Author Topic: Futurama 2020 Season 1 Finals  (Read 1364 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Futurama 2020 Season 1 Finals
« on: June 07, 2020, 03:02:44 PM »
Godlike

Persephone (Wild ARMs 5) vs Fou-lu (Breath of Fire IV)

Heavy

Hildagard Valentine (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Merurulince Rede Arls (Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland)

Middle

Ursula (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years) vs Messam Elmdor (Final Fantasy Tactics)

Light

Chemist (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Chahn (Cosmic Star Heroine)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Futurama 2020 Season 1 Finals
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2020, 06:34:17 PM »
Assassin Dagger hype part II?  Chahn needs to build up a ton of style, use most of her abilities, then do Arsenal Maelstrom -> Orbital Assault or the like to smash through Chemist's healing.  While Assassin Dagger takes it sweet time to kill anything, I dunno if Chahn can put this one away fast enough.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2020, 12:01:21 AM »
Godlike

Persephone (Wild ARMs 5) vs Fou-lu (Breath of Fire IV): ITD overkill damage is the way to go but the delay means she gets fried, and there are 2 forms.

Heavy

Hildagard Valentine (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Merurulince Rede Arls (Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland): I think Merururu but will let others weigh in.

Middle

Ursula (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years) vs Messam Elmdor (Final Fantasy Tactics)

Light

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2020, 02:41:41 AM »

Godlike

Persephone (Wild ARMs 5) vs Fou-lu (Breath of Fire IV): Probably. Fou-Lu gets off one almost-full Dark Wave and that really really hurts.

Middle

Ursula (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years) vs Messam Elmdor (Final Fantasy Tactics): Tenketsu should go through Blade Grasp, a la Punch Art. The stat topic doesn't list its damage but I remember it doing more than her physical, so I can't imagine it fails to 2HKO and a OHKO is possible depending on how harsh I feel like being to a post-Orlandu FFT boss without Defence Up.

Light

Chemist (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Chahn (Cosmic Star Heroine): Chahn's second hyper turn is turn 7, and with it comes a 200 style burst which should kill Chemist in one hit (and if there's any doubt, Silver Bullets buff should push her over the top. So can Chemist kill before then? Not with damage, Chahn just needs to heal once to stop that. With Assassin Dagger? It kicks in turn 5 on average and then the target gets two more turns, which is just barely enough... unless Chahn's Pick-Me-Up Gun is seen as slowing it down. Overall I'm inclined to. Alternatively, if you don't see instant death bypassing desperation, that'd also tilt the scales (I do, however).

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2020, 02:55:18 AM »
Godlike

Middle

Ursula (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years) vs Messam Elmdor (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Sure, I'll bite

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2020, 06:10:22 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Hildagard Valentine (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Merurulince Rede Arls (Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland)

Middle

Light

Chemist (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Chahn (Cosmic Star Heroine) *slides in to CSH voting right to vote against Chahn* woo~
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2020, 01:53:47 PM »
Godlike

Middle

Light

Chemist (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Chahn (Cosmic Star Heroine)- Assassin's Dagger hits even earlier for me (since I would see Desperation delaying ID)
...into the nightfall.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2020, 09:56:00 PM »
Middle

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2020, 10:25:54 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Hildagard Valentine (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Merurulince Rede Arls (Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland) - a pretty exciting match here! Slim Hilda outspeeds Meruru and Pink Bat roughly trades off, but neither of them can OHKO Meruru. Curvy Hilda's Grand Slam is probably her best bet, but Curvy doesn't outspeed, so Meruru gets a turn to toss a Secret Remedy (500 HP Healing, 83% chance of surviving fatal blows for 4 turns, in addition to Meruru's 10% Guts from her equips) or a Guardian Jewel (Defense +208%, status resist +208% for 4 turns) if you see Grand Slam's ID as needing to be mitigated by Status Resistance instead of "Fatal Blow" resistance (Note that Meruru already has 75% status res from her equips too). So it's unlikely that Grand Slam can hit on the first use, but not impossible! Meruru can one-round Bat or Slim, but Curvy's solid enough that Meruru doesn't OHKO. Curvy might be able to healstall out Meruru's 5 uses of her relevant items, but I think Meruru can Meteor (to set some Timed Cards) to add some pressure and then follow up with her ridiculous Bomb Ice damage to bust through Curvy Hilda's healing before she gets enough uses of Grand Slam for the ID to land.

Middle

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2020, 09:09:24 PM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light

CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.