Register

Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 62  (Read 3383 times)

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 62
« on: January 21, 2012, 01:53:10 AM »

"Hmm... it seems like there's been some debate going back and forth. I like it. I will allow you to continue for now... let us see if even those of you who have ventured so far can endure what I have in store for you!

Link to the Dungeon Wiki!

----------------
Team Sage | Demi, Toadstool, Edgar(Speed?) Robo, Brey
[Floor 4: Diff'rent Strokes]
Team Sage vs. Hahn, Tia, Luna, Mareg and Shana
Team Sage vs. Palom, Porom, Edward, Cid and Yang
Team Sage vs. Albel, Adray, Noel and Chisato
Team Sage vs. Yumei, Badrach, Aelia, Lorenta and Grey
Team Sage vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf, Olan and Reis

Team Bardiche | Billy, Sasarai (Resourceless), Sacred Slayer, Eiko, FF1 Monk, Nall
[Floor 3b: Multiply]
**All attacks, regardless of original ability, hit either all enemies or all allies for this floor.
Team Bard vs. Marcus, Seth and Titania
Team Bard vs. FF1 White Wizard, FFT Priest, FF5 White Mage, FF3DS White Mage and FFX-2 White Mage
Team Bard vs. Alma, Kresnik, Ricardo and Marco (RH)
Team Bard vs. Boss Magus and Dalton
*Full Heal
Team Bard vs. Lady Harken (ACF) and Zeikfried (ACF)

Team MICHAEL | Ramza, Feena, Rosa+Rydia(Body Charge), Ditto
[Ramza: Wizard, Item, Auto-Potion, Equip Armor| Feena: Fire Egg, Water Egg, Wind Egg]
[Chemist/Knight mastered]
[Floor 3a: A Singlet]
**All attacks, regardless of original ability, are single target for this floor and may be targetted regardless of original conditions.
Team MICHAEL vs. Chris, Rody (Firefly Rune (Not Sealstone)), Alanis and Melville
Team MICHAEL vs. Kiryl and Angelo
Team MICHAEL vs. Flora (WoZ)
Team MICHAEL vs. Atma Weapon
*Full Heal
Team MICHAEL vs. Kefka

Team Snowfire | Celes, Feena, Red XIII, Strago (Neo Speed), Ricardo
[Celes: Kirin , Siren, Shoat, Unicorn, Phantom, ZoneSeek, Tritoch, Phoenix, Raiden(Using), Ragnarok]
*Celes has been granted Marvel Shoes
*Red XIII has been granted Mystile, Bahamut ZERO and Level 1 Double Cut Materia
[Floor 9: Sealstone Revenge]
Team Snowfire vs. Terra, Riou, Wakka and Alicia (VP2) (Status Symbol Law)
Team Snowfire vs. Eiko, Raquel, Aeris, Gilder, Enrique and Marco (Violent Burst Law)
Team Snowfire vs. Tidus (Sonic Steel) (Neo Speed), Jane and Clarissa
Team Snowfire vs. Ricardo, Purim, Artea, Yulie, Nina4, Nina1 and Lucius (All with Life Sealstone)
Team Snowfire vs. Ephraim, Ryu1, Mewtwo and Marle (All with Body Charge)

Status Symbol Law - Team is fully status, debuff and ID immune, but has damage done to them increased by 1.1x and damage done by them decreased to .9x.

Violent Burst Law - Characters with system-specific gauges begin the floor with them filled. These gauges do not charge during the floor by any other means.

Neo Speed - The effective speed of one character is increased by 25% and increases by 25% each time that character takes a turn, this effect caps at 200% base speed. The speed of this character cannot be increased in any way, nor can this character grant or be granted turns via any manner. If the character dies the speed is removed and cannot be regained.

Life - One character's healing effects now also allows for revival, but reduces the final effect of any healing to 75%. (This means full healing is always 75%) The healing also only revives characters with 1 HP. The healing received from spells that hit more than one target may be used as revival once per battle.

Body Charge - Increases the health, damage and effective speed of a character by 1.3x and decreases damage to them to .7x

Resourceless - One character's spells and abilities are now free but you may not use the same ability more than once a fight. This does not apply to moves that drain all resources.

