Author Topic: A New Day Dawns (Episode 2)  (Read 13735 times)

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
Re: A New Day Dawns (Episode 2)
« Reply #150 on: November 22, 2016, 07:53:43 AM »
Rishi

"Boy, you know how to pontificate. If you wanna talk that way, then I figure there's about 50 different sides over there right now, one for each soul. I'm Den, and right now I'm getting pretty nervous on account of being face to face with a bit of an enigma." The man edges back, eyeing you.

((OOC: Read intentions, technically I should've let you boost, but it don't matter here

<Exaltedbot> 1,0AndrewRogue rolled :1,0 11#1d10 --> 1,0[ 1d10=9 ]1,0{9}, 1,0[ 1d10=1 ]1,0{1}, 1,0[ 1d10=2 ]1,0{2}, 1,0[ 1d10=6 ]1,0{6}, 1,0[ 1d10=3 ]1,0{3}, 1,0[ 1d10=10 ]1,0{10}, 1,0[ 1d10=5 ]1,0{5}, 1,0[ 1d10=9 ]1,0{9}, 1,0[ 1d10=1 ]1,0{1}, 1,0[ 1d10=10 ]1,0{10}, 1,0[ 1d10=9 ]1,0{9}))

"Look, if you be expecting trust right now, maybe you ought be explaining what you're actually doing here, yeah?"

Carthrat

• Max Level Arch Priestess
  • Denizen
  • I'm a goddess! I'm really a goddess!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 22, 2016, 08:25:44 AM »
"I shall not ask you to question it," replies Lee. "What does Lord Fang Deshi have you do? How do you serve him?"
WHAT BENEFITS CAN ONE GET FROM SCIENTOLOGY?

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 23, 2016, 01:24:34 AM »
Lee

"Simply continue as we have, mistress. I am... was a trader who did business between the capital and the nearby towns and villages. I... do not visit the capital much anymore, and focus my business in the villages." She lapses into silence for a long moment. "Lord Fang Deshi's... guests, under his eyes and reach, obey his laws. But... their customs are... I... have seen what remains of those who indulge in their pleasures. And what remains of those who cross them. Empty eyes and empty souls. Men twisted into the shapes of beasts." She shudders. "Here, at least, their intrusions are rarer."

Magetastica

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 23, 2016, 05:37:33 AM »
Rishi nods, a small smile lingering on his face. "I figure that's fair, Den. While I said it earlier, I'll say it again, but more plainly. If you'll allow me to be blunt, I am here to kill Fang Deshi and wrest these lands free from his control. I have no interest in governing, or determining the laws and customs. I just want to kill a foul evil and be on my way. Maybe a few more if those creatures stand in my way. How does that sound to you?"

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 23, 2016, 06:20:26 AM »
Rishi

"It sounds like a real good way for a man to get himself killed, but maybe a decent way for a monster to live." The man glances back towards the village. "So you with them, or there just a sudden interest in this here little town?"

Magetastica

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 23, 2016, 06:28:07 AM »
"I'm with them insofar as they continue to combat evil. Nobody can work alone forever, after all." Rishi glances over at the crowd in the village. "I think we should probably get back to the group. It looks like things have settled down and nobody's life is in peril anymore. Plus, your friends and family are probably nervous and trying to find you right now..." He motions the man towards the village.

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 23, 2016, 06:45:10 AM »
"Have all fallen under his whim?" wonders Lee. "Are there those in the capital who yearn to reclaim their homeland? Is there anyone in all Nine Rivers that dares to speak against Fang Deshi?"

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 23, 2016, 06:54:48 AM »
Rishi

Den hrms, but nods. "I would be most interested in talking to them indeed, I think."

Lee

Yijun He looks at the ground. "The goddesses are missed. But even they seem to fear Lord Fang Deshi and his... guests." She lapses into silence again.

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 23, 2016, 11:52:43 AM »
"I see. Among the goddesses," asks Lee, "Which are the most ardent and warlike?"

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 23, 2016, 08:10:22 PM »
Lee

"Yi, San, Wu, and Ba are known as the most skilled and fearsome warriors of the Nine Sisters. In the early days of our lands, it is said that they defeated entire armies with their combined might."

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 24, 2016, 04:42:36 AM »
"Can you tell me where I can find their shrines and temples?"

Magetastica

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 24, 2016, 05:54:27 AM »
Rishi walks along with Den, guiding him to Akeha. "Lady A... err, Lady Hakuhi, this is Den. Den, Lady Hakuhi. Den here is one of the villagers, I found him out in the trees."

May

• Eris's Padding
  • Denizen
  • Lalatina~
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 25, 2016, 03:53:58 AM »
Akeha turns to face the local, her massive flare of Essence now fading a little to a bright blaze of white fire befitting her name. She gave a small bow to Den as Rishi introduces him. "Tetsuzuru Hakuhi, Shugodai of Inaba under the Tetsuzuru Daimyo, your neighbor to the north," she introduces herself. "We had heard of an invasion of the uncreatures of chaos, and sought to aid your Goddesses."

