Register

Author Topic: RPGVO 2022 Round 7: Losers Quarters; Double Dragon Godlike 2: Electric Boogaloo  (Read 515 times)

• Suggests the birth of an abomination
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
GODLIKE

Ryu (BoF3) vs. Fou Lu (BoF4)
Sephiroth (FF7) vs. Shania (SH3)

HEAVY

Millenia (G2) vs. Nel Zelpher (SO3)
X (MMX:CM) vs. Lyon (Suiko5)

MIDDLE

Lich (FF1) vs. Roy (FE6)
CHAMELEON MAN (WA3) vs. Kazan (Legaia 2)

LIGHT

Natan (SH3) vs. Guile (CC)
Aika (SoA) vs. Geela (TriStrat)
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.
 <@Elecman> Seems reasonable.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
GODLIKE

Sephiroth (FF7) vs. Shania (SH3) - See Nama below, since we mostly share views how bosses work.

MIDDLE

CHAMELEON MAN (WA3) vs. Kazan (Legaia 2) - I'm going to laugh if this match has to coinflip 0 votes due to everyone abstaining.

LIGHT

Natan (SH3) vs. Guile (CC) - Tankier and more damage.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2022, 06:18:45 AM by Magic Fanatic »

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
GODLIKE

Sephiroth (FF7) vs. Shania (SH3) - Shania can block Paralysis, so that option is out of the question, but largely this is off of me holding Sephy to his pattern.  Sephy uses his first turn setting up Wall, whereas Shania transforms and sets up Sanlittobell which sets her matching him, speedwise,  She'll need Shining Zephyr for the second turn to bounce back from how hard Shadow Flare hits, but after that she can tank the physical, hit with Sun Flare, and then burn a stock for Sun Flare->Shining Zephyr to kill him on the fly turn before Pale Horse goes off.  Still, good match.

HEAVY

Millenia (G2) vs. Nel Zelpher (SO3) - I'll have to figure out speed, since this is some serious quickdraw.  Ice Daggers versus SBE; if the former lands Freeze before the latter goes off, Nel wins.  Otherwise, Millenia wins.

MIDDLE

Lich (FF1) vs. Roy (FE6) - Roy hits the wrong defense.  FE versus status.  And by my read and interps, Lich wins the quickdraw.  RIP Roy.
CHAMELEON MAN (WA3) vs. Kazan (Legaia 2) - Does Legaia 2 have deathblockers?

LIGHT

is thoroughly epic
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
GODLIKE
Sephiroth (FF7) vs. Shania (SH3) - Unless I'm missing something. I don't hold Seph to a strict pattern, so Pale Horse is a guaranteed victory if he pulls it off. Since Shania can OHKO him with a Double Sun Flare + T3 Magic, Seph goes Wall first. Then when he 3-2s, he Flies and does Pale Horse to status out Shania and win. By raw numbers, Shania is like 97% average speed while Seph is like 150%. Even if you penalize Seph a bit for ATB, it's hard not see him at least 4-3ing. Consider a lot of Shania's moves have heavy recovery on them, that might turn into a 3-2 anyway unless she goes for like basic physicals.

HEAVY
Millenia (G2) vs. Nel Zelpher (SO3) - Millenia does have an argument in that her abilities not requiring her to move means she COULD beat Nel to the punch...depending on how far their starting positions are. However, Nel is generally faster (better move speed + freezing daggers in this case has a fast start up) and the two skills she wants to consider using here are both long range friendly. Hard not to see her winning the fast draw.
X (MMX:CM) vs. Lyon (Suiko5) - X having an ID Blocker is not good for Lyon. Her best bet is to quickly ID X on Turn 1 so she can begin working on his 2nd life bar. Without that option, having to slug him out once he's in his hyper armor is a losing proposition. Not only does he become much faster and gain damage reduction so Vermillion Sky's damage gets cut drastically, but his WE gain rises pretty steadily and doesn't reset on death IIRC. She's at a real risk of running out of her best spell charges and even if X doesn't do anything other than shoot until a maxed AT, those pelts add up real quick since she can't heal.

