Register

Author Topic: Games that still need topics/interest in topics.  (Read 26384 times)

Taishyr

Re: Games that still need topics/interest in topics.
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2008, 07:37:41 AM »
Lunar SSSC Luna temp stats! Taken right before she leaves. Team is Alex/Luna/Nash; Jessica has an argument for being in these averages, since she was in the team just previously in the last dungeon. However, I both am not inclined to take this since you may very well level up on your way back to Vane, and also can't because I don't have a save point there so nyah. Really, just makes Luna's damage look worse and her durability and speed look a bit better; Jessica's not that great during that first dungeon.

Of note:

Sleep: Opponent does not act. Woken up by any damage or from 2-4 turns after sleep is inflicted. Can be reapplied. Waking up a sleeping opponent with a physical deals 2x damage.

L:SSSC stat boosts cap when the new score is 175% of base, I believe; they cannot boost beyond 75% higher than normal.

Luna
Level 17
HP: 90
MP: 137
Attack: 70
Defense: 54
Agility: 37
Wisdom: 62
Magic En: 54
Luck: 16
Dream Cane/Magic Robe/Steel Armlet/Headband

Physical: 20 damage, may cause Sleep (10%?). Hard to test.
Cascade Song'd Physical: 28 damage.
2x Cascade Song'd Physical: 43 damage.

Dream Rod: Itemcasts ST Sleep, very high chance (90%?). Hard to test. It rarely misses, but it can do so.
Healing Song: Heals 40 HP, ST. 4 MP. Note that this seems relatively set; this is what it did at the beginning of the game, as well.
Tranquil song: Heals 40 HP, MT. 15 MP.
Purity Song: Removes status, ST. 4 MP.
Temptation Song: Sleep status, MT... 80% chance? It tends to be very accurate on things not immune to it, I think my chosen monster (Antorions) resist it more than most... 8 MP.
Cascade Song: Boosts Attack and Defense stats by 33% each cast (round down to nearest integer).  Can be applied to a character twice; the second casting works off the results of the first cast, and not the base stats. ST, 10 MP.
Escape Song: Removes enemies from the battle, no EXP/Gold gained. Likely illegal in a DL setting. 10 MP.

Of note is that Luna dodges about 25% of attacks. Nash is about 33%, Alex never dodges.

Opinion: Survives a hit, Sleeps the opponent, buffs twice. Now she's got pretty good damage, nice defense, magic doesn't do much to her anyway. Sleep -> Physical will leave a definite mark. Low Middle, can't play with the big boys there but her sleep->buff game is good enough to give her a shot.

Stat comparison:

Alex: L17
HP: 96
MP: 51
Attack: 77
Defense: 67
Agility: 42
Wisdom: 42
Magic Endurance: 43
Luck: 18
Saber/Chain Mail/Silver Shield/Iron Helmet

Physical: 44.
Sword Dance: 79, ST, 6 MP
Explosion Staff: 50 damage, GT, 9 MP
Vigor: Improves Attack by 50% or so. Damage goes insane. 10 MP.

Nash: L15 (He leaves the team for a dungeon and comes back underleveled; the next two dungeons don't correct this at all so I'm inclined to keep him at this point.)

HP: 81
MP: 82
Attack: 62
Defense: 57
Agility: 47
Wisdom: 50
Magic Endurance: 47
Luck: 9
Fire Cane/Magic Robe/Silver Bracelet/Fruity Bandanna/Mia's Bromide I

Physical: 20, fire element.
Fire Cane: Itemcast, 39 damage, fire element, ST.
Thunder Bomb: 39.
Confusion, Magic Box, Stone: See his endgame rates. They're about the same, as far as I can tell.

