Register

Author Topic: Meeple Fantasy 6  (Read 35366 times)

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Meeple Fantasy 6
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2009, 11:50:13 PM »
Hm.  How's your ability to add status to a weapon outside rando-casts?  Is it limited to death, or could you do something cuter?  Just a thought for token RS Lenneth reference.

Its pretty much limited to that, yeah.  FF6 doesn't have any strict status weapons, instant death aside, so the best you'll get is random spell that casts status, and you can only apply one spell per weapon in such a manner, so that really limits the options.

Random ID also fits, but feels overrepresented anyway.  Offering Effect is viable (given how VP2 combat works) but a) I don't remember if you can toss that on a weapon and b) Feels like there's too much abusability potential in that, though certainly the weapon itself could be scaled for it based on BP and so on.

I think I specifically made Lenneth unable to use the Tyrant's Fist (offering clone), such that Fayt would gain an extra niche; both can use Levantine, which is like Valiant Knife+ (also randomly casts Fire 3, but that's meaningless with Offering), but only he can pretend he's Locke with it.  Givnig her an offering weapon with WoB Power would be akin to an Auto Crit weapon, differences being:
-I can be more flexible with regards to special effects, like Man Eater or Drainer
-I CANNOT apply random spell casts that aren't Wind SLash, which works differently, due to Offering's nature
-Doesn't cost MP
-Splits damage randomly against multiple targets
-Makes Lenneth's Bows suck; if you have any equip that gives Offering effect, it halves ALL physical damage done by that character, not just fight.  Lenneth's NVs are magical, so they'd be good, but her Bows would become fairly bad.

So in the end, it wouldn't really be that broken that early, depending on its power, and it'd have an obvious cap, cause well, if you've ever used a Normal weapon in FF6 with Offernig, you'll notiec the damage isn't very good <_<

Bare in mind that just about every Relic effect in FF6 can be duplicated on a weapon or armor, for the most part, so yeah, just assume it can be; if its something undoable, I'll just state it.

The abusability factor wouldn't be so bad, outside of MAYBE gnig Lloyd's Logic + S-Power Ring; Offernig Effect applies to the character as a whole, so Lenneth equipping a 2nd, stronger weapon could make use of it, though that's a total niche scenario that more or less limits her options and...yeah, typiacl "Genji Glove + Offering sucks" scenario, for all that it'd be slightly better here thanks to Atlas Armlet effect MAYBE!?

Regardnig Dark being under represented...

Its not as much as it use to be.  In the past, it was basically Tir, T-tar summons (and by extension, Lina's rando casting of it on Gorun Nova), some of Shady's Dances, and like an odd weapon here and there...oh, and Terra's Poison Mist <_< >_>
However, I did recently add the spell Dark Holy into the mix, which can be learned by all Materia users; spell is quiteliterally just what the name implies; Dark elemental version of Holy.
I think Lenneth's GR might be Dark Elemental, but I honestly can't remember.

Though, if you mean "Darkness is underepresented early in MF6", then yeah, that's something to consider, since outside of Tir and unreliable Shady (and RANDOM T-TAR FROM SLOTS!!1!!1), its practically non-existent in the first half.

Still the Ruin's Fate idea (or whatever I name it) wouldn't be a bad idea.

Oh, ingeneral, I want all equips to show some sort of remote sense of worth.  IOWs, nothing like FF6's Crystal Sword, a weapon gotten the same time as the Falchion but is worse in everyway (nevermnid the Falchion itself is useless, but that's more nature of FF6 kicking in, where as Crystal Sword is just flat out statistically pointless.)  IF you see an equip that seems meaningless, like cause its totally obsoleted by options at the time or whatever, please speak up; if you are unsure if it has any special qualities, refer to the earlier list.

...that reminds me, another means of Dark damage comes from Rekscalibur random casting Black Shadow <_< >_>
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 11:55:19 PM by Meeplelard »
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2009, 01:37:27 AM »
So I made the 3 weapons, and to FOIL SUSPENSE, I shall reveal their stats here!  Names subject ot change...stats too if people think something needs changing:

Listing in order of weapon numerical value, etc.:

Dark Sword  (Terra):
125 Battle Power, +2 Magic Power, Drains MP (note that attached to this effect is also "Hits Magic Defense", for some strange reason), randomly casts "Osmose", teaches Warpx5
NOTE: While this weapon is stronger than the two below it on raw battle power, keep in mind it does MP damage, so its not really fair to compare this to the other two in that regard.

