Register

Author Topic: Season 49, Week 3  (Read 5754 times)

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
Season 49, Week 3
« on: February 07, 2009, 06:13:37 AM »
Godlike:
Ghaleon (Lunars) vs Odd Eye (SF2)
Rhapthorne (DQ8) vs False Althena (Lunar:EBC)
Ryu (BoF4) vs Cecilia Lyne Adelhyde (WA1)
Lavos (CT) vs Heat (DDS)

Heavy:
Jack van Burace (WA1) vs Lin (BoF5)
Cristo (DQ4) vs Id (XG)
Saturos (GS) vs Zeno (BoF5)
Nel Zelpher (SO3) vs Angela (SD3)

Middle:
Ahihiko Sanada (P3) vs Marle [Nadia Guardia] (CT)
Titania (FE9) vs Paine (FFX-2)
Ena (FE9) vs Kornell (G3)
Eiko Carol (FF9) vs Magdalen Harts (ACF)

Light:
Noel Chandler (SO2) vs Rozalin (Dis2)
Hanako (Dis2) vs Anna Ziriski (PS2)
Cleo (S1) vs Yukari Takeba (Pers3)
Kid (CC) vs Peco (BoF3)

Bonus/Extra: What two games you're suggesting for ranking
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 06:25:29 AM by superaielman »
...into the nightfall.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Season 49, Week 3
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 06:20:26 AM »
Godlike:
Rhapthorne (DQ8) vs False Althena (Lunar:EBC)- Rhap's speed disadvantage sinks him.
Ryu (BoF4) vs Cecilia Lyne Adelhyde (WA1)- Ryu has to win this with Kaiser (Stardrop doens't have the offense to pressure at all, the turn reversion means he can't abuse the stat downs like he could against Cecilia). He can't really do this in time thanks to MP Concerns.
Lavos (CT) vs Heat (DDS)- Way too fast for Heat. Constant pressure makes up for Lavos's suspect HP.

Heavy:
Jack van Burace (WA1) vs Lin (BoF5)- I think.
Cristo (DQ4) vs Id (XG)- Cristo knocks a third off physicals or so before Upper, making Id's double DB solid but not scary. One use of Upper makes Cristo immune to physicals, so Id has to win with ether attacks. I have plenty of respect for the physicals, but his ether damage is complete crap unless you're using the likes of Rico.
Saturos (GS) vs Zeno (BoF5)- Saturos needs ITE to win this.

Middle:

Can't vote again!

Light:
Noel Chandler (SO2) vs Rozalin (Dis2)- Buffs plus Noel's offense sucks. His healing is nonfull as well.
Hanako (Dis2) vs Anna Ziriski (PS2)- Hanako is awful.
Kid (CC) vs Peco (BoF3)- Way, way faster.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 06:21:51 AM »
Godlike:
Ghaleon (Lunars) vs Odd Eye (SF2)- Odd Eye might have an argument with double Odd Eye beam? Or did he run out of MP?
Ryu (BoF4) vs Cecilia Lyne Adelhyde (WA1)- Unsure here. Ryu has 6 turns in his status immune dragon, and less if Cecilia buffs her speed and he wants to Sanctuary. He needs to double before then. He probably takes it, but I need to math it out. Granted, if I'd see Sanctuary as magic, then after she buffs speed, he can't really win. Oh right, I also guess that if WA MP draining limits WA enemy MP attacking capabilities and Ryu is only immune to the gravity versions, Cecilia also has another plus that way.
Lavos (CT) vs Heat (DDS)- Unsure. Lavos hates losing his first turn, but has pretty strong Lightning magic.

Heavy:
Jack van Burace (WA1) vs Lin (BoF5)- Jack. Faster, and Lin can't block ID and Paralysis.
Cristo (DQ4) vs Id (XG)- Double Deathblow and then double ether after Cristo buffs.
Saturos (GS) vs Zeno (BoF5)
Nel Zelpher (SO3) vs Angela (SD3)- Faster+Freeze cahin.

