imageRegister

Author Topic: Disquiet (Working Title) - Current Project Agenda  (Read 3518 times)

Lady Door

• Coming up with words is, like...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ... really hard.
    • View Profile
Disquiet (Working Title) - Current Project Agenda
« on: June 04, 2012, 03:42:17 AM »
Week of July 13 Objectives
See below.

Next meeting: July 13, 7:30pm PDT / 10:30pm EDT / 03:30 GMT

NEB: Implement all current stats (including the Focus system and working Focus for PCs)
Nama: Conceptual level spread for rough ability sets, Concepts for episode 1 antagonists
Trance: Examining the state of Status Effects in the game currently (and explore additional options)
Tide: Explore possible Accessory effects
Andrew/Sopko: Produce vignettes for the 9 playable PCs
Ashley: Get the goddamned website up

Week of July 6 Objectives
1. Define Episode I characters and basic concepts
2. Discuss equipment/items
3. Finalize basic damage formulas

Next meeting: July 6, 7:30pm PDT / 10:30pm EDT / 03:30 GMT

We have most of the characters and their number-agnostic balances complete. We still need to create PC #9 and finalize the skillset concepts for all characters making a PC appearance in Epsiode I.

Availability, scaling, variety, importance of variety, general expectations for what characters will be able to equip. Anything and everything items - this is a big one, so I don't doubt this will just be the start!

3. Finalize Basic Damage Formulas
(this post: http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php/topic,6022.msg143258.html#msg143258 - please also read subsequent discussion)

We have some basic damage formulas up, but we need to finalize them to move on. Please review the thread linked above and be ready to discuss Friday night.

--

Working on getting the site live -- sorry about the delay.

Week of June 23 Objectives
1. Acquire software
2. Confirm character concepts
3. Formally assign roles
4. Site "live" by 6/24

Next meeting: June 23, 7:30pm PDT / 10:30pm EDT / 03:30 GMT

1. Acquire Software

At the meeting, we decided to stick with RPGMaker VX. The people who don't have it, at least those who absolutely need it, will get a copy of the software this week.

If you need the software but are having a hard time financially, please send me a PM and I will see what we can do.

2. Confirm Character Concepts
(thread: http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php/topic,6031.0.html)

We may or may not "solidify" this yet, but please do your best to get us to a place where we know enough about our characters to start agreeing on system concepts. Post your thoughts to the thread linked above; if you have a chat conversation, please copy/paste the relevant pieces to the that thread as well.

3. Formally Assign Roles

I have a preliminary list of who is involved in the project and what they'll be doing based on the people who joined in the initial project thread and have chatted in #RPGDLGame.

Please PM me with what you're doing for the game, or will be doing, by Friday, June 22. I very strongly believe that we will be more effective if we are conscious of our roles in the project. Andrew and I both agree that we want input from everywhere wherever possible, but there will be times when we will just need to assign a project to a person and let them handle it.

A simple "job title" will suffice, or you can send me a snippet of your role (eg., I'll be coding the battles; I'm drawing the characters; I'm writing dialog).

4. Site Launch

I have a domain and have been putting some basic pages in place. I'm trying to run the whole thing off of WordPress. I'm hoping to have the website configured and viewable/usable by Sunday this week. I will try to have a basic version live by this Saturday's meeting so we can talk about what needs to change, what you'd like to see there, etc.

June Objectives - Meeting 1

1. Complete system framework decisions
2. Complete plot skeleton
3. Schedule June dev meetings
4. Name the studio/set up the off-site compendium

1. Complete system framework decisions
(re: Currently Assumed System Information)

We need to identify any major mechanics not yet determined (post #1). This also requires identifying system limitations, such as maximum file size or maximum number of script arguments allowed in a single file.

2. Complete plot skeleton

Identify major plot elements for entire game. This means, simply, "Noemi leaves the University to find Mirek," "The party sails for the Throne of the First," not full details. Just need to know the points we're trying to hit.

Additionally, would like to flesh out what will become Episode One, assuming VX/A allows us to build the game the way we're trying to build it.