Gram (Lenneth):
120 Battle Power, 25% chance of Nibelung Valesti 2, Dark Elemental, Auto Regen
(Auto Regen was tossed on as a nod to RS, where she had Parasitic Healing with all her attacks, but the amount she healed was laughably bad and its impossible to make a true Parasitic Healing effect without forcing the HP limitations)

Ettard (Ike):
108 Battle Power, Counter, 2x damage vs. Humans.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 03:54:30 AM by Meeplelard »

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2009, 03:06:29 AM »
New version uploaded and such!  This one adds in the 3 new equips, the minor tweaks mentioned by others up til this point, etc.

Also, another significnat change: Terra's spell list has been altered slightly.  Warp was moved to her unique equip, Dispel was already on an equip usable by her and Ginny only, so that was taken off her spell list.  Added on are Ice and Ice 3 in appropriate points.  Why these 2?  Cause they still exist and no PC learns them, and figure its a better extension of Terra's overall worth that she has SOME elemental variety beyond "Level 2's = good!" section (ok, so she has access to Holy and Darkness alongside Fire late game, but hush.)
IT also makes Mt. Moon a little easier, given...well, if you played that section, you know why.  And hey, anything that murders Zubats (who are not what I was referring too) cannot be considered a bad thing, right...RIGHT!??!?!

Magetastic

• Denizen
  • Cooler than you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2009, 03:18:44 AM »
Given that Zubats were randomly doing between Miss/0-99 damage, killing them quick is nice.
<%King_Meepdorah> roll 1d999 for "It was beauty...that killed the mage"?
* +Hatbot --> "King_Meepdorah rolls 1d999 for "It was beauty...that killed the mage"? and gets 999."12 [1d999=999]
<%King_Meepdorah> ...
<+superaway> ...Uh oh.
<+RandomConsonant> ...
* +superaway shakes head.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2009, 01:20:11 AM »
It's not random; they use draining, which is capped at the healing they can receive. i.e. they're much more dangerous when beaten up. It's a bit of an FF6 staple (draining attacks are often rather brutal at full power).

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Drifloon

• Completely broken...in Mystery Dungeon anyway
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2009, 06:04:43 PM »
Having Ice for Geodudes sounds awesome.

If it hasn't been nerfed already, I'd nerf the raft ride with Bacon, since they can OHKO anyone not named Bacon very easily.
~Sig is gone because I can't be bothered updating~

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2009, 11:30:52 PM »
Alright, I nerfed Beavers a little bit; I lowered their Magic Power to 7, which is roughly 30% damage loss on their magic, and they now use a level 3 special instead of Instant death, so Bacon Dying hax is much less likely.    The Veldt aspect will probably make me gimp them, and the other 2 enemies, more, but that seemed to be the big deal (the instant death)

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2009, 04:07:05 AM »
Did you implement Tir'd new sprite? I'm curious what it'll look like in action.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2009, 07:31:06 AM »
Did you implement Tir'd new sprite? I'm curious what it'll look like in action.

This sentence doesn't make sense.  Fuck internet memes.

Edit - So the one that finally pushes me to the point of incomprehensible rage is actually a typo.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 08:49:26 AM by Grefter »
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2009, 08:44:59 AM »
HEY KIDS! IT'S TIME TO PLAY "HAVING FUN OUT OF CONTEXT!"

Alright, I nerfed Beavers a little bit

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2010, 02:09:30 AM »
Ok, I decided to do something with a few equips, and would like input on these ideas.

Namely, all of Kratos' gear.  They're accessible via random drops and such in the 2nd half of the game, mostly cause I didn't want to accidentally make inaccessible equips that required Colosseum, but I figured these things should have a genuine use for the main 14 characters other than being arbitrary trophies.  I doubt I'll be changing their stats.

So...here's what I have so far:

Flamberge is usable by Laharl; not, its not particularly special, but its a viable weapon before he gets his ultimate, so I figure that's enough.  Basically just Offering w/ Man Eater effect, not much else.