Speed? - The effective speed of one character is set to 120% (1.2x) average speed and may not be increased in any way. The rest of the team's speed is set to 95% (.95) of its normal value and may be increased.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 09:39:12 PM by Nephrite »

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 62
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 01:57:50 AM »
blah blah this is why my team wins

[Ramza: Wizard, Item, Auto-Potion, Equip Armor| Feena: Fire Egg, Water Egg, Wind Egg]
**All attacks, regardless of original ability, are single target for this floor and may be targetted regardless of original conditions.
Team MICHAEL vs. Chris, Rody (Firefly Rune (Not Sealstone)), Alanis and Melville - Okay so, have to kill Rody first. Uh, yeah, not hard. Ditto transforms into Chris. If Chris Silence Lake's Ramza, then the rest of the team just blows him to tiny bits. Or Rydia turns him into a Frog.
Team MICHAEL vs. Kiryl and Angelo - There's nothing these two can do to threaten me.
Team MICHAEL vs. Flora (WoZ) - Flora can nuke someone every turn, but... I have multiple ways to revive, so...
Team MICHAEL vs. Atma Weapon - This goes back to the "more than one reviver" thing.
*Full Heal
Team MICHAEL vs. Kefka - This too.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 02:56:33 AM »
Holding off on Team Sage for now, confusion blocking abounds in some of these fights and I'd need to muddle out what that spells for the team.  The president's team can likely handle the floor going off of kneejerk, sure, so pass.  Gonna wait for arguments on Team Snowfire, abstain on Team Bardiche.

SageAcrin

• WATCH OUT! THAT'S HYDRO PUMP!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...Is it smiling...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 03:04:55 AM »
blah blah this is why my team wins

Team Sage vs. Hahn, Tia, Luna, Mareg and Shana:

Lessee here. You have a bunch of below average and average speeds vs Noiseblaster, and Tia(/Mareg maybe?). I don't think Tia/Mareg can solo Edgar unless I'm missing something. Cleanup is easy after that.

Team Sage vs. Palom, Porom, Edward, Cid and Yang:

Yang and Edward status a few people, not enough to prevent status curing in some form(Medic at very worst), then they all die. Unless you somehow really respect Palom/Porom durability, this seems easy again.

Team Sage vs. Albel, Adray, Noel and Chisato:

Oh look people that are all average speed that don't block Confusion. (Stat topic doesn't list a SO3 confusion blocker anyways, even though the game apparently has the status. Heh.) Yeah. Even with debatable speed arguments, you're again looking at mostly Chisato and maybe some of Albel's faster/less effective moves going first...

Team Sage vs. Yumei, Badrach, Aelia, Lorenta and Grey:

...Edgar's getting a lot of milage...okay, let's assume you allow the blanket status blockers so this isn't ended instantly by Noiseblaster, as this is boring. Flash is probably still fairly acceptable MT damage at this point, Phonon should exist, and Brey should be at a point where his MT damage isn't too fail, same with Edgar's Flash. This alone should probably end this. If not, insert some variation where Edgar and Toadstool beat down the mages, forcing the three fighters to either overkill one character horribly-not doing them much help in the process-and then they all die. Seems simple even with a lot of concessions. >_>

Team Sage vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf, Olan and Reis:

Okay, this is the only hard part unless I miss something.

W8 can be non-magically confused(handy), but assuming everyone else has blockers(this is quite an iffy assumption with Olan but let it ride), then Sleepy Time knocks everyone out. W8 blasts the crap out of either: Himself(good!) or one of his teammates(better!), waking them. Everyone piles on the awake person while Brey buffs people. W8 either self destructs(everyone piles on one sleeping person) or gets confused again until he does.

Olan could throw a cog in this works, depending on how you see his speed. Assuming he goes before the whole team, though, or has a status blocker to stop Noiseblaster...Medic just heals the status before most people's turns. Assuming Demi is somehow dead-let's say you take a really harsh view on between battles revival for her, let the VP team have status blockers, and she got blown away there-it's still a 50-50 at very best, as Toadstool getting through to sleep people is enough.

If somehow that happened I'd probably point out that Demi could have defended up there without too much trouble unless you have a lot of VP mage durability respect. Then I wander out of heavy interp theorycraft land.

Yeah, I think my team makes it. Team Sage passes.

confusion blocking abounds in some of these fights and I'd need to muddle out what that spells for the team.

Quoted for pun. Anyways...

Team Bardiche...

Oh hell it has MT Turn Shift? Must not just vote for it based on that, Sacred Slayer crumples fast enough in some situations. Seriously though...

mmm I think it passes. The first fight is annoying as hell but I don't have confidence in my ability to say that the mass of below average speeds there take enough damage to actually *die* from those three hits. Oddly enough I think the rest should be fairly easy off the top of my head, but eating three MT physicals for that team isn't easy, even if two of them suck. Still, I think they make it through.

Team Bardiche passes.

Team MICHAEL...yeah, I don't think it needs even as much analysis as Neph gave it, honestly, Body Change Rosa/Rydia does unpleasant things to most of that setup. Pass.

Team Snowfire...uh, huh, I think Celes+Strago does enough damage to take out fight one, though that's pretty close. The next two fights seem easy enough, the fourth literally seems to get taken apart with Raiden and never recovers(Who out of that mess blocks ID? Just Nina4?).

The last fight though...well, Celes with frigging Marvel Shoes takes hits well enough, and Red can't be reliably taken out in a hit. This means they either focus on those two-and unreliably take them out-or eat a massive hit of damage or ID from them, plus damage from whoever happens to be left standing.

mmm. Yeah I don't see them losing there.

