Register

Author Topic: Celdia's Complete Patch: 2nd [Beta]  (Read 1819 times)

Celdia

• Retro White Mage Extraordinaire
  • New User
  • Heals or Holy? I'm good for both.
    • View Profile
    • Celdia on Twitch.tv
Celdia's Complete Patch: 2nd [Beta]
« on: December 25, 2012, 12:49:21 PM »
As some of you who were aware of my FFT hack - Celdia's Complete Patch - may know, I've been working on rewriting my original patch into something a bit more balanced and a bit less broken on a coding level. Well I've finally finished a playable demo of the new version, CCP 2nd. I'm too tired to put up much in the way of info about it right now, but I did promise I'd let people know when I posted it. This is me letting you know.

You can get the patch over here: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9408.0

Celdia

• New User
    • View Profile
    • Celdia on Twitch.tv
Re: Celdia's Complete Patch: 2nd [Beta]
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 04:44:10 AM »
I have a habit of posting a patch and forgetting something in it then reposting nearly the same patch with a tiny fix. This habit strikes again. If you want to have proper War Trophies in Chapter 2, follow the above link and go re-download the patch.  :'( Sorry about that.

Celdia

• New User
    • View Profile
    • Celdia on Twitch.tv
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 07:54:39 AM »
Did a few more fixes on various text issues and a bigger fix to repair the Immunity status as well as get the Fitting Room working again.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 10:07:41 AM »
I didn't troll this thread yet with joke suggestions?  How neglectful of me.  That is like I haven't shown my affection for your work.

What kinds of less broken coding are we talking here anyway just out of interest?  Are you just clearing out dirty hack work or redoing some concepts entirely?
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Bobbin Cranbud

• Denizen
    • View Profile
    • The Writing of Joshua Cole
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 03:43:05 PM »
Looking forward to trying this. I enjoyed the original CCP for its interesting classes, but it's really hard to go back to a less-balanced game after LFT. If you've gotten the balance to at least "better than unmodded FFT" then this should be well worth playing. :)
Read my webnovel, Eye Opener, now available on RoyalRoad.

Celdia

• New User
    • View Profile
    • Celdia on Twitch.tv
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2012, 06:05:38 PM »
@Grefter: A little of both. I build CCP1 while learning how to make a patch and there was a lot of bad choices in how to apply things on top of the whole patch being a disorganized mess and having almost no notes on what changes I'd actually made. Also, in the year or so it took me to make that many more and cleaner hacks have been produced to do the same things I was already doing, usually in more stable ways. On top of that there are just more options for changing things than I had before [like binding Act commands to skillsets and equipment or applying +Brave and +Faith modifiers to equipment] in ways I really wanted to experiment with. There have been a few jobs that got reworked or replaced entirely as well as many more modifications to monster families as well.

@Bobbin: I can't promise balance like LFT or even much better than Vanilla...which is really the major reason for releasing a beta version. I need to get feedback from people that understand balance better than I do so I can find out if my planning worked even half as well as I hoped.