Register

Author Topic: Meeple Fantasy 6  (Read 35369 times)

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Meeple Fantasy 6
« on: April 21, 2008, 09:11:44 PM »
Yes, it still exists.  No, it doesn't have an update publicized yet.

For those who don't know, its a big Meeple Fan hack...as in, yes, its a hack of FF6 dedicated to myself, but its made in such a way that most can enjoy it!  Anyway, a slightly not fully updated version exists here; there were some changes since its linked to but whatever.

For a quick recap...well, nearly everything in some way that isn't related to map editting!  Be it something minor like "Terra now wears Black instead of red" to "Shadow is now Tir McDohl from Suikoden" to "Wait, why is Altima a High Godlike now?"  is in this game.  Complete skillset overhauls exist too for the most part!  Yeah, its easier to play and see what I mean <_<

Anyway, here's THE GAME ITSELF!

Its an FF6 Hack, mind, so you'll need an FF6 rom...by which I mean "FF3 SNES"; some stuff MIGHT be compatible with FF6j, but it sure as hell won't work for FF6 Advanced....just use an FF3us Rom and make your life easier.

To patch if you don't know...just go Google "LunarIPS" and the instructions are pretty straight forward from there.  I'd tell you the shortcut method but that doesn't seem to work much, so yeah, just use LunarIPS.

EDIT: IMPORTANT DETAIL REGARDING PATCHING!!

When patching the game, make sure it is a version with the Header.  The way you check is simply check the file size of the rom.

The Rom should be 3,146,240 bytes large.  This apparently will not be different between the 1.0 version vs. 1.1.  This is apparently the cause of the Item Bug where Item Command becomes unusable.  So please, before complaining about this, be sure to check your rom size BEFORE patching the game.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 03:27:03 PM by Meeplelard »
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Meeple Fantasy 6
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 03:46:19 AM »
Hades Gigas=Kongol.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 04:05:39 AM »
Which would logically make Borras = Ayne.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 05:42:18 AM »
I propose that the Bomb be renamed "Sack."

And the Grenade? "Blacksack."

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 10:03:28 AM »
Could add more VP characters as randoms?

Like... Yumei might be a fun substitute for any of the water monsters you're looking to replace. Her sprite's a little complicated on colors, but that can be reduced without much loss, I would think.

Alternately, steal your favorite one and start replacing magic-using monsters with a "VP Mage" random - could use a Mystina sprite, perhaps. Might run into the same color issues, but they aren't hard to reduce to the correct specifications with most image programs. Hell, even paint could do most of it.

You could replace some of the insect randoms with Faeries from RPGs. Take your pick - BoF, Growlanser, even Zelda if you allow that to be considered an RPG in any sense. They could be joke-style enemies that only heal you, a la Wild ARMs and DQ games.

Anyway, that's what comes to mind based off of what I remember of the original enemies from this list. I'll look into it more carefully later, this is pretty interesting, though I'm not fully familiar with the limitations.

-Djinn

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 03:58:49 AM »
MF6 requires 100% more Crisis Core hype, in the form of random Clouds and Zacks!
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 07:13:04 PM »
I do not second this motion and bring forth countermotion A: CK smells and his opinion should be ignored.  Can I get a second?

SageAcrin

• WATCH OUT! THAT'S HYDRO PUMP!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...Is it smiling...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2008, 10:04:09 PM »
*Ipooh, Ursus, Slatter, Prussian, Gold Bear (8 colors, 64x64)

---

Fanbird, Black Chocobo, Red Chocobo, Blue Chocobo, Gold Chocobo.

Order change as you see fit, it worked off the top of my head.
<RichardHawk> Waddle Dee looks broken.
<TranceHime> Waddle Dee does seem broken.

"Forget other people's feelings, this is fun and life is but a game and we nought but players in it.  CHECKMATE!  King me and that is Uno." - Grefter

Tonfa

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 10:18:54 PM »
Beakor, Sprinter, Kiwok, Abolisher (16 colors, 64x64)

Gorem, Assashin, Y Burn, Clarken
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2008, 03:30:45 AM »
Ok, ideas I've accepted:

Hades Gigas -> Kongol, and likewise, Borras -> Ayne.

The Cloud/Zack Idea, they replace Cruller and Enuo.  Unfortunately, "CK Smells" is not a valid reason to ignore an opinion, ESPECIALLY when the person making a "They smell" comment is Zenny.

The Chocobo Idea has been accepted...except I made them from different enemies.  Namely Chickenlip/Cluck, and Anemone+its two palette swaps.  Reason? The Chocobo is a small sprite and I didn't want to waste it on something that's 64x64
(also, this means there won't be any fanbirds.)