So yeah Team Snowfire passes.

tl;dr everyone pass
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 03:33:21 AM by SageAcrin »
<RichardHawk> Waddle Dee looks broken.
<TranceHime> Waddle Dee does seem broken.

"Forget other people's feelings, this is fun and life is but a game and we nought but players in it.  CHECKMATE!  King me and that is Uno." - Grefter

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 04:56:24 AM »
Eh sure, I'll bite, pass for Team Sage.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 06:34:33 AM »
Sage fails FF4 fight has too much dangerous and fast status for the team to deal with I think.  Snowfire also fails, too many judgement calls need to go his way. Red Zone can make the second fight difficult and there are a lot of people who just can't get turns, especially Aeris with the invincibility limit and Enrique has overkill damage and a nasty speed buff. The third fight is absolutely nuts. With Sonic Steel haste, Clarissa and Jane are getting a fuckton of turns real fast which Clarissa uses to snipe a whole bunch of turns from everyone else. The damage per turn isn't that scary, but it adds up and Clarissa and Tidus only need to take out Snowfire's revivers to make things difficult and I think they might be able to do just that.

Fourth lacks damage, but has some fast status going around and Purim can not get a turn could be nasty if the team comes in limping.

Even if they make it to the last fight intact, Mewtwo and Ryu and Ephraim all go first and sort of knock the team on it's heels immediately with big damage. 

I think Neph passes, abstain on Bardiche for now.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2012, 06:49:37 AM »
[Celes: Kirin , Siren, Shoat, Unicorn, Phantom, ZoneSeek, Tritoch, Phoenix, Raiden(Using), Ragnarok]
EZ.  Celes's Quick -> Ultima -> Ultima kills everyone but Wakka, then status Wakka, then have Celes Osmose her MP back from Wakka.  See how YOU like it.  (Remember, SSL means they're taking an extra +10%, and Ultima MT is like .50 PCHP, so 2x Ultima is ~1 PCHP damage, or 1.1 PCHP damage in this fight.)

Team Snowfire vs. Eiko, Raquel, Aeris, Gilder, Enrique and Marco (Violent Burst Law)
Okay, this is why I asked for Bahamut ZERO on Red, actually.  This fight is potentially totally bonkers, and I sort of have a plan for surviving their assault, but....  giving Red MT means I think I can just go for a crazy blitz.  A few things first:

If Enrique does NOT use Justice Shield, Celes blows everyone up, so he does.  (The Judgment is like 3 PCHP overkill but he can't risk not using the Shield.)  If Gilder does NOT use Aura of Denial, Celes goes on a Quick -> Doom -> Doom spree and Strago Sour Mouths, so no, he does that rather than The Claudia (~ 1 PCHP MT physical or so?)

That said, even with Justice Shield up (damage halving), I think I can just smash through.  Celes does Quick Ultima Ultima (1 PCHP ITD damage -> 0.5), Red summons Bahamut ZERO (actually not that broken against aftergame damage...  Fire3 is 4x base damage, and B0 is 7.5x base damage.  So taking the figure from Red's Fire3, it does 5437 damage at the level in Meeple's topic, except MT.  So that's .55 PCHP damage -> .27), and Strago GrandTrains (.30 PCHP damage MT -> .15).  Ignoring Feena, that's .92 damage MT; Feena can use pretty much any spell (Crackling?) to finish off anyone with average durability, which is "everyone except the Skies of Arcadia characters."  (Remember, Raquel has great PDef, but below average HP, so she doesn't like ITD or magic.)  Now, there's one wrinkle, and that's Red Zone - Raquel getting a turn means a horrible killing spree of 5 Raquel turns since I'm blitzing rather than setting up defenses.  I want to say I can chip around it, though.  Even if I can't (Strago is doing .15 PCHP damage to her, but Red Zone triggers at 20% health, so if Strago is supposed to do the killing blow, it triggered...), the worst case scenario is Feena blows Time Gate and spends one of her TG turns *healing* Raquel.  Sure, Raquel survives, but she can't kill all 3 revivers - Celes has some MBlock and auto-Safe and good Defense will take 2 turns minimum, Red has Mystile evasion (prepare the Iron Divide hype?!) and shouldn't be OHKOed either, and Feena barely survives a singel Raquel hit so she takes 2 hits to kill as well.  Once Raquel finishes, VB law turns off more FP gain and she's slow, so I easily rebuild.  Rest from her relentless blade, indeed.