Arredoval, I'm thinking of making it a shield an upgrade to Rune's Bracers.  As it stands now, only some characters (Terra, Ike, Fayt, Lenneth, Vyse, and Laharl; Shady and Lina are arbitrarily on and off here) can use most of the late game shields.  The exception to this is the Mystile, which is usable by everyone.
The Arredoval's stats are still worse than the Zircon Shield's, which is the best storebought shield, outside of having Auto Float, so it wouldn't rob the Shield users that much, but it'd make Non-Shield users a bit less gimped in game defensively.  Note that Ginny will not have access to this either way; she's specifically banned from equips that aren't her default guns in her hands.

Sigurdis a helmet with the same defense as Legend Casque (2nd best defense of all helmets, best is Ryu-unique), while having better Magic Defense than most storeboughts (25); I'm thinking of just making it universal, so it can be a Poor Man's Legend Casque, considering that Legend Casque is limited in quantity as is.

Brunhilde, I'm thinking of just making that a step up from Vegas Armor, which is the best storebought Heavy Armor; its a small upgrade on defense and a moderate one on Magic Defense.  Also thinking of letting a few others like Ike use it who are barred from Vegas Armor.

These aren't major changes in balance, but figuring the little tweaks wouldn't hurt.  Thoughts?  If someone has a better idea of how to implement these (without altering their stats), feel free to speak up!

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2010, 08:50:43 AM »
MF6 characters:

Terra- The MVP of the endgame. Combining her with Minerva, Ultima, and a Nirvana/Spirit Ring makes her crazy potent. There is definitely a time before she gets Fire 3 that she lulls a lot though, which makes me a little leery to call her the MVP of the game as a whole. It’s very possible that she is though. She’s quite good after learning the Level 2’s as well, and she gets HEALING! And has Life and later Life 2. She’s a nice revive/healing monkey, though not as good as lategame Ginny or Yuri.

Yuri- He certainly has spots in the game where he is really great (right after he learns the MT Flame), spots in the midgame where he lulls because that’s all he has for a looong time, and then he comes back with a vengeance in the lategame with FtC and Revive. The best healer for the final boss besides maybe Ginny (his doesn’t cost MP but hers heals status~)

Fayt- Fayt is quite amazing right after you get Double Jump; for a long time he’s your main healer (Terra prefers to use that MP on her attack magic~) and his attack is quite high. He gets quite a bit worse as the game goes on but he is still Top 8 material (top 8 is what I refer to because I am stupid and play the final dungeon wrong. Okay maybe not this time, but still~).

Rolf- He… it’s hard for me to say, since I barely used him and when I tried to pick him up again he was awful. I feel like that’s a huge disadvantage because a lot of his good spells aren’t trivial to track down and I am lazy. I didn’t use him in the WoR beyond where he was required. His defense also kinda sucks, iirc!

Tir- ID whore. Hey, this really IS true to in Suikoden I~ ~~~ D.Fing is pretty awesome on certain annoyances for basically ever until you get the hax version of doom. Tir’s damage is a little on the strug side until you get Judgment which is WTF. Dragon Orb, Nirvana Tir basically eats the final dungeon (but not Kefka; good thing I switched that setup to Lenneth and Terra respectively.) Black Shadow is solid as well; pretty decent MT. Healing is decent too.

Ike- Um, he’s a Fire Emblem character. He’s really good when you get Short Axes, otherwise… deserved to be dumped out of the Top 8, but I like (FE9) Ike!

Laharl- Jeigan. I suck at Slots so he wasn’t even great at that. Um, really bad in the WoR. Not too much to say here.

Lenneth- Her ST damage is pretty solid a while after you get each of the NVs (uh, well, forever in 3’s case), she has Protect and Shell and healing and 1 MP so she’s a healbot and Summon whore. Bows are pretty good MT damage for a while although they suck in the lategame. I think she’s quite good, and she was basically my damage dealer for the final boss, which is definitely different than her role throughout most of the WoR. ALSO HAS SCAN!!

Roger Bacon- DESTROYS WORLDS!

Vyse- Vyse is an interesting one. It’s a case of trying to salvage an awful awful awful skillset into something kinda cool that rewards you for the terrible drawback of time. I think Vyse is a pretty successful implementation of it. His Level 1 and Level 5 are fun anti-physical stuff (Protect and Image). Level 3 is okay, but it’s not really worth using too much unless the enemies are weak to fire. Level 4 and 7 are four-hit damage and I liked both a lot (for all that Level 7 makes me soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo impatient!! And I can’t even zone out because it will go back to the beginning if I do too much!!). Level 6 is pretty good too, but on average ya might as well wait for the 7 unless there are like six enemies. I was planning on not using Vyse because I had never played his game! But I liked the design well enough to use him anyway.

