Register

Author Topic: Music Tournament of DOOM Vol. 2 ~Round 2, Pools 5&6~  (Read 4653 times)

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Music Tournament of DOOM Vol. 2 ~Round 2, Pools 5&6~
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 10:04:06 AM »
Such an uninspiring pool after 3&4.

MAIN TOURNAMENT
Last Battle ~Decision~ (Tales of Symphonia) vs. Liberi Fatali (Final Fantasy VIII)
The Excitement of Both of Us (Legend of Mana) vs. Anu Orta Veniya (Panzer Dragoon Orta)
The Fate ~ Cluster Amaryllis (Shadow Hearts Covenant) vs. Aspiration (Xenogears)
Far Cry (Breath of Fire V) vs. The First Unison (Valkyrie Profile)

You Smiled Kindly (.hack//GU Volume 3) vs. You're Not Alone (Final Fantasy IX)
The Extreme (Final Fantasy VIII) vs. Diva (Guilty Gear 2)
Never More (Persona 4) vs. Awe of She (Guilty Gear XX)
To the Last Drop of My Blood (Valkyrie Profile) vs. Scarlet Wind (Radiata Stories)

FAILURE BRACKET
Three of Darkside (Seiken Densetsu 3) vs. What's Up? (Star Ocean 3)

ANIME
In the Land of Twilight, Under the Moon (.hack//SIGN) vs. Yasashii Yoake (.hack//SIGN)
Colorless Wind (sola) vs. Trust You (Gundam 00 Season 2)
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Bardiche

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 12:08:49 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Last Battle ~Decision~ (Tales of Symphonia) vs. Liberi Fatali (Final Fantasy VIII)
The Excitement of Both of Us (Legend of Mana) vs. Anu Orta Veniya (Panzer Dragoon Orta
The Fate ~ Cluster Amaryllis (Shadow Hearts Covenant) vs. Aspiration (Xenogears)

Never More (Persona 4) vs. Awe ofShe (Guilty Gear XX)
To the Last Drop of My Blood (Valkyrie Profile) vs. Scarlet Wind (Radiata Stories)

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME
In the Land of Twilight, Under the Moon (.hack//SIGN) vs. Yasashii Yoake (.hack//SIGN) - Both are great. I was going to vote ItLoT,UtM, but then I decided to play YY in the background. Re-impressed me.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 12:49:05 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
The Excitement of Both of Us (Legend of Mana) vs. Anu Orta Veniya (Panzer Dragoon Orta

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME
In the Land of Twilight, Under the Moon (.hack//SIGN) vs. Yasashii Yoake (.hack//SIGN)

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 01:48:18 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 03:42:35 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
The Excitement of Both of Us (Legend of Mana) vs. Anu Orta Veniya (Panzer Dragoon Orta)

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 04:16:30 PM by Cmdr_King »
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Idun

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 06:37:35 PM »

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2009, 07:15:55 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Last Battle ~Decision~ (Tales of Symphonia) vs. Liberi Fatali (Final Fantasy VIII) - Yep.

The Excitement of Both of Us (Legend of Mana) vs. Anu Orta Veniya (Panzer Dragoon Orta) - Something from LoM vs. a bad vocal track.

The Fate ~ Cluster Amaryllis (Shadow Hearts Covenant) vs. Aspiration (Xenogears) - Yep.

Far Cry (Breath of Fire V) vs. The First Unison (Valkyrie Profile) - Splat.

You Smiled Kindly (.hack//GU Volume 3) vs. You're Not Alone (Final Fantasy IX) - Yep.

The Extreme (Final Fantasy VIII) vs. Diva (Guilty Gear 2) - Unimpressive, but good enough to beat The Extreme.

Never More (Persona 4) vs. Awe of She (Guilty Gear XX) - Eh.

To the Last Drop of My Blood (Valkyrie Profile) vs. Scarlet Wind (Radiata Stories) - TtLDoMB sucks.

FAILURE BRACKET
Three of Darkside (Seiken Densetsu 3) vs. What's Up? (Star Ocean 3) - Actually fails.

ANIME
In the Land of Twilight, Under the Moon (.hack//SIGN) vs. Yasashii Yoake (.hack//SIGN) - Good match.

Colorless Wind (sola) vs. Trust You (Gundam 00 Season 2) - Go get crushed next round, mediocre track.

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2009, 09:16:06 PM »

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2009, 12:21:51 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Last Battle ~Decision~ (Tales of Symphonia) vs. Liberi Fatali (Final Fantasy VIII) - Decent match, but a clear winner.
The Excitement of Both of Us (Legend of Mana) vs. Anu Orta Veniya (Panzer Dragoon Orta) - Man, this one is tough. Really like both, sad to see either one go.
The Fate ~ Cluster Amaryllis (Shadow Hearts Covenant) vs. Aspiration (Xenogears) - Mellow but upbeat. Very nice.
Far Cry (Breath of Fire V) vs. The First Unison (Valkyrie Profile) - Always been a fan of First Unison.

