imageRegister

Author Topic: AGMT: R1, Pool 3  (Read 5036 times)

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
Re: AGMT: R1, Pool 3
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 05:10:24 PM »
Fragile Online - Crystallized Silver - HoHoHo-i Mix (Perfect Cherry Blossom) vs SF2 Piano Pieces - Rhapsody of SaGa Frontier II (SaGa Frontier 2) - Ah, it's the worst PCB track.  I wonder what they're going to do with i-ahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaha, great joke track, I have to vote for this, have to.  What's it up against, some SaGa thing?  Lessee - oh wow.  Okay I have to vote for *this*.

SuperGreenX, MC - Panzer Dragoon Orta More Than A Weapon OC ReMix (Panzer Dragoon Orta) vs Azupiano - Nocturne (Final Fantasy 5) - This is basically a coinflip.  Amazing match, neither of these deserve to be out in round 1. 

Genso Suikoden Music Collection by Kentaro Haneda - Gothic Neclord (Suikoden 2) vs FF7 Advent Children - Advent: One Winged Angel (Final Fantasy 7) - Ditto above.  This pool is amazing.  Gonna go with Neclord here as it improves the original more comparatively.

Time and Space: A Tribute to Yasunori Mitsuda - The Girl Forgotten by Time (Chrono Trigger) vs Hedgehog Heaven - Chemical Reaction (Sonic 2) - Can we just go ahead and call this pool the finals?  I mean seriously every track is good so far.

REDALiCE feat. Keio Michiru - Tori no Uta (Extended mix) (AIR) vs 20020220 - Liberi Fatali (Final Fantasy 8) - And the first track in the pool I dislike is the Tori no Uta mix?  Awwwwww.  Anyhow yeah the bland synth techno stuff gets a no from me.

Touhou Violin 2 - Symphony "Remilia" Op. 22 (Embodiment of Scarlet Devil) vs Orchestral Game Concert 5 - The Gourmet Race ~ Collision Theme ~ Theme of Kirby's Triumphant Return (Kirby Super Star) - And back to close matches between two amazing tracks.  Went back and forth on this one a few times.  Both are very strong, both have points they could be a little better, both are TOO SLOW speed up a little darn it.  Going with Kirby in the end, mostly because it brings back nostalgic memories of playing SSB64 at church youth group.  Predicting other votes are going to landslide for Kirby but oh well.

Rockman ZX Soundtrack "ZX Tunes" - Green Grass Gradation (Rockman ZX) vs Falcom jdk Band 2008 Spring - THE DAWN OF Ys (Ys IV) - Not much to say here, just better.

Mana Label - Allegro Appassionato (Swivel) (Seiken Densetsu 3) vs Drammatica - The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura - The 13th Anthology (Kingdom Hearts 2) - And another fantastic matchup, albeit with a clear winner to me again.  I need to find this Shimomura album.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 05:36:46 PM by Sir Alex »

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 05:22:37 PM »
Fragile Online - Crystallized Silver - HoHoHo-i Mix (Perfect Cherry Blossom) vs SF2 Piano Pieces - Rhapsody of SaGa Frontier II (SaGa Frontier 2)
SuperGreenX, MC - Panzer Dragoon Orta More Than A Weapon OC ReMix (Panzer Dragoon Orta) vs Azupiano - Nocturne (Final Fantasy 5)
Genso Suikoden Music Collection by Kentaro Haneda - Gothic Neclord (Suikoden 2) vs FF7 Advent Children - Advent: One Winged Angel (Final Fantasy 7)
Time and Space: A Tribute to Yasunori Mitsuda - The Girl Forgotten by Time (Chrono Trigger) vs Hedgehog Heaven - Chemical Reaction (Sonic 2)
REDALiCE feat. Keio Michiru - Tori no Uta (Extended mix) (AIR) vs 20020220 - Liberi Fatali (Final Fantasy 8)
Touhou Violin 2 - Symphony "Remilia" Op. 22 (Embodiment of Scarlet Devil) vs Orchestral Game Concert 5 - The Gourmet Race ~ Collision Theme ~ Theme of Kirby's Triumphant Return (Kirby Super Star)
Rockman ZX Soundtrack "ZX Tunes" - Green Grass Gradation (Rockman ZX) vs Falcom jdk Band 2008 Spring - THE DAWN OF Ys (Ys IV)
Mana Label - Allegro Appassionato (Swivel) (Seiken Densetsu 3) vs Drammatica - The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura - The 13th Anthology (Kingdom Hearts 2)

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 07:52:38 PM »
Fragile Online - Crystallized Silver - HoHoHo-i Mix (Perfect Cherry Blossom) vs SF2 Piano Pieces - Rhapsody of SaGa Frontier II (SaGa Frontier 2) - Slaughter.  Crystalized Silver can go have epic slapfights with Burn My Dread.

