Register

Author Topic: RPGVO 2022 Round 1: Blood in the Pools, and Thieves in Light  (Read 910 times)

• Suggests the birth of an abomination
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
RPGVO 2022 Round 1: Blood in the Pools, and Thieves in Light
« on: August 22, 2022, 05:27:07 AM »
GODLIKE

Rudo (Brig:LoR) vs. Cloud of Darkness (FF3)
Belial (WA4) vs. Ryu (BoF3)
Chaz Ashley (PSIV) vs. Simeon (Octopath)
Shania (SH3) vs. Lamington (Disgaea)

HEAVY

Naoto Shirogane (P4) vs. Golbez (FF4:TAY)
Edge (FF4) vs. Worker 8 (FFT)
Ness (Earthbound) vs. Lady Harken (WA:ACF)
Ike (FEs) vs. Lyon (Suiko5)

MIDDLE

Ashley Winchester (WA2) vs. Bartholomew Fatima (XG)
Empoleon (PKMN) vs. Squall (FF8)
Bowser (SMRPG) vs. Kent (FE7)
Kazan (Legaia 2) vs. Koromaru (P3)

LIGHT

Thief (FF5) vs. Palmer (FF7)
Paula (EB) vs. Geela (TriStrat)
Natan (SH3) vs. Aika (SoA)
Pikachu (PKMN) vs. Locke (FF6)
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.
 <@Elecman> Seems reasonable.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: RPGVO 2022 Round 1: Blood in the Pools, and Thieves in Light
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2022, 06:33:31 AM »
Rudo is *very close* to winning this, which is amazing for a PC.  Immuning status is a good start, and having powerful counterattacks is handy when the main body starts out only able to attack (and thus walk into counters - I'd certainly force the AI to be "dumb" rather than pass their turn, and would be willing to take the 75% HP threshold guess a little lower in the DL).  Probably open with Clean Military Rule'ing out the Left Tentacle and hoping to kill the main body with counterattacks + regular attacks before dying...  just... even as tanky as Rudo is, idk if he can handle it.  Turn 1: Blow up left tentacle, eat main body physical + right tentacle lightning (1800 FF3 damage), counterattack main body.  Turn 2: Attack + Counterattack, 1800 more FF3 damage.  Turn 3: One final attack, then surely die to damage (no matter how tanky Rudo is, there's a point where it gets silly).  Kinda doubt 2 attacks + 2 counterattacks are enough to kill the main body (with the damage cut, that's like 1.9 PCHP or so (~2.1 PCHP pre-defense), and CoD is listed at around 2 PCHP).  On the other hand, there's taking CoD at a higher level than 51 (I know "casual" guides suggest L60, and I did it around L54-55 myself), although then the argument to deny a Particle Beam on turn 2 gets tougher...  then Rudo needs to survive 3800 FF3 damage (1.53 PCHP to the party average in the topic, maybe a little less at L55) with his 1.34 PCHP and 1.67 PDur, but a decent amount of that damage was magical (Particle Beam + Lightning).  It's very close!  There's also YOLO charge the main body stratz, although Protect is an issue then...  I guess since the main body is locked into a counterattack'd physical on turn 1, that might work anyway, since Rudo can spend his big damage on turn 1 before Protect comes down.  I'll vaguely give it to Rudo but could be convinced otherwise.

HEAVY

Oh boy, interp split for if Image is "null next physical attack" or "perfect evasion against next physical attack."  W8 loses if it's the first and wins if it's the second, I think.
EDIT: Eh, if worker 8's Work penetrates DEfense UP in-game, I guess I"ll tiebreak for it.
Yeah no.

MIDDLE

So the bad news for Bart is that Full Clip ignores evade (according to Pyro's stat topic).  The bad news for Ashley is that Full Clip costs 75 FP.  The very bad news is that attacking and missing *does not generate FP* according to Pyro's stat topic.  So Bart goes to full evade, attacks Ashley once with the Cobra Cracka to apply Poison, waits for Ashley to hit 1 HP from poison damage (which doesn't generate FP), and then finishes, right?  Any flaws with this plan?
Looks like Hydro Pump -> Hydro Cannon should KO from the Gen 4 stat topic.

