Author Topic: Futurama 2014 Season 1, Week 2  (Read 1082 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Futurama 2014 Season 1, Week 2
« on: April 04, 2014, 09:42:57 PM »
Godlike

Nate Nanjo (Persona Series) vs Zophar (Lunar 2: Eternal Blue)
Sarevok (Baldur's Gate) vs Celes Cher (Final Fantasy VI)
Fereydoon (Wild ARMs 5) vs Uryu (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)
Kartikeya (Wild ARMs 5) vs Mewtwo (Pokémon)

Heavy

Thage (Eternal Poison) vs Haishao (Xenogears)
Caeda (Fire Emblem Series) vs Millenia (Grandia II)
Kloe Rinz (The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky) vs Lilka Eleniak (Wild ARMs 2)
Bacchus D-79 (Star Ocean: The Last Hope) vs Yuffie Kisaragi (Final Fantasy VII)

Middle

Cerya Phoraena (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) vs Setzer Gabianni (Final Fantasy VI)
Fullbright (Romancing SaGa 3) vs Ulrika Mulberry (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)
Charles Barkley (Barkley Shut Up and Jam Gaiden: Chapter 1 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa) vs Jessica D'Alkirk (Lunar: Silver Star)
Holly Whyte (Bravely Default) vs Lightning Farron (Final Fantasy XIII)

Light

Saki (Luminous Arc) vs Banon (Final Fantasy VI)
Merchant (Dragon Quest III) vs Alfred Schroedinger (Wild ARMs 3)
Volk (Arc the Lad: Twillight of the Spirits) vs Soren (Fire Emblem Series)
Levatte (Eternal Poison) vs Frederick (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 09:59:56 PM by Cmdr_King »
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Futurama 2014 Season 1, Week 2
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 10:13:23 PM »
Godlike

Nate Nanjo (Persona Series) vs Zophar (Lunar 2: Eternal Blue)- Spoiled.
Sarevok (Baldur's Gate) vs Celes Cher (Final Fantasy VI)- Vanish.

Light

Merchant (Dragon Quest III)- vs Alfred Schroedinger (Wild ARMs 3)- Merchant is half average damage and slow, but he's up against Alfred. Alfred can't 6HKO Merchant (Merchant may well kill him in four attacks, Aflred not durable) which is just sad.
Volk (Arc the Lad: Twillight of the Spirits) vsSoren (Fire Emblem Series)- Strong kneejerk of Soren being absolute trash against fighters. E: looked at stat topic, Volke castworst at offense and is relying on evadeable, undamaging physicals (As his status magic is worthless here). Fail.

Two spoilers matches and two fights that required thought.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 12:37:28 AM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 10:42:01 PM »
Godlike

Fereydoon (Wild ARMs 5) vs Uryu (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy): Uryu has a fairly substantial durability advantage at base, and Fereydoon lacks MT to clean up the gates.
Kartikeya (Wild ARMs 5) vs Mewtwo (Pokémon): Kartikeya wishes his ID wasn't stuck on his one-on-one form, for all that Mewtwo is so fast I'm not sure how easily he could get it off anyway.

Heavy

Caeda (Fire Emblem Series) vs Millenia (Grandia II): Should tank a Caeda turn, then Spellbinding Eye does its thing.
Kloe Rinz (The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky) vs Lilka Eleniak (Wild ARMs 2): Uh... a little help here?
Bacchus D-79 (Star Ocean: The Last Hope) vs Yuffie Kisaragi (Final Fantasy VII): Bacchus has 1.75 pdur, which pretty much laughs at anything Yuffie can do short of a L3 limit, and with Bacchus' offence, the only way she's getting one of those is if you let her interrupt Bacchus' combos in the middle with a limit. I'm not... terribly inclined to do so, as such an interp would pretty much give FF7 free wins over most SO/Tales/etc.

