Register

Author Topic: Proving Grounds Low Godlike: Run, it's a vampiric spirit maid robot!  (Read 897 times)

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
We've got some more stat topics for Proving Grounds for, so let's get to it.

So as to avoid accusations of bias, and since super did some "Re-running old DL seasons" awhile back, the opponents are exclusively taken from the actual season 56 & season 57 Heavy & Godlike here for this set's gimmick.  Threw out some weirdos and obscura (no thanks, AtLC Diekbeck), of course.  ( http://www.rpgdl.com/tournament/seasontree.php?season=57 & http://www.rpgdl.com/tournament/seasontree.php?season=56 if you're curious!)

* Rabbid Luigi (Mario + Rabbids) - Count Luigi will drain your precious blood by dashing through you stylishly.  Or possibly turn you into stone.
* Yokai (Bravely Second) - Why are Japanese spirits being themed after the Catholic Seven Deadly Sins?  We may never know.
* Veronica (Dragon Quest XI) - Meena & Maya are jealous of DQ11's Sisters of Fate.  Packs one shot of super damage, elemental protection nonsense, some status effects, and decent status protection for herself.
* Sharon (Trails of Cold Steel II) - One-ups Celia & Lede in the status-y assassin group by having her instant death have initiative.  Bunch of backup statuses like Nightmare too, although pretty uninspiring in a "fair" fight.
* Wren (Phantasy Star 4) - DL Control Robot.

Rabbid Luigi vs. Royce (Lunar)
Rabbid Luigi vs. Cloud of Darkness (FF3)
Rabbid Luigi vs. Cecilia (WA1o)
Rabbid Luigi vs. Tir (Suikoden)

Rabbid Luigi vs. Mewtwo (PKMN)
Rabbid Luigi vs. Jecht (Final Fantasy X)
Rabbid Luigi vs. Miguel (Chrono Cross)
Rabbid Luigi vs. Riou (Suikoden 2)

Rabbid Luigi vs. Ryu (Breath of Fire 2)
Rabbid Luigi vs. Millenia (Grandia 2)
Rabbid Luigi vs. Billy (Xenogears)
Rabbid Luigi vs. Ike (Fire Emblem series)

Yokai (Bravely Second) vs. Royce (Lunar)
Yokai vs. Cloud of Darkness (FF3)
Yokai vs. Cecilia (WA1o)
Yokai vs. Tir (Suikoden)

Yokai vs. Mewtwo (PKMN)
Yokai vs. Jecht (Final Fantasy X)
Yokai vs. Miguel (Chrono Cross)
Yokai vs. Riou (Suikoden 2)

Yokai vs. Ryu (Breath of Fire 2)
Yokai vs. Millenia (Grandia 2)
Yokai vs. Billy (Xenogears)
Yokai vs. Ike (Fire Emblem series)

Veronica (Dragon Quest XI) vs. Royce (Lunar)
Veronica vs. Cloud of Darkness (FF3)
Veronica vs. Cecilia (WA1o)
Veronica vs. Tir (Suikoden)

Veronica vs. Mewtwo (PKMN)
Veronica vs. Jecht (Final Fantasy X)
Veronica vs. Miguel (Chrono Cross)
Veronica vs. Riou (Suikoden 2)

Veronica vs. Ryu (Breath of Fire 2)
Veronica vs. Millenia (Grandia 2)
Veronica vs. Billy (Xenogears)
Veronica vs. Ike (Fire Emblem series)

Sharon (Trails of Cold Steel II) vs. Royce (Lunar)
Sharon vs. Cloud of Darkness (FF3)
Sharon vs. Cecilia (WA1o)
Sharon vs. Tir (Suikoden)

Sharon vs. Mewtwo (PKMN)
Sharon vs. Jecht (Final Fantasy X)
Sharon vs. Miguel (Chrono Cross)
Sharon vs. Riou (Suikoden 2)