LIGHT

Thief is bad, but...  Palmer level bad?  HP Plus materia was storebought in Cosmo Canyon, so you should have it by Rocket Town...
I don't think this combo has votership, so going to boldly vote here despite my EB knowledge not being very deep.  The good news for Paula: Geela can't exploit her awful durability.  The bad news: below-average magic damage is not how you threaten an infinite healer with above-average MDef.  I think Paula 3HKOs here if she spams PSI Freeze Omega, so she needs to chain 2 Solidifies in a row OR get 1 Solidify right next to a very rare double.  That's a 1/16 chance, but Paula only has 9 Freeze Omegas, so...  not likely enough IMO, unless you hugely respect mildly above average EB speed.
Aika in Light?!  RIP Light.  I don't see a Confuse blocker on the SH3 list, so free win for Aika...
Gonna assume Locke still 2HKOs with a Wing Edge, so he can avoid the chance of a Static proc that way.  'Chu's damage is average in the Gen6 stat topic, so despite going first, FF6 characters have a pretty flat HP curve, so assuming Locke won't be 2HKO'd.  Pikachu can still win with Paralyze hax but nah.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2022, 08:18:41 AM by SnowFire »

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2022, 06:54:10 AM »
GODLIKE

Belial (WA4) vs. Ryu (BoF3) - Not allowing 4D Pocket as usual, but Belial does at least come pretty close to 2HKOing Ryu with Agony Effect at least, so hey this was at least kind of interesting.
Chaz Ashley (PSIV) vs. Simeon (Octopath) - Well I guess Chaz can hit the starting knife weakness but I doubt he has the damage to capitalize on it nearly as well as he needs to.

HEAVY

Naoto Shirogane (P4) vs. Golbez (FF4:TAY) - Unless I've forgotten something regarding P4 accessories.
Edge (FF4) vs. Worker 8 (FFT) - Think this is probably right.

MIDDLE

Ashley Winchester (WA2) vs. Bartholomew Fatima (XG) - yeah Ashley has the crucial problem of needing to build FP and XG wins in evade comprehensiveness so it's not like I'm about to credit FullClip any here.
Bowser (SMRPG) vs. Kent (FE7) - e: whoops forgot about Crusher, yeah that'll do it.
Kazan (Legaia 2) vs. Koromaru (P3) - Looks like Kazan can take two Agidynes to me from what I'm looking at?  Koro's pretty average at damage so that OPB auto-life equip that I don't think I ever found shouldn't matter unless someone wants to sell me on NO MYSTIC ARTS EVER.  And of course if Koro goes for ID he probably just gets outraced because P3 ID is bad.

LIGHT

Thief (FF5) vs. Palmer (FF7) - well time to get to looking at this trainwreck and... ok I get that this is Palmer we're talking about here but Thief does 10HKO damage to average and that's *without* a notable amount of his attacks missing.  There's not enough HP materia in the world you could grind up at that point to make up for that damage disparity unless you take the most dismal view of Palmer's HP ever.
Paula (EB) vs. Geela (TriStrat) - Paula vs. infinite healing (freeze is bad and 4HKOs Geela's roughly average magic durability)
Pikachu (PKMN) vs. Locke (FF6) - While my general inclination has been to treat Pika as a temp that's honestly a lot of effort and I can't be bothered so yeah 2HKO with Wing Edge I guess.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2022, 03:42:26 PM by Random Consonant »

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2022, 02:17:53 PM »
GODLIKE

Rudo (Brig:LoR) vs. Cloud of Darkness (FF3)- No vote
Chaz Ashley (PSIV) vs. Simeon (Octopath)- I'm uh just not gonna think about this
Shania (SH3) vs. Lamington (Disgaea)- Lamington's real claim to fame is PDef so... surely.

HEAVY

Edge (FF4) vs. Worker 8 (FFT)- I think?
Ness (Earthbound) vs. Lady Harken (WA:ACF)- I think.  She runs absolute circles around him and Ness has no way to burst his damage, so even if he can tank a Maximum Risk once she's in his kill range (he probably can!) he can't engineer being at high enough HP to do so while still attacking.

