Register

Author Topic: Zidane is a saiyan.  (Read 8186 times)

metroid composite

• m_ACac
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Zidane is a saiyin.
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2009, 05:03:12 AM »
Just sayin' (pun intended).

stop that. 
Hey, the way he (or she?) originally spelled it was very close to sayin' (to the point that I actually misread the title as "Zidane is a sayin'"--I came in here expecting Zidane quotes, :'()

(what's the official transliteration? Saiyajin?  something like that?)
Google autocorects all spellings but Saiyan and Saiyajin.  That said, my default reaction to people who spell it Saiyajin is to slowly back away, as that implies that they actually take DBZ seriously, as opposed to "eh, the English dub was on my cartoon channel, so I watched it."

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Zidane is a saiyan.
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2009, 05:24:05 AM »
To be fair they could also be twelve years old, and thus at an age where liking and taking DBZ seriously is still acceptable.
Don't think of it as a novel. Think of it as a chance to retroactively win every argument you have ever walked away from.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2009, 06:01:57 AM »
Or possibly know that Saiyajin is simply Saiya (fictional name) plus jin (Kanji for "Person", basically means "Person From," hence "Gaijin" (Foreign Person), Americajin (Person from America, American if you will)) and recognizes that Saiyan and Saiyajin are essentially the same thing because they've studied a bit of the language.

Or something like that.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2009, 07:47:19 AM »
Well, sure, Zenny.  But such people are like the folks on the internet who engage in civil reasoned debate, with one side calmly admitting that he was, in fact, wrong and politely thanks the other side for furthering his education.  There's been more Bigfoot sightings.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2009, 02:54:31 PM »
Well, sure, Zenny.  But such people are like the folks on the internet who engage in civil reasoned debate, with one side calmly admitting that he was, in fact, wrong and politely thanks the other side for furthering his education.  There's been more Bigfoot sightings.

Oh.  Yes.  This is the internet.  Forgot that, for a second.