Middle:
Ahihiko Sanada (P3) vs Marle [Nadia Guardia] (CT)- Status
Titania (FE9) vs Paine (FFX-2)- No free shortrange counters gives Paine a pretty easy win here.
Ena (FE9) vs Kornell (G3)- Lots of AoE bombardment works here (As does WoW to get around some of her defense at least).
Eiko Carol (FF9) vs Magdalen Harts (ACF)- 2HKOs, faster, Eiko doesn't have scary turn 1 status.

Light:
Noel Chandler (SO2) vs Rozalin (Dis2)- Noel has so many shots of 50% healing. Rozalin game-worst damage can't kill deal with that.
Hanako (Dis2) vs Anna Ziriski (PS2)
Cleo (S1) vs Yukari Takeba (Pers3)
Kid (CC) vs Peco (BoF3) - Can even absorb Fire to make Kid sadder!
...into the nightfall.

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 06:27:15 AM »
Cristo (DQ4) vs Id (XG)- Cristo knocks a third off physicals or so before Upper, making Id's double DB solid but not scary. One use of Upper makes Cristo immune to physicals, so Id has to win with ether attacks. I have plenty of respect for the physicals, but his ether damage is complete crap unless you're using the likes of Rico.

Noel Chandler (SO2) vs Rozalin (Dis2)- Buffs plus Noel's offense sucks. His healing is nonfull as well.

Both Gourry and I got pretty similar numbers on the Ether damage. His was 5 less, but was the 3 highest Edef PCs (I included Bart, because he definetely has theoretical use). Given the sparceness of general XG level ups, can't imagine there would be a large difference. Also of note, if you hit Id with Bart's EAtk down, that could also explain lower damage.

Rozalin's buffing deserves like no hype? 10% stat buffs that start wearing off near immediately? Not helpful. 50% healing is good enough when your opponent only has limited 30% damage too. It means that he'll never really have to worry about being heal locked.
...into the nightfall.

Monkeyfinger

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 06:32:30 AM »
Godlike:
Ryu (BoF4) vs Cecilia Lyne Adelhyde (WA1): Yeah, spamming sanctuary till a double turn then breathing on Cecilia twice works here.
Lavos (CT) vs Heat (DDS): As soon as the center bit has a shot at the main body he's landing crying heavens, press turning, and killing with the second one. If I take Lavos as the center bit this happens on turn 1. If I take him as exactly as he is in game the center bit skips his first turn, but Heat has to put up the tentacles immediately... center bit goes 2300 AD, side bits soften up the tentacles, and before long the center bit doubleturns, kills the tentacles with dreamless, and does the crying heavens thing.

Heavy:
Jack van Burace (WA1) vs Lin (BoF5)
Cristo (DQ4) vs Id (XG): Double ether... meh. It would have to do like 30-45% PCHP? I think it's too weak.
Nel Zelpher (SO3) vs Angela (SD3)

Middle:
Titania (FE9) vs Paine (FFX-2)
Ena (FE9) vs Kornell (G3): All G3 techs are technically infinite range, so no counter hype. Ena's tougher and goes first, but... doubles and I believe inferior damage offset that.

Light:
Noel Chandler (SO2) vs Rozalin (Dis2): Noel's healing is ass slow as far as I'm concerned. Rozalin's 3-2ing in no time. and punching right through Noel by unloading all her SP at once.
Kid (CC) vs Peco (BoF3)

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 06:36:05 AM »
Cristo (DQ4) vs Id (XG): Double ether... meh. It would have to do like 30-45% PCHP? I think it's too weak.

Both set of Id numbers have the ether attack doing around 20%.
...into the nightfall.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2009, 07:03:23 AM »
Godlike:

Ghaleon (Lunars) vs Odd Eye (SF2) - He nearly one-turns Odd-Eye. Odd Eye... doesn't 4HKO. That's that.
Rhapthorne (DQ8) vs False Althena (Lunar:EBC) - 2HKOs first.
Ryu (BoF4) vs Cecilia Lyne Adelhyde (WA1) - uh.
Lavos (CT) vs Heat (DDS) - Weird. I think that I allow Lavos to call upon his Bits, which makes this a weird-ass match. The left bit is useless, but the center bit can dole out a lot of offense together with the core, so.