MIDDLE

Bowser (SMRPG) vs. Kent (FE7)- Ughhhhh yeah I'll watch the topic for math, I could be wrong here, but I think so.
Kazan (Legaia 2) vs. Koromaru (P3)- Sukukaja makes this interesting but uhhhh Charge Heal says Kazan is a division lower than he should be.

LIGHT

Thief (FF5) vs. Palmer (FF7)- Thief did not need a meaningful percentage of his attacks to miss.
Paula (EB) vs. Geela (TriStrat)- No vote.
Natan (SH3) vs. Aika (SoA)- Totally misremembered which skillset Aika had, she can stall this out more or less.
Pikachu (PKMN) vs. Locke (FF6)- I generally look at Gen 3 when applicable and Pikachu likes that a lot.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2022, 02:15:20 PM by Cmdr_King »
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2022, 05:01:46 PM »
Belial (WA4) vs. Ryu (BoF3) - 4D Pocket.

Naoto Shirogane (P4) vs. Golbez (FF4:TAY) - does TAY have death blockers?
Edge (FF4) vs. Worker 8 (FFT) - Sucks for Edge that Image doesn't block ITE.  Sucks more that while he can probably slug to a Double KO, his lifebar will have depleted first by the order of the damage numbers.  Good match.

Ashley Winchester (WA2) vs. Bartholomew Fatima (XG) - oof.  100% evade is nasty, especially when it prevents Fullclip availability.
Bowser (SMRPG) vs. Kent (FE7) - While I'm not sure about how impactful SMRPG defense is, Kent basically gets one attack in on The King before Fear kicks in and does horrible things to his below-average damage output, while Bowser can probably slug away afterwards.  Kneejerking The King, but willing to listen to other arguments.

Thief (FF5) vs. Palmer (FF7) - Thief's best option is Twin Lance.  Which does a bit over a fourth average, perhaps less pending on your interp.  Even docking Palmer a good bit of his HP for Odin/limits, I'm convinced he's going to be able to outslug damage *that* bad.

[EDIT]To elaborate further on this absolute glorious trainwreck of a match: Palmer rates at about...1x PCHP, we'll give him.  Could be up to 1.3x pending on interps, and is around average speed (With maybe a slow first turn), with Mako Gun just missing a 4HKO to average (assuming 2 HP+s to everyone.  That's more than I'd give, personally).  Thief sits at a godlike...118% speed, with 0.87 MDUR and will, under the absolute best interps, 10HKO (It's worse if you factor in the Beastmaster/Time Mage 3-turn average or allow Brave Blade for Knight) average with Twin Lance.  Assuming both attacks from it hit every time, and I've seen it miss often enough that thief's going to need at least two more to close the difference.

so Palmer 4HKOs, and unless you literally see his durability as sub-0.45 PCHP, is likely not going to get 4HKO'd first.  Holy shit FF5 Thief is on some Paula-level suckage.

Pikachu (PKMN) vs. Locke (FF6) - oh god i actually have to vote on this one.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 08:18:16 PM by 074 »
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2022, 05:37:41 PM »
Golbez can't block ID but he does have one of the better status evasions in the cast and shouldn't lose anything here by tweaking it upwards, so Naoto's ID shouldn't be turn 1 by any interp, plus he pretty much wins the moment he lands Pressure so the real question is can Naoto stave that off long enough and absent a paralysis analogue to resist via accessories it depends on what Naoto's luck is actually worth in practice and idk there.

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2022, 07:52:35 PM »
HEAVY
Ness (Earthbound) vs. Lady Harken (WA:ACF) - Ness might have a shot at this if he wasn't hampered by the fact that Harken is just so much faster. He can keep afloat for awhile, but Harken's constant pressure means he runs a real risk of eating a regular attack + Maximum Risk even before he gets to his kill point. And he can't burst damage super effectively either, which means he has to go for a chip and running into the doubles.
Ike (FEs) vs. Lyon (Suiko5) - Bad match up for Ike. Vermillion Sky is MT and has an actual possibility to OHKO his FE10 form. Even without, she certainly 2HKOs and IIRC Lyon has at least 2 Level 4s, so unless he OHKOs, this is hers.