Middle

Cerya Phoraena (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) vs Setzer Gabianni (Final Fantasy VI): Hmm. Cerya 3HKOs and... is marginally slower. Which means she should probably just cast Heal at some point, to lap. Or HP Infusion? Either way, the question is whether she can survive 3 Setzer attacks with one shot of healing, and the answer is very likely.
Holly Whyte (Bravely Default) vs Lightning Farron (Final Fantasy XIII): Well they can't break each other's healing! I suppose that means Lightning wins via Odin or something. Or, Holly runs out of MP, since that's apparently possible.

Light

Nope.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 10:58:27 PM »
Godlike

Nate Nanjo (Persona Series) vs Zophar (Lunar 2: Eternal Blue) - lolalfred
Sarevok (Baldur's Gate) vs Celes Cher (Final Fantasy VI) - lolvanish
Fereydoon (Wild ARMs 5) vs Uryu (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) - Kneejerk
Kartikeya (Wild ARMs 5) vs Mewtwo (Pokémon) - also kneejerk

Heavy

Caeda (Fire Emblem Series) vs Millenia (Grandia II) - Caeda likely doesn't one-round and she likely doesn't dodge SBE.

Middle

Fullbright (Romancing SaGa 3) vs Ulrika Mulberry (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) - uh... can Fullbright do anything about Silence? e: okay he can't, buhbye
Charles Barkley (Barkley Shut Up and Jam Gaiden: Chapter 1 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa) vs Jessica D'Alkirk (Lunar: Silver Star) - Kneejerking against heallock hype here.

Light

Saki (Luminous Arc) vs Banon (Final Fantasy VI) - Saki is so horrible against infinite healing
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 06:35:12 PM by Random Consonant »

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 12:06:05 AM »

Heavy

Kloe Rinz (The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky) vs Lilka Eleniak (Wild ARMs 2)
Comes down entirely to if the E crest modification is allowed for Lilka so she can do a turn 1 reflect to stop Mute...  I suppose it's fair enough.  Kloe can last for ages with her healing but she needs something crazy like Lilka can't reapply Reflect (??, no idea if this is true), chip it down to 1 use left, Speed Up -> double turn, then finally apply her own Mute - but Lilka has a speed buff too, even if it's TB.  Even with my strictish TB caps, this requires positively miraculous timing, and while Kloe's healing can hold out for 50-100 turns, this would probably require more like 500-1000 turns to happen.

Middle

Cerya Phoraena (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) vs Setzer Gabianni (Final Fantasy VI)
Good fight, at least?
Summons are pretty badass vs. DL damage curve, Lightning + Odin can chew through Holly's ridiculous durability, sure.

Light

I doubt even giving Saki a free L3 Flash Drive would be enough to OHKO Banon.
Merchant has a 5HKO to average, Alfred has like a 10HKO to average....  this is pathetic.
Volk barely 2HKOs and barely goes first.  Soren won't 2HKO back off his attack + Counter unless he proc's Adept.  Alas.
EDIT: But RD Soren is barely tanky enough to survive and be only 3HKO'd by Volk's physical.  Well then.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 12:30:57 AM by SnowFire »

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2014, 12:12:46 AM »
Volk 2HKOs with what? He's castworst for offense, he can't even 2HKO Soren.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2014, 12:28:55 AM »
Stat topic claimed Volk did ~80 damage with his physical to a 293 kill point.  So he deals 160/293 ~= .55 PCHP over 2 hits.  Elf's equal XP FE9 topic claims that Soren has .53 PDur, and this is arguably a tad worse here as bad subtractive defense means weak hits hurt more.

I didn't bother to look up his Radiant Dawn form though, on the theory that it is probably worse for Soren (felt worse at endgame comparatively, at least!).  Hmm...  apparently RD Soren just might be tougher enough (usual RD disclaimer: halfshift averages for beorc) that Volk now 3HKOs, so Soren lands 4 hits, 1 of which is probably an Adept or Flare.  Okay, fair enough, FE10 takes this then.

• Suggests the birth of an abomination
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2014, 12:57:57 AM »
Godlike

Sarevok (Baldur's Gate) vs Celes Cher (Final Fantasy VI) - Pretty sure Sarevok doesn't kill before Celes gets Vanish up.  Ouch.
Kartikeya (Wild ARMs 5) vs Mewtwo (Pokémon) I'll take the anti-Kartikeya interp.

