imageRegister

Author Topic: Missing Bios: The Return  (Read 33759 times)

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
Missing Bios: The Return
« on: February 17, 2008, 05:47:28 AM »
Ganked by Super.

Q: What are bios?

A: They're brief overviews of characters, usually with a small section on in game/character stuff, and a small section on DL history/what they can do. They aren't really meant to be a mechanics overview, so shy away from that. General stuff like: "FF1 Knight is -the- classic Final Fantasy tank, and woe to anyone who gets in the way of his blade" is good. Stuff like: "FF1 Knight has 154% PC HP and reduces physical damage by 47% and has a 60% accurate Silence spell" are not.

We're mostly done with these, but there are about 50 or so that need to be done, plus updating bios for current fights. A lot of bios haven't been touched in years, and could have a lot of history and information added. Anyone is welcome to do these, it's open access for all. If you have access to the writer's boards, feel free to post them on site with a note here about which ones you've done. If you haven't done it yet, feel free to post them here and one of the staffers will post them. I can give people access to the site who don't have it, but it'll have to wait until after I get back in two weeks.
Undone bios:

Disgaea2 Adell Yes
Disgaea2 Axel No
Disgaea2 Hanako No
Disgaea2 Rozalin No
Disgaea2 Taro No
Disgaea2 Tink Yes
Disgaea2 Yukimaru No
Disgaea2 Zenon No
FE9 Volke No
FE9 Naesala No
Pers3 Akihiko Sanada No
Pers3 Jin Shirato No
Pers3 Junpei Iori No
Pers3 Ken Amada No
Pers3 Shinjiro Aragaki No
Pers3 Takaya Sakaki No
Pers3 Yukari Takeba No
S2 Nina No
S2 Oulan No
S2 Simone Verdricci No
SoA Enrique No
SoA Fina No
SoA Gilder No
SoA Vyse No
Suikos Humphrey No
TotA Natalia No
VP1 Barbarossa
VP1 Grey
VP1 Jun

Also, Mana Khemia plus MMXCM bios.

All the bios for this season need to be looked at and make sure they're up to date as well.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 07:36:54 PM by superaielman »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

hinode

• Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • And ladies! And ladies who dress like men!
    • View Profile
Re: Missing Bios: The Return
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 03:20:28 AM »
Kornell also needs a bio.  Accidentally left him off the list on saturday.

hinode

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 03:35:14 AM »
Also missed Dahna as well.  Sigh, shouldn't check for these while sleepy and/or rather busy.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 10:44:50 PM »

Not sure where to post this... Just picked up all the TotA PCs without profiles

Luke Fon Fabre started life in the normal way - two parents born of nobility, engaged to a princess, with a private tutor to teach him swordsmanship while he was locked away in his manor in Baticul every waking moment of the day. Also, the Amnesia. Okay, so Luke's life was never normal, but one day a girl showed up which started him down a chain of events leading to the knowledge of the facts that not only was he a Seventh Fonist and one of the only beings on the planet able to create a Hyperresonance by himself, but he was also Replica. A Fomicry-created clone of another being whose life he had unwittingly stolen. From that point on, he resolved to change himself and become worthy of being 'Luke'. His final acts to do this was the liberation of the energy being Lorelei, allowing the flow of Fonons to return to its natural state.

In the DL, Luke brings formidable prowess to his duels with his array of hard-hitting attacks, in various different flavors of elements. While his ability to create a Hyperressonance will never see use in the DL, he has the Jewel of Lorelei, a unique accessory only he can equip which allows him to regenerate health rapidly.

Mystearica Fende Grants is a descendant of the great fonist Yulia who discovered the Seventh Fonon of Sound and its application as a healing Arte. Tear herself is an equally capable Seventh Fonist, with a wide range of healing and attack spells, as well as the pieces of the Great Fonic Hymn, giving her access to sleep-inducing status, invincibility, stat-buffing, full healing and powerful magic damage.

Tear maintains a cool exterior like her mentor Legretta, but sometimes her outward self slips when her penchant for cute things bubbles to the front. Hopefully this won't cause a problem when she comes across the many adorable mascots in the League.

Guy Cecil has long been the childhood friend of Luke Fon Fabre, as well as a servant to the noble family of House Fabre. Guy is normally an easy-going fellow, doing his job of protecting his friend and sparring with Luke in sword training. But it isn't long before it's discovered that Guy holds a secret reason for his employment to House Fabre. He actually plans to take revenge on Luke, for being the son of Duke Fabre. Guy is actually of nobility; his real name is revealed to be "Gailardia Galan Gardios". Duke Fabre invaded the Gardios house one night years ago and killed his family. All the women of the house, including his sister, rushed to save the young Guy, but they were slaughtered before his eyes. He awoke to find himself buried in their corpses, triggering his gynophobia. He then infiltrates House Fabre as a servant and vows to himself to hurt the Duke like the Duke had hurt him. However, Guy's friendship with Luke changed his mind and he rejected his ideas for revenge, although he admits to still having some suppressed rage regarding the issue.

Maybe this rage will fuel him through his future encounters in the DL. With powerful sword techniques as well as some limited healing, Guy isn't a force to be taken lightly.

hinode

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 12:45:56 AM »
www.rpgdl.com/admin is where bios are entered.  The login/password is the same as for the forums, but I'm not sure if Hal or someone needs to set permission or not.

I've gone ahead and posted those 3 bios for their respective characters.  We're still missing Natalia for TotA PCs though, for the record.

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2008, 01:02:57 PM »
Did more bios for the new season, thanks to hinode's reminder. Yuki (G3) is still missing, but I haven't played enough of Grandia 3 to write his.

Here are: Gong (ShF), Largo (TotA), Sync (TotA), and Dinn (S5) - written when I was sleepy, so someone should grammar-check these (especially for missing words, I do that a lot when I'm sleepy).

The travelling monk Gong joins the Shining Force early in their adventure to stop the resurrection of the Dark Dragon. He provides his team with decent damage and middle-range healing so he can stand up as a useful all-around fighter. While not the strongest of the Force, Gong is always around to provide support from his ever-useful Mary Poppins-esque backpack, filled with useful camping items that can help him out in numerous situations, though most of which don't help much in a duel. He also seems to be the only person in the Shining Force universe who ever took the time to bring along bugspray.

Largo the Black Lion's had a rough time of it. He started out as Badaq, a loyal retainer to the Kingdom of Kimlasca, before the plight of royal family caused them to betray his loyalty. As a result, his wife Sylvia died and his daughter was taken from him. The stoic warrior joined the ranks of the God-Generals under Van Grants to get revenge, only to meet a tragic end to the very daughter he'd lost so many years ago.

But the Black Lion's tragic past won't stop him from seeing success in the Duelling League. An extremely tanky fighter, he has good health and durability with some resistance to Earth and Fire. He starts out with strong damage that only gets stronger once he's lowered down to 50% of his health. And if he's lowered to 25% health, look out for his hellish Brimstone Tempest, which is simply overkill all-around.

A lot of people in the Duelling League have long questioned the meaning behind their existance. Be it a question of their role in the future, the secret of their pasts, or their purpose for fighting. Sync the Tempest takes agonizing over such questions to a new level of obsession to which only a teenager from the suburbs who wears black eyeliner can compare. To be fair, despite Sync's appearance, he is actually quite young, being one of the replicas of the Fon Master of the Order of Lorelei. With a natural talent for Daathic Fonic Artes, Sync was given a position as a masked God-General and never given the chance to full the role of Fon Master. Embittered with his position as 'second place' to the other replicas, Sync took on a cruel and twisted persona, revelling in battle and tormenting his enemies before being stopped once and for all by Luke and the others.

As a duelist, Sync has some nasty tricks. Good speed, status, and increasingly good physical and magical damage make him a force to be reckoned with. Once he reaches 50% and 25% of his health, he can unleash his Mystic Artes Harrowing Gale and Akashic Torment to blow away his opponents.

The General of Sable, a small mountain town in the Queendom of Falena, Dinn is a serious and dedicated warrior. Fiercely loyal to his Lord Solis Raulbel, Dinn's primary duties are to keep a watch on the border between Queendom and the nearby antagonist country, the New Armes Kingdom. After he helped clear up an unusual case of mistaken identity between the Prince of Falena and a gang of bandits in the Sable region, Lord Solis sent Dinn to aid Prince Freyjadour's quest to restore his country. Upon the success of the mission, Dinn was able to return home and enjoy his new married life with Lord Solis' daughter, Salisha.

But don't think Dinn's gotten soft as a newlywed. A skilled master of his two-handed katana, Shams al-Zuha, Dinn can dish out some heavy damage for his field. And as the master of the Titan Rune, he can increase that damage for a nice finishing strike. Resistant to most elements, Dinn has the survivability to show that it's not just the Queen's Knights you'll have to deal with if you mess with Falena.

-Djinn

Couldn't post them using the /admin link, so I just put them here again...

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2008, 06:47:37 PM »
You should be able to put those on site now Djinn.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2008, 03:30:58 AM »
Yuki's is done.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

hinode

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2008, 08:12:51 PM »
Just for the record, here's a list of all the characters missing bios still.  Skipped anyone who's no longer ranked.

Jaheira (BGs)
Axel (Disgaea2)
Hanako (Disgaea2)
Rozalin (Disgaea2)
Taro (Disgaea2)
Yukimaru (Disgaea2)
Zenon  (Disgaea2)
Volke (FE9)
Akihiko Sanada (Pers3)
Jin Shirato (Pers3)
Junpei Iori (Pers3)
Ken Amada (Pers3)
Shinjiro Aragaki (Pers3)
Takaya Sakaki (Pers3)
Yukari Takeba (Pers3)
Nina not-Wyndia (S2)
Oulan (S2)
Simone Verdricci (S2)
Enrique (SoA)
Fina (SoA)
Gilder (SoA)
Vyse (SoA)
Humphrey Mintz (Suikos)
Natalia Stupidlylongsurname (TotA)
Barbarossa (VP)
Grey (VP)
Jun (VP)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 02:43:51 AM by hinode »

hinode

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2008, 01:02:03 AM »
Neclord is the only person left this season without a bio.  I missed him when I checked previously because he's... well, Neclord.  Can't blame people for not caring to write one for him.

hinode

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2008, 09:46:09 AM »
Tentative missing bios list for this season, since no one else has posted one yet.  I'll doublecheck this when I get a chance to log in on my own computer.

EDIT: Just Hect left.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 08:04:53 AM by hinode »

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2008, 04:16:36 AM »
I'll get all those tonight.

Edit: All but Hect, who I have blocked out.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 04:39:45 AM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------

hinode

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2008, 11:56:23 AM »
Missed Gandar at first.  He and Hect are the only ones still missing a bio now.

EDIT: Gandar is done.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 08:05:25 AM by hinode »

hinode

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2008, 06:46:24 AM »
Cius, Zylo, Futch are the only missing bios this seasons I think... might've missed someone when I scanned the list, though.

hinode

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2008, 11:22:07 AM »
Zylo done.  Hopefully someone will get the remaining two finished in time for week two.

hinode

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2008, 01:30:37 PM »
Zylo and Cius are done, but Futch is still missing a bio.  Anyone who's actually played a Suikoden game want to give it a shot?

hinode

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2008, 03:06:42 PM »
Missing bios for season 45

Week 1 - Yukimaru
Week 2 - Ike, Shoon, Gengen, Jun

Ike and Yukimaru aren't in the database yet, so no bios can be uploaded for them at the moment.

hinode

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2008, 06:47:52 AM »
Anyone else want to take over the job of maintaining seasonal bios?  I've completely lost the motivation to do this, as last season proved.

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2008, 05:41:39 AM »
Super booted me to do it for this season in place of Hinode I guess. Sorted by Division. If there's no comments beside it, it means the game is new (and in the ranking procedure) so a bio wouldn't be in the database. Comments specify what I'm concerned with.

EDIT: Oh duh. I forgot that some of the bios are here, although they might not have been uploaded yet or what not. Anyways! Fixing.

Godlike
Tidus (FFX) (needs update. No longer heavy)
Tir McDohl (Suikos) (theoretically needs update. Last appearance wasn’t against Ghaleon)
Cloud of Darkness (FF3)
Millenia (G2) (May need update if upgrade)

Heavy:
Riou (S2) (May need update due to downgrade)
Melbu Frahma (Is he still part of this super happy invincible doohickey?)

Middle:
Jeane (S4) (Shouldn’t it say Suikos?)

Light:
Chisato Madison (SO2) (May need update if upgrade)
Chidori (P3)

« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 02:42:07 AM by Tide »
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2008, 06:30:51 AM »
I already wrote bios for Oscar, Boyd, Mist and Soren...

-Djinn

hinode

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2008, 10:03:47 PM »
Johnny also has a bio already.  Is there something in particular about it that ought to be fixed?

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2008, 12:36:31 PM »
Ok cool. Thanks Tide.

I'll see what I can do about Melbu and possibly Chidori on Friday.
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

hinode

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2008, 12:21:17 AM »
http://www.rpgdl.com/character.php?name=FE9_Ike&

Anyone who wants to replace this with a real bio, feel free to do so.  <_<

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2008, 01:19:20 AM »
It expresses my feelings on Ike pretty well. And I'm the one who wrote all the ridiculously-lengthy FE9 bios so far...

-Djinn

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2009, 07:37:37 PM »
Posted an updated list of undone bios with a brief explaination. Everyone is more than welcome to help.
-------------------