MIDDLE
Ashley Winchester (WA2) vs. Bartholomew Fatima (XG) - No reason to assume Pyro is wrong here, so Snowfire's analysis seems pretty spot on. Pretty embarrassing for Ashley, but them's them breaks
Empoleon (PKMN) vs. Squall (FF8) - Squall is really up a creek here without a paddle as Empy not only halves his damage, but has excellent damage control and can run the odd Aqua Jet here to clamp down on limit fishing even if he does get knocked accidentally into range.
Bowser (SMRPG) vs. Kent (FE7) - Oh, this one is pretty good. I think Kent wins this, but *barely*. So first, Bowser HAS to use Work pants. Otherwise Kent doubles him and that's pretty open and shut if that happens. Next, their actual damage and durability are quite close. Without too much number crunching, both basically 3HKO each other. Kent has slightly better P.Dur, while Bowser is slightly below due to Work Pants. On damage, Kent is slightly above, Bowser slightly below, but not enough to push a 4HKO. Since Kent will always counter, after Terrorize, he basically deals 1x his normal damage on a full round (0.5 for this own turn, 0.5 on the counter on Bowser's). 3.5 Kent swings are certainly enough to kill, so Bowser has to win this on his 3rd attack, including Terrorize. Does he manage this?

I think it's against him. He's already losing initiative (since Kent + Javelin will have 10 Threat range - way more than most normal units), and the slight damage and durability disadvantage here does matter. However, we also haven't considered any sort of evasion Kent (however minor) or the fact that a Killer weapon here could proc and that would certainly wreck the King of Bruhaha. Those other minor things are enough to tip an otherwise close fight for me.

LIGHT
Thief (FF5) vs. Palmer (FF7) - This is match of Doom worthy. I know I nommed Palmer, but I blame Super for Thief. He DID technically nom a Thief - just not the FF5 one.
Natan (SH3) vs. Aika (SoA) - Seeing Panic as akin to Confusion puts this into Natan's to win.
Pikachu (PKMN) vs. Locke (FF6) - Pika durability be bad. So yeah, kneejerk agree with Snowfire.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 08:16:30 PM by Tide »
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2022, 01:15:30 AM »
GODLIKE

Rudo (Brig:LoR) vs. Cloud of Darkness (FF3)- Rudo doesn't get to counter to me since no range supremacy.

HEAVY

Naoto Shirogane (P4) vs. Golbez (FF4:TAY)- No idea what Naoto's actual ID rate is, so...
Edge (FF4) vs. Worker 8 (FFT)- My gut was Edge, but maybe not. If I saw Edge having more than 1 Fuuma, this would be easy. W8 2HKOs w/ Crush + Anything. Edge's issue is that he needs to keep Image up or the physical counter kills him and if Edge uses Image, then I think W8 will have at least 1/8 of his HP left when he gets his second turn and knocks out Edge.
Ness (Earthbound) vs. Lady Harken (WA:ACF)- Shield Beta halves physical damage and reflects the other half back at Harken and Maximum Risk is phyisical base damage, so this one seems pretty clear for me.

MIDDLE

Ashley Winchester (WA2) vs. Bartholomew Fatima (XG)- Not that super crappy XG build up being useful, but granted at least it also relies on Bart's fantastic evade game
Bowser (SMRPG) vs. Kent (FE7)- Strong gut
Kazan (Legaia 2) vs. Koromaru (P3)- I don't allow Charge Heal anymore, so this seems right.

LIGHT

Natan (SH3) vs. Aika (SoA)- Well, per my own note of "Panic- Doubles SP Costs (Given that Running out of SP causes characters to act irrationally, it's not unreasonable for this to cover Confuse)"...sure.
Pikachu (PKMN) vs. Locke (FF6)- Oof yeah, Wing Edge 2HKO
...into the nightfall.

