RPGDL Games > Forum Games

A New Day Dawns (Episode 2)

(1/37) > >>

AndrewRogue:
Dawn on another cloudy day along the Yellow River.

The early risers get up and out to begin their business, while those who carried on long into the night last night perhaps sleep a few extra hours. It was a good party. The people responded well to the newcomers, as well as a night of revelry. Although, in the light of the new dawn, there is some regret. Mostly from those who reveled a little too long and hard.

Tora is among the early risers, making sure everything is set and checking that everyone from the boat is, eventually, accounted for and that nothing problematic happened during the night.

((OOC: Khun, you may arrive at your leisure this morning, provided your plan was more or less to head straight back. Rishi, you've got a bit of hiking today. If you end up wanting to chat with the samurai, you're free too, otherwise I'll just key you when you're relevant. Hang tight!))

Carthrat:
Lee manages to rise with the sun, a custom she finds herself regretting on this particular morning. But the proper life does require certain things to be ritualized; fulcrums around which a day can be organized are invaluable, particularly when on the road or the river to an uncertain future.

Even if not everyone attends her morning address, they'll certainly remember that they missed it; half the battle, really. She has a glass of water and a light breakfast- not much more than rice and a side of dried fish- before she leaves her makeshift housing and walks among her folk to ask some quiet questions.

"How did you find last night? What do you think of the locals? Any new friends? Any trouble?" and the like. She has to tune into their joys and concerns, and find ways to accentuate the former whilst alleviating the latter in the near future.

May:
Like any good soldier, Akeha rises with the dawn whether she wants to or not. Still feeling the prior night's effects, she's a bit snippy as she checks with the duty squad to make sure no major disorder followed the party, before retreating to the mess hall.

Recovering with soup, rice, pickles and fish, she soaks in the mutterings and gossip of her troops. While she doesn't join any of the knots of men and women having morning conversation, she is available to be approached, and tries to listen closely to anything audible.

Hunter Sopko:
Vol is, of course, also up at dawn. Except he is ready for the day, not having any ill effects from the night before. His morning report for Lady Hakuhi is primed and ready for the usual post-breakfast timeslot. Having heard rumors of her hangover, he knows he has a few extra minutes, so he steps into his office to talk to the men he asked to check on the night's festivities for him.

Excal:
As the sun rises over the horizon, Khun kneels upon his cloud, genuflecting towards the distant orb.

Oh hallowed one, unconquered one.  I beseech thee.
I beseech thee, Flame of Life, for the wisdom to stave off the hand of death.
I beseech thee, Flame of Light, for the knowledge to illuminate the gloom of ignorance.
I beseech thee, Flame of Victory, for the power to best those who would oppose me.
I beseech thee, Flame of Retribution, for the will to end those who would rend what should be.

As your light brings forth a new day, let my light bring forth new hope.

He frowned, still the prayer didn't feel quite right.  Perhaps some kind of insense, a draping of morning glories, or candles made from pressed sundrops?  Perhaps a certain ritual in the patterns of the prayers?  Though, in many ways, the simple form felt right.  The little he knew of the Sun suggested that it wasn't one for elaborate ceremonies.  The Unconquored Sun simply Was, and the rites to it should be the same, shouldn't they.  And, something in the back of his mind told him there was something of a forming ritual in this.  In forming a proper devotion to the source of one's exaltation.

Looking out over the river, he set those thoughts aside.  He could see the town of Inaba ahead, and until he could speak with the Lady of the Keep, there might be a few awkward moments.  After all, it was doubtful that they very often had a visitor arrive on a cloud bearing the dead body of one of their own.  Getting up, he looked at the castle as he approached, a measured closing on the parapets seemed best.  That way he could be seen and no one would feel the need to do anything rash.  As well, by approaching from above, he could mention he was there to see their mistress, that she would be quite happy to see him, and he could disclose the presence of the corpse, and why he had her, before someone could see her and draw their own conclusions.  Hasty conclusions were often bad, hasty conclusions by people with weapons even worse.

And so it was that shortly after dawn broke, he found himself approaching the walls of the keep of Inaba, towards the most senior and reasonable looking of the wall guards, hands clearly visible and crossed across his chest, stating.

Oathman of the Tetsuzuru, I am the Sage, Zhao Khun of the Rin Tor.  Tidings I bring for your keepmistress, of the Nine Rivers, and of loss.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version