broken Thunder) vs Hale-Bopp - Summertime (Star Ocean) - Obligatory anti-gigatrack vote.
drammatica - The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura - Ruined Sparkling City (Legend of Mana) vs OKKUSENMAN (another version) (Megaman 2) - Okkusenman can actually be a good song if your singer has more voice control than a screaming newborn.
S.S.H - Theme Of Meia Worzen [live Guitar] (Dragon Slayer 4) vs Falcom jdk Band 2008 Spring - Overdosing Heavenly Bliss (The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki the 3rd) - Both good, but I've got to stick with my nom here. 
Russell Cox - To Zanarkand Once Again (Final Fantasy X) vs drammatica - The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura - Forgotten Wings ~Forgotten Wings~ (Live a Live) - Uh, I like the FFX track, but it really doesn't sound like a remix.
Wild ARMs Rocking Heart - Battle VS Lord Blazer (Wild ARMs 2) vs Brave Heart - Dragon Spirit & Dragon Saber Arrange - Fault Line [Dragon Spirit - Area 05] (Dragon Spirit) - Still not a Lord Blazer fan.  Also loved the music from Dragon Spirit when I was a kid, so nostalgia value.  Just wish I could have found a good remix of one of the better songs.
LukarDow - Burning Blood (SaGa 2) vs Gyakuten Saiban Meets Orchestra - Naruhodo Ryuuichi - Objection! (Phoenix Wright 1-3) - It's not that I don't like the second one, but when I know the source music and a remix just sounds totally different, it just doesn't feel right. <_<
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 03:02:07 AM by Yakumo »

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2008, 02:13:56 PM »
S.S.H - Summer Vacation Game Music Festival (Shin Megami Tensei 2, Castlevania series, Guilty Gear X, Romancing SaGa 2, Thunderforce 5, The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki the 3rd, Guilty Gear, Shin Megami Tensei 1, Final Fantasy series, Super Robot Wars series, Romancing SaGa 3, Megaman X, Street Fighter 2, Dragon Slayer series, Super Robot Wars Impact, Final Fantasy 1, Hiouden, SaGa 2, Final Fantasy 5, Sorcerian, Broken Thunder) vs Hale-Bopp - Summertime (Star Ocean): Summertime is terrible.
drammatica - The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura - Ruined Sparkling City (Legend of Mana) vs OKKUSENMAN (another version) (Megaman 2): Oh, this is easy.
S.S.H - Theme Of Meia Worzen [live Guitar] (Dragon Slayer 4) vs Falcom jdk Band 2008 Spring - Overdosing Heavenly Bliss (The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki the 3rd): Meia Worzen is good and this is still a tremendous mismatch.
Russell Cox - To Zanarkand Once Again (Final Fantasy X) vs drammatica - The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura - Forgotten Wings ~Forgotten Wings~ (Live a Live): And another killer track against a good one. This pool is great.
The Wingless - Silent Hill 2 There was a Hole Here OC ReMix (Silent Hill 2) vs Tsukigaokashoryo - The Doll Maker of Bucuresti (Perfect Cherry Blossom): Hey, even the Silent Hill music is roughly a thousand times better than usual!
Wild ARMs Rocking Heart - Battle VS Lord Blazer (Wild ARMs 2) vs Brave Heart - Dragon Spirit & Dragon Saber Arrange - Fault Line [Dragon Spirit - Area 05] (Dragon Spirit): This is the one version of ROADBRAZA that actually deserves the hype.
LukarDow - Burning Blood (SaGa 2) vs Gyakuten Saiban Meets Orchestra - Naruhodo Ryuuichi - Objection! (Phoenix Wright 1-3): Godlike, godlike pool.
housethegrate - Seized With Fury (Final Fantasy 6) vs FF5 Dear Friends - My Home Sweet Home (Final Fantasy 5): Part of me goes "Yet ANOTHER Decisive Battle?!" but eh...it's good enough to give one pass.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2008, 03:28:26 PM »
S.S.H - Theme Of Meia Worzen [live Guitar] (Dragon Slayer 4) vs Falcom jdk Band 2008 Spring - Overdosing Heavenly Bliss (The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki the 3rd): Falcom paunch, I guess.
Russell Cox - To Zanarkand Once Again (Final Fantasy X) vs drammatica - The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura - Forgotten Wings ~Forgotten Wings~ (Live a Live): Eh.
The Wingless - Silent Hill 2 There was a Hole Here OC ReMix (Silent Hill 2) vs Tsukigaokashoryo - The Doll Maker of Bucuresti (Perfect Cherry Blossom): I guess. This pool is kinda underwhelming.
Wild ARMs Rocking Heart - Battle VS Lord Blazer (Wild ARMs 2) vs Brave Heart - Dragon Spirit & Dragon Saber Arrange - Fault Line [Dragon Spirit - Area 05] (Dragon Spirit): Both are pretty boring, but at least the former has a core melody that can't really be ruined.
LukarDow - Burning Blood (SaGa 2) vs Gyakuten Saiban Meets Orchestra - Naruhodo Ryuuichi - Objection! (Phoenix Wright 1-3): Meh. Neither is all that special.
housethegrate - Seized With Fury (Final Fantasy 6) vs FF5 Dear Friends - My Home Sweet Home (Final Fantasy 5): Both are good. Guess I'm just feeling the troubadour angle more right now.