SuperGreenX, MC - Panzer Dragoon Orta More Than A Weapon OC ReMix (Panzer Dragoon Orta) vs Azupiano - Nocturne (Final Fantasy 5) - Incredibly close match.  Would not be sorry at all if the other one won.

Genso Suikoden Music Collection by Kentaro Haneda - Gothic Neclord (Suikoden 2) vs FF7 Advent Children - Advent: One Winged Angel (Final Fantasy 7) - Wow, this match is much better than I was expecting, given how little I normally care for One Winged Angel.  Again, I would not be sorry at all if this went the other way.  Where the hell was this kind of quality in the previous pool?

Time and Space: A Tribute to Yasunori Mitsuda - The Girl Forgotten by Time (Chrono Trigger) vs Hedgehog Heaven - Chemical Reaction (Sonic 2) - Less close than the above two matches.

REDALiCE feat. Keio Michiru - Tori no Uta (Extended mix) (AIR) vs 20020220 - Liberi Fatali (Final Fantasy 8) - Eww techno synth.  Meanwhile, Liberi Fatali was one of the few good things about FF8 music and this doesn't seem to be worse than the original.

The sad part is that Tori no Uta would still beat the Crystalized Silver track.  Fail, Crystalized Silver.  FAIL.

Touhou Violin 2 - Symphony "Remilia" Op. 22 (Embodiment of Scarlet Devil) vs Orchestral Game Concert 5 - The Gourmet Race ~ Collision Theme ~ Theme of Kirby's Triumphant Return (Kirby Super Star) - Another quality match where neither one deserves to be knocked out this early!  Anyways, liked the Touhou track a bit more.

Rockman ZX Soundtrack "ZX Tunes" - Green Grass Gradation (Rockman ZX) vs Falcom jdk Band 2008 Spring - THE DAWN OF Ys (Ys IV) - The ZX track is better than Tori no Uta, at least.  Too bad that this is apparently the pool full of champ powered tracks.

Mana Label - Allegro Appassionato (Swivel) (Seiken Densetsu 3) vs Drammatica - The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura - The 13th Anthology (Kingdom Hearts 2) - This pool is evil.  That is all.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 08:25:16 PM »
Fragile Online - Crystallized Silver - HoHoHo-i Mix (Perfect Cherry Blossom) vs SF2 Piano Pieces - Rhapsody of SaGa Frontier II (SaGa Frontier 2)
FO is...  uhhh...  not that good.  Rhapsody starts strong and just gets better.  Definatly a piece I'm glad to have heard.

SuperGreenX, MC - Panzer Dragoon Orta More Than A Weapon OC ReMix (Panzer Dragoon Orta) vs Azupiano - Nocturne (Final Fantasy 5)
A generally fun take on the Big Bridge is an easy win over a fairly generic piece.

Genso Suikoden Music Collection by Kentaro Haneda - Gothic Neclord (Suikoden 2) vs FF7 Advent Children - Advent: One Winged Angel (Final Fantasy 7)
They're both good, I just end up liking the Gothic Neclord one more.

Time and Space: A Tribute to Yasunori Mitsuda - The Girl Forgotten by Time (Chrono Trigger) vs Hedgehog Heaven - Chemical Reaction (Sonic 2)
Not a fan of Sonic music.

REDALiCE feat. Keio Michiru - Tori no Uta (Extended mix) (AIR) vs 20020220 - Liberi Fatali (Final Fantasy 8)
Liberi Fatali is a nice strong piece, which is more than I can say for Tori no Uta.

Touhou Violin 2 - Symphony "Remilia" Op. 22 (Embodiment of Scarlet Devil) vs Orchestral Game Concert 5 - The Gourmet Race ~ Collision Theme ~ Theme of Kirby's Triumphant Return (Kirby Super Star)
Kirby is ok, but that violin piece is superb.