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 25, 2016, 04:47:19 AM »
Not Lee

"Greetings, Tetsuzuru Hakuhi. But you and your servant mistake me. I am not not one of these locals, and these fool goddesses aren't mine." He bows low. "My siblings and I came to cleanse these lands, but now only I remain. So, as one of Luna's children, I offer you my aid if your goal is indeed to end the reign of the Wyld here, child of the Unconquered Sun."

Lee

"I only know a couple, Wu has a shrine just west of here, but I've heard that she has not appeared in some time. There is a shrine to Ba in the east. San's main temple is to the north..."

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 25, 2016, 05:07:26 AM »
Lee inclines her head. "Thank you. It's unfortunate that the goddesses were unwilling or unable to intervene against the Fair Folk," she confides in Yehan. "Tell me, do you have children here? A family?"

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 25, 2016, 05:19:53 AM »
Lee

"I do not. At times I have regretted but right now... I think it is something to be thankful for." Yijun He offers a wan smile. "There are times where it is good to always be on the move."

May

• Eris's Padding
  • Denizen
  • Lalatina~
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 25, 2016, 05:21:20 AM »
Akeha's eyebrows shoot up at the pronouncement of his identity. "I had come here to investigate myself what was occuring on my southern border. But with our discoveries here in this village, and in our conversation with the Goddess Si, the destruction of the Wyld taint has become my endeavor," she agrees. "I can not speak for all of us - Lady Aaeiko, Rishi, and Master Zhao are their own agents. Nor have I been raised with any trust for your kind, the demons of the moon that prowl in the night. But my Shogunate upbringing has been facing many challenges of late," she laughs bitterly.

"Very well then, Master Den. For if there is one thing the Dragons, the Sun, and the Moon should agree on, it is that these uncreatures should not foul creation. Lady Aaeiko will demand we keep these two alive to more easily reach and confront Fang Deshi. Beyond that allowance, I am happy to accept your assistance."

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 25, 2016, 05:34:10 AM »
"A bitter sort of fortune," Lee replies, though she offers Yijun a smile of her own. "Thank you for speaking with me, Yijun He. One way or the other, we will change this land. I would ask that you accompany us, and witness that change with your own eyes; better still, to lend us your voice within the city. For I assure you, nothing improves in this world until a firm will sets out to confront what is wrong with it."

Magetastica

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 26, 2016, 06:12:32 AM »
Rishi coughs uncomfortably at being called a servant. "Well said. Do we have some sort of agreement with them, though? I wasn't quite able to make out what these two were discussing with you and Lady Aeiko. "

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 27, 2016, 02:36:52 AM »
Not Lee

The creatures offer annoyed glances between each other, suspicious and possibly putting two and two together. But they make no move, like good little captives.

Den bows deeply again. "As a child of the Unconquered Sun you don't need to be fearing me, Tetsuzuru Hakuhi. I, for one, welcome your return. Though I will warn you, Nine Rivers is more dangerous than I was lead to believe. Four of us came, one remains." He looks regretfully at the pair. "I hope your friend has a way with words, then. We'll be carrying a pair of venomous snakes in our arms if we bring them."

Lee

"But fortune, nevertheless." She hesitates. "I... can accompany you to the city and introduce you to a few people I know who remained last I knew, but I am no hero, nor do I wish to spend the rest of my life as a soulless husk or a chickadee."

May

• Eris's Padding
  • Denizen
  • Lalatina~
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 27, 2016, 02:47:52 AM »
"Such was meant more to warn you of my ingrained prejudices, unfortunately," Akeha bows in response, a little deeper this time. "From what she had said, I believe she is aware... they will be bound only to the exact letter of their agreement with her and nothing more. I will not expect much of them."

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 27, 2016, 03:20:30 AM »
Not Lee

"I figured as much," Den says with a toothy smile. "Don't worry, I'll take no offense so long as you don't fall prey to their wiles. I'd work with devils themselves to purge the Wyld from our lands. Not that I think any of you are devils."

May

• Eris's Padding
  • Denizen
  • Lalatina~
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 27, 2016, 03:24:04 AM »
"I wouldn't blame you," Akeha offers wryly. "I was raised to think everyone present are devils," she snorts bitterly. "So as a curiosity... what do you see yourself as? Lady Aaeiko is almost the definitive self-image of a Solar, proud and strong and unyielding in her faith. But I have never met a Moon Demon in all my education of them."

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 27, 2016, 03:40:03 AM »
Not Lee

The toothy smile widens. "That's the magic of being a moon demon, Tetsuzuru Hakuhi: I'm whatever I wish to be. From a lowly snake creeping through the grass, to an old man hiding out from monsters. But I suppose beneath that I am one of the guardians that protects creation from things far worse than moon demons." He nods his head in the direction of the fae. "And, once, the loyal servants to the children of the Unconquered Sun."

May

• Eris's Padding
  • Denizen
  • Lalatina~
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 27, 2016, 04:07:13 AM »
"You can call me Hakuhi if you desire," Akeha allows, smiling a bit. "Curious... once? Have you survived since the First Age? Or do you speak of your own reincarnation?" she wonders, sounding even more than just curious, fascinated almost.