Register

Author Topic: Record Keeping Final Fantasy Record Keeper  (Read 149277 times)

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
Re: Record Keeping Final Fantasy Record Keeper
« Reply #1775 on: February 25, 2016, 12:39:24 AM »
Snow: The draw will go on longer than the FF5 event banners, and I'll have another 25 mythril for that in a hot second. Besides, after realizing that I've gotten nothing but VALIANT and MASAMUNE from these draws, my most out-dated weapons, my boner for the Lucky Draws is pretty dang limp.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Minwu's shitty Cancel SB. Yawn.

Yeah, the problem with Lucky Draws is pretty clear at this point: power creep makes several of the possible rewards complete boobie prizes, sometimes worse in practice than non-SB 5*s at your level. Heck, even at this level: a generic FF5 Ice Brand has more attack, +20% Ice damage and better synergy stats over, say, Tidus' Brotherhood.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: February 25, 2016, 02:59:28 AM »
I'm still hoping that when we get the Abyss, they actually start with Lucky Draws then for Black Mage out of the gate.  That was a neat idea with the whole "Lucky Draw based on characters specific for the Abyss"...

...alas, they probably won't, and the first we'll get in this regard will probably be the White Magic one like in Japan.

Nonetheless, Lucky Draws are still worth doing I'd argue because it is 25 Mithril, and you aren't going to be left with annoying garbage like me getting 4 FF6 Assassin Knives.  At least the stuff you get can improve a variety of characters.  In Snow's case for example, yeah, Brotherhood is not good now, but it still gives Tidus a Soul Break better than his default, so it's a nice perk if you don't have any of Tidus' other weapons.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: February 25, 2016, 03:41:17 AM »
Yeah, I mean I'm not not pulling on it. It just isn't getting pulled on until I gamble on the Faris/Lenna banner.

Also, 3 Assassins Daggers > one Brotherhood or Valiant. Period. A 7 star dagger that anyone can equip is likely going to outpace everything else you have with realm synergy, barring 6*+ character relics, or other 7* generics. May even beat out 5* SSB relics, but that may be a stretch
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 03:45:46 AM by Makkotah »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: February 25, 2016, 10:42:01 AM »
For pure stats, under synergy, a 7* > more or less any 5* under synergy. That's what makes my 7* Thief Blade better than any other FFX weapon I have, the synergy boosts jump crazily every ten levels or so.

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: February 25, 2016, 02:50:00 PM »
226 mithril.

I'm thinking, yes to lucky draws.

Yes to 1  or 2 sssb draws.

The rest, and anything I can accumulate will go towards Ramza event.
"It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed by the thousands."

RPGDL Fantasy Football 2010 Champion

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: February 25, 2016, 09:50:32 PM »
293 mithril, I'm going innnn~
<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
  • Saving the world with curry and coffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: February 25, 2016, 10:26:09 PM »
18 mythril, I'm going home~

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: February 25, 2016, 11:17:34 PM »
98 Mythril here. Hopefully by the time it starts I'll have around 150.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: February 26, 2016, 03:26:34 AM »
Yeah, I mean I'm not not pulling on it. It just isn't getting pulled on until I gamble on the Faris/Lenna banner.

Also, 3 Assassins Daggers > one Brotherhood or Valiant. Period. A 7 star dagger that anyone can equip is likely going to outpace everything else you have with realm synergy, barring 6*+ character relics, or other 7* generics. May even beat out 5* SSB relics, but that may be a stretch

*3* Assassins Daggers, yes.  I was ok when I got my 3rd for pretty much exactly the reasons you stated; the thing that pissed me off was getting a *4th* Assassin's Dagger.  Getting a 7* Dagger is pretty awesome, but I really have no need for another 5* Dagger when I have plenty of synergy from that realm *AND* a better 5* Dagger in the Keepsake Knife anyway should I need 2 characters wielding Daggers. 

I have 165 Mithril at this moment if anyone cares.

Anyawy, speaking of pulls, did a 100 Gem pull and got a Red Armlet.  A 5* FF10 Armor that also boosts Fire Damage?  I cannot complain about this in the slightest, it's also my 2nd 5* from 100 Gem Pull (the other being FF12's Lohegrin).