Rockman ZX Soundtrack "ZX Tunes" - Green Grass Gradation (Rockman ZX) vs Falcom jdk Band 2008 Spring - THE DAWN OF Ys (Ys IV)
Not as strong as Origins, but definatly a good piece and easily beats the Megaman piece.

Mana Label - Allegro Appassionato (Swivel) (Seiken Densetsu 3) vs Drammatica - The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura - The 13th Anthology (Kingdom Hearts 2)
Yeah, see what RC said.

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2008, 08:35:22 PM »
Fragile Online - Crystallized Silver - HoHoHo-i Mix (Perfect Cherry Blossom) vs SF2 Piano Pieces - Rhapsody of SaGa Frontier II (SaGa Frontier 2) - *facepalm*
SuperGreenX, MC - Panzer Dragoon Orta More Than A Weapon OC ReMix (Panzer Dragoon Orta) vs Azupiano - Nocturne (Final Fantasy 5) - Ooooh, good match. I can't really justify my decision here. I like them both and will be perfectly satisfied either way.
Genso Suikoden Music Collection by Kentaro Haneda - Gothic Neclord (Suikoden 2) vs FF7 Advent Children - Advent: One Winged Angel (Final Fantasy 7) - Not especially fond of Gothic Neclord, so the remix didn't do much for me. One Winged Angel is always a safe bet, though.
Time and Space: A Tribute to Yasunori Mitsuda - The Girl Forgotten by Time (Chrono Trigger) vs Hedgehog Heaven - Chemical Reaction (Sonic 2) - More my style.

REDALiCE feat. Keio Michiru - Tori no Uta (Extended mix) (AIR) vs 20020220 - Liberi Fatali (Final Fantasy 8) - Is this Liberi Fatali song a remix? It sounds exactly like the original. Still, it's good enough to beat something that kind of just made me grind my teeth.
Touhou Violin 2 - Symphony "Remilia" Op. 22 (Embodiment of Scarlet Devil) vs Orchestral Game Concert 5 - The Gourmet Race ~ Collision Theme ~ Theme of Kirby's Triumphant Return (Kirby Super Star) - Hey, a good Kirby remix. Don't see those every day.
Rockman ZX Soundtrack "ZX Tunes" - Green Grass Gradation (Rockman ZX) vs Falcom jdk Band 2008 Spring - THE DAWN OF Ys (Ys IV) - Very good vs. pretty good.
Mana Label - Allegro Appassionato (Swivel) (Seiken Densetsu 3) vs Drammatica - The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura - The 13th Anthology (Kingdom Hearts 2) - Extremely catchy. Drammatica is hit or miss in some places.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2008, 11:08:29 PM »
--Crystallized Silver is hilarious, but not good.

--Really close, both of these are good.  Think I'm going to go with More than a Weapon for now though.  Though a couple of the other Azu remixes would take this easier.

--More winners.  Just that Gothic Neclord is a bigger winner.

--Sure let's go with this.

--Isn't a butchering of a good song.

Putfile is being a jerk now so I'll do the rest later.

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2008, 02:32:33 AM »
SuperGreenX, MC - Panzer Dragoon Orta More Than A Weapon OC ReMix (Panzer Dragoon Orta) vs Azupiano - Nocturne (Final Fantasy 5) - One of the things I really like about the original Big Bridge is the energy, which this is kinda missing.  Add in that More Than a Weapon is a personal favorite of mine and this one's easy for me.
Genso Suikoden Music Collection by Kentaro Haneda - Gothic Neclord (Suikoden 2) vs FF7 Advent Children - Advent: One Winged Angel (Final Fantasy 7) - I really don't like One Winged Angel. >_>
REDALiCE feat. Keio Michiru - Tori no Uta (Extended mix) (AIR) vs 20020220 - Liberi Fatali (Final Fantasy 8) - What the hell did they do to that song?
Touhou Violin 2 - Symphony "Remilia" Op. 22 (Embodiment of Scarlet Devil)
vs Orchestral Game Concert 5 - The Gourmet Race ~ Collision Theme ~ Theme of Kirby's Triumphant Return (Kirby Super Star) - Eh, they're both good, but not great.