Sharon vs. Ryu (Breath of Fire 2)
Sharon vs. Millenia (Grandia 2)
Sharon vs. Billy (Xenogears)
Sharon vs. Ike (Fire Emblem series)

Wren (Phantasy Star IV) vs. Royce (Lunar)
Wren vs. Cloud of Darkness (FF3)
Wren vs. Cecilia (WA1o)
Wren vs. Tir (Suikoden)

Wren vs. Mewtwo (PKMN)
Wren vs. Jecht (Final Fantasy X)
Wren vs. Miguel (Chrono Cross)
Wren vs. Riou (Suikoden 2)

Wren vs. Ryu (Breath of Fire 2)
Wren vs. Millenia (Grandia 2)
Wren vs. Billy (Xenogears)
Wren vs. Ike (Fire Emblem series)

For ease of find-replace, if people want to make their own bracket:
XX vs. Royce (Lunar)
XX vs. Cloud of Darkness (FF3)
XX vs. Cecilia (WA1o)
XX vs. Tir (Suikoden)

XX vs. Mewtwo (PKMN)
XX vs. Jecht (Final Fantasy X)
XX vs. Miguel (Chrono Cross)
XX vs. Riou (Suikoden 2)

XX vs. Ryu (Breath of Fire 2)
XX vs. Millenia (Grandia 2)
XX vs. Billy (Xenogears)
XX vs. Ike (Fire Emblem series)

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Proving Grounds Low Godlike: Run, it's a vampiric spirit maid robot!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 02:34:21 AM »
Veronica's Magic Burst is non-elemental, but I'm inclined to let magic defense work against it.  It deals about ~1.20 PCHP damage.

Veronica (Dragon Quest XI) vs. Royce (Lunar)
Hmm, I forget if Firebird was immunable or not by Fresh Ring.  If it isn't, Veronica flat loses.  If it is... she probably still loses, she's bad at clawing through all of Royce's HP and her healing game is awful.
Veronica vs. Cloud of Darkness (FF3)
Veronica can't stop Toad, so she needs to Magic Burst on turn 1 and hope for the best.  Even if that kills the Bad Breath tentacle, with 0 MP, she has to hope it killed the main body too.
Veronica vs. Cecilia (WA1o)
If Cecilia doesn't Holy Parasol, then Magic Burst + win.  (Unless WA1 Magic Resist is a more potent stat than I expect?).  If she does, use Antimagic (the staff ability, so not stopped by Parasol) to make Cecilia silenced before she can Lock State?
Veronica vs. Tir (Suikoden)
Well, Veronica can easily finish immuning Instant Death, she starts at 50% resist, so that's out.  A Skull Ring puts Veronica at 68% naive Dark resist, which scaled against 36 % default resistance is just about damage halving, which is enough to stop Tir from OHKOing with Judgement?  Well, S1 Tir anyway, S2 Tir does so much that he still OHKOs even through halving with Veronica's subpar HP.  But S2 Tir is slower.  I guess if you see S1 Tir as having a non-elemental Judgment?  ...although wait, S1 Tir is tanky enough that he arguably survives a Magic Burst, at least with MResistance hype in play.  And he can certainly 2HKO with Judgment -> Physical.  I guess if you let Veronica equip TWO skull rings and immune Dark she wins, but I'm currently guesstimating just 1 elemental resist accessory for her, so.  Rare footage of a Tir fight going to turn 2 and him still winning?