Next off, completed Jecht event!  Here's how things went:

Boss Rush: Used an entirely FF10 Team of Tidus, Kimhari, Jecht, Yuna and Lulu.  Tidus and Jecht using FF10 Swords, Kimhari using the Heat Lance, Yuna and Lulu...doesn't really matter, they were set with 5* Gear, Lulu using the Lullaby Rod because while it is a Mind Staff, Synergy Magic from it > anything else and Mages need that more than White Mages need mind.  That said, I had one reset against Evrae when Tidus got petrified almost immediately.  That was a troll move.  Kimhari got petrified in second fight, but I decided who cares/10 and proceeded to perfect the fight anyway.
Yuna didn't even have to heal against Evrae Altana, covering the Holy damage with Curajas.  Lulu's damage was resisted...doing 8600 with Fireja.  Totally meaningful right?

Next up, Yojimbo.  So I was regularly grinding off this guy using MOSTLY Auron Solo-strats in the Lulu event, I say mostly because one character existed to use Boost on Auron then proceed to die.  Now here we have him with lower stats, and easier conditions.  Naturally, I throw Auron w/ his newly found Draw Fire skills, and proceed to kick his ass.  Auron replaced Jecht here, since he's integral.  Wakka replaced Kimhari here because Power Breakdown and Full Break would be handy just to mitigate his MT damage and keep characters alive.  Fight is a joke, I actually win it with only losing damage medals.

Spectral keeper...so this one pissed me off.  See, I have FF6's Thief's Bracer to inflict Slow, and using Advantaliate to basically gun him down entirely outside of Glyph Mine.  That works all fine and good!  Tidus decides to NOT WITH SLOW, and I have basically one attempt per run despite lifesiphon due to how quickly his health drops.  I eventually say fuck it and just go for broke, deciding I'll come back later with Tempo Flurry...only to see I lost no medals in any other area, so I championed it anyway. 

So...Seymour Flux Ultimate...first off, set up nonsense because that's what everyone wants to see! ME GLOATING ABOUT SET UPS! SET UPS!!!!

Faris: Brotherhood, Genji Helm (VI), Muscle Belt (X), R2 Full Break, R4 Magic Breakdown, Dragoon's Determination
I was debating between her and Wakka for a support PC, but considering Faris can use Swords thus make use of my FF10 Synergy, and I have her Syldra Soul Break which could come in handy in a fight like this thanks to MT damage, she ultimately won out.  Genji Helm tossed on there because I might want a defensive Soul Break instead.

Thancred: Ascalon, Eden's Coat, Muscle Belt (X), R4 Venom Buster, R3 Shadowsteel, Self Sacrifice
Odd choice?  Probably! Thancred's actually well suited for this fight for me.  I have his Death Blossom Soul Break, so that + being able to use FF10 Synergy means he can do big MT damage (basically 19998 to Seymour all things considered) means he can hit hard and 100% Slow for the condition.  He can use both Ninja AND Support 3 so he can get the other condition that way.  I learn in this fight that you can't get Poison and Sap up at the same time...ah well, didn't really matter much, Thancred's damage was service-able and he covered 2 requirements.  I probably should have come in with Rally Etude or something instead next time but whatever.

Tyro: Shimmering Blade, Thief's Bracer+, Vossler's Gauntlets, R4 Lifesiphon, R3 Banishing Strike, Mako's Might
...yes, Mako's Might being there instead of Dr. Mog's Teaching is 100% IMPORTANT AND DAMN IT I STAND BY THAT!  *AHem* anyway, you know the drill, he has Sentinel Grimoire so invaluable.  Lifesiphon to get the gauge up fast, and Banishing Strike to kill Reflect. For once, Tyro's damage is meaningful too given the set up actually makes his damage matter.  In hindsight, that Banishing Strike was a waste, since my Black Mage COULD just attack the Mortiischis with their ST damage spell and hurt Seymour that way by killing it off, or alternatively, I could have just given them Ruinga.  Speaking of which...

Terra: Lullaby Rod, Red Armlet, Terra's Pendant, R2 Meteor, R4 Firaja, Devotion
See above for why she's using Yuna's Rod instead of her father's amputated body part.  Meteor does 9999 to both Seymour and the Mortichiis, so useful early on for gunning that down, Firaja there because wasn't sure how much damage I'd be doing but turns out 9999 even without the Red Armlet boost, but whatever.  Missiles is 22k damage when she pulls it off.