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2008, 07:02:47 AM »

SuperGreenX, MC - Panzer Dragoon Orta More Than A Weapon OC ReMix (Panzer Dragoon Orta) vs Azupiano - Nocturne (Final Fantasy 5): Surprised that Big Bridge worked in that style so well. Not quite enough though.

Genso Suikoden Music Collection by Kentaro Haneda - Gothic Neclord (Suikoden 2) vs FF7 Advent Children - Advent: One Winged Angel (Final Fantasy 7): Close as heck.

Time and Space: A Tribute to Yasunori Mitsuda - The Girl Forgotten by Time (Chrono Trigger) vs Hedgehog Heaven - Chemical Reaction (Sonic 2): First 'eh' matchup here and it's still not bad.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 05:03:49 PM by Ultradude »
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2008, 07:46:41 PM »
Fragile Online - Crystallized Silver - HoHoHo-i Mix (Perfect Cherry Blossom) vs SF2 Piano Pieces - Rhapsody of SaGa Frontier II (SaGa Frontier 2) - Cystallized Silver was funny, loses to actually good music.
SuperGreenX, MC - Panzer Dragoon Orta More Than A Weapon OC ReMix (Panzer Dragoon Orta) vs Azupiano - Nocturne (Final Fantasy 5) - Nice songs here, but more impressed by More Then A Weapon, but this is close.
Genso Suikoden Music Collection by Kentaro Haneda - Gothic Neclord (Suikoden 2) vs FF7 Advent Children - Advent: One Winged Angel (Final Fantasy 7) - Despite what Jenna may tell you, I'm not actually a huge fan of One Winged Angel. The Gothic Neclord arrange was quite nice though.
Time and Space: A Tribute to Yasunori Mitsuda - The Girl Forgotten by Time (Chrono Trigger) vs Hedgehog Heaven - Chemical Reaction (Sonic 2) - A good take on one of my favorite CT songs. Hard to beat, and Chem Reaction isn't up to the job.
REDALiCE feat. Keio Michiru - Tori no Uta (Extended mix) (AIR) vs 20020220 - Liberi Fatali (Final Fantasy 8) - From others' reactions I guess it's good that I can't remember ever hearing the original Tori No Uta?
Touhou Violin 2 - Symphony "Remilia" Op. 22 (Embodiment of Scarlet Devil) vs Orchestral Game Concert 5 - The Gourmet Race ~ Collision Theme ~ Theme of Kirby's Triumphant Return (Kirby Super Star) - Both are wonderful. Why does one have to lose in the first round?
Rockman ZX Soundtrack "ZX Tunes" - Green Grass Gradation (Rockman ZX) vs Falcom jdk Band 2008 Spring - THE DAWN OF Ys (Ys IV) - Falcom Pawnch, etc.
Mana Label - Allegro Appassionato (Swivel) (Seiken Densetsu 3) vs Drammatica - The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura - The 13th Anthology (Kingdom Hearts 2) - Catchy vs Actually Impressive. Nice pool though, all in all.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2008, 05:26:30 AM »
Fragile Online - Crystallized Silver - HoHoHo-i Mix (Perfect Cherry Blossom) vs SF2 Piano Pieces - Rhapsody of SaGa Frontier II (SaGa Frontier 2) - Richard endorses this track champing. How can I go against that~?

Genso Suikoden Music Collection by Kentaro Haneda - Gothic Neclord (Suikoden 2) vs FF7 Advent Children - Advent: One Winged Angel (Final Fantasy 7) - Boo two good songs making me go serious business~

Time and Space: A Tribute to Yasunori Mitsuda - The Girl Forgotten by Time (Chrono Trigger) vs Hedgehog Heaven - Chemical Reaction (Sonic 2) - The only Sonic music that can win is Sonic Boom, which would champ easily...but remix contest~

REDALiCE feat. Keio Michiru - Tori no Uta (Extended mix) (AIR) vs 20020220 - Liberi Fatali (Final Fantasy 8) - The worse track in all technical qualities...but the other track doesn't sound changed at all. This is a remix contest, I call autolose~

Touhou Violin 2 - Symphony "Remilia" Op. 22 (Embodiment of Scarlet Devil) vs Orchestral Game Concert 5 - The Gourmet Race ~ Collision Theme ~ Theme of Kirby's Triumphant Return (Kirby Super Star) - The apex here is simply too awesome plus I must vote against Touhou Violin everytime for some reason.