(ALTERNATE) I think the above is the best plan.  A short version of how I'd see a survive plan rather than a blitz plan: Dump most of Celes's MP in the previous fight.  Quick->Life3 self -> Osmose Eiko, to put a cork in Trance Double White  (F9 Celes with depleted MP should do like 500+MP damage with Osmose, which is le nuts, and I'm pretty sure JS doesn't affect MP damage).  Strago Big Guards, Feena uses her bad buffs, Ricardo EternalTreasures, Red does whatever (defends?!).  Sure, Great Gospel resolves, but with all those buffs up Raquel can only do so much damage, and she especially hates the Life3 on Celes forcing another action, and Red's Mystile Evasion.  Eiko can't contribute summons or Holy with her MP drained.  Marco can go for Sleep hax on Strago -> Turn Break Red, but frankly the team runs out of gas after Raquel's killing spree, so if even just Red survived, I get to rebuild, and eventually kill them after the invincibility expires.  The main trick is still having enough alive characters non-Turn Breaked to keep the SoA characters honest and not have Gilder kill everyone, say.  So yeah, I prefer the blitz over this, but I think it might be workable.

Regardless, especially if Raquel was left alive, let Ricardo play the MP regen song at the end.

So I'm not really sure how exactly Jane works with Follow Me and crazy double-turns. However, this team can never ever ever let Celes get a turn (Raiden).  Or Feena (Tree of Life).  Or Strago.  And Red / Ricardo turns aren't great either, especially if Clarissa is on the brink of death.  Clarissa doesn't have healing, so she gets off 2 decent Sacrifices and that's about it (one for .84 PCHP, the 2nd for .42 PCHP).  Tidus gets an *insane* number of turns off the NeoSpeed / Hastega / Slowga combo but his Sonic Steel offense is only so much.  Celes is an obvious first target since she's immune to Slow and Hasted off Marvel Shoes, except she has auto-Safe and good defense and a non-trivial MBlock rate against spammed attacks.  I just don't think Clarissa can stay lucky off Rob Turn forever, and she can even run out of MP keeping that many people locked down.  Also, both Clarissa and Tidus fear Red's evasion, and unless Clarissa saves her first Sacrifice for finishing Red off, they can't chip around his Limit either, so it's only safe to kill him when his turn has been robbed.  While Clarissa is getting enough turns to maybe lock down everyone, I don't think Tidus can kill enough people quickly before Clarissa's MP runs out, and if she tries to finish things quickly by throwing in Sacrifices and Howling Shots, then the odds of me sneaking in a turn to Tree of Life / Life2 / Sour Mouth / etc. and reset the game shoot up.

Rough fight sketch:
Init: Hastega.  (2x recharge time, but Tidus is at double speed, and +50% from NeoSpeed, so pretend it was just NeoSpeed)
Tidus: Slowga.
Clarissa: Rob Turn Celes.  (If this misses, gg!  Clarissa's speed post-Hastega is such that she doubles average, but she doesn't double Marvel Shoes Celes.)
Jane: ? (damage?  Provoke Red to attack her rather than Clarissa with Sucker?)
Celes: Win if Celes's turn, if robbed: Rob Turn Red?
Tidus: Quick Hits.  (And lots of them, since he's naturally Octaturning now *before* QH is factored in.  Maybe throw in a Slow on Red if Slowga Mystile missed him.)
Everyone else: Clarissa keeps spamming Rob Turn, and her own natural turns she spams more Rob Turn to deal with the misses.  PROBLEM: She has enough MP for 8 Rob Turns + 2 Sacrifices.  Even with Tidus getting insane turns, Celes is also getting turns at a decent rate with her undispellable Haste (and Safe and Regen!).  So...  Clarissa probably Sacrifices to help kill Celes quicker.  Still, of her 8 Rob Turns, 2 will be misses.  Let's say she Robs everyone of their first turn, and sneaks in a Sacrifice on Celes to kill her quickly...  that's 5 robbed turns already.  Everyone but one person gets their (slowed) round 2 turns, and Red has a Limit turn (or else Celes stayed alive longer and required a stolen turn), and...   yeah.  So Tidus & Jane need to have killed Celes, Feena, AND Red in that time and snuck around Red casting Life2 on Celes.  Will maybe be up for doing the math later, but while it's a close-run thing, I think that even Octaturns can't handle it, never mind the chance of Clarissa getting unlucky.

Team Snowfire vs. Ricardo, Purim, Artea, Yulie, Nina4, Nina1 and Lucius (All with Life Sealstone)
Just blow 'em up with ITD magic.  At worst, Yulie's Crisis RFX up triggers, but Yulie can only do so much here.  Quicken Purim?  Or if she started on the right hex, Material, which isn't quite a full heal?  But I think she dies to 2x Ultima anyway.  (Raiden also kills Purim, Lucius, Nina1, and maybe Artea (depends on Casino stuff according to Elf's status blocking list), but I think damage is better.)

