Register

Author Topic: CT's Corner~  (Read 1774 times)

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
CT's Corner~
« on: January 26, 2013, 12:48:43 PM »
Whereupon CTs posts stuffs and we find out about CT baits, and maybe there will be reviews, pictures, fun videos and/or discussions, people suggesting ways for CT to improve stuffs and stuffs~ Maybe~

I'll go the here's stuff I did earlier way first -

Starting with maybe the biggest CT bait of all (except maybe Aerith and Vanille but Aerith/Vanille also have character/story reasons as to why they are such big CT baits, this girl might have the edge in the battle ; ) Then again there's also Meru) this is a writeup I did in conjuction with/for wheresatari for a top ten list at GAMEFAQs, wheresatari already had a first draft writeup to show when I was contacted but I was basically allowed to heavily editorialize/re-write/re-shape pretty much everything and add to it, etc though I also left credit, etc to some of the original work as well, like the intro and the last two sentences are all tari's if I remember right ;D

Ok, so without further ado -

Peppita

I realize some are adverse to the child in the group, but they are hard to pass up when they hit this hard and are so darn useful. Peppita may be small, but she packs quite the punch. You get her at level one, meaning she has a lot of catching up to do, but once she gains a few decent levels, you really won't want to take her out of the party.

She as a multitude of multi-hit abilities that do great damage to enemy HP, and has some that can do great MP damage as well. In this game, you can MP kill enemies as easily (or easier) as you can HP kill them, which is unique and very helpful (at the very least, she can drain an enemies' MP keeping them from using their skills and spells). She has dances that can raise strength or give you MP regen, and she is protected from certain attacks while dancing as well. She also has the ability to call upon a Faerie Friend to fight in battles for her (and not the Tinker Bell kind either). If all this wasn't enough, she has amazing counters that can cause major damage, render her invulnerable to many types of attacks including boss super moves and inflict chaos on susceptible targets, which seriously debilitates them. It's also possible to incorporate her counters into set ups with which she can receive HP and MP healing and/or stun dangerous enemies preventing them from attacking. If you raise her cancel bonus to 300%, she does monster damage. You know you're tough when you can do more than 150,000 HP and 30,000 MP damage with one skill. She is second only to Maria in the hurt department, but can play off any party you put together. Sometimes under optimum conditions for her best damage she will be second to none. She can solo any boss in the game with ease, and sometimes won't take a hit in doing so.

Let's see to sell it. Let's put emphasis on her ability to buff. Just how good is it? Power Dance is definitely Peppita's big money move; with the ability to up to triple the Attack stat and team damage output at max skill level. Basically a Power Dance buffed team will be putting out three times the damage with physical attacks and battle skills when Power Dance is built up, but even to start with, it basically doubles Attack power enabling a whole team to operate at twice the strength from the time Peppita gets this skill for use. Peppita can eventually max the Attack stat with Power Dance without needing factors from the game's Item Creation system added to equipment. As a pure support and buffing skill it's pretty broken in and of itself, not to mention its low fury and MP costs, inbuilt dance invincibility frames, etc.

Perhaps I'll elaborate on the powerhouse aspect a bit more? Like how she's in the top three damage dealers post game, or one of the best damage dealers for the super bosses. With Dream Hammer as her ultimate battle skill and her short range melee physical attacks and counters, targets will buckle under Peppita's assault in record breaking times. Under the optimum conditions for these skills, to shine, she joins Maria as an essential part of a blitz damage orientated force.

There's also the status effects of many of Peppita's battle skills to consider including chaos, freeze and instant death. Of particular note for the powerhouse aspect is Panic Dance/chaos' ability to break the game's damage cap on tough/durable huge HP pillow-type random enemies through the end/post game, and also on sub-boss-types like the Dragoon Knight from the arena (and instant death from Kaboom on the Crystal Dragon!). Peppita can also sub well as a pure support character with her healing, buffing and MP regen abilities or can utilize options for juggling, interupting or knocking enemies around, but it's at being a powerhouse with huge damage potential she really shines. Let's wrap this up with the potential for increasing Peppita's durability through MP tanking with Convert Damage to MP + MP Regen equipment factors, which combined with her counters, will enable her to eat a lot of damage and survive. This makes it very hard for her to die when done right, and enables her to keep on dishing out unrelenting pain. Plus, who can resist that cute face. Give me a P, give me a E...oh, sorry.

"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
Re: CT's Corner~
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 11:09:22 PM »
I would think about mentioning how technical a character she is since you talk about using counters, 300% cancel combo and abusing invincibility frames.

Good though!  Keep posting!
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.