Heavy

Thage (Eternal Poison) vs Haishao (Xenogears) - [EDIT] Nevermind.  Ran the numbers, and while I peg Haishao as more of 1.02x PCHP, that doesn't change the fact that Thage is going to be 2HKOing by a fair margin.
Bacchus D-79 (Star Ocean: The Last Hope) vs Yuffie Kisaragi (Final Fantasy VII) - I don't scale limits.  Sucks to be Yuffie.

Light

Levatte (Eternal Poison) vs Frederick (Fire Emblem: Awakening) - Can't legally vote on this, but unofficially I'd vote Levatte; Fracture does horrible, horrible things to Frederick.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 04:42:06 AM by Namagomi »
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.
 <@Elecman> Seems reasonable.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2014, 02:36:49 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Thage (Eternal Poison) vs Haishao (Xenogears)- Haishao can barely 2HKO Thage...before she resists that damage by 20 and drops it to a 3HKO. She 2HKOs
Kloe Rinz (The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky) vs Lilka Eleniak (Wild ARMs 2)- Reflect removes all of Kloe's threats

Middle

Cerya Phoraena (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) vs Setzer Gabianni (Final Fantasy VI)- Is Cerya's durability mainly HP based or defense based?

Light

Levatte (Eternal Poison) vs Frederick (Fire Emblem: Awakening)- Pyro may be like the only voter on this one. That said, yeah, at least Levatte has turn 1 Fracture here (which I don't respect as turn 1 normally, but against that FE evade/mdef combo...I guess to me the chance of doubling would make it turn 1 anyways)
...into the nightfall.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2014, 03:37:06 AM »
Cerya's HP is (fractionally above) average.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2014, 07:22:59 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Fullbright (Romancing SaGa 3) vs Ulrika Mulberry (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)
Charles Barkley (Barkley Shut Up and Jam Gaiden: Chapter 1 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa) vs Jessica D'Alkirk (Lunar: Silver Star)

Light

When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

interrobangbang

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2014, 03:24:26 PM »

Middle

Holly Whyte (Bravely Default) vs Lightning Farron (Final Fantasy XIII) - even with me being uncomfortable re: allowing eidolons, Lightning wins by virtue of limitless crappy healing as opposed to limited, though immense, semicompetent healing.

BD post-Ch. 4 comments:
Later forms of Holly Whyte in theory get something resembling offense, but I'm not sure that it's good enough to phase Lightning - I don't recall it being 50% or more, which is about where I'd peg Lightning's healing chains. So even later forms of Holly can't pull this off, not that I'm voting on them. Hell, Lightning may outblitz Holly if she claims a later form.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2014, 07:42:32 PM »
Godlike

Nate Nanjo (Persona Series) vs Zophar (Lunar 2: Eternal Blue): Not down with the postgame-like Ultimates?
Fereydoon (Wild ARMs 5) vs Uryu (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy): Just going with the flow here...
Kartikeya (Wild ARMs 5) vs Mewtwo (Pokémon): RBY Mewtwo

Heavy

Thage (Eternal Poison) vs Haishao (Xenogears): Status? Miang removes it for him? Eh.
Kloe Rinz (The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky) vs Lilka Eleniak (Wild ARMs 2): Lilka almost always wants the E-Crest on Reflect. The only reason the stat topic has it on an L2 element is for damage average purposes.
Bacchus D-79 (Star Ocean: The Last Hope) vs Yuffie Kisaragi (Final Fantasy VII): I presume Bacchus is good enough for this? Yuffie's throw wasn't ITD.

Middle

Cerya Phoraena (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) vs Setzer Gabianni (Final Fantasy VI): Don't remeber non-Archer things in TO.
Holly Whyte (Bravely Default) vs Lightning Farron (Final Fantasy XIII): How amusing, what with the tons of healing.

Light

Volk (Arc the Lad: Twillight of the Spirits) vs Soren (Fire Emblem Series): Soren laughs at puny Deimos attempts at status.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2014, 06:17:52 AM »
Godlike

Nate Nanjo (Persona Series) vs Zophar (Lunar 2: Eternal Blue)- Persona 2 strikes again.
Sarevok (Baldur's Gate) vs Celes Cher (Final Fantasy VI)- No vote.