Ryu- Uh… didn’t really use, but his Doublecast Tera Break ate holes into poor poor Ghaly. Ryu is too lame to use. >_>

Ginny- Amusing. She seems fairly mediocre when she first joins, she gets buffs and stuff but her damage kind of blows. Then she gets the Drifter’s Coat, which makes her an unholy killing machine as long as you are at the right HP. :) Ena in particular absolutely loathed her; mwahahaha! She also gets Mystic which is amazing, makes her the healer of doom, and she also gets Impulse, which isn’t that great but it’s her best damage when she’s at full HP so whatevs~ Final dungeon she is not too great; REGEN MAKES HER WORSE!! GRRR!!! I am displeased!!! Uh, anyway, she did a lot of healing vs. the final boss and that was pretty good. Super-evasive! Grr, why must Ginny be so good. I hate you Meeplelord.

Shady- Can’t really comment here too much, I didn’t put much effort into him and as a result he kinda sucked. HAS HEAL THOUGH!!

Foomy- Didn’t get.

Lina- Objectively awesome, but WHAT THE HELL EVER! Crushed Ghaly into fine paste at least, her only job in the game~

To conclude, I feel like most of the characters are a decent representation of their original game selves with a few liberties taken (with Rolf in particular). Love it.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2010, 08:52:17 AM »
Also *punts Meeple* Kefka needs less Meteo hax in his life. I didn't think Meeple's fantasy was to make FF6 more like Shin Megami Tensei~
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2010, 01:38:55 PM »
It's Meeple's SECRET fantasy to turn it into Shin Megami Tensei
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2010, 03:46:50 PM »
You commented on Roger Bacon, but ignored PRINNY!??!

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2010, 03:58:23 PM »
Also *punts Meeple* Kefka needs less Meteo hax in his life. I didn't think Meeple's fantasy was to make FF6 more like Shin Megami Tensei~

Well, sorry! I'll adjust that in a later edition or something.  Remember that lack of play testers = bullshit scenarios occur, so you being the first real one for a completed version like this...

Anyway, Ciato is automatically +10 in awesome relative to all of you for finishing MF6 and actually helping fine tune it!  For that, the next update will include another arbitrary Ciato fanservice push or something!

(...get your minds out of the gutter, NOW! Especially YOU)

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2010, 04:01:06 PM »
Ciato fanservice patch: All the male characters are shirtless!

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2010, 07:41:35 PM »
Shirtless Tir?  HAWT!

On another note, when should we expect Shin Meeple Tensei?  I'd especially like to try the Djinnsona series.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2010, 10:52:46 PM »
Do you really want to drive around a track that replaces a giant Sonic carved into the wall with a giant stone scuplture of Djinn?  And I don't think Djinn has the 3D modelling skills to pull it off.

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2010, 01:45:51 AM »
If we were to make it, it would be called Djinn Megami Tensei, obviously.

Note to Meeple: Finished Prinny and touched up Ike's sprite and re-did Rolf's... everything. I also finished a full Millenia sprite if you can use that for something! >.>;;

I'll have everything uploaded on my photobucket account for you by this evening, but the Prinny sprite is already up.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2010, 02:08:51 AM »
Finished Prinny

Yay!

touched up Ike's sprite

Didn't you already do this?

re-did Rolf's... everything

IOWs, he looks a lot less like Sabin now I take it?

I also finished a full Millenia sprite if you can use that for something! >.>;;

Keep Dreaming <_<

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2010, 02:22:08 AM »
On Ike: Yes, but it still looked crappy, so I fixed it -more-.

On Rolfsabin: He still looks a lot like Sabin, but his hair and armor make sense now.

On Millenia: ...but it's such a -good- sprite ;_;

I can't decide which one I want to work on next. >.>;;

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2010, 01:01:32 PM »
Playing around with the editing tools.

I made a Seraphic Radiance sprite. Bonus points if you know the base sprite!

And more playing around, I added him into the game to see how it looked. Screencap!

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2010, 01:21:07 PM »
That is way to manly.

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2010, 02:32:04 PM »
From Celes with a Feathery hat into Lenneth!

I even managed to cut down on the number of colors used so that we can ease up the pressure on the palette changes.