You Smiled Kindly (.hack//GU Volume 3) vs. You're Not Alone (Final Fantasy IX) - Another decent match with a clear winner.
The Extreme (Final Fantasy VIII) vs. Diva (Guilty Gear 2) - Not much to say here. EDIT: changing vote on a relisten. Still not much to say.
Never More (Persona 4) vs. Awe of She (Guilty Gear XX) - Mrf. Like the instrumentals of Never More more, but the japaneese lyrics kill it enough for Awe to take it.
To the Last Drop of My Blood (Valkyrie Profile) vs. Scarlet Wind (Radiata Stories) - Argh. I love Last Drop, but Scarlet Wind is something I would have nommed if I'd gotten around to doing that at all.

FAILURE BRACKET
Three of Darkside (Seiken Densetsu 3) vs. What's Up? (Star Ocean 3) - Vaguely boring vs "what the hell IS that noise?"
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 01:48:09 AM by Gatewalker »
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2009, 03:02:37 AM »

MAIN TOURNAMENT
The Excitement of Both of Us (Legend of Mana) vs. Anu Orta Veniya (Panzer Dragoon Orta - Close.  Both are solid.
The Fate ~ Cluster Amaryllis (Shadow Hearts Covenant) vs. Aspiration (Xenogears) vs. Eternity (Blue Dragon) - You are blind!  If you cannot see Eternity staring down the tournament despite losing!  Hope to spare!  Finish what you started!  Then would you learn to love?! (In the unlikely event that one vote would change things The Fate gets my real vote.)
Far Cry (Breath of Fire V) vs. The First Unison (Valkyrie Profile) - Sorry, neat organ music.  Good match.

You Smiled Kindly (.hack//GU Volume 3) vs. You're Not Alone (Final Fantasy IX) - YSK is still only OK to me, YNA is RFC.
The Extreme (Final Fantasy VIII) vs. Diva (Guilty Gear 2) - Definitely a fan of The Extreme.
Never More (Persona 4) vs. Awe of She (Guilty Gear XX) - I do like some of Guilty Gear's music, but She still isn't an example of one I like.
To the Last Drop of My Blood (Valkyrie Profile) vs. Scarlet Wind (Radiata Stories) - Yup.  Last Drop is still pretty neat, too.

FAILURE BRACKET
Three of Darkside (Seiken Densetsu 3) vs. What's Up? (Star Ocean 3) - Failure vs. non-failure.

ANIME
In the Land of Twilight, Under the Moon (.hack//SIGN) vs. Yasashii Yoake (.hack//SIGN) - Yasashii Yoake is really, really, really good and was probably the song that sold me on "I need to find more of .hack's music."  Twilight is just reallyx1 good, and is a wee bit repetitive.
Colorless Wind (sola) vs. Trust You (Gundam 00 Season 2) - Answer to last time's question if such a thing as a colored wind exists: Obviously, I'd just forgotten about Scarlet Wind before.  Which would beat both of these, naturally (blend color & non-color, you get color).

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2009, 03:36:01 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
The Excitement of Both of Us (Legend of Mana) vs. Anu Orta Veniya (Panzer Dragoon Orta) - Excitement is not one of LoM's better tracks. Anu Orta Veniya is nice.
The Fate ~ Cluster Amaryllis (Shadow Hearts Covenant) vs. Aspiration (Xenogears) - Ha ha ha. Ha. Ha ha.

The Extreme (Final Fantasy VIII) vs. Diva (Guilty Gear 2) - Close. Diva is pretty catchy, but Extreme is an old favorite.

FAILURE BRACKET
Three of Darkside (Seiken Densetsu 3) vs. What's Up? (Star Ocean 3) - Yeah. Boring vs. Actively Annoying.

ANIME
In the Land of Twilight, Under the Moon (.hack//SIGN) vs. Yasashii Yoake (.hack//SIGN) - Gotta love .hack's soundtrack. This one took a while to decide. May change my mind later.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2009, 04:19:14 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 07:33:40 PM by Talaysen »

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2009, 08:54:16 PM »

MAIN TOURNAMENT

FAILURE BRACKET
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2009, 08:53:30 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Last Battle ~Decision~ (Tales of Symphonia) vs. Liberi Fatali (Final Fantasy VIII) - Not terribly close.
The Excitement of Both of Us (Legend of Mana) vs. Anu Orta Veniya (Panzer Dragoon Orta) - Yeeeah. AOV lyrics = no.
The Fate ~ Cluster Amaryllis (Shadow Hearts Covenant) vs. Aspiration (Xenogears) - Okay, I listened to both of these at least 6 times, and still no idea. No vote.
Far Cry (Breath of Fire V) vs. The First Unison (Valkyrie Profile) - Far Cry's good for the situation, but horrible outside of it. Not amazingly impressed by First Unison, though. Hmm. I guess Far Cry can take this one.

You Smiled Kindly (.hack//GU Volume 3) vs. You're Not Alone (Final Fantasy IX) - Ahaha, no. Good, but nowhere near the standards of YNA.
The Extreme (Final Fantasy VIII) vs. Diva (Guilty Gear 2) - Yeah, I like FF8. Yeah, I like Extreme. But Diva is just pure awesome.
Never More (Persona 4) vs. Awe of She (Guilty Gear XX) - Never More bored me. AoS is pretty awesome.
To the Last Drop of My Blood (Valkyrie Profile) vs. Scarlet Wind (Radiata Stories) - Ooh, I like. A lot. (Both of them, but this one more.)