Heavy

Thage (Eternal Poison) vs Haishao (Xenogears)- No vote.

Middle

Cerya Phoraena (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) vs Setzer Gabianni (Final Fantasy VI)- No vote.
Fullbright (Romancing SaGa 3) vs Ulrika Mulberry (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)- No vote.
Charles Barkley (Barkley Shut Up and Jam Gaiden: Chapter 1 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa) vs Jessica D'Alkirk (Lunar: Silver Star)- No vote.

Light

Saki (Luminous Arc) vs Banon (Final Fantasy VI)- no vote.
Merchant (Dragon Quest III) vs Alfred Schroedinger (Wild ARMs 3)- No vote.
Levatte (Eternal Poison) vs Frederick (Fire Emblem: Awakening)- no vote.

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2014, 03:12:20 PM »
Thage (Eternal Poison) vs Haishao (Xenogears) - Thage 2HKOs Ramsus pretty flat. However, Ramsus is considerably faster and, assuming Thage's 65% pdur (feels pretty accurate), he 2HKOs her ass as well... or would, but Malus II keeps him from 2HKOing Thage and she still 2HKOs with Malus II+Pyro III. Welp. If she has some lightning resistance like Dhyer posits, this gets even clearer.

Cerya Phoraena (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) vs Setzer Gabianni (Final Fantasy VI) - Well, sure. Funny that we have both Cistina and Cerya in this season.
Fullbright The XIII (Romancing SaGa 3) vs Ulrika Mulberry (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) - Fullbright can't really do much of anything about Magic Hammer.
Holly Whyte (Bravely Default) vs Lightning Farron (Final Fantasy XIII) - INFINITE HEALING AW YEAH

Levatte (Eternal Poison) vs Frederick (Fire Emblem: Awakening) - Eeeeew, Frederick 3HKOs Levatte. This pretty much leads the child pope to win even sans Fracture (which IS going to be turn one because Frederick gets DOUBLED), since he just two-rounds Fred with his magic.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 05:55:33 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2014, 06:17:09 PM »
Child pope eh

sounds like a game i should play
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2014, 06:47:06 PM »
well, child pope is kinda cool

(in fairness, he's actually a -potential- child pope)
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2014, 08:59:39 PM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2014, 07:12:57 PM »
Godlike

Nate Nanjo (Persona Series)- iiii vs Zophar (Lunar 2: Eternal Blue)- iii
Sarevok (Baldur's Gate)- i vs Celes Cher (Final Fantasy VI)- iiii
Fereydoon (Wild ARMs 5) vs Uryu (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)- iiiiii
Kartikeya (Wild ARMs 5)- i vs Mewtwo (Pokémon)- iiiiii

Heavy

Thage (Eternal Poison)- iiii vs Haishao (Xenogears)
Caeda (Fire Emblem Series) vs Millenia (Grandia II)- iiiiii
Kloe Rinz (The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky)- i vs Lilka Eleniak (Wild ARMs 2)- iiii
Bacchus D-79 (Star Ocean: The Last Hope)- iiii vs Yuffie Kisaragi (Final Fantasy VII)

Middle

Cerya Phoraena (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together)- iiii vs Setzer Gabianni (Final Fantasy VI)
Fullbright (Romancing SaGa 3) vs Ulrika Mulberry (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)- ii
Charles Barkley (Barkley Shut Up and Jam Gaiden: Chapter 1 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa) vs Jessica D'Alkirk (Lunar: Silver Star)- i
Holly Whyte (Bravely Default) vs Lightning Farron (Final Fantasy XIII)- iiiiii

Light

Saki (Luminous Arc) vs Banon (Final Fantasy VI)- ii
Merchant (Dragon Quest III)- ii vs Alfred Schroedinger (Wild ARMs 3)
Volk (Arc the Lad: Twillight of the Spirits) vs Soren (Fire Emblem Series)- iiiiii
Levatte (Eternal Poison)- i vs Frederick (Fire Emblem: Awakening)