Register

Author Topic: Fire Emblem Hack  (Read 3143 times)

MC50

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Fire Emblem Hack
« on: May 30, 2012, 02:01:44 PM »
Hey,

I was debating whether or not to post this, but I decided to give it a try.

Anyway, this is a hack of Fire Emblem 7 (The first one released in English).

The changes are pretty large - Enemies are changed, playable characters, all dialogue (even supports) are changed pretty significantly. The bosses are as well. Some are original, some are characters from other games.

Anyway, the graphics are mostly original, and the quality on them varies greatly from when we first started to when we started to get decent at it. The dialogue is kind of stupid, but might be good for a laugh. Less random humor than my last hack. But a lot more dialogue (it was ridiculous).

Some text and stuf is basically stolen from certain things, but a fair bit is actually original.

If people are interested, I can post character bases and growths, or anything else you think might be interesting.

What's left to do?

Not a whole lot, really. Possibly some balance changes. I'd like to have custom battle sprites for the lords. That's about it, really. The maps are the same and will likely be staying the same - This took a long time as is (About a year?), and I've learned from numerous failed RPG Maker games in my younger years to know your limits.

Anyway, I've attached a couple pictures. The link to DL it is below. Post comments or whatever as you like.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2om57db6gsm8ubl

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Hack
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 05:07:57 AM »
Couple things to note/suggest:

Meeting the Nomad/Cav in chapter 2(or is that 1 becuase of prologue? I forget) has a spot where the text is garbled as all hell.

One enemey Mercenary in the chapter where you get pegasus girl has 0 health to start with, it's quite odd. The "No Damage" message comes up when you attack him, but he dies anyway right after, so hardly a big deal just a weird bug.

Random suggestion that you change the title screen or something like that just a bit, put the title of the hack in there or something. Also not a major thing, just a little polish bit I've seen in stuff like LFT and CCP that I think is a good idea.

Also, holy hell this hack is silly. -_-;
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

MC50

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Hack
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 09:14:33 AM »
Argh, I thought I fixed that text thing early on. Thanks for pointing it out to me.

I know "why" the mercenary with 0 HP happens (Peg Knight has too much STR, and knocks him down to 0 HP in a cutscene, but doesn't kill him) But not sure how to fix it. It seemed mostly harmless though.

New title screen is a good idea. If I ever come up with a hack name, I'll try and do it.

Yeah, the text is really silly. It tries to have a coherent plot, though! It's just completely ridiculous. It does get a "little" more serious in "Eliwood" mode, but the characters are still silly. Figured it'd be better than barely changing the original text, though. (It took forever though)

In general, the characters are a bit stronger than original (maybe too much) the enemies are buffed a bit too, eventually. (In particular the bosses). I've attached a list of growths at the bottom, if you are curious. It's a little messy but it has the info you would need.

Actually, if you're looking for a challenge, download a save with hector hard mode unlocked. It is changed. I playtested it - It is completable, though I'd recommend playing through the first 10 stages first.

The default difficulty is along the lines of the original game, a little tougher bosses, and a little harder lategame.

Anyway, thanks or posting, I'll actually probably show up in chat at some point for a while, I've been meaning to anyway, if anyone has any questions (or whatever)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 10:47:46 AM by MC50 »