Averages:

Damage:
Alex (Sword Dance): 79
**Alex (Physical): 44** -- Arguably he wants to conserve MP against most things. Your call, here.
-- Luna (2 Cascade Songs'd Physical): 43
Nash (Thunder Bomb): 39
-- Luna (1 Cascade Song'd Physical): 28
Luna (Physical): 20

Average: 46
Average w/o Sword Dance: 34

Average damage dealt by Antorions:
Nash: 44
Luna: 32
-- Luna w/ 1 Cascade Song: 27
Alex: 24
-- Luna w/ 2 Cascade Songs: 15

Average: 33

HP: Alex (96) > Luna (90) > Nash (81)
Average: 89

MP: Luna (137) > Nash (82) > Alex (51)
Average: 90

Attack: Alex (77) > Luna (70) > Nash (62)
Average: 69.6

Defense: Alex (67) > Nash (57) > Luna (54)
Average: 59

Agility: Alex (47) > Nash (42) > Luna (37)
Average: 42

Wisdom: Luna (62) > Nash (50) > Alex (42)
Average: 51

Magic Endurance: Luna (54) > Nash (47) > Alex (43)
Average: 48

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2008, 09:11:32 AM »
I am requesting a clean up on SF1 topics here.
Please do get rid off the "light" element there. I think we all know it is really not "light" element at all by now, and the name is just a fan creation. But there are still some people mistaking it for actual light element. So I request a clean up, replace it with the official name, according to the Essence, the energy element.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2008, 01:00:55 PM »
For anyone interested there are now visual aids of examples of SO3 Peppita's counters and status hit rates in action (links in sig)

If anyone has any video requests for any other characters let me know and I'll see what I can do~
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2008, 05:58:50 AM »
Does the older Lufia 2 stat topic still exist anywhere. I was curious about the changes.

-Djinn

Pyro

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2009, 12:12:51 PM »
Figured I may as well post in here since I tend to keep forgetting about this game.

We don't have a topic for the 360 RPG Lost Odyssey, and we aren't likely to get one soon. If someone is interested in this either Tal or myself can do the topic for it, likely. It only has one interp issue with the Immortals and everything else is pretty easy!

(said interp issue is a bit of a nuisance, but hey)

And now cue the crickets as all 0 people who care about the game see this.

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2009, 12:39:19 PM »
I was actually pretty interested in seeing a topic for it. I've not gotten to play much of it, but the game seems fun and rankable, even if not incredibly innovative.

I think it's also the top-selling 360 RPG at the moment, but that's mostly a guess. I can't imagine what its competition for sales would be... Blue Dragon maybe? Simply due to age, if so.

EDIT: Numbers taken from VG Chartz, no idea how accurate that place is. Shows Lost Odyssey as top-selling Japanese RPG in America, anyway.

Lost Odyssey: .88million
Blue Dragon: .59m
Tales of Vesperia: .28m
Eternal Sonata: .26m
Enchanted Arms: .14m (.16m PS3)
Last Remnant: .49m
Infinite Undiscovery: .46m

Fable 2: 2.40m
Mass Effect: 2.28m
Fallout 3: 1.87m

The ToV and IU numbers may be skewed low due to not having been updated recently.

-Djinn
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 12:52:58 PM by DjinnAndTonic »

hinode

• Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • And ladies! And ladies who dress like men!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2009, 04:52:21 PM »
Never trust anything posted on VG Chartz, as it has a tendency to make stuff up when numbers are unavailable, mix them in with stuff taken from actual trackers (i.e. NPD, Media Create), and then mix the two up so you can't tell which is which.

For instance, ToV did 33K in its first month and would take a miracle to be more than 100K or so right now as sales for the vast majority of games are heavily frontloaded (Mario Kart and Wii anything are amongst the few exceptions). That 280K number is absolute BS.

Pyro

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2009, 06:41:08 PM »
We should mention Disgaea 3, which could probably benefit from one eventually.