On the bright side for the Dungeon team, only Marle is seriously worried about dying from damage.  On the down side, as usual, Celes getting a turn is game over w/ Raiden.  BC Mewtwo and BC Ryu1 outrace Celes, and I think they can combine and probably kill her through Safe/ Shell?  Let's assume so, if they can't I win (Raiden).  BC'd Eph is next (130% initiative) and murderizes Feena.  And...  the team is out of gas.  Marle...  was 78% in the old stat topic, but is 81% now?  So she's 1.05 speed, still slower than Red & Feena.  (BC is multiplicative, not additive).  Red double-cut attacks Marle, Feena breaks out Time Gate-> Zap Whip to kill BC Marle -> SNOOZE hype.  Strago Sour Mouths Ryu1 (he's only immune if he transforms, which he can't afford to do if he wants to kill Celes) or Mewtwo, whichever dodged the Snooze.  Ricardo does something (Eternal Treasure?).  Probably both Ryu1 & Mewtwo are statused, but even if one isn't, they can't OHKO anyone else.  Ephraim is still terrifying, but he can't really KO Red through Mystile, and Ricardo's ET buff probably doesn't hurt.  So...  kill Feena and make Strago hurt at best.  When Red gets a turn, revive Celes with Life2, and Strago can take another shot at statusing.  The team might have natural doubles off BC coming up, but too many threats to manage after 2/4 are dead / statused.  Eph is saved for last with his insane BC dodge, but status will get him eventually (since damage sure won't with BC up).

EDIT: Seeing dude's post...  just pointing out that Celes should go before Ephraim if people use "FE characters are average init."  Eph is 130% speed, Celes is 134% speed, so Mewtwo & Ryu absolutely must kill Celes themselves.

Tentatively I think I have it.  The Tidus fight is pretty crazy, and the VB fight is nightmarish if not blitzed, but I think the team manages.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 06:53:04 AM by SnowFire »

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2012, 07:06:54 AM »
I think Mewtwo and Ryu have enough to punch through Celes by themselves, and Ephraim has a good argument for going first. He's got above average move to go along with the speed buff and FF6 speed is sort of suspect.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2012, 10:23:26 AM »
Just a note Snowfire, are you assuming in the VBL fight that Enrique can halve all damage? Because he actually only gets Physicals (with Aika being the complement who gets magic), which much of your damage isn't!
...into the nightfall.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2012, 04:58:50 PM »
I thought Enrique got all damage with Justice Shield.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
  • The Lonely People (Are Getting Lonelier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2012, 06:31:42 PM »
Most sites I've checked indicate that Justice Shield only covers physical damage.

Still, that doesn't matter to me, this is a fail for Snowfire. (As a humorous aside, for the first fight Snow, it's a little difficult to "status" Wakka when he can't actually be status'd. But not that it matters, that fight ends fairly quickly anyways. ;p)

This is pretty brutal. If Tidus is octaturning without dishing out Quick Hits, it adds up, and it adds up FAST. Tidus damage isn't super impressive, but it's not a total joke either. 1 hit with a Sonic Steel should be something like 0.15-0.20 PCHP, depending how you scale things. Not to mention, he also has this neat attack called Delay Attack, and if it's game over if Celes gets a turn, he'll just use Delay Attack if she's about to get a turn. Is there any reason why she would be immune to Delay? Also, assuming Tidus has Warrior OD mode, he's getting an Overdrive eventually. Hell, with the amount of turns he's getting while Clarissa robs the others' turns, he could probably even get an Overdrive using Ally mode and doing Quick Hits in succession, with the occasional Delay Attack. Blitz Ace hurts. This team doesn't even need to win (heck, they actually might anyways), they just need to kill the revivers, which, in my estimation, they can easily do.

Tidus admittedly only has so much MP, though, but I think he totally has enough to do what's needed. All he really needs is enough for the necessary Delay Attacks to prevent Celes from getting a turn, and QHs. The stat topic says he'd have 142 MP by endgame, which feels low, but I'm guessing that's because we only let Tidus have his own section of the Sphere Grid. That's fine, 142 should still be plenty. Priority #1 is killing Celes. Let's say Tidus gets in 6 Quick Hits (72 MP) and 8 Delay Attacks (64 MP) for something like 14 hits total (total of 136 MP): even with Safe, that's still enough to wreck Celes. 14 hits, even with the Sonic Steel, is doing well over 1.5 PCHP even if you scale Tidus harshly, and it kills her through Safe. After inflicting this much damage, I would think Tidus has an Overdrive in store, and with an ITE Blitz Ace + chipping from Clarissa/Jane if necessary to avoid the limit, you can say byebye to Red, too. Since Tidus can continually Delay Celes' turn, Clarissa can spend her turns robbing the other dangerous people, like Strago and Feena, of THEIR turns. And Jane must surely be getting turns somewhere. She can damage, too. I don't figure she has anything else to do.