Rockman ZX Soundtrack "ZX Tunes" - Green Grass Gradation (Rockman ZX) vs Falcom jdk Band 2008 Spring - THE DAWN OF Ys (Ys IV) - Tonfa stop fixing music contests to be biased for Falcom.

Mana Label - Allegro Appassionato (Swivel) (Seiken Densetsu 3) vs Drammatica - The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura - The 13th Anthology (Kingdom Hearts 2) - Drammatica has too much of a windup time~
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 04:44:28 AM by Nitori »
<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2008, 07:54:19 AM »
CS is both awful and boring.  The piano is pretty.
Quality.  The Orta music gets a bit long in the tooth, but still feels better.
I actually like the original better in both cases, but OWA-now-with-rock is interestingly different.
Not close.  Girl Forgotten by Time has a decent remix here, and I actually like the Chemical Plant Zone music from Sonic 2 a good bit...  probably my favorite in the game, really...  but this remix doesn't do it for me at all.  Worse than the original.
I like normal Liberi Fatali better, but it's still basically LF.  Meanwhile that Touhou song just sucks, and it vs. Crystalized Silver would be a close match.  Were all the good Touhou remixes were in the first two pods?
Not buying some of the hype from before.  These are both passable, but nothing special.  Vaguely leaning Kirby, I suppose.
Slaughter, I don't like the Megaman piece at all.
The SD3 piece is catchy and pretty good, but the Shimomura is great too.  Nice match.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2008, 09:38:55 AM »
Fragile Online - Crystallized Silver - HoHoHo-i Mix (Perfect Cherry Blossom) vs SF2 Piano Pieces - Rhapsody of SaGa Frontier II (SaGa Frontier 2): I have no idea what Nitori is talking about. Nitori you are unbalanced.
SuperGreenX, MC - Panzer Dragoon Orta More Than A Weapon OC ReMix (Panzer Dragoon Orta) vs Azupiano - Nocturne (Final Fantasy 5): More Than a Weapon starts out strong then goes out with a whimper. Eh, giving it the nod over Nocturne, which feels like it suits Big Bridge about as well as a piano arrange does GENESIS.
Genso Suikoden Music Collection by Kentaro Haneda - Gothic Neclord (Suikoden 2) vs FF7 Advent Children - Advent: One Winged Angel (Final Fantasy 7): Speaking of ill-suited arranges, hi Neclord. On the other hand this is the best version of OWA by far.
Time and Space: A Tribute to Yasunori Mitsuda - The Girl Forgotten by Time (Chrono Trigger) vs Hedgehog Heaven - Chemical Reaction (Sonic 2): Simple enough.
REDALiCE feat. Keio Michiru - Tori no Uta (Extended mix) (AIR) vs 20020220 - Liberi Fatali (Final Fantasy 8): This was arranged? On the other hand I may have lost my sense of hearing after the first track, so.
Touhou Violin 2 - Symphony "Remilia" Op. 22 (Embodiment of Scarlet Devil) vs Orchestral Game Concert 5 - The Gourmet Race ~ Collision Theme ~ Theme of Kirby's Triumphant Return (Kirby Super Star): Impressive matchup.
Rockman ZX Soundtrack "ZX Tunes" - Green Grass Gradation (Rockman ZX) vs Falcom jdk Band 2008 Spring - THE DAWN OF Ys (Ys IV): Falcom addict, checking in.
Mana Label - Allegro Appassionato (Swivel) (Seiken Densetsu 3) vs Drammatica - The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura - The 13th Anthology (Kingdom Hearts 2): I'm not usually as high on the Shimomura hype train as some...but I'm impressed. Mana Label is good too, just happened to ram into a wall of fantastic sound here.
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2008, 02:01:13 AM »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2008, 04:47:56 AM »
Fragile Online - Crystallized Silver - HoHoHo-i Mix (Perfect Cherry Blossom) vs SF2 Piano Pieces - Rhapsody of SaGa Frontier II (SaGa Frontier 2) - Crystallized Silver is a hilarious joke song, but it had the unfortunate fate of facing a good song. How did this piano piece manage to keep pacing and cohesion in spite of ELEVEN MINUTES LONG is beyond me.