Lastly, Tonfa's Engrish Names have been accepted!  The enemies aren't having anything done to their sprites, but their stats and scripts are going under minor tweaks based on their name!

Anyway, keep the ideas coming...or at least, I can pretend you're throwing a bunch at me <_<

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2008, 06:39:39 AM »
Ahhhh dammit I can't remember the weird move name the Gorems will have to have, Mokujinken or something?
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2008, 01:48:33 AM »
Just noting that I'm still open to ideas! Also reminding myself to actually cross off randoms as I keep killing them off.

A few more things died recently and such, such like Bombs are now Shy Guys.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2008, 04:24:35 AM »
ok, more things have been replaced!

Beavers and Psyduck have replaced stuff in the Lete River.  Yes, there are Spyducks too.

Goldfly replaces those weird hornet look alikes, Bunny replace those stupid plants, Vultures are replaced with...well, something remotely interesting!

Anyway, yeah, I'm still open to ideas and such! <_<;

Xeroma

• SARDINES.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Vampire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2008, 04:35:50 AM »
Are there any random enemies left to change?

<@SageAcrin> Where you realize that, when you think about everything that's said about this person...
<@SageAcrin> It adds up to one thing.
<+Ranmilia> MEGA MAN PLOT

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2008, 06:52:29 AM »
Check the list, and see what isn't crossed out.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2008, 05:10:06 AM »
SO3 noble quotes -

My money, my money ... ohhhh ... my money!

What ... what do you think you're doing!

Oh please ... if you'll only spare my life!

I won't forget this!

I HATE you

Just what I remember off the bat >.>

« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 05:16:43 AM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2008, 04:28:37 AM »
Ok, a roughly complete version is finally up!  All that's left are minor tweaks here and there!  You will have to find the link yourself in the first post; it is cleverly HIDDEN!

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2009, 06:24:49 AM »
Random update or something to MF6!

Now I thought I was done, but then I decided to put Dissidia References to all the characters from that game in!  These are primarily minor things like renaming equips but yeah...

...someone than mentioned "Shame you couldn't do FF6a and make even MORE ENEMIES!" or something, ending with this idea...

...then it occured to me "Wait! What about more Super Boss randoms, running off the same idea of fighting the 8 dragons all over again?"  It also occurred to me that I liked FF6a's Kaiser Dragon, so figured I should give a nod to him.  So I present to you, FF6's 10 new Super bosses!  Also, a few older ones just to remind you they exist <_<

First off, the RETRO ONES!!! ...not including the Trinity since I lack a file that they're not dead in at this point, and besides, they're not randoms!

Pokemon's version of Jesus
...now if only I could get the "Wall Change at start of every fight" thing to work properly, instead of it only working on his first fight...

Cause of much pain and suffering for all the wrong reasons in BoF3!
Not really a super boss, but figured I'd toss them here since they're fought in the same area, and no slouches.

...self explanatory...
These two were the original super bosses of MF6, but...well, they're still probably better than most of the Super Dragons, but they're not intended to be #1 anymore.

EDIT: Picture is out of date; one of the two has been replaced with something that was more in demand!Namely Marill -> Piplup.

All of these are fought in the former Dinosaur Forest.

Now for MF6's version of Dragon's Den!  Note that a few of the older Dragons got punted for fresher, new ones.  No, the ORIGINAL Dragons didn't die, just the Upgrade forms got them replaced with something else.

Elfboy Fanservice
Location Fought: Forest South of Domremy (formerly known as Kohlighen)

The Dragon Maiden
Location Fought: Desert on Solitary Island.
(She replaces Zog, if you care)

Badass from FF6...THE RETURN!
Location Fought: Desert south of Galia (formerly known as Maranda)

Draco Meteor Not Included!
Location Fought: Forest/Plains West of Filgaia (formerly known as Thamasa)

NOTE: Plains and Wasteland are in fact different terrains, despite the same background.  Basically, Plains are where its still green.

EDIT: Out of date pic.  He has been replaced with a more original idea, rather than a cheap "upgrade of previous boss." Namely Godzilla. 

Golden Haired Bishie!
Location Fought: Big Ass Desert where the Wrecked Ship (aka Figaro Castle) is...and I mean BOTH Deserts.

Pink is Styling now!
Location Fought: Deserts near Yorkland (aka Tzen).  This was actually planned cause its near a mountain, see, which is said character's native area!