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2022, 01:35:13 AM »
GODLIKE

Chaz Ashley (PSIV) vs. Simeon (Octopath)

HEAVY

Ness (Earthbound) vs. Lady Harken (WA:ACF)

MIDDLE

LIGHT

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2022, 01:45:19 AM »

GODLIKE

HEAVY

MIDDLE

LIGHT

« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 11:47:19 AM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2022, 01:48:57 AM »
GODLIKE

Belial (WA4) vs. Ryu (BoF3) - Some day, I need to decide how I really feel about 4D Pocket.  For now though, I see no reason to disallow it.
Shania (SH3) vs. Lamington (Disgaea) - I'm open to arguments, but I really want to say that Shania can just outlast him here.

HEAVY

Naoto Shirogane (P4) vs. Golbez (FF4:TAY) - If what I'm reading on the stat topic is right, Pressure is turn 3.  Also Miori Shirt?
Edge (FF4) vs. Worker 8 (FFT) - I think I check if the PC lives through backlash damage first before checking if the enemy is dead.
Ness (Earthbound) vs. Lady Harken (WA:ACF) - Pure Damage - especially pure physical damage - is not how you beat Ness.

MIDDLE

Empoleon (PKMN) vs. Squall (FF8) - Does this mean Pokken is better than Dissidia?
Kazan (Legaia 2) vs. Koromaru (P3) - Koromaru has to land 30% ID twice to win, and has Hi-Counter to try to prolong his chances.  Kazan needs four turns (just shy of that 3TKO thanks to Koromaru HP) that Hi-Counter doesn't proc, and has the bonus that he wins if he manages to inflict Stun in the meanwhile.

LIGHT

Thief (FF5) vs. Palmer (FF7) - Huh.  Don't wanna think, I'll leave it to other people.
Pikachu (PKMN) vs. Locke (FF6) - Repeat: don't wanna think.

DragonKnight Zero

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2022, 06:52:41 AM »
Only two I can vote on...

Edge vs Worker 8:  If it weren't for mages inflating the damage average, I could see Edge killing off the bot before its second turn with a flurry of Throw.  As it is, Worker 8 will live to get the two turns needed to KO Edge with Work (which ignores Image).  It might not survive the second attack but since damage to target resolves before backlash damage to itself, this sees Edge go down first.  Double KO.

Thief (FF5) vs Palmer:  Thief's damage is awful and it can't heal off Palmer's middling damage.  Palmer having some evasion is just extra insult in this slapfight.  Way to go Thief, losing to someone Amy (PS2) can beat.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2022, 11:05:40 AM »
Re Aika vs Natan: even if he blocks confuse, not sure how he wins. Aika can just play defensively until he runs out of SP. Natan offense is pretty wretched.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2022, 11:10:48 PM »
If Natan is seen as blocking Confuse, then I dunno.  He has 18 SP and Dhyer's topic says it takes around 5 rounds of combat to build up a Stock from zilch.  Once Natan has a Stock, he should heal-lock (barring doubles / evade), as even his cruddy damage should surely 3HKO Aika.  Granted, Aika is the most evasive character in the Skies cast (yeah, stat topic Enrique has a higher Dodge, but that's due to a late-breaking equip), and if 22 Dodge is literal...  maybe.  But yeah, Aika needs to build up spare SP by Focusing like mad on those first 5 turns and then hope enough "catch your breath" misses come through to let her Focus again so she can spam healing and survive Natan's assault for ~13 turns or so.  It could happen, but I'd probably favor Natan without math.

That said, it's moot to me.  Panic isn't THAT close to Confuse, it just means "lose 2x SP".  There's even a Skies semi-equivalent, Fatigue, which prevents SP (spirit point, not sanity point) build-up and disables Focus.  I'd let a Panic blocker block Fatigue, but it's a bit too distant from Confuse IMO - maybe Confuse resistance at best.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2022, 04:10:06 AM »
GODLIKE

Rudo (Brig:LoR) vs. Cloud of Darkness (FF3): Re Snowfire analysis, I definitely don't buy Clean Military Rule one-shotting the tentacle, you need to see damage average higher than I did and I already used one which is higher than I'd expect for in-game. Protect creates a boss with about 3.5 pdur in my books and that's just far too much, even if Cloud is forced to attack into counters.
Belial (WA4) vs. Ryu (BoF3): Definitely a rare fight where 4D Pocket is relevant.
Chaz Ashley (PSIV) vs. Simeon (Octopath): I tend to think of Simeon as one of the relatively weak Octopath C4 bosses but he's still got what it takes here, silence will shut Chaz down.
Shania (SH3) vs. Lamington (Disgaea): Sans' little bell costs Lamington the 2HKO and he's just not scary at all then.

