Register

Author Topic: A New Day Dawns (Episode 2)  (Read 13733 times)

May

• Eris's Padding
  • Denizen
  • Lalatina~
    • View Profile
Re: A New Day Dawns (Episode 2)
« Reply #125 on: November 13, 2016, 02:52:44 AM »
Akeha glances at the other wounded fae creature. "So what kind of shapeshifter, mm? I'm still ready to kill you on theological grounds, but I'm curious..." she remarks, rather bluntly.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 14, 2016, 03:25:53 AM »
(OOC: Gonna assume you wanted rivertongue since you were using it earlier.)

Aranrhod smiles. "Perhaps we chose the wrong land to come to. Yours sounds much more exciting. Kill or be killed is exciting." It shift's it's weight, the leaves that make up it's skin rustling. "I speak of the bastard children of the Moon. The blood drinkers and heart takers."

May

• Eris's Padding
  • Denizen
  • Lalatina~
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 14, 2016, 04:17:09 AM »
"No, in my lands we consider your kind's very existence a blasphemy upon order, and all in the land are obligated to hunt and kill you," Akeha muses, shaking her head. "We would sooner die by the hand of a shapeshifter than survive on your assistance."

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 14, 2016, 06:28:55 AM »
"You things of creation are always so unyielding and rigid." It sighs and shrugs. "The leader of this land is wise to see the weakness and faults of creation. To accept the gifts our nobles have granted is to grow strong."

((OOC: Rishi, could I get an awareness? Sight/Hearing applies.))

Carthrat

• Max Level Arch Priestess
  • Denizen
  • I'm a goddess! I'm really a goddess!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 14, 2016, 06:40:24 AM »
"Bind ourselves to you?" replies Lee.

"I will tell you what will happen. You will be in our custody forthwith and follow our instructions; you are not permitted to flee, and you shall truthfully answer our questions regarding your alliance, and regarding this land. You'll swear not to seek harm for us, nor to seduce us or consume humanity for any reason, for a year and a day. You're to accompany us to our ship when we depart, and you will not leave it without our permission. But we'll treat you as guests; you'll not come to harm by our hands unless you seek to harm another through words or deeds, or disobey our instructions. Your other duties are to be suspended. When we meet Fang Deshi, we'll release you, or earlier, if the whim strikes us. You will lead us to him at our pleasure."
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 06:59:16 AM by Carthrat »
WHAT BENEFITS CAN ONE GET FROM SCIENTOLOGY?

Magetastica

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 14, 2016, 06:49:15 AM »
OOC: Spending 5 motes from Personal to bump the Awareness check, making it 12d10 Double 9s, With difficulty of checks being reduced by one, and difficulty of anything relating to specialties being reduced to one.

<Magey> .ex 12
<Luna> Magey: 12: [1: 3, 2: 2, 3: 1, 4: 1, 6: 1, 7: 2, 8: 1, 10: 1]  - 5 Successes

Despite all the conversations and noise going on, Rishi is able to properly divide his attention like he was taught to do when he first learned the bow. Of particular note is that Lee switched back to Forest Tongue in the middle of her conversation, but also... Something else seems to catch his attention.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 16, 2016, 04:37:23 AM »
The creature offers you a blank stare and a glance over at it's companion who shrugs.

"Perhaps in a language one of us knows?"

On repetition, it sighs. "Truly, an unequitable deal, no Arnanrhod? But I suppose we are left with little choice. It is the place of the invading Sun Children to make the rules. You terms are heard and agreed to. We shall obey them. And with this third promise, it is done."

The other one repeats the oath.

In the meanwhile, Patr and Yozo have managed to corral at least a large portion of the townspeople and reduce them to a minor panic.

Rishi

Out of the corner of your eye you can catch an older man creeping around the trees, watching the scene unfold. He seems quite interested in the scene.

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 16, 2016, 04:45:25 AM »
"You are not wrong, Fair Ones," replies Lee, acknowledging the oath with a formal bow. "No doubt you are at our mercy. Our disagreements may be forever. Yet, were we to abuse the words spoken today beyond their clear purpose, it would not be long before all refused to bow to us, even if it meant their very lives."

Magetastica

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 16, 2016, 05:53:34 AM »
Upon sighting the older man poorly attempting to stay hidden, Rishi silently drops down from his perch and makes his way toward the stranger.  Winding through the trees out of the stranger's sight, and moving quickly while the main group talks, he stops behind the older man, his bow back over his shoulder and one hand gripping his katana's hilt.

"This has been quite a day, no?"

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 16, 2016, 06:18:42 AM »
The thing shall push itself to it's feet. "I am Dafydd. My companion is Aranrhod. We are at your disposal, Sun Children." It offers a mock bow.

Rishi

The man starts ever so slightly. "Course it has. You saw those monsters and what they did. You'd be wise to get outta here." His voice is rough as he looks from you to the affairs happening in the town.

Magetastica

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: November 16, 2016, 06:50:03 AM »
"Y'know, I feel like I actually have to ask here. Which ones are the monsters, and what exactly did they do?" Rishi tilts his head slightly as he asks, hand still gripping his katana and his eyes measuring up the man in front of him.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 16, 2016, 07:29:11 AM »
Rishi

"Gettin' hard to tell. Thought it was just those monsters from the capital, but you see them glowing folks?" He shakes his head. "This town's finished if you ask me."

Magetastica

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 16, 2016, 08:00:29 AM »
Rishi shares an understanding look with the man before continuing. "Now, sir, I don't think that 'finished' is the right term. There's always hope, isn't there? I mean, eventually both the monsters and the glowing folk will have to leave, right?"