Heavy:

Cristo (DQ4) vs Id (XG) - I probably take Id against higher levels than the stat topic anyway. ID MAJEEKS hype doesn't ring true to me.
Nel Zelpher (SO3) vs Angela (SD3) - Snowyman.

Middle:

Ahihiko Sanada (P3) vs Marle [Nadia Guardia] (CT) - AHAHAHAHAHAHA P3 PC AGAINST WEAKNESS
Eiko Carol (FF9) vs Magdalen Harts (ACF) - 2HKOs, doesn't get statused turn one, goes first. Game.

Light:

Cleo (S1) vs Yukari Takeba (Pers3) - Cleo heal-locks with a physical and is far faster. Game.
Kid (CC) vs Peco (BoF3) - Eh.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 09:22:31 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2009, 08:36:35 AM »
Rhapthorne (DQ8) vs False Althena (Lunar:EBC) - I dunno.  More kneejerk respect for Rhapthorne, as I still don't recall FA being all that tough.  Probably helps a bit that I don't let FA spam her big damage laser, meaning I suspect she only 3HKOs here.

Cristo (DQ4) vs Id (XG) - Also getting on board the "Id was not THAT scary" anti-hype train.

Nel Zelpher (SO3) vs Angela (SD3) - SO3 initiative is a dark art but Nel "feels" fast.

Ena (FE9) vs Kornell (G3) - Ena can't move, Kornell has non-fail magic.  I suspect Kornell still wins this even if you let the boss form move, and he certainly crushes PC Ena.

Taishyr

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2009, 10:35:56 AM »
Godlike:
Ghaleon (Lunars) vs Odd Eye (SF2) - Need to math this out again, gut says Ghaleon.
Ryu (BoF4) vs Cecilia Lyne Adelhyde (WA1) - Likes the 3.0x average a whole lot. Doesn't change this battle too much, but.
Lavos (CT) vs Heat (DDS) - Wins pretty much no matter how I look at this.

Heavy:
Jack van Burace (WA1) vs Lin (BoF5) - Can't block both statuses, IIRC?
Saturos (GS) vs Zeno (BoF5) - Whackwhackwhack.
Nel Zelpher (SO3) vs Angela (SD3) - Unsure.

Middle:
Ahihiko Sanada (P3) vs Marle [Nadia Guardia] (CT) - I mathed this out. Apparently Akihiko manages a 2HKO physically against Marle PDef! So in order to win he just needs to have the knockdown aspect of the battle system thrown out (if you're not taking the durabilities at vase value, Marle stomps anyway). This being said, for now I'm still factoring in knockdowns and she can just Haste after she does that. So yeah.

Light:
Cleo (S1) vs Yukari Takeba (Pers3) - uuuuuuuuhhhhhhh
Kid (CC) vs Peco (BoF3) - Sure.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2009, 11:01:42 AM »
Does Magdalen have magic damage/physicals that are based off magic again? If not thinking Eiko can utilise Vanish here for this match.
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2009, 03:12:34 PM »
Vanish doesn't last long, does it?
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2009, 03:28:56 PM »
Godlike:
Ghaleon (Lunars) vs Odd Eye (SF2): Two-rounds and survives until then.
Rhapthorne (DQ8) vs False Althena (Lunar:EBC): Goes first and OHKOs. (Doesn't have to.)
Ryu (BoF4) vs Cecilia Lyne Adelhyde (WA1): Ooooh. This requires thought/analysis.
Lavos (CT) vs Heat (DDS): Probably Heat? I'll turn this one over in my mind, though. Grah Lavos.