SuperGreenX, MC - Panzer Dragoon Orta More Than A Weapon OC ReMix (Panzer Dragoon Orta) vs Azupiano - Nocturne (Final Fantasy 5) - Honestly, neither are bad, but both have issues. More Than A Weapon has this issue of the baseline percussion disagreeing with the melody's pacing something fierce, while the BitBB remix turned it into a nearly entirely different song. Nocturne feels more cohesive in its own structure to me, which is important, so there it goes.

Genso Suikoden Music Collection by Kentaro Haneda - Gothic Neclord (Suikoden 2) vs FF7 Advent Children - Advent: One Winged Angel (Final Fantasy 7) - Holy fuck, this is a fight between giants. This is probably the best One-Winged Angel rendition I've ever heard so far. However, I'm very fond of the arrange of Gothic Neclord as well. In a case like this, I'm mostly defaulting for the song that I consider better at base, really. Both arranges are very good, if moving in different directions.

Time and Space: A Tribute to Yasunori Mitsuda - The Girl Forgotten by Time (Chrono Trigger) vs Hedgehog Heaven - Chemical Reaction (Sonic 2) - The Schala remix is actually fairly solid - reminisces well to the original theme, but puts its own spin on to things. Chemical Reaction is yet more generic techno that I'll forget ever listening to even before it reaches its halfway point. Doesn't help that it stems from one of Sonic 2's least memorable themes.

REDALiCE feat. Keio Michiru - Tori no Uta (Extended mix) (AIR) vs 20020220 - Liberi Fatali (Final Fantasy 8) - The Tori no Uta remix slaughters the original song rather badly. Liberi Fatali is actually listenable to, which makes it a winner by default in spite of being something I'd be hesitant to call a remix at all and having an uninteresting base anyway.

Touhou Violin 2 - Symphony "Remilia" Op. 22 (Embodiment of Scarlet Devil) vs Orchestral Game Concert 5 - The Gourmet Race ~ Collision Theme ~ Theme of Kirby's Triumphant Return (Kirby Super Star) - Once again, both are fairly impressive, but the Septet remix has more elegance to its advantage. Gourmet Race is very well done and worthwhile, but it has a slight generic adventure vibe at moments.

Rockman ZX Soundtrack "ZX Tunes" - Green Grass Gradation (Rockman ZX) vs Falcom jdk Band 2008 Spring - THE DAWN OF Ys (Ys IV) - Dear god, Falcom arranges are horrifyingly sexy. The rock/strings interloping always gets me. Opponent? What opponent? (Okay, the ZX remix is inoffensive, but generic. That sorta crumbles under the might of FALCOM PAWNCH)