FAILURE BRACKET
Three of Darkside (Seiken Densetsu 3) vs. What's Up? (Star Ocean 3) - It's been said. Dull/uneventful vs. ughshutitup.

ANIME
In the Land of Twilight, Under the Moon (.hack//SIGN) vs. Yasashii Yoake (.hack//SIGN) - Ooh, creepy but good. I like. YY's good, but not good enough.
Colorless Wind (sola) vs. Trust You (Gundam 00 Season 2) - Pretty and good > weird and good.

Oh yeah, what does RFC mean? (In reference to Snowfire's post.)

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2009, 06:08:09 AM »
Remember, this pool closes at midnight EST monday!  Get your votes in now!

TranceHime

• Let's have a freaking kid!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • That'll solve ALL our problems!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2009, 09:56:52 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME
Colorless Wind (sola) vs. Trust You (Gundam 00 Season 2) - Aira Yuki rocks your face or something ;c
19:35:58 (trancehime) there's a specific spot in the game that's for item duping
19:36:14 (Sanae) o.o
19:39:11 (Sanae) I'd love to dupe a second trancehime.

hinode

• Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • And ladies! And ladies who dress like men!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2009, 06:22:58 PM »

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2009, 11:06:08 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Last Battle ~Decision~ (Tales of Symphonia) vs. Liberi Fatali (Final Fantasy VIII) - More unique.
The Excitement of Both of Us (Legend of Mana) vs. Anu Orta Veniya (Panzer Dragoon Orta) - Just better.
The Fate ~ Cluster Amaryllis (Shadow Hearts Covenant) vs. Aspiration (Xenogears) - Still not a real fan of CA.
Far Cry (Breath of Fire V) vs. The First Unison (Valkyrie Profile) - Why don't I remember that piece being that good?

You Smiled Kindly (.hack//GU Volume 3) vs. You're Not Alone (Final Fantasy IX) - At least this bit of overly melodramatic music sounds good.
The Extreme (Final Fantasy VIII) vs. Diva (Guilty Gear 2) - Eh, not Guilty Gear.
Never More (Persona 4) vs. Awe of She (Guilty Gear XX) - There's exceptions to everything, well, that, and bad timing.  If I beat P4 before pool closes, vote might change.
To the Last Drop of My Blood (Valkyrie Profile) vs. Scarlet Wind (Radiata Stories) - Mmm, good guitar.

FAILURE BRACKET
Three of Darkside (Seiken Densetsu 3) vs. What's Up? (Star Ocean 3) - Eh, SO3 points.

ANIME
In the Land of Twilight, Under the Moon (.hack//SIGN) vs. Yasashii Yoake (.hack//SIGN) - How oddly similar.  It's almost like they're from the same source material.
Colorless Wind (sola) vs. Trust You (Gundam 00 Season 2) - How'd that get past round 1 again?

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2009, 11:18:15 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2009, 02:24:38 AM »
Oh yeah, what does RFC mean? (In reference to Snowfire's post.)
In this context?  Really forkin' cool.  (Replace a few letters in the middle of the second word for a more typical variant.)  Admittedly a more obscure use of that acronym, but a quick search confirmed that some other sites used that, and if it's on the Internet it must be true.

Soulgain

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2009, 04:36:06 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME

WanderingMind

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2009, 04:55:18 AM »

You Smiled Kindly (.hack//GU Volume 3)
vs. You're Not Alone (Final Fantasy IX)

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2009, 06:09:45 AM »
Results!

MAIN TOURNAMENT
Last Battle ~Decision~ (Tales of Symphonia) [1] vs. Liberi Fatali (Final Fantasy VIII) [19]
The Excitement of Both of Us (Legend of Mana) [10] vs. Anu Orta Veniya (Panzer Dragoon Orta [9]
The Fate ~ Cluster Amaryllis (Shadow Hearts Covenant) [10] vs. Aspiration (Xenogears) [7]
Far Cry (Breath of Fire V) [5] vs. The First Unison (Valkyrie Profile) [14]

You Smiled Kindly (.hack//GU Volume 3) [6] vs. You're Not Alone (Final Fantasy IX) [13]
The Extreme (Final Fantasy VIII) [10] vs. Diva (Guilty Gear 2) [9]
Never More (Persona 4) [7] vs. Awe of She (Guilty Gear XX) [12]
To the Last Drop of My Blood (Valkyrie Profile) [6] vs. Scarlet Wind (Radiata Stories) [13]

FAILURE BRACKET
Three of Darkside (Seiken Densetsu 3) [3] vs. What's Up? (Star Ocean 3) [15]

ANIME
In the Land of Twilight, Under the Moon (.hack//SIGN) [7] vs. Yasashii Yoake (.hack//SIGN) [9]
Colorless Wind (sola) [12] vs. Trust You (Gundam 00 Season 2) [2]