Veronica vs. Mewtwo (PKMN)
Customized skillset issue here, since while Mewtwo is favored, he absolutely needs both a special and a physical attack set to not get owned by Bounce (or Antimagic/Fizzle if there isn't some Berry that stops that).  Assuming that he walks in set up with both Psychic & Zen Headbutt, Veronica's best hope is to gamble on Kafuddle buying enough time to debuff Mewtwo into a deadly OHKO, but heck, she's losing MP due to Pressure which is weakening her eventual Magic Burst...  seems Mewtwo favored.  (A rare match where Gen1 Mewtwo is probably worse, due to no same-type physical moves?)
Veronica vs. Jecht (Final Fantasy X)
You know, some scalings would have Jecht < 1.2 PCHP if held against Aeons harshly, but I don't think I'm THAT cruel.  And no stone blocker in DQ11.
Veronica vs. Miguel (Chrono Cross)
Veronica equips a Lucky Dragon's Wing and will have 78% naive damage reduction vs. Light (maybe more like 66% scaled?).  That is going to buy her so much time.
Veronica vs. Riou (Suikoden 2)
See above, inclined to see Forgiver Sign as Light, then Veronica OHKOs on her turn.

Veronica vs. Ryu (Breath of Fire 2)
G. Dragon on the other hand is clearly non-elemental Breath...   too bad he's OHKO'd before he moves.
Veronica vs. Millenia (Grandia 2)
More OHKOs.
Veronica vs. Billy (Xenogears)
More OHKOs.
Veronica vs. Ike (Fire Emblem series)
One last faster OHKO, although Ike can get lucky and evade which would be hilarious.

Sharon vs. Cloud of Darkness (FF3)
Sharon vs. bosses.
Initiative instant death.

Sharon vs. Mewtwo (PKMN)
This might be the most interesting match since Sharon can immune both petrify and delay - but inclined to think Jecht's still just outslugging.

BoF2 couldn't resist ID, right?
G2 can't resist ID, but could Sleep at least?
No ID blocker.
And again.

Veronica: 7-5
Sharon: 8-4
Sharon loses to all bosses and beats all the PCs here, pretty much.  You gotta immune both Nightmare & ID.

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2019, 03:00:20 AM »
Sharon vs. Cecilia (WA1o) - ITE Instant Death off initiative speed. Do you block ID? No? Well, that was easy.
Sharon vs. Mewtwo (PKMN) - See above
Sharon vs. Jecht (Final Fantasy X) - Jecht is probably way too durable for Sharon to take out. He does have some vulnerabilities, but since they get healed in-game quick, I doubt that I see them sticking around, which makes it tough for Sharon to set up her damage before dying just to slugfesting. To make matters worse, Jecht has ITE later in the fight, so she has to clear that range pretty safely or she'll regret that too.
Sharon vs. Miguel (Chrono Cross) - On the other hand, Miguel is way too damaging and kills before Sharon sets up. Like Jecht, HolyDrgSwrd is ITE so it will probably come pretty close to one shotting Sharon. Even if you give Sharon credit for field changing with Time spells, there's no way she sets up in time to take him out.
Sharon vs. Millenia (Grandia 2) - True Death's Embrace eats all 3 PCs below. No ID Blockers on any of them.

5-2.
Sharon eats PCs alive but against bosses, she needs them to be vulnerable to Slow and maybe a couple of other statii to really give her a head start for setting up damage. Otherwise, against godlike caliber boss slugging, she just doesn't do as well as Rean or Alisa.
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2019, 06:57:53 PM »
Rabbid Luigi vs. Royce (Lunar): Flamebird.
Rabbid Luigi vs. Cloud of Darkness (FF3): Bad Breath. Rabbid Luigi... probably wins if you don't allow that!
Rabbid Luigi vs. Cecilia (WA1o): Something or other.
Rabbid Luigi vs. Tir (Suikoden): Both eat souls, but Tir does it faster.