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2009, 07:03:05 PM »
I've been (slowly) working my way through Lost Odyssey.  Maybe we could all get together and work something out?  I already know what my interp is - but it's standard OK >_>

Also, I think Cid said he'd do D3.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 10:13:21 PM by OblivionKnight »
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2009, 10:54:48 PM »
Never trust anything posted on VG Chartz, as it has a tendency to make stuff up when numbers are unavailable, mix them in with stuff taken from actual trackers (i.e. NPD, Media Create), and then mix the two up so you can't tell which is which.

For instance, ToV did 33K in its first month and would take a miracle to be more than 100K or so right now as sales for the vast majority of games are heavily frontloaded (Mario Kart and Wii anything are amongst the few exceptions). That 280K number is absolute BS.

Where do you get your sales figures, then? Cause I'm really interested in this topic but no one seems to have a good answer for me when it comes to actually finding reliable information.

It's especially difficult as the only sales trackers I know of are all Japan-based, so they don't relate to American sales at all...

-Djinn

hinode

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2009, 11:45:34 PM »
We don't get them reliably any more besides the top ten each month, which excludes any jRPG not named Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts/Pokemon. That's why I've made almost no posts about sales figures in ages;ToV's first month was a rare exception.

The best you can do is to check company's financial reports and get shipped numbers there, but that's rather annoying and I'm not a hardcore Sales-Age type.

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2009, 12:22:04 AM »
Who collects that top ten? NPD?

Collecting a top ten implies you have knowledge about... well, many much lesser-selling games too (otherwise how would you know they aren't top ten?), but it could be a problem if they just don't publish their data, as I think is the case. Maybe something you have to pay for and the only people who would do that are inside the industry.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

hinode

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2009, 12:49:56 AM »
Yeah, you need to subscribe, and as it's meant for people in the industry the cost is huge. They publish top ten with numbers, top twenty without numbers, and frequently top ten per platform without numbers, but anything else is a crapshoot. Occasionally someone at a website like Wired or Gamasutra asks for and gets results for a particular game (i.e. Valkyria Chronicles or LittleBigPlanet in November), but that's it.

Back in the old days a couple people leaked the whole monthly numbers onto Neogaf, but NPD eventually found out and cracked down on it.

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2013, 11:07:44 PM »
I'm not exactly sure this is the purpose of this particular topic, but I would love it if someone could get stats on Barthandelus from FF13.

Snowfire mentioned the second battle might be the easiest of them to get and the most relevant.

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2013, 11:52:15 PM »
Thanks for bumping this, and yes this is the place for such requests.

Re Barthandelus, I do intend to gather stats at some point. However there are several other things I'm interested in doing stat topics for (Blue Dragon bosses, Star Ocean 4, rest of Tactics Ogre PSP) and I am notoriously lazy.

Maybe.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2013, 07:01:53 AM »
Bart2 isn't the easiest to get - easiest is Bart3, everyone has a final boss save and he's just a straight damage slugger without much variety - but Bart2 is most likely the most relevant, yes.  (Bart1 is an interp headache, Bart3 is underwhelming.)

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2013, 07:20:26 AM »
I have save files before all of them.

Maybe.

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2013, 07:26:10 PM »
This is kind of random, but I've been wondering, if we were to get PC Freya tests from the Seraphic Gate, what kind of averages should she be scaled against? All SG equipment?

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2013, 07:47:42 PM »
I'd be inclined to say so. By the time you get the Ether Laser (Freya's weapon), you also have at least one of each of the other SG weapons, and can get more from high-rate drops if need be. Only one I'm not sure about for legality is the Dainslef; you have four PCs who want it and there's only one aside from Hamster drops, which are obviously much more difficult to get than those from other SG enemies (fortunately the Glance Reviver isn't much worse). There's also only one Kusanagi (katana), and two users; if you wanted you could stick them with something weaker instead... Levantine? Gram? I dunno. They kinda get screwed regardless, SG weapons are kinda uneven (spearmen also very unhappy).
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 07:22:52 AM by Dark Holy Elf »

Maybe.