Mana Label - Allegro Appassionato (Swivel) (Seiken Densetsu 3) vs Drammatica - The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura - The 13th Anthology (Kingdom Hearts 2) - Man, Allegro Appassionato has rhythm, flow, catch, energy. This is a niiiiiiiiiice remix. Just... goddamn, I forgot how much did 13th Anthology improve over the base song, which I'm not that fond of. This is a fantastic song, and should go very far in this tourney.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 04:56:19 AM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2008, 11:29:24 AM »
Crystallized Silver - HoHoHo-i Mix vs Rhapsody of SaGa Frontier II - Way to go on forever without giving me a single reason to want you to, Rhapsody. Win goes to Crystallised on principle.
Panzer Dragoon Orta More Than A Weapon OC ReMix vs Nocturne - Weapon is passable, but doesn't really have anything going for it. I think the main problem is far too much unbalanced high pitch? Meanwhile Nocturne is considerably above average.
Gothic Neclord vs Advent: One Winged Angel - Neclord is a disappointment; decent, but in no way on the level of the original. Meanwhile Advent is a drastic improvement over the regular Angel.
The Girl Forgotten by Time vs Chemical Reaction - OH BOY CHRONO TRIGGER VERSUS SONIC TWO JUGGERNAUTS OF THE WORTHWHILE MUSIC INDUSTRY although at least chrono trigger has some good music even if no-one ever noms it and I give it the win here for having better mood
Tori no Uta (Extended mix) vs Liberi Fatali - Who knew chickens had such a good beat? Not that it's especially required to beat the extremely meh Liberi.
Symphony "Remilia" Op. 22 vs The Gourmet Race ~ Collision Theme ~ Theme of Kirby's Triumphant Return - Remilia is decent, albiet nothing special. Kirby meanwhile manages to have all the right instruments but misuses them drastically.
Green Grass Gradation vs THE DAWN OF Ys - Uh. ZX manages to be better than Ys? Not something I had considered likely. But Dawn really isn't doing anything for me, whereas Gradation is.
Allegro Appassionato (Swivel) vs The 13th Anthology - Not really impressed with either of these. I'll give it to 13th for grandioseness.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2008, 05:16:59 PM »
Fragile Online - Crystallized Silver - HoHoHo-i Mix (Perfect Cherry Blossom) vs SF2 Piano Pieces - Rhapsody of SaGa Frontier II (SaGa Frontier 2): Joke tracks are fun and all, but they autolose to something genuinely good.
SuperGreenX, MC - Panzer Dragoon Orta More Than A Weapon OC ReMix (Panzer Dragoon Orta) vs Azupiano - Nocturne (Final Fantasy 5): Odd direction to take for Battle on the Big Bridge, but it works.
Genso Suikoden Music Collection by Kentaro Haneda - Gothic Neclord (Suikoden 2) vs FF7 Advent Children - Advent: One Winged Angel (Final Fantasy 7): Fuck, this shouldn't be a first-round match. Really neat reinterpretation of Gothic Neclord, but you know I can't turn down this kind of melodrama.
Time and Space: A Tribute to Yasunori Mitsuda - The Girl Forgotten by Time (Chrono Trigger) vs Hedgehog Heaven - Chemical Reaction (Sonic 2): The Sonic track's a massive improvement over the in-game song, but it still can't top Schala's theme.
REDALiCE feat. Keio Michiru - Tori no Uta (Extended mix) (AIR) vs 20020220 - Liberi Fatali (Final Fantasy 8): Link for the first track is dead.
Touhou Violin 2 - Symphony "Remilia" Op. 22 (Embodiment of Scarlet Devil) vs Orchestral Game Concert 5 - The Gourmet Race ~ Collision Theme ~ Theme of Kirby's Triumphant Return (Kirby Super Star): Both are awesome, but Remilia's more my style.
Rockman ZX Soundtrack "ZX Tunes" - Green Grass Gradation (Rockman ZX) vs Falcom jdk Band 2008 Spring - THE DAWN OF Ys (Ys IV): As usuakl, Ys music does not know the meaning of the word "defeat."
Mana Label - Allegro Appassionato (Swivel) (Seiken Densetsu 3) vs Drammatica - The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura - The 13th Anthology (Kingdom Hearts 2): It's jazz versus the Cid.

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2008, 10:23:00 AM »
Results.

Fragile Online - Crystallized Silver - HoHoHo-i Mix (Perfect Cherry Blossom) II
SF2 Piano Pieces - Rhapsody of SaGa Frontier II (SaGa Frontier 2) IIIII IIIII IIII

SuperGreenX, MC - Panzer Dragoon Orta More Than A Weapon OC ReMix (Panzer Dragoon Orta) IIIII IIII
Azupiano - Nocturne (Final Fantasy 5) IIIII II

Genso Suikoden Music Collection by Kentaro Haneda - Gothic Neclord (Suikoden 2) IIIII IIIII
FF7 Advent Children - Advent: One Winged Angel (Final Fantasy 7) IIIII I

Time and Space: A Tribute to Yasunori Mitsuda - The Girl Forgotten by Time (Chrono Trigger) IIIII IIIII I
Hedgehog Heaven - Chemical Reaction (Sonic 2) IIIII

REDALiCE feat. Keio Michiru - Tori no Uta (Extended mix) (AIR) IIII
20020220 - Liberi Fatali (Final Fantasy 8) IIIII IIIIII

Touhou Violin 2 - Symphony "Remilia" Op. 22 (Embodiment of Scarlet Devil) IIIII IIIII
Orchestral Game Concert 5 - The Gourmet Race ~ Collision Theme ~ Theme of Kirby's Triumphant Return (Kirby Super Star) IIIII

Rockman ZX Soundtrack "ZX Tunes" - Green Grass Gradation (Rockman ZX) I
Falcom jdk Band 2008 Spring - THE DAWN OF Ys (Ys IV) IIIII IIIII IIII

Mana Label - Allegro Appassionato (Swivel) (Seiken Densetsu 3) II
Drammatica - The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura - The 13th Anthology (Kingdom Hearts 2) IIIII IIIII III
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!