Be Happy He's Not in Drakkhen
Location Fought: Triangle Island.  Not limited to the forest, despite how this pic may give you that implication.
(he replaces Dragonite, if you care)

Three Heads are better than one
Location Fought: Forests near Galia (aka Maranda)
(he replaces Ice Drake if you care)

EDIT: Like Specsmence, out of date pic, replaced with a different idea.  Note the enemy is still in the game, just downgraded to a generic random elsewhere, instead of a super boss.  The Super Boss still uses this sprite, just different coloring. Yeah, its King Ghidorah, what about it?

And the dummied guy from FF6 whose the "leader"
Location Fought: Solitary Island Wasteland.

All these encounters are 1/16 chance if you're in the right spot.  Note that you can run from most of them, barring two of these random encounters.

And finally, not themed with the above, I credit CK with this boss as he came up with the idea and said something like "It'd be the perfect ultimate enemy for MF6!" and I really couldn't argue, so I decided to actually go through with it!  So I present to the ...

MF6 Ultimate Enemy!
Location Fought: Where there are Beaks (aka Dark Winds) and Rabites (aka Leafers) in the World of Ruin...and no, I don't mean the Veldt.

Where did I find that sprite?  Was randomly looking at art on Deviant Art and happened to stumble across it and went "Wow, that's perfect!"  It was actually different color in the hair (take a guess what color <_<), but after having to lower its size to half (initially too big) and decrease color depth to 16, the hair color just HAPPENED to end changing to the same color as said character's default anyway (or very reminiscent of it), so in the end all ended up well!

I have one more idea for a super boss, and might go through with it, but...debating.  That idea being Super Boss Ultros.  Opinions on this idea couldn't hurt <_<
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 05:51:26 PM by Meeplelard »

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2009, 11:41:18 AM »
Request for stats on the new enemies! I wanna know what the Ultimate Enemy's skillset looks like at least.

-Djinn

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2009, 03:45:05 PM »
Most of them are suped up versions of their original selves, possibly with a few extra quirks.  I'd rather not give them away, since you know, that's kind of the fun part!

I had to be careful not to go overboard with "lol MT OHKO ITD damage" especially in a game with limited Auto Life, so don't expect much of THAT.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2009, 12:41:40 AM »
UPDATE UP AND SUCH! Also, now that its up, if my computer explodes, DATA WON'T BE LOST! BWAHAHAHAH!

...uh, yeah <_<

PKNintendo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2009, 02:42:32 PM »
Cool, can't wait for the final product.

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2009, 02:07:20 AM »
So... is this the most updated version of MF6?

Now that I have some of the tools, I've been looking at the sprites and such.

I'm noticing that when I edit sprites using the FF3SE v2, and then upload the same edited file with Lord J's FF3US SpriteEd that not all sprites are edited by both programs.

Notably, the 'getting hit' sprite from FF3SEv2 is different from the 'getting hit' sprite in FF3US SpriteEd. Also, FF3SEv2 doesn't include a 'profile KO'd' sprite, whereas FF3US SpriteEd does.

This is all highly important to me because I have no idea how Meeple managed to edit those two sprites using FF3US SpriteEd, because frankly that program makes no sense as an editing tool.

Also, now that I've looked through all the sprites: Jeez, Meeple, think you have enough Pokemon?!

Question on skill editors: Is there any way to increase the rate that Desperation Attacks activate?

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2009, 04:16:04 PM »
FF6 Sprite Editor does not get all the sprites no; you have to manually find the sprite in the other one and change the tile set there.

Also, outside of minor tweaks, this is pretty much the final version.  Minor tweaks being alterations in balance, AI tweaking on monsters that aren't functioning properly, potential name changes, possibly fixing up not working sprites (There...are some awkwardness with some of the capes I would like to fix, for example), but nothing major.

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2009, 12:58:10 AM »
I actually started working on fixing up some of the sprites...

Specifically the capes you mentioned on Ike, the trenchcoat on Yuri, the bottom of Virginia's dress, adding Rolf's bandana, adding color depth to the solid blobs of red/green on some characters. I also redrew Laharl and Tir from scratch because they looked too much like Gau/Merchant. I'm also working on redrawing Lina into Millenia, but that's more for me than anything you'll be able to use for 'real' MF6.

Once I have intarwebs in my house, I should be able to send those to you.

Note that when I initially tried loading them into MF6 myself, the palette realigns itself in FF3SEv2. To circumvent this problem, one must manually edit the first 16 pixels of the sprite sheet to the same palette order for each spriteset on the palette, otherwise, the colors load incorrectly in the program. Once the sprite set is loaded with the correct palette, it's trivial to change the top sixteen pixels of one sprite to the correct design within the FF2SEv2 program itself.

This is important because I do all my sprite editing in Paint and import into FF3SEv2. Since I can't seem to forcefully extract the missing sprites into a Paint-editable format, I'm probably not going to mess with the missing sprites outside of color editing.