Register

Author Topic: King of RPGDL: Grand finals  (Read 400 times)

DragonKnight Zero

• Denizen
    • View Profile
King of RPGDL: Grand finals
« on: April 15, 2023, 12:23:06 AM »
Sorry, it's late.  The final round is here.  Rather than having the same matchup two weeks in a row, I'm ruling that the team coming in from losers need to obtain double the votes or more of the team from winners to take the crown.  Any other result (including no votes whatsoever) and the team from winners will be declared victorious.

Heavyweight

Team SMASH: Geno / Alexia / Zerase (winners) vs Team Speed Manip: Fie (Cold Steel) / Arnaud / Tidus (losers)

Lightweight

Team Servants: Gremio (S1), Brey/Borya (DQ4), Jakob (FE Fates) (winners) vs Team Cats & Frogs Living Together: Cray (Breath of Fire 4), Lethe (FE9), Frog (CT) (losers)

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: King of RPGDL: Grand finals
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2023, 08:18:03 PM »
Heavyweight

Team SMASH: Geno / Alexia / Zerase (winners) vs Team Speed Manip: Fie (Cold Steel) / Arnaud / Tidus (losers)

Probably Speed Manip?  Fie immunes ID and has both 60% evasion off of equips as well as castbest AGI so that's gonna make Geno and Alexia a bit sad.  Geno can at least do magic damage which Fie can't dodge but that ain't saving him from anything, meanwhile Alexia likely whiffs her opener and just gives Fie all the time to play the odds.  Zerase can blow up Fie once she gets a shot but I don't think she carries this.

Lightweight

Team Servants: Gremio (S1), Brey/Borya (DQ4), Jakob (FE Fates) (winners) vs Team Cats & Frogs Living Together: Cray (Breath of Fire 4), Lethe (FE9), Frog (CT) (losers)

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2023, 08:28:11 PM »

Yeah, probably. Fie blocks ID and reverse Uno Geno with Scud Ripper's ID since Geno doesn't have a blocker himself. Fie vs. Alexia is actually a bit more interesting IMO then what Random gives it credit since she can open with Status Lock. Blocking ID/Faint forces Fie to slug it out and it's a case where her magic damage actually comes into play. And Fie's magic damage is uh...bad. The good news is Alexia has a weakness to Wind, so kneejerk is Fie PROBABLY wins, but I dunno. Those spells aren't cheap and if Fie is casting them, she'll run out of resources pretty quickly, which impacts her ability to keep the large speed advantage going. Still, Alexia sacrificing her 1st turn to Status Lock isn't optimal, but she kinda needs other wise Fie can probably insta-double with Scud Ripper. So that's probably enough. She probably does get through Fie's Evade on her 2nd Swing since her armor ability reduces Evasion against melee targets, but being like 65% average speed against a PC with 202% average speed is not a situation where you want to take 2+ turns to win. From there, Zerase has to reverse OCV and that's pretty unlikely.

Even in the situation where Alexia beats Fie, I'm not sure team SMASH actually has a winning play. Alexia vs. Arnaud is a match that heavily favours Arnaud since Status Lock can be dispelled. So Alexia has to go for a physical and 2 round. If you see Fie's 60% evade as good enough to dodge the 1st strike, there's no reason why Arnaud's better evade wouldn't either. So he should perfect that fight pretty clean, which leads to the Arnaud + Tidus situation against Zerase again.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2023, 08:32:49 PM by Tide »
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

DragonKnight Zero

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2023, 04:15:59 AM »
Heavyweight

Team SMASH: Geno / Alexia / Zerase (winners) vs Team Speed Manip: Fie (Cold Steel) / Arnaud / Tidus (losers)  Seems right.  Does Zersae even have the high level spell charges to blow up all three opponents if she were able to get them off?

Lightweight

Team Servants: Gremio (S1), Brey/Borya (DQ4), Jakob (FE Fates) (winners) vs Team Cats & Frogs Living Together: Cray (Breath of Fire 4), Lethe (FE9), Frog (CT) (losers)  Respect check.  I haven't looked at this matchup closely but Servants cruised to the top on coinflips while Cats and Frogs needed to work for their victories.  So I have more respect for their capabilities.

DragonKnight Zero

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2023, 09:42:46 AM »
Results

Heavyweight

Lightweight

There will be a bonus match, whenever I get around to posting it.