Others later.

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2008, 03:15:45 PM »
Summer Vacation Game Music Festival vs Summertime - The big 'un didn't want to download. I may get to it or I may not.
Ruined Sparkling City vs OKKUSENMAN (another version) - Go away, MM2
Theme Of Meia Worzen vs Overdosing Heavenly Bliss - Both good
To Zanarkand Once Again vs Forgotten Wings ~Forgotten Wings~ - I am remarkably fond of that FFX track despite not having played the game, although this one's a bit flat. Forgotten is decent but inferior.
There was a Hole Here vs The Doll Maker of Bucuresti - Both fail
Battle VS Lord Blazer vs Fault Line [Dragon Spirit - Area 05] - Worse than the original, better than the competition
Burning Blood vs Objection! - Much better groove
Seized With Fury vs My Home Sweet Home - Both nice. Going with singing.

Unoriginal

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2008, 03:15:52 PM »

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2008, 11:53:53 AM »
Results.

S.S.H - Summer Vacation Game Music Festival (Shin Megami Tensei 2, Castlevania series, Guilty Gear X, Romancing SaGa 2, Thunderforce 5, The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki the 3rd, Guilty Gear, Shin Megami Tensei 1, Final Fantasy series, Super Robot Wars series, Romancing SaGa 3, Megaman X, Street Fighter 2, Dragon Slayer series, Super Robot Wars Impact, Final Fantasy 1, Hiouden, SaGa 2, Final Fantasy 5, Sorcerian, Broken Thunder) 4
Hale-Bopp - Summertime (Star Ocean) 4 (tiebreak)

drammatica - The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura - Ruined Sparkling City (Legend of Mana) 8
OKKUSENMAN (another version) (Megaman 2) 2

S.S.H - Theme Of Meia Worzen [live Guitar] (Dragon Slayer 4) 4
Falcom jdk Band 2008 Spring - Overdosing Heavenly Bliss (The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki the 3rd) 6

Russell Cox - To Zanarkand Once Again (Final Fantasy X) 2
drammatica - The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura - Forgotten Wings ~Forgotten Wings~ (Live a Live) 8

The Wingless - Silent Hill 2 There was a Hole Here OC ReMix (Silent Hill 2) 6
Tsukigaokashoryo - The Doll Maker of Bucuresti (Perfect Cherry Blossom) 5

Wild ARMs Rocking Heart - Battle VS Lord Blazer (Wild ARMs 2) 7
Brave Heart - Dragon Spirit & Dragon Saber Arrange - Fault Line [Dragon Spirit - Area 05] (Dragon Spirit) 3

LukarDow - Burning Blood (SaGa 2) 3
Gyakuten Saiban Meets Orchestra - Naruhodo Ryuuichi - Objection! (Phoenix Wright 1-3) 7

housethegrate - Seized With Fury (Final Fantasy 6) 6
FF5 Dear Friends - My Home Sweet Home (Final Fantasy 5) 4