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 17, 2016, 05:35:19 AM »
Lee inclines her head to the Fair Folk.

She turns to the villagers a moment later, however. "Who among you can speak for all?" she asks, in the stern tone of an instructor addressing her pupils for the first time.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 19, 2016, 08:08:28 AM »
Rishi

The man leans back against a tree. "Maybe. But that sort'll be back, so long as the mad lord rules this land, eh?"

Others

The folks mill a little uncomfortably, but, eventually, with a little extra coaxing from Patr, an older woman steps forward, her black hair kept in a tight bun. "I can do so," she says with imperfect Forest Tongue. It doesn't take a skill check to see she's nervous as hell.

The Fair Folk, having made their oaths, stand  and regroup if allowed, moving a bit aside, offering annoyed glances Akeha's way.

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 19, 2016, 08:36:31 AM »
"I wish to hear your voices, so that mine can be their echo in the capital," Lee replies, advancing towards the woman. "I wish to know your fears and troubles, so that I can see the way to cast them aside. What is your name?"

Magetastica

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 20, 2016, 04:48:00 AM »
OOC: Attempting to Read Intentions on the man.

<Magey> roll 5#d10
<Exaltedbot> 1,0Magey rolled :1,0 5#d10 --> 1,0[ 1d10=6 ]1,0{6}, 1,0[ 1d10=1 ]1,0{1}, 1,0[ 1d10=5 ]1,0{5}, 1,0[ 1d10=10 ]1,0{10}, 1,0[ 1d10=7 ]1,0{7}
<Magey> 3 Successes

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 21, 2016, 04:10:11 AM »
Rishi

You can't quite get a clear read on the man.

Everyone Else

The woman bows nervously. "Yijun He, mistress. Loyal subject of Lord Fang Deshi."

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 21, 2016, 04:24:01 AM »
"Let us go for a walk," Lee says, quickly perceiving that the woman is doubtless terrified of saying anything that others might remember.

Magetastica

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 21, 2016, 04:43:38 AM »
Rishi chuckles lightly. "Well, I'm not sure how much can be done to fix that one, I'm afraid. Though if you're so frightened of being here, why not move? Start a new life elsewhere, somewhere safer?"

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 21, 2016, 07:47:27 AM »
Everyone Else

Yijun He bows deeply, casting an uneasy eye at everyone that is basically not her. "I-if that is your wish, mistress."

Rishi

"Why ought good people be forced to leave their home 'cause of monsters? It's the monsters that should be going." The man scoffs. "You one of 'em too? You certainly don't seem worried."

Magetastica

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 21, 2016, 08:22:15 AM »
Rishi keeps an eye on Lee as she begins walking away with one of the locals. "That is quite the leap to make, sir. I agree that monsters shouldn't stick around where innocents lives their lives, but I can assure you I am no monster. I am merely a wanderer who earns his keep by keeping monsters from running amok, though I was sadly late to arrive here it seems."

He eyes the man up and down rather noticeably. "However, you don't seem terribly worried, yourself. You may be hiding away from the action, but you're the only one here while the rest of the villagers have gone back. Furthermore, you seemed perfectly comfortable to begin discussing with me, a  stranger, as soon as I approached. And even further, if I were a monster, you seem rather at ease accusing me of being one to my face, while I am visibly armed. Now, before you misunderstand me, I would like to point out that the enemy of my enemy is my friend, and you are rather clearly not sided with the monsters out there, which makes you an ally in my books." Rishi extends his hand forward as he finishes speaking.

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 22, 2016, 02:08:10 AM »
Lee leads Yijun on a short but leisurely route from the village that will take them to their boat, and most likely back.

"You may call me Lee," she tells Yijun, in the dimming light of her anima. "What you say to me I shall keep in confidence. We are the light; we have the power to change the world. You serve Fang Deshi today, but in times past the people of Nine Rivers lived under the rule of the Nine Goddesses. By way of his song, power has shifted to him. I, too, can sing, and perchance we all may scatter Fair Ones as they came. Cadences rise and fall, as empires turn and the sun flies from dusk to dawn. Believe in us, Yijun He, but first, believe what your own heart tells you."

OOC: Presence+Charisma, trying to instill an intimacy towards Lee (Powerful).

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 22, 2016, 06:07:15 AM »
Rishi

"I simply call it as I see it. If you are, it don't really matter, if you aren't, it really don't matter." The man smiles but doesn't take your hand. "So what sort are you? You with the lord's crew or you with the others?"

Lee

((OOC: In temporary absence of bot, we can give you a success credit considering your pool.))

The woman is clearly still intimidated, but also obviously awed by you and yours. "The times have indeed changed, mistress, but we must serve loyally. Our lord is blessed and the company he keeps is... strong. Stronger than our goddesses." She hesitates. "I hear the capital is a place fully foreign to us now, where strange beasts like those here walk freely. And I also hear those taken there don't come back, or they come back changed. It... is not a time to question the righteousness of Lord Fang Deshi."

Magetastica

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 22, 2016, 06:55:50 AM »
Rishi lowers his hand back onto his katana. "Well, that's pretty oversimplified. There are more than two sides here. There's Fang Deshi's monsters, the Nine Rivers people, the glowing ones, you, and I. That's five, by my count. Now, I believe this is long overdue, but why don't we have some introductions, hmm? I am known as the Crimson Mist Assassin, and I am a mercenary-slash-assassin that works to help the innocent, though usually it's by defeating entire bands of bandits. And who might you be?" He leans back slightly towards the end, keeping a close eye on the path Lee took, Akeha and the creatures, and the man in front of him.