MIDDLE

Is banned from votans

LIGHT
Natan (SH3) vs. Guile (CC) - Similar to last week, Guile's big problem here is he can't burst his damage out effectively because he needs 2 turns to even use his L7 tech. Natan puts himself behind when he uses his big techs, but he can at least use them Turn 1. It's also quite possible Natan ends up getting Stock between his own turns and Guile hitting him, which will pretty much end this fight outright when it happens.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2022, 02:03:29 PM by Tide »
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
GODLIKE

Sephiroth (FF7) vs. Shania (SH3) - I'll bite

HEAVY
nope

MIDDLE

Lich (FF1) vs. Roy (FE6) - Barking Blade gives Roy some decent chance of resisting Hold but merely decent resistance isn't good enough.  And honestly Lich might not even need it since Blizzara is MT.
CHAMELEON MAN (WA3) vs. Kazan (Legaia 2) - Legaia 2 has ID blocking accessories but fuck if I know how reasonable they are to actually have.  e: for now i'm going to go with no and no blocking misery sure as fuck isn't good enough

LIGHT

Natan (SH3) vs. Guile (CC)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2022, 05:32:08 AM by Random Consonant »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
Ryu (BoF3) vs. Fou Lu (BoF4) - I distinctly remember Ryu having some dragon forms that can reach something absurd like over 5x PC HP, making surviving the first couple Dark Waves and shaving down Fou's long-term damage viable. Once he does that, I feel like victory's within reach.
Sephiroth (FF7) vs. Shania (SH3) - Sure. Wall => survive => lolololol (Shania can't 2HKO post-Wall and the recharge post-double makes it so she ain't getting the turns to do back-to-back-doubles).

Millenia (G2) vs. Nel Zelpher (SO3) - Doesn't G2 have storebought freeze immunity or something akin to that, to make matters worse? I'm pretty sure I see Freezing Daggers as turn 2 to begin with, so it doesn't matter A TON, but.
X (MMX:CM) vs. Lyon (Suiko5) - sure

Lich (FF1) vs. Roy (FE6) - Yeah sure. Hold is a win.
CHAMELEON MAN (WA3) vs. Kazan (Legaia 2) - I don't really remember Tonfa Man.

Natan (SH3) vs. Guile (CC) - I s'pose? I do think Natan does better at the consistent offense thing.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
GODLIKE

Sephiroth (FF7) vs. Shania (SH3)

HEAVY

Millenia (G2) vs. Nel Zelpher (SO3)
X (MMX:CM) vs. Lyon (Suiko5)

MIDDLE

Lich (FF1) vs. Roy (FE6)
CHAMELEON MAN (WA3) vs. Kazan (Legaia 2)- Kazan can't block Death, but can block Misery.  Y'know what, I think just having his skillset does enough for him.

LIGHT

Natan (SH3) vs. Guile (CC)- general respect check, if anyone wants to math this out I'll try and remember to poke my head back in and see what math says.
Aika (SoA) vs. Geela (TriStrat)- No vote.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
GODLIKE

Ryu (BoF3) vs. Fou Lu (BoF4): Definitely feels like his sort of matchup. He doesn't fear HP-1 nearly as much as Ryu4 does.
Sephiroth (FF7) vs. Shania (SH3): I feel like Sephiroth is just about the only boss people holding to in-game AI. I even kinda like in-game AI as a view, but you gotta apply it consistently... Shania actually has a pretty good shot against in-game AI Belial, after all, particularly if you ban 4D Pocket, but for some reason that wasn't brought up. Anyway, Sephiroth with free AI should win this quite easily I think.

HEAVY

Millenia (G2) vs. Nel Zelpher (SO3): No freeze blocker in G2, or even anything close that I can see. If Ice Daggers freeze is turn 1, this is an incredibly easy win.
X (MMX:CM) vs. Lyon (Suiko5): Lyon does tear off a heck of a lot of HP as soon as the fight starts... but yeah, probably. Especially since X will lap her.

MIDDLE

Lich (FF1) vs. Roy (FE6): Faster and can tank a Roy turn. So even if Hold is turn 2, that's not gonna be enough.
CHAMELEON MAN (WA3) vs. Kazan (Legaia 2): nope

LIGHT

Natan (SH3) vs. Guile (CC): Echoing others here: I'm open to numbers proving me wrong, but my kneejerk is Natan is just a better slugger.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Round 7 Match Results:

GODLIKE

Ryu (BoF3) |||| vs. Fou Lu (BoF4)
Sephiroth (FF7) ||||| vs. Shania (SH3) ||

HEAVY

Millenia (G2) | vs. Nel Zelpher (SO3) |||
X (MMX:CM) |||| vs. Lyon (Suiko5)

MIDDLE

Lich (FF1) ||||| vs. Roy (FE6)
CHAMELEON MAN (WA3) | (TIEBREAKER) vs. Kazan (Legaia 2) |

LIGHT

Natan (SH3) |||||| vs. Guile (CC)
Aika (SoA) (Worst Tiebreaker Ever) vs. Geela (TriStrat)