The fact that a 3-person team can mutilate a 5-person team says a lot about how dangerous speed is in the dungeon. I don't think I'm overestimating Tidus/Clarissa/Jane either. Hastega + Slowga + Delay Attacks + Rob Turns is so hilariously over the top.

I'll go through the other teams later today, or tomorrow.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 07:01:18 PM by ThePiggyman »
Quote from: DjinnAndTonic
Quote from: OblivionKnight
if you believe in being a GOOD PERSON

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2012, 08:02:48 PM »
Quick correction: Was swapping my FF6 percentages in my head.  FF6 Haste is in fact a 31.2% boost in initiative, not 34%.  If Celes is average speed or better, she still would hustle around Ephraim, and if she's a tad below average, it's basically a tie (which would probably favor Eph).  (Doesn't apply to a FE threat-range initiative analysis of course, but sticking to the more common interps.)  That said not sure it matters, since I think Ephraim wants to kill Feena anyway and still let Mewtwo / Ryu handle Celes even if they had options.

Re Violent Burst Law fight:

Dhyer, I thought it was all damage.  If it is only physical damage, the fight's easy, of course, but can anyone confirm?

Also, Glen brought up a good strategy for the "leave Raquel alive" scenario.  If the center hex is open, Move+Attack-> hit Celes, then spam 4 Evil Blossom / Exorcism.  The stat topic only has an estimate on Exorcism of around .29 PCHP, but that's probably enough for a total party kill if I'm unbuffed.  So...  don't think leaving Raquel alive to avoid Red Zone while blitzing is as viable, on second thought, at least if the center hex is open.  If you allow it and Raquel didn't start there, Ricardo could move in to block?  But otherwise, I think I can chip past Red Zone.  Raquel has .93 PCHP, so Red Zone triggers at .187 PCHP.  Feena just uses pure damage in her Time Gate turn - and can mix in ST as needed - and sets it up so that Red's Bahamut ZERO kills Raquel.  As noted, that does .55 PCHP damage -> .27 PCHP damage if Justice Shield applies, so Feena just needs to knock Raquel to between .19 - .27 PCHP with her turn, a reasonably broad range that won't get screwed over by surprise damage variance.  She's already taken .50 PCHP damage, so that's .43 PCHP left.  So .16 PCHP - .24 PCHP damage, which is really .32 PCHP - .48 PCHP damage thanks to Justice Shield, and easily handled.  Hell, she probably doesn't need a Time Gate to do that, just use End of the World.

Re Neo Speed fight:
Looks like I'll have to math this one out some more!  It's tough, no doubt about it.

SageAcrin

• WATCH OUT! THAT'S HYDRO PUMP!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...Is it smiling...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2012, 10:12:18 PM »
Sage fails FF4 fight has too much dangerous and fast status for the team to deal with I think.

Demi's status immune and can cure status with MedicPower.

Palom/Porom are slower than average, Toadstool is slower than Demi, so Toadstool gets healed before her turn, then they get nailed with Sleep. IIRC there's no remotely legal sleep blocker(I think Rosa could get one with PRISONER'S CLOTHES or whatever, but not those two.).

I can see that fight draining my resources for a later fight maybe, but I'm struggling to see it kill. Toss in Sleepmore on one of the twins/status fighters to take them out of commission temporarily, if you're still not buying it.

I've just got too much status on my end, and trying to take out all my status healers at once gets Edgar to status you, even if you somehow decided Demi could be statused out(Group Hug also cures status and all).
<RichardHawk> Waddle Dee looks broken.
<TranceHime> Waddle Dee does seem broken.

"Forget other people's feelings, this is fun and life is but a game and we nought but players in it.  CHECKMATE!  King me and that is Uno." - Grefter

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2012, 02:48:45 PM »
Team Sage vs. Hahn, Tia, Luna, Mareg and Shana - This is close.  Mareg uses his boss form, and Tia and Luna are fast enough to cause some havoc here.  Have to check speeds a bit, but Brey and Edgar are the only ones that might be fast enough to fight here?  Edgar has to break someone here, as does Brey...not sure if they do it well enough.  Hahn's Eliminate just rips things apart.  Mareg's boss form actually has some speed too, so that makes it hard.  Assuming Edgar and Brey go before the rest of the opposing team...Brey tries for his 20-40% confusion, or Bikills someone for pain.  Edgar...well, Noiseblaster...was that MT?  If it was, that might save the team, assuming Edgar outspeeds both Tia and Mareg.  I know he won't outspeed Tia (90 to a 50-ish average when she leaves), so can Tia hit him with a status (sleep, confuse, etc. - I allow purchased spells and assume full limit gauges for all characters, so that helps here), which is 50% or so...bleh.  If Edgar falls, the team falls, because Shana can just go Dragoon and keep everyone alive, supported by Luna and Hahn sleeping and killing everyone.  Undecided here...will look at the rest. 
Team Sage vs. Palom, Porom, Edward, Cid and Yang - No special bands I saw that really help (beyond Twincest, which isn't amazing).  Mmm...not as rough as the last one - Edward basically has to debilitate Edgar, but that's the only impediment.  Unfortunately...man, I think it happens.  Edward's harps are good, and he should be fast enough.  Alternatively, he hides and then stalls the match out forever!  Again, if Edgar can't get everyone, the team probably dies to status rape.  Still not sure here, as it's a close one again.
Team Sage vs. Albel, Adray, Noel and Chisato - Bleh.  Again, relies on Edgar hitting everyone here before he gets nuked.  And I think Sage's team dies - speed interpretations here aside (where Edgar probably wins), that's 2 really close battles hinging on one person, and some random variance will invariably ensure he misses it on one of them.  If even one of Albel/Adray get an MP attack off, the team will hurt on resources. 
Team Sage vs. Yumei, Badrach, Aelia, Lorenta and Grey - Yeah, good thing I don't have to think about this one! 
Team Sage vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf, Olan and Reis - But they'd beat this one!