3. Schedule June dev meetings

For consistency, it would help to have a set meeting time for all of us to get together. It's very unlikely that we can get everyone together at the same time every week in June, but we probably already know our major obligations. I'd like for the whole team -- or as much of the whole team as is possible -- to get together at least once a week, with ad hoc side meetings as we go along.

The further we get in the project, the more likely we're also going to splinter into regular "department" meetings (ie, the scripters talk together, the writers talk together, etc.) with input from everyone. More on that later.

Please PM me (Lady Door)  by Tuesday, June 5 with any big known conflicts you have in June. If you have regular commitments -- like being in class from 1-2 on Tuesday, or working M-F 9-5 -- please also let me know.

4. Name the studio/set up the off-site compendium

To give this project the legitimacy it deserves, I will be buying a domain name for the project under a "studio name." In addition to consolidating all the knowns and keeping everyone up to date, this will serve as the "public" face of the project, such as it is. Please visit the Studio Name Topic to vote in the poll. I will buy a domain no later than Thursday, June 7, so vote soon!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 05:01:32 PM by Lady Door »
<Demedais> Humans look like cars to me.
<AndrewRogue> That must be confusing in parking lots

Lady Door

• DL
  • Denizen
  • ... really hard.
    • View Profile
Re: Disquiet (Working Title) - Current Project Agenda
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 07:12:43 PM »
I only got replies about meeting times from two people, so... shot in the dark meeting times go!

We're going to skip this weekend's regularly scheduled fun due to DLC. No doubt we will be meeting ad hoc and chatting on the forums to keep things going.

The first dev meeting for Rogue Query Media is scheduled for 7:30 PM PDT / 10:30 PM EDT / 3:30 AM GMT on Friday, June 15.

Ironically, I might not be available that day. But Andrew will be.

I'll get the appropriate meeting place set up (expect Skype or GChat/Hangouts or something similar - voice + vid) and post information about it sometime tonight.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 01:30:10 AM »
Friday evenings are normally great! Good choice, Ash.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 09:08:46 PM »
Major Agenda for the meeting:

1. Finalize and confirm viability of system information.
2. Finalize a choice of program to work with.
3. Plot discussions, size of project, etc

Lady Door

• DL
  • Denizen
  • ... really hard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 03:44:47 PM »
Reminder: Meeting Tonight at 7:30 PM PDT / 10:30 PM EDT / 3:30 AM GMT

We'll be using Skype for this first session, so please PM your Skype username to Andrew so he can set up the room.

I won't be able to make this meeting, so PLEASE make sure you PM Andrew, not me.

Lady Door

• DL
  • Denizen
  • ... really hard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 07:03:15 PM »
Week of June 23 Objectives
  • Acquire software
  • Confirm character concepts
  • Formally assign roles
  • Site "live" by 6/24

Next meeting: June 23, 7:30pm PDT / 10:30pm EDT / 03:30 GMT

1. Acquire Software

At the meeting, we decided to stick with RPGMaker VX. The people who don't have it, at least those who absolutely need it, will get a copy of the software this week.

If you need the software but are having a hard time financially, please send me a PM and I will see what we can do.

2. Confirm Character Concepts
(thread: http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php/topic,6031.0.html)

We may or may not "solidify" this yet, but please do your best to get us to a place where we know enough about our characters to start agreeing on system concepts. Post your thoughts to the thread linked above; if you have a chat conversation, please copy/paste the relevant pieces to the that thread as well.

3. Formally Assign Roles

I have a preliminary list of who is involved in the project and what they'll be doing based on the people who joined in the initial project thread and have chatted in #RPGDLGame.

Please PM me with what you're doing for the game, or will be doing, by Friday, June 22. I very strongly believe that we will be more effective if we are conscious of our roles in the project. Andrew and I both agree that we want input from everywhere wherever possible, but there will be times when we will just need to assign a project to a person and let them handle it.

A simple "job title" will suffice, or you can send me a snippet of your role (eg., I'll be coding the battles; I'm drawing the characters; I'm writing dialog).

4. Site Launch

I have a domain and have been putting some basic pages in place. I'm trying to run the whole thing off of WordPress. I'm hoping to have the website configured and viewable/usable by Sunday this week. I will try to have a basic version live by this Saturday's meeting so we can talk about what needs to change, what you'd like to see there, etc.