Heavy:
Jack van Burace (WA1) vs Lin (BoF5): There are a few times I wish that full status immunity hype for BoF5 had panned out.
Cristo (DQ4) vs Id (XG): I'm not even convinced Id 3-2's, here, though it's Id speed so who knows. Regardless, yeah, if it's close to someone like Super then I certainly see Cristo surviving.
Nel Zelpher (SO3) vs Angela (SD3): Don't allow statusblockers to be stacked, so Freeze/Stone.

Middle:
Titania (FE9) vs Paine (FFX-2): uh
Ena (FE9) vs Kornell (G3): Goes first, and they're similar enough otherwise.
Eiko Carol (FF9) vs Magdalen Harts (ACF): OHKOs, I think? Though again, probably doesn't have to.

Light:
Kid (CC) vs Peco (BoF3): Absorbs fire? Well then.

Light sucks. Gooo Cleo.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

cloudstrifesheart

• Denizen
  • so tragic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2009, 07:20:54 PM »
Um, seriously.....how does Id lose against Cristo. We are talking about a near endgame boss who doubles, is immune to status and has pretty decent hp and really good speed. 2-4 rounds and Cristo is dead. 2-3 in reality because of the doubles. His ether damage ain't the greatest, but its enough to finish the job after the first physical cause he will get the first turn. Cristo can't even take him out in 3-4 turns. Even if you don't think Id is that scary, he is scary enough to destroy one PC. Sometimes the way these matches turn out is downright retarded
I think......I think I want to be forgiven. Mhhm. More than anything.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2009, 07:49:24 PM »
Because if Id can't kill Cristo before the second turn he gets destroyed. He is not winning a fight with his ether damage alone and Cristo has well over a dozen shots of full healing to outlast Id with at that point. Sure, he doesn't kill in three-four turns, but he will well before he runs out of MP.
-------------------

cloudstrifesheart

• Denizen
  • so tragic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2009, 10:07:04 PM »
He is going to run out of full healing eventually if he has to use it every other turn. His ether damage is not as good as his physical but its strong enough to 2kO him with the double turns. Ive seen him kill Billy in one turn with his physical and nearly kill Rico in one turn with his ether damage
I think......I think I want to be forgiven. Mhhm. More than anything.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2009, 10:26:54 PM »
Does Magdalen have magic damage/physicals that are based off magic again? If not thinking Eiko can utilise Vanish here for this match.

Vanish is a Quina spell.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2009, 11:50:41 PM »
Ahihiko Sanada (P3) vs Marle [Nadia Guardia] (CT): Unless I can justify elemental resisting accessories to cover weaknesses.

Also, thinking rank WA5?

What's playership on the FE6 language patch like, anywhere near SD3?
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.

Chisa

• 1.4 Y on the creepy meter
  • Denizen
  • When reality becomes irrelevant, mankind ends.
    • View Profile
Lavos vs. Heat
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2009, 12:29:32 AM »
I saw some people hyping Crying Heavens as hitting Heat's weakness.  But IIRC, CH is not lightning element.  It's one of the very rare non elemental magic attacks in CT, like Tailspin or Poyozo Dance.  Yay, more Lavos headaches.
FAIR WARNING: Inside my head, every day is May 7th, 986.

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2009, 08:20:05 AM »
Hm? I don't remember well from from the SFC version, but Crying Heaven is indeed sky element in the DS.

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2009, 08:23:14 AM »
It's definitely non-elemental in SNES. Same with the fire-looking Shadow Doom Blaze and the Darkness-looking Dreamless. Lavos doesn't go for elements (except FLAME BATTLE).

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2009, 09:11:08 AM »
Oh??
I know Dreamless is none elemental, and that Destruction Rain From the Heavens is actually physicals.
But I distinctly remember Shadow Doom Blaze's damage can be reduced by fire blockers. Guess that has to be Mdef making differences then...