Team Sage Loses

Team Bardiche | Billy, Sasarai (Resourceless), Sacred Slayer, Eiko, FF1 Monk, Nall
[Floor 3b: Multiply]
**All attacks, regardless of original ability, hit either all enemies or all allies for this floor.
Team Bard vs. Marcus, Seth and Titania - Are killing weapons available by this time in FE7 and FE8?  They may very well be (maybe in a secret on-off shop).  If not...eh, easy one here.  Bard beats this one.
Team Bard vs. FF1 White Wizard, FFT Priest, FF5 White Mage, FF3DS White Mage and FFX-2 White Mage - I...uh...man, a drain.  Let me see the other matches first.
Team Bard vs. Alma, Kresnik, Ricardo and Marco (RH) - Uh...mmm...yeah, Marco's sleep effect and Trans-Turn, while nice, just won't help much.  Alma is lol as usual, Kresnik isn't a great team-player, and Ricardo doesn't have the really potent stuff yet (Third Key Kresnik might be fairly scary).  Eh, yeah, Bard gets this, I think.
Team Bard vs. Boss Magus and Dalton - Hell of a drain, but I think Bard takes it.
*Full Heal
Team Bard vs. Lady Harken (ACF) and Boomerang (ACF) - Uh...mmm...Had this been WA1o, it would be an easy win.  As is...Harken will not die fast enough to not rip some people apart, and she and Boomerang both have speed.  Ugh...think I vote against Bard here.

Team Bard fails

Team MICHAEL vs. Chris, Rody (Firefly Rune (Not Sealstone)), Alanis and Melville
Team MICHAEL vs. Kiryl and Angelo
Team MICHAEL vs. Flora (WoZ)
Team MICHAEL vs. Atma Weapon
*Full Heal
Team MICHAEL vs. Kefka

MICHAEL passes - Don't feel like going through all the fights individually, but...the lack of MT hurts the opponents more than the team, here.  Also, Ditto is brutal vs. bosses, here - lol Morph Kefka.

Team Snowfire...passes?.  This is close, but not having to fight bosses, and having crazy tricks, is helpful.  The worst is the final (they must debilitate Ryu1 before he goes Agni), but they manage that easily.
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2012, 09:38:21 PM »
Glen pointed out to me that ACF Boomerang has Shadow Stitch, which is an MT Turn Cancel. Uh... oops! He's been magically replaced with Zeikfried, if this changes anyone's votes.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2012, 10:49:03 PM »
So, there's one hilarious extra thing I forgot about in the Tidus fight.  Here was my rough analysis in my head before:

Clarissa has ~1.3 PCHP worth of damage off her 2 Sacrifices, and Tidus has enough QHs for 2.3 PCHP worth of damage IIRC (after blowing 50 MP for Hastega / Slowga).  Celes, Red, and Feena combined, including Celes's Safe/Shell bonus and good defense, are around 3.5 PCHP worth of damage to hack up. BUT Red has a Mystile giving him crazy evade, so he's really counting double, and it's more like 4.5 PCHP.  So...  that's ~3.6 PCHP damage incoming, but Jane doesn't add much even with crazy turns, so I can probably squeeze it out so long as Jane doesn't get a lucky ID shot or something.

BUT!  There's one thing I forgot that Glen pointed out!  Despite not having Triple Overdrive, Warrior / Ally OD exist, and with this many turns, Tidus can probably trigger it by "round 2!"  And Blitz Ace is ~.7 PCHP damage or so.  All of the sudden Tidus's offense is a bit scarier.  Okay, fine, so what are the odds of Clarissa screwing up with Rob Turn?  Well, she needs to rob Celes on turn 1 (25% chance of failure), and then rob everyone else's turn 1, then rob Red's Limit turn.  So... 
.25 (Celes RT failure) + sum from i=0->4  (n choose i) * p^i * (1-p)^(n-i) where n = 7, p = 0.75.