HEAVY

Edge (FF4) vs. Worker 8 (FFT): Work's not physical so I don't see Image doing anything, and I really don't think Fumas have the oomph needed to win the slugfest.
Ike (FEs) vs. Lyon (Suiko5): Suspect Ike doesn't double.

MIDDLE

Ashley Winchester (WA2) vs. Bartholomew Fatima (XG): Snowfire analysis works for me.
Empoleon (PKMN) vs. Squall (FF8): Steel typing gives Empoleon time to work its damage control here.
Bowser (SMRPG) vs. Kent (FE7): Kent's slightly below average mdur dies to Terrorize + two Crushers. He gets three turns before then, but only the first is full damage, which shouldn't be enough to kill Bowser who has above average pdur. If Kent doubles he wins but he's really not that fast.

LIGHT

Thief (FF5) vs. Palmer (FF7): FF5 thief kinda sucks even before considering Palmer evade.
Pikachu (PKMN) vs. Locke (FF6): Sure. Locke is borderline 2HKOed by average magic damage for what it's worth, but he's also almost surely faster with Wing Edge, that's as fast as an FF6 character can get.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2022, 10:24:43 PM »
GODLIKE

Belial (WA4) vs. Ryu (BoF3) - I continue to hate 4D Pocket in a dueling setting, and she does not win this without it.
Chaz Ashley (PSIV) vs. Simeon (Octopath) - Octopus Torturer Ch4 bosses are really rude.
Shania (SH3) vs. Lamington (Disgaea) - I like Lamignton but no way does he win this.

HEAVY

Naoto Shirogane (P4) vs. Golbez (FF4:TAY) - Uhhh...I...guess? Coinflip-ish, I'll give it to Naoto.
Edge (FF4) vs. Worker 8 (FFT) - Edge is allergic to hard work.
Ness (Earthbound) vs. Lady Harken (WA:ACF) - I have some vague memory of this being an actual tournament match that got argued/mathed out back in The Day.
Ike (FEs) vs. Lyon (Suiko5) - He definately doesn't double, and loses before an Aether proc surely.

MIDDLE

Kazan (Legaia 2) vs. Koromaru (P3) - Entire division feels straightforward.

LIGHT

Thief (FF5) vs. Palmer (FF7) - I forgot Palmer has evade. Ugh.
Natan (SH3) vs. Aika (SoA) - Panic = Confuse? Sure.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2022, 12:11:23 AM »
Round 1 Results:

GODLIKE:

Rudo (Brig:LoR) || (TIEBREAKER) vs. Cloud of Darkness (FF3) ||
Belial (WA4) ||||| vs. Ryu (BoF3) ||||
Chaz Ashley (PSIV) vs. Simeon (Octopath) ||||
Shania (SH3) ||||||| vs. Lamington (Disgaea)

HEAVY

Naoto Shirogane (P4) || vs. Golbez (FF4:TAY) ||||
Edge (FF4) ||| vs. Worker 8 (FFT) |||||||
Ness (Earthbound) ||| vs. Lady Harken (WA:ACF) ||| (TIEBREAKER)
Ike (FEs) vs. Lyon (Suiko5) |||||||||

MIDDLE

Ashley Winchester (WA2) vs. Bartholomew Fatima (XG) ||||||||
Empoleon (PKMN) |||||||| vs. Squall (FF8)
Bowser (SMRPG) |||||||| vs. Kent (FE7) |
Kazan (Legaia 2) |||| vs. Koromaru (P3) |

LIGHT

Thief (FF5) || vs. Palmer (FF7) ||||||||
Paula (EB) vs. Geela (TriStrat) ||||
Natan (SH3) ||| vs. Aika (SoA) ||||
Pikachu (PKMN) | vs. Locke (FF6) |||||||||

Winners advance to 1-0 Winners' Quarterfinals in Week 3, Losers drop to 0-1 Losers' Quarterfinals in Week 4