*Goes to look up.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 09:14:07 AM by Niu »

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2009, 01:18:45 PM »
Godlike:
Ghaleon (Lunars) vs Odd Eye (SF2) - Ghaleon.  Yay Ghaleon back!
Rhapthorne (DQ8) vs False Althena (Lunar:EBC) - Rhapthorne.  More durable, just as damaging.  Speed really isn't making a difference here - Rhap is slower, but not slow, and no EXAs in TB systems help.  BALLS OF DOOM works well enough.
Ryu (BoF4) vs Cecilia Lyne Adelhyde (WA1) - Cecilia.
Lavos (CT) vs Heat (DDS) - Heat.  SNES Lavos is non-elemental, pretty much.  Crying Heavens should be noted as void-aligned in the stat topic.  With that in mind...yeah.

Heavy:
Jack van Burace (WA1) vs Lin (BoF5) - Lin.  Full status immunity is nice.  Though...Jack's healing...might be enough?  Depends on the ID stuff.
Cristo (DQ4) vs Id (XG) - Cristo.  Defense boosts with healing.  Id is not something I remember as good - helps I guess that I see XG levels very high. 
Saturos (GS) vs Zeno (BoF5) - Saturos.  Healing keeps him afloat, especially when Zeno has to move.
Nel Zelpher (SO3) vs Angela (SD3) - Angela.  Status or no, Deathspell overkills.

Middle:
Ahihiko Sanada (P3) vs Marle [Nadia Guardia] (CT) - MARLE IS TECHNICALLY WATER MAGIC, NOT ICE.  >_>
Titania (FE9) vs Paine (FFX-2) - Paine.  Full Throttle is awesome.
Ena (FE9) vs Kornell (G3) - KORNELL BUSTAH!!!!!
Eiko Carol (FF9) vs Magdalen Harts (ACF) - Eiko.  Yay healing.

Light:
Noel Chandler (SO2) vs Rozalin (Dis2) - Noel.  Healing is fun...helps I allow a Million staff as well.
Hanako (Dis2) vs Anna Ziriski (PS2) - Hanako.  Anna is ugly, hence a monster.  Hanako therefore tanks her PATHETIC damage.  Not even Fanbi will save her.
Cleo (S1) vs Yukari Takeba (Pers3) - Yukari.  Healing fun.
Kid (CC) vs Peco (BoF3) - Peco. 
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2009, 05:19:55 PM »
Godlike:

Ghaleon (Lunars) vs Odd Eye (SF2) - I have no idea~
Lavos (CT) vs Heat (DDS) - I got to CTDS, so Heat kinda dies

Middle:

Ahihiko Sanada (P3) vs Marle [Nadia Guardia] (CT)

Light:

Hanako (Dis2) vs Anna Ziriski (PS2) - Phantasy Star 2 always wins
Cleo (S1) vs Yukari Takeba (Pers3) - Suikoden 1 always wins
<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

James_xeno

• Dark Force
  • Denizen
  • And ye shall be as gods
    • View Profile
    • My 1up profile page
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2009, 07:32:18 PM »
Stat topic puts them (2) at a little over 40% PCHP.

When antelopes cross a river crocodiles will eat some of them, but the majority will still make it through.
Because there are 500 antelope and three crocodiles. Not because the crocodiles are enviornmentalists.

James_xeno

• Dark Force
  • Denizen
  • And ye shall be as gods
    • View Profile
    • My 1up profile page
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2009, 08:32:40 PM »
Because if Id can't kill Cristo before the second turn he gets destroyed. He is not winning a fight with his ether damage alone and Cristo has well over a dozen shots of full healing to outlast Id with at that point. Sure, he doesn't kill in three-four turns, but he will well before he runs out of MP.
When does Cristo ever get to attack, let alone use Upper?

Id goes first, Cristo heals or dies at the start of the very next turn. Id goes again, Cristo heals, Id attacks, Cristo heals and so on.

Cristo has below PC average HP, 6-7HKO (game worst) damage and only limited heals. Id does 1.08HKO damage to average PCHP with double Hagans and there is no way Cristo's defense is going to knock that down anywhere close to 3HKO. Especially with his HP.

Unless i'm missing something big here, there's just no way Cristo wins.
When antelopes cross a river crocodiles will eat some of them, but the majority will still make it through.
Because there are 500 antelope and three crocodiles. Not because the crocodiles are enviornmentalists.