Register

Poll

Which product will sell the most?

The Bowser Butt-Stop
Exposition In A Can
Bromide Maker 2K8

Author Topic: 6th Annual Holiday BOMB - The DL Shopping Network  (Read 979 times)

DomaDragoon

• Lazy
  • Denizen
  • Boink.
    • View Profile
6th Annual Holiday BOMB - The DL Shopping Network
« on: December 24, 2008, 02:53:47 AM »
Well, it's 7 o'clock, and time to shop! I'm your host, Ron Popoi, and I'm pleased to welcome three locals to the show. Each has a product for your last minute gift ideas, all for the low, low price of 100 GP each. So put down your Chrono Crocks and pick up your credit cards! Up first is Bowser Koopa!

Gya ha ha! Take a look!
It's a... statue. Of you. Wow.
Think again, sprite boy! You're looking at the revolutionary Bowser Butt-Stop. The greatest ashtray ever devised!
Hang on, how can you condone smoking?
I don't. That's the brilliant part. When you try and light up, like so...
AAGH IT BURNS!
...it sets you on fire.
GAAH!
Not bad for a Koopa.

While I get treated in the burn ward, let's hear from our second guest, Dr. Citan Uzuki.

Hello, friends. Are you tired of not having enough to say? Do words just not flow for you? Do you have long half-hour cutscenes that need more dialogue? Then Dr. Uzuki's Exposition in a Can is just what you need. Just one swig of my all-natural fruit juice and plotohol mixture and you'll turn even the quietest main character to a walking, talking plot drop. Available in cherry and grape!

What, no orange? What a rip-off. Our final item for sale today comes straight from the fine folks at Ramuscorp, and also that Ramus guy.
Very funny.
So what do you have for us?
My software department has finally finished quashing the bugs on...
Not again! You know what happened the last time that you tried releasing it.
Trust me, the Brahne protocols have been deleted and the responsible parties have been severly punished.
Are you sure?
Um... yes. Very sure. Definitely very sure. Bromide Maker 2K8 is out of beta, and we're releasing on time for the holiday season. And trust me, there will be no Brahne. Not at all. Shifty eyes.
What?
Nothing.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
Re: 6th Annual Holiday BOMB - The DL Shopping Network
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 04:10:31 AM »
Well, there are an awful lot of silent protagonists who could benefit from plotohol. (or at least think they could)

And I certainly appreciate attempts at plot (for better or worse) more than fanservice or lame attempts to remove smoking from games.

Although, some silent mains have done well for themselves (Suikoden V and Soul Nomad come to mind, for all that they have a fairly decent numbers of non-voiced lines).

-Djinn

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 04:42:50 AM »
I'm all for Exposition In A Can. Let's get a can for next DLC and see if it's physically possible to make Meeple talk *more*.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 02:30:41 PM »
Bowser Butt Stop, to handle those pesky smokers! Nice job Doma. (Write for the DL more often, you were damn good at it)
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

• Suggests the birth of an abomination
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2008, 02:43:54 PM »
Definitely Bromide Maker 2k8.  While I support every effort of Citan Uzuki (and as everyone should), I have to say that the fanservice may assist myself and others come time for Xorn Da--err, I mean Valentine's Day.  Yeah.  It's definitely not called Xorn Day at all, even though it should b--*shot*
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.
 <@Elecman> Seems reasonable.