Yuna: Chain Flail, Priest's Miter, Yuna's Obi, R4 Curaja, R2 Shellga, Dr. Mog's Teachings.
See Tyro about why that distinguishing RM is important.  Like Tyro, Yuna is a staple for any Ultimate fight thanks to HotF.  Pretty clear what he purpose is here, Shellga chosen since Total Annihilation.

RW: Oerba's Boon.
The one thing I didn't have is Protectga in this fight, so hey look, perfect niche! Also an extra emergency "oh shit" medica if I needed it.

Fight took me 3 or 4 tries, mostly just getting a rhythm of things again.  The entire fight was really just getting around Ultimate Dispel and hoping you don't get skewered by Cross Cleave after the first one, and having enough time to set up for Total Annihilation after the second.  Really once that is done, it's smooth sailing.  It reminds me of Beatrix, except Beatrix generally had far scarier turns outside of limit moves especially that end DPS race.  Seymour feels relatively tame by comparison.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: February 26, 2016, 07:14:08 AM »
11 Pull on the Krile/Galuf banner after realizing I wanted everything on it and only Faris' BSSB on the other one. Got a FF5 helmet. First 5* helmet I guess?

Also, Dissidia collab event dropped. Bartz' Ragnarok is up again on the banner, which is good because that means I don't have to be tempted to pull on it considering I already have that at 6*.

I should probably just start saving my mythril until the next Breakfast event, come to think of it. If anything I really want comes up before then, it'll probably be showcased again during the Breakfast, and probably in a banner with way better consolation prizes than the normal banners. Besides, it's been a couple months, so the next one may be coming up sooner than I expect.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 07:16:31 AM by Makkotah »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1785 on: February 26, 2016, 11:49:29 AM »
Another FF9 event, another banner with two SSBs - wait what

Regardless, mastered Ultimate Seymour Flux last night. I'll post the setup later, since that one was kind of annoying, though not -too- aggravating.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: February 26, 2016, 02:27:08 PM »
It's 2 BSSBs actually, which is crazier.  FF9 is usually one of those "late to the party" ones but it's the first event to get 2 new BSSBs on it.

...and nothing wrong with that, but what pisses me off is, again, DeNA being so tone deaf to meta balance.  They show signs of improving Mages by raising the magic soft cap, so we expect some cool Magic Buffing Soul Breaks right?  Nope, apparently their idea of Pro-Mage is just "reduce casting time" and instead they create ANOTHER Hand of the Emperor clone instead of, you know, another Lulu's Hairpin which is what Mages need, or a Magic Scream (Edward gives a lesser version I think at +30%, and Kefka's is +20%?)  It's getting ridiculous since they keep missing the forest in-spite the trees.

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: February 26, 2016, 07:49:18 PM »
Should have read the Seymour requirements.

Beaten, not mastered.

Tidus, yuna, auron, wakka, lulu.

Tidus n yuna had relic sbs. Auron drawtilates. Lulu spams aoe.

No slow, poison or sap. Whoops!

Dunno if I'd even bother trying again. Major fire and lightning aren't a top priority and completing it netted me 3 MPOs.

Score!

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: February 27, 2016, 12:16:43 PM »
Melusiline Ultimate beaten, quest reward get! Setup was:

Bartz (Thundaga Strike, Blizzaga Strike), Actions->SB Up RM
Krile (Thundaja, Firaja), Dualcast Black
Faris (Full Break, Magic Breakdown), Rebel Ace
Gilgamesh (Ice Jump, Flaming Weeaboo), Dragoon's Determination
Lenna (Shellga, Curaja), Dualcast White
SRS RW

So a week after talkin shit about Dragoon I'm glad it exists, discount Spellblade as it were, so Gilgamesh could do things in this fight. Really missed hastega here, but Stonera skin was more important than using Scream for sure. Interestingly, Bartz's BSSB wasn't as godly as it normally is thanks to RNG luck--she never went Fire-weak again, and Bartz couldn't actually do anything to her while she was Physical weak except another BSSB. Also had some amazing luck with Dualcast white proccing juuuuust when I needed it 5/6 times. Only lost one medal to damage.