Rabbid Luigi vs. Mewtwo (PKMN): uhhh. Nothing Rabbid Luigi does kills Mewtwo normally, and Mewtwo just buffs up until Rabbid Luigi can't drain much from him and Mewtwo can put an actual dent in him. So... stone maybe? Makes Rabbid Luigi even worse at offence but now Mewtwo misses two turns out of three. It's not enough, though; Rabbid Luigi 5HKOs Mewtwo at base this way, which means 10HKO after Mewtwo's turn 1 Barrier, and any turns Mewtwo does sneak in will just make the situation worse.
Rabbid Luigi vs. Jecht (Final Fantasy X): Jecht Beam.
Rabbid Luigi vs. Miguel (Chrono Cross): Miguel gets... a lot of time to set up here. TurnBlack is 20% more damage (I think?), a full white field is 37.5% more, and Fatigue gives Rabbid Luigi about 2/3 as many turns as normal. So Miguel does 136% damage (= 54% to Rabbid Luigi's defensive games), and eventually 2HKOs him on a double.
Rabbid Luigi vs. Riou (Suikoden 2): Second Suikomain verse, same as the first.

Rabbid Luigi vs. Ryu (Breath of Fire 2): The terrifying thing about G Dragon is that even if it's affected by Super Barrier, pretty sure it still OHKOs anyway. And it probably isn't.
Rabbid Luigi vs. Millenia (Grandia 2): Spellbinding Eye. Even if that's assumed to freeze his barrier in place, it shouldn't freeze Weaken, and that gives her time to pick RL off.
Rabbid Luigi vs. Billy (Xenogears): Finally, someone reliant on damage who can't become overwhelmingly good at it... well, kinda? Billy can build up to a 4381 damage Deathblow combo, and has Haste as well to sneak in another DB on top of that... for 5950, nearly 2PC actually. But... yeah 2PC isn't good enough to kill Rabbid Luigi, you need 2.2 if you can't spam it, since he just heals everything back, and Billy has no other non-bugged buffs to tilt things his way.
Rabbid Luigi vs. Ike (Fire Emblem series): PoR voter. Ike barely doubles average, and no reason to assume RL is better (I guess I'd use move?), but Rabbid Luigi should go first due to threat range and gets up a shield or weaken to not die. From there... RL really does NOT want to provoke a counter, but fortunately dashes don't! Ike averages 36% damage to Rabbid Luigi, while Rabbid Luigi only drains back around 23% if he isn't provoking counters. Not good enough. But maybe... if Push isn't seen as triggering counters? Honestly... yeah I'm willing to hype that, RL is already range 2, push is 90% chance to push Ike out of range to 3 IMO, in Fire Emblem terms. So 90% of the time he can do his real damage, which means his healing is instead 47%. Granted, this gives Ike chances to Aether, and chances to not be pushed, the combination of which might get this closer to a standstill. But Ike... really needs to be better than a standstill here, since Aether's healing is pathetic against RL's defensive game, and thus Rabbid Luigi should wear him down. Close though.

I think this conclusively shows that Godlike damage-dealers can deal with Rabbid Luigi, and of course so can anyone with decent status, but Heavies who rely on damage will tend to lose. That adds up to Rabbid Luigi being Heavy.

Others later.

Yokai (Bravely Second) vs. Royce (Lunar)
Yokai vs. Cloud of Darkness (FF3)
Yokai vs. Cecilia (WA1o)
Yokai vs. Tir (Suikoden)

Yokai vs. Mewtwo (PKMN)
Yokai vs. Jecht (Final Fantasy X)
Yokai vs. Riou (Suikoden 2)

Yokai vs. Ryu (Breath of Fire 2)
Yokai vs. Millenia (Grandia 2)
Yokai vs. Billy (Xenogears)
Yokai vs. Ike (Fire Emblem series)

Wren vs. Cloud of Darkness (FF3)
Wren vs. Cecilia (WA1o)
Wren vs. Tir (Suikoden)

Wren vs. Mewtwo (PKMN)
Wren vs. Jecht (Final Fantasy X)