(Thanks to Talaysen for reminding me of my probability.)  As it happens, the odds of 0-4 succeses on Clarissa's 7 extra Rob Turn attempts is 24%, so 25 + 24% = 49% of Clarissa derping up and either missing her first Rob Turn, or missing too many of her later Rob Turns?

Except!  It's worse than that!  Blitz Ace *ignores evasion.*  This means that Tidus & co. can *reliably chip around Red's limit.*  (Well, assuming that the first two fights know not to do any damage to Red and leave his gauge at 0.  If you let me build up to 75% of a L1 Limit on fights 1-2, then it can't be chipped around any more.)  Clarissa doesn't need to steal Red's limit turn any more!  So...  it's really the sum from 0-3 of the above formula, or 6%.  So the actual odds of Clarissa derping up badly enough to lose the fight are 25% + 6% = 31 %.

[17:26] <Snowflame> d100 for frue Clarissa failure (less than 31 = haha RT fails, > 31 = :( )
[17:26] * Hatbot --> "Snowflame rolls d100 for frue Clarissa failure (less than 31 = haha RT fails, > 31 = :( ) and gets 79." [d100=79]

Sure maybe Strago & Ricardo clean up, but with no revivers, it doesn't matter, they die in the next 2 fights.  I thought I had the Tidus fight, too.  It's funny, as that fight was originally Tidus / Millenia / Liete, and I figured nerfing it down to Jane and the conditional turn steal of Clarissa would make it a breeze.  But nope.  Tidus is scary, folks.  I'm afraid I'm switching my vote on team SnowFire to a fail.  (but feel free to vote pass anyway on grounds that an old man and his talking red mammal couldn't possibly lose to these kids.)

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2012, 11:20:32 PM »
Yeah, after seeing the hashouts here and in chat it's pretty clear that Team Snowfire fails, unfortunately.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2012, 11:25:34 PM »
Glen pointed out to me that ACF Boomerang has Shadow Stitch, which is an MT Turn Cancel. Uh... oops! He's been magically replaced with Zeikfried, if this changes anyone's votes.

For what it's worth, the Shadow Stitch used by Boomerang proper is actually ST. No idea about Boomerang Flash.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2012, 11:26:24 PM »
Tidus arguably can't use Quick Hit for any gain.

Neo Speed - The effective speed of one character is increased by 25% and increases by 25% each time that character takes a turn, this effect caps at 200% base speed. The speed of this character cannot be increased in any way, nor can this character grant or be granted turns via any manner. If the character dies the speed is removed and cannot be regained.

Also, he can't be Hasted. Also, his turn after using the initial Hastega comes at like 67% speed because the Haste is no longer effecting him (He may want to just Haste Clarissa though). If that's factored into when his Overdrive goes off, that can be backed out at least.
...into the nightfall.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2012, 11:43:24 PM »
Dhyer: Good point, the version in the topic says that.  I saw your PM, but was going off the Sealstone list page, which says:

http://www.rpgdl.com/wiki/index.php/Sealstone_List

Neo Speed - The effective speed of one character is increased by 25% and increases by 25% each time that character takes a turn, this effect caps at 200% base speed. This character cannot grant or be granted turns via any manner. If the character dies the speed is removed and cannot be regained.

...which sounds right to me, I don't recall a speed-increase restriction.  Neph, commentary?

(Also, re my fight...  actually, I think it's more the 49% case, because Celes has Berserk.  Just leave Enrique alive in the VB law fight, then berserk him, then heal any damage to non-Red characters, then kill Enrique after Red's Limit gague is sufficiently buffed.  So I think Red's limit can't be easily avoided after all.)

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2012, 12:12:09 AM »
NEB: Boomerang is on the MT Floor.

Re: Neo Speed, no, there shouldn't be a speed restriction on it. I copied that description from my text file rather than the wiki. I forgot to update my own text file.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2012, 09:27:42 PM »
Team Sage and Team MICHAEL vs Dungeon~
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2012, 03:51:33 AM »
Fail to Team Snowfire, abstain Neph's team, pass Bard and  Sage.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2012, 07:15:55 PM »
Sage fails, others pass.

Re: Snowfire's fight against the multi-turning horde
I'm seeing his team as having plenty of setup time in the previous fight, so Red can get his limit meter to almost full and then get full-healed. Eventually one of Clarissa/Jane/Tidus gives Red his Limit turn since none of them can one-shot and he interrupts the no-turns mess by taking out Clarissa, which should be enough to win him the fight. Notably, if Ricardo gets a turn, he can use Stock to DRAIN Tidus' Overdrive meter (probably not important, I just find that funny)

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2012, 07:52:42 PM »
Assumes that the limit turn isn't subject to the Clarissa Rob Turning it.
...into the nightfall.