(FYI: I will continue to edit the main post to keep the info at the top.)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 08:33:45 PM by Lady Door »

Lady Door

• DL
  • Denizen
  • ... really hard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 10:05:00 PM »
UPDATE:

I totally forgot that Andrew and I have non-refundable plans this Friday at 8pm. There's no way we can have the meeting at 7:30pm that day. I've tentatively scheduled it for Saturday instead.

Please let me know if you can't make it, and also when you're available between Saturday and Sunday. If enough people have a problem, we may have to reschedule again.

Sorry!

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 11:11:43 PM »
Agenda for the week of 6/24/12

1. Complete rough character concepting (including basic skillsets) of cast (primarily episode 1 cast, but all would be good).
2. Finalize further system details (stats to be used/thrown away).
3. Determine agenda for completing the base system by August 31st.

Lady Door

• DL
  • Denizen
  • ... really hard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2012, 05:19:24 PM »
Week of July 6 Objectives
  • Define Episode I characters and basic concepts
  • Discuss equipment/items
  • Finalize basic damage formulas

Next meeting: July 6, 7:30pm PDT / 10:30pm EDT / 03:30 GMT

We have most of the characters and their number-agnostic balances complete. We still need to create PC #9 and finalize the skillset concepts for all characters making a PC appearance in Epsiode I.

Availability, scaling, variety, importance of variety, general expectations for what characters will be able to equip. Anything and everything items - this is a big one, so I don't doubt this will just be the start!

3. Finalize Basic Damage Formulas
(this post: http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php/topic,6022.msg143258.html#msg143258 - please also read subsequent discussion)

We have some basic damage formulas up, but we need to finalize them to move on. Please review the thread linked above and be ready to discuss Friday night.

--

Working on getting the site live -- sorry about the delay.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2012, 06:48:07 AM »
Ash will update this to be better, but...

NEB: Implement all current stats (including the Focus system and working Focus for PCs)
Nama: Conceptual level spread for rough ability sets, Concepts for episode 1 antagonists
Trance: Examining the state of Status Effects in the game currently (and explore additional options)
Tide: Explore possible Accessory effects
Andrew/Sopko: Produce vignettes for the 9 playable PCs

Lady Door

• DL
  • Denizen
  • ... really hard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2012, 05:02:02 PM »
Just a quick reminder for everyone:

Next meeting: July 13, 7:30pm PDT / 10:30pm EDT / 03:30 GMT

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2012, 04:38:20 PM »
Agenda is going to be light this week, as the writers need to get caught up with how the project has been moving forward. Consider this a catch-up/review week

I would like people to spend some time looking back over characters, encounters, etc. I have posed some new questions in the Character Concepting topic so please check them out.

If possible, I'd also like at least some brief commentary on plot/flow stuff if anyone has strong opinions regarding. This includes character design (art) as well.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2012, 03:10:02 PM »
Sorry for not keeping this updated, as I've been using chat more often to discuss things. Here is what folks should currently be working on:

1. Create benchmark equipment (armor/weapons)
2. Completing background material
3. Run a more detailed overall plot/ep 1 arc
4. Work on world building
5. Work on aesthetics (tie to above)

In addition, the current priorities for the system are as follows:

1. Implement Focus gain for all characters
2. Implement passive, Focus related skills for PCs possessing them
3. Begin implementing framework for skills deemed unusual/difficult to implement

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2012, 03:12:15 PM »
Agenda remains mostly the same this week! Please note, meeting will need to start late this week (8:30pm PST). If this is an issue, lemme know ASAP.

1. Focus on developing rough numbers for skills (especially Ep.1 skills)
2. Develop non-benchmark equipment/accessories
3. Completing background material
4. Run a more detailed overall plot/ep 1 arc
5. Work on world building
6. Work on aesthetics (tie to above)

In addition, the current priorities for the system are as follows:

1. Implement Focus gain for all characters
2. Implement passive, Focus related skills for PCs possessing them
3. Begin implementing framework for skills deemed unusual/difficult to implement