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2019, 05:19:26 PM »
Wren (Phantasy Star IV) vs. Royce (Lunar) - Birdy.
Wren vs. Cloud of Darkness (FF3) - Wren wishes for my old status immunity views so bad here, though I'm not sure he's much better off without them.
Wren vs. Cecilia Lynne Adlehyde (WA1o) - Yeah, if your pressure isn't up to par, you're not really handling Cecilia.
Wren vs. Tir McDohl (Suikoden) - OHKO.
Wren vs. Mewtwo (PKMN) - Superior buffing game.
Wren vs. Jecht (Final Fantasy X) - Stone? Stone.
Wren vs. Miguel (Chrono Cross) - I think... Wren gives Miguel a lot of time here, yeah.
Wren vs. Riou (Suikoden 2) - Oh lord, Wren's just facing the OHKOers right and left.
Wren vs. Ryu (Breath of Fire 2) - See above.
Wren vs. Millenia (Grandia 2) - I actually think Millenia can't do a whole hell of a lot to kill Wren? Post-Barrier, his durability is well above what Millenia can deal with all her SP and he's a lot better at stalling than she is.
Wren vs. Billy Lee Black (Xenogears) - Billy 2HKOs Wren with 28AP Deathblow string => Holy Gate. Wren... cannot do anything to stop that in any way. Billy's a lot more dangerous a staller than I kneejerked.
Wren vs. Ike (Fire Emblem series) - Okay, this is a lot simpler. Wren can even avoid the counters and Ike's offense when he doesn't double is pretty sad against the bot.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 03:51:12 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2019, 07:55:43 PM »
Sharon vs. Mewtwo (PKMN)

Wren (Phantasy Star IV) vs. Royce (Lunar) - birb.
Wren vs. Cecilia (WA1o) - prison.
Wren vs. Tir (Suikoden) - ohko.
Wren vs. Mewtwo (PKMN) - Don't think Mewtwo takes this unless you go by Gen1.
Wren vs. Jecht (Final Fantasy X) - stone i guess
Wren vs. Millenia (Grandia 2) - Sure.
Wren vs. Ike (Fire Emblem series) - Ike's not great when he can't double or counter.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2019, 01:48:39 AM »
Yokai (Bravely Second) vs. Royce (Lunar): Nope.
Yokai vs. Cecilia (WA1o): Faster Phys ID.
Yokai vs. Tir (Suikoden): Immunes ID and is very very magically tanky.

Yokai vs. Mewtwo (PKMN): Instant Death.
Yokai vs. Jecht (Final Fantasy X): She doesn't have the damage.
Yokai vs. Riou (Suikoden 2): Forgiver sign is ITD. She can halve light damage but... I don't think it is enough.

Yokai vs. Ryu (Breath of Fire 2): KOs first.
Yokai vs. Millenia (Grandia 2): Quickdraw.
Yokai vs. Billy (Xenogears): Quickdraw
Yokai vs. Ike (Fire Emblem series): ID.

Sharon vs. Mewtwo (PKMN)

Wren vs. Cecilia (WA1o)
Wren vs. Tir (Suikoden)

Wren vs. Mewtwo (PKMN)
Wren vs. Jecht (Final Fantasy X): Delay?

DragonKnight Zero

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2019, 10:31:07 AM »
Wren (Phantasy Star IV) vs. Royce (Lunar)  I'm feeling generous and allowing Wren's status immunity to cover Flame Bird.  That's all.

Wren vs. Riou (Suikoden 2)  Doesn't resist Forgiver Sign's element

Wren vs. Millenia (Grandia 2)  Wren's needs damage output.  Millenia gets off a Spellbinding Eye and a chain of Heel Crush.  After 5 Heel Crush, I'm still not sure Millenia can blitz through Wren's durability once she builds her SP back up.   So she'll need to run him out of Recover charges.  Between MP recovery from her physicals and healing from from the Chaos Egg she can stall that long but geez, this takes forever.  Of course, if one takes the interpretation that Wren immunes stat downs, this approach falls on its face.
Wren vs. Billy (Xenogears)  7 AP Deathblow + 28 AP Combo enough to kill on a double?  Works for me.  Wren doesn't have the pressure to stop Billy from building up AP