I still have Leviathan to go, but I just noticed the Ifrit fight ends tomorrow, so I guess I'll grind that out tonight. He's obnoxiously tanky, but I feel like I just need to get the right setup going. I don't really have a whole lot of room to change characters from my A-team, though I may bench Ramza for a mage and let Tyro handle the debuffs. Really wish I could swap Zack out, too, since his Blizzara Strike is noticibly pitiful here, but I NEED hastega and I NEED SRS/SG.

At least it's not Kuja-level obnoxious where I'm not sure if I can even win, it's just regular obnoxious. Most I've had to think about a boss in a while, at least, though not really since I'm so limited in my realistic options. Really wish I had a native Thyrus, then it'd be easy. Swap Ramza out for Terra, have Rinoa's BSSB on RW, and win. Ah well.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: February 27, 2016, 02:26:24 PM »
I'm pretty sure you can make it happen with your party, just uh Ifrit just has ALL THE STATS so it's gonna hurt.

Anyhow, Ultimate Seymour Flux. Setup:

Tidus (L80): Lightning Steel, Guardian Targe, Muscle Belt, R5 Tempo Flurry, R5 Venom Buster, Dragoon's Determination
Yuna (L65): Lullaby Rod, Red Cap, Mage's Armlet, R5 Maduin, R5 Valefor, Dr. Mog's Teachings
Kefka (L65): Magistral Rod, 4++* Wizard Armlet, Adept's Bangle, Devotion
Red XIII (L80): 5++* Thief Blade,  5++* Barbut, Muscle Belt, R2 Full Break, R4 Power Breakdown, Ace Striker
Y'shtola (L65): 5+* Wyrmfang, Al-Bhed Jumper, Yuna's Obi, R5 Curaja, R2 Shellga, Mako Might

Lulu Focus as a RW.

My main problem was that I decided any buffing before the 50% mark, when Seymour lands his second spell, just wouldn't be useful. Well, Protectga would, but I only had that attached to Lunatic High and you can see I had the brilliant idea of bringing Shellga instead to cover a mitigation I didn't have. Bad idea, his magic only becomes threatening below the second U-Dispel and at that point you have SSII/SG. Protectga's a lot more useful above that range and half the problem is getting there safely. Funnily, the winning run involved Tidus dying to a Flare -just- after landing Poison on Seymour post-U-Dispel. Since I landed Slow early, I just said "fuck it, you obviously like owls" and bumrushed his ass from there. Worked, at least!

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: February 27, 2016, 05:38:33 PM »
Meh, gave up. It's definitely in the realms of possibility, but I just don't care anymore.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: February 28, 2016, 01:34:59 AM »
[19:34] <MagicFanatic> ...Two 11-pulls.  Get 2 Platinum Fists and Cid's Harpoon on one draw, and two of Zack's Gloves on the other pull.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: February 28, 2016, 02:02:16 AM »
Now, on Reddit: people melting into salt because the 13% on relics is actually 12.871% rounded up.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: February 28, 2016, 03:18:24 AM »
Spent money to get slightly more gems - enough to do one more pull.

...Get a third Platinum Fist.

I think I'm done trying for the BSB and SSB now.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #1794 on: February 28, 2016, 04:49:16 AM »
2x 11-pulls - No 5*s both times. Damn. That's more wrecked than when I pulled for Terra's weapon.

Whatever, RNG gonna RNG. I'm sure I can still Advantaliate things just fine with my current equipment.

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
  • Saving the world with curry and coffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: February 28, 2016, 05:04:27 AM »
Just did 15 mythril, nothing good.

This guy broke the laws of statistics:

http://imgur.com/a/M2QYa

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #1796 on: February 28, 2016, 05:30:15 AM »
Man, I didn't know it was possibly to get salty at another person in a F2P non-PVP game, but it has just happened. So much salt.

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: February 28, 2016, 05:34:08 AM »
Friend got clouds bsb. I didn't try. Zacks gloves look cool.

I don't even see what this wardrobe thing does.  Stats look identical?

Didn't delve in too much. Just glanced.

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: February 28, 2016, 11:37:55 AM »
did a 3 draw on AC because a friend did a 3 draw and got trash

I got trash

What did I expect
<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile