Register

Author Topic: RPGDL Wiki  (Read 1778 times)

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
RPGDL Wiki
« on: February 09, 2011, 01:09:55 AM »
General topic about the Wiki.

But first - I noticed that there's a bunch of Car Insurance-related pages randomly added to our wiki and they don't link to anything.

Is that Hal using the wikispace for random stuff or are we being spammed?
http://www.rpgdl.com/wiki/index.php?title=Wow_never_experienced_25F_before_Now_I_really_appreciate_my_HVAC_16863

Also, a bunch of ads for various pills and medications... pretty sure that there's no way that's any of us. What should we do about that?

More related to actual DLWiki-business: I notice that someone posted a big list of the "Rank characters by in-game use" statistics. I'm wondering how whoever did that made their tables, because I'd like to do some similar stuff with large spreadsheet lists. I was thinking the RPG Ratings and Villain Ratings lists would make good additions to the wiki.

Does anyone have any other ideas for some wiki articles?

Also... IGN's boards did a list topic-like thread last year ( http://boards.ign.com/final_fantasy/b5026/80730081 ) and I'm wondering if anyone around here frequents IGN and can tell me about the community there? It might be interesting to occassionally do some of our Rankings/Ratings topics at IGN and posts results on the wiki (and it might draw some traffic back to here without being blatant advertising).

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
Re: RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 03:18:30 AM »
I have no idea what's with the spam. I've poked Super about it and I think he's poked Hal whose busy. I have no idea how to clean it up, but yeah. We should remove those >_>.

As the actual person who crafted the rankings table for in-game use, I poked Tal for the wiki code converter. Otherwise, I had to transcribe all the data into Excel before using the script. I should note that I already aimed for some comments besides the top 10/bottom 10 but people suggested they prefer not to have any text, so that idea was scrapped.

Soppy's working on the RPG Ratings last I checked. You'll need to check in with him to see how far along he is there.
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 03:34:25 AM »
The wiki code converter can convert Excel tables now?

I poked the RPG ratings topic about statistics recently, but no reply yet...

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 06:53:57 AM »
Protip: Click history tab to see who has editted a page and you won't have to ask.

And the wiki converter is still only BB code -> wiki code.  I wrote a script that transforms a .csv file (which you can save any Excel spreadsheet as) to an HTML table.

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 07:23:30 AM »
Tal: I'll want to get that from you at some point~

Noticed that the wiki is still getting inundated with spam.

Anyway, I started working on a "Nyarlie's Dungeon History Museum" section for the wiki, but a lot of the information seems lost with the original forums. If any of the original creators of the tourney, or maybe just someone with backups can help out with the article, I'd appreciate some fact-checking.

Note: Still a work-in-progress.
http://www.rpgdl.com/wiki/index.php?title=Nyarlathotep%27s_Dungeon_Museum

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 03:28:50 AM »
I know I made backups of the DL forums that I sent to Super, though where they are now eludes me.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 10:14:58 PM »
which reminds me, we ought to